• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Just a quick update so it doesn't look like I'm doing nothing:

6/6 - Walked around the lake

6/7 - Walked around the lake and did 30 minutes of mobility work

• 5x10 Shoulder dislocates (shortening the distance between hands each set.  This and the paleo chair I mixed in between other items)
  • 8x30s Paleo chair groin stretch with some core flexing to loosen up my hips/pelvis a little.  I makes it hard to breath, but it seems to help a lot
  • Vertical lat stretch, wall soleus stretch, hip flexor stretch
  • Rolled my back, chest, and calves
  • At the end, tested my squat depth (easily below parallel, albeit without good core engagement - I was just going for max depth with heel son the ground and balance. Flexxing my back brought be to basically parallel).  I can also now get my knees a little outside of my feet as far as range of motion goes.  Previously, I had my knees pushing out from the front of my pelvis coming down but my low flexibility keeping them from going very far.  This causes a bit of impingement and it's tough to maintain muscle engagement.  With little flexibility, the pressure is alleviated and it's a lot more comfortable.  I didn't want to turn my feet outward anymore than they are.  I still track straight over the feet.
  • Also tested bar position - I was about mid way (bar behind my delts and top of my traps, but not fully resting on the right part of my shoulder blades), but with hands pretty wide and bending the pole to straighten the wrists.  This is actually much better than a couple days ago, so I think this is going well.  I probably have to drop the bar about an inch and get the wrists straight.  I can work the grip further in over time.
  • Like 5

Additionally, I've logged everything I've eaten in the last (7) days - including the weekend, which wasn't pretty.  

7 day average

Cal:  2797

P: 251

C: 213

F: 84

I blame the cod.  Also, I went out for beer and settlers of Catan both Saturday and Sunday, which is unusual.  Weekends during the challenge should be much more tame.

• Like 3

Additionally, I've logged everything I've eaten in the last (7) days - including the weekend, which wasn't pretty.  

7 day average

Cal:  2797

P: 251

C: 213

F: 84

I blame the cod.  Also, I went out for beer and settlers of Catan both Saturday and Sunday, which is unusual.  Weekends during the challenge should be much more tame.

Logging food is a terrible thing. I recommend only reconciling daily calories while less than sober. #protip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Laghail said:

Logging food is a terrible thing. I recommend only reconciling daily calories while less than sober. #protip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not on a calorie count and have no weight goals for this challenge.  2800 calories is fine.  However, it was really inconsistent and included beer, pizza, some ice cream cake, and other crap.  If I find at the end of the challenge this is what my diet really comprises of, I know what I need to work on going into the next challenge.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grymm said:

I'm not on a calorie count and have no weight goals for this challenge.  2800 calories is fine.  However, it was really inconsistent and included beer, pizza, some ice cream cake, and other crap.  If I find at the end of the challenge this is what my diet really comprises of, I know what I need to work on going into the next challenge.

You just figured out the point of tracking WAY faster than I did lol. Nice.

You don't know what to improve unless you know what you're currently doing!

22 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

You just figured out the point of tracking WAY faster than I did lol. Nice.

You don't know what to improve unless you know what you're currently doing!

I'm a quick study.  Actually, I already know exactly where my issues are dietary-wise.  I just haven't set any goals to improve them.  I eat fine 5-6 days a week and I've been making progress.  Once my equipment gets here and I settle into a routine, I should make additional progress.  As long as I sleep well, I can lose weight at 2800 cal/day if I want to.  

• Like 1

It came today.  Carried it in piece by piece in the pouring rain.  Also did some adulting today which means the basement almost has enough room to begin construction.

rack.jpg

• Like 10

Just now, BarbarianBassBro said:

Did you at least Deadlift with them?^^

Everything is still in boxes.  Also, I don't think I'll be lifting in these socks.  I don't want to destroy them, but maybe I'll given them a quick 5 set for testing purposes.

• Like 2

Those tattoos are AMAZING.

Also re: belt - I haven't tried the rogue belt, but I HIGHLY recommend best belts. family company, make all to order, so they take about 6 weeks, but I love both of mine. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spezzy said:

Those tattoos are AMAZING.

Also re: belt - I haven't tried the rogue belt, but I HIGHLY recommend best belts. family company, make all to order, so they take about 6 weeks, but I love both of mine. 

Thanks!

Belt advice taken under advisement.  Do you have the 10mm or 13mm belts?  Both?  I would just be getting a single prong 10mm.  I do like color options!

1 hour ago, Grymm said:

Thanks!

Belt advice taken under advisement.  Do you have the 10mm or 13mm belts?  Both?  I would just be getting a single prong 10mm.  I do like color options!

I started off with a 3" 10mm, then moved to a 4" 10mm, and now switching to 13mm 4". The 10mm is easier to use because it's thinner and therefore more pliable. 

13mm's take a bit longer to wear in which is a huge pain in the butt (seriously - check out this) but best belts come worn in a bit more than other brands. The one I'm struggling with there is an Inzer and not used to being worn to my size (was borrowed for me to try it out) but they do offer a bit more support. I'm trying to decide right now between a Best or an Inzer, mainly because the Inzer would ship quicker and I'd like to give the one I'm borrowing back :)

I'd recommend trying each if you could - the majority of powerlifters use a 13mm though if that helps. 

• Like 1

This thread is full of so much WIN. My GIR habit needs filling.. I am actually on the lookout for a GIR dog baby Halloween costume for when the kid arrives, he will be 4 months old by then. Anyways enough about that. Keep at those goals!

• Like 1