• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BarbarianBassBro

\m/ Being more awesome and successfull - Tekken Edition\m/

Welcome swolemaidens and brobarians!

As you might have read in my last challenge I´ve been struggling due to some back issues, bad advices from the doctor and inner demons bringing bad habits back to being a habt. Also the semiprofessional band thing didn´t went as expected, I got also pretty disappointed by my guitar-mate. But if I wouldn´t be fighting I wouldn´t be a warrior, don´t I? :) That´s why I´m doing this challenge like a real King of the Iron Fist Tournament! Every round, every stage of the game fight of the struggles, improve your defense, attack your enemies and adapt to every situation.

A big part of my early Nerdcareer has been Tekken 3 and the following series.

tumblr_mlzvr0FlWN1r26jxbo1_500.gif

I´ve been doing whole days, sometimes whole school vacations nothing else than meeting with my friend and battling him at Tekken on PS2. I don´t remember how many controllerpads I´ve destroyed in rage because my reversal came splitseconds too late and I lost the game due to that. THIS is the root of my longterm gaming tourette I guess :D

Well, let´s start with the challenges:

giphy.gif

Round 1) Fight your demon Jin!

tumblr_n7t8c8IcwM1qj5jqso1_500.gif

tumblr_lmgdmnsHBv1qac92lo1_500.gif

tumblr_nnw315cVc01r7sijxo1_400.gif

Jin Kazama wasn´t only one of the strongest characters in Tekken 3, he was one of my favourites regarding look, background story and style overall. He was one of the guys and girls that could reversal - which could only be prevented by...

maxresdefault.jpg

He had a real bad ass demon alter ego in the later parts, but this was because of his fathers legacy.

My inner demon can´t fly, shoot laser beams out of his eyes or do more badasskazamathings. So I´ll fight mine!

My inner demon wants me to do gaming instead of doing adult things, my inner demon wants candy and soda instead of water and healthy food! IIFYM is becoming way to much excuse than it helps me becoming awesome. Grinding Hearthstoneladder or building my bas at 7 days to die is more comfortable than cleaning my kitchen or taking care of my desktopstuff.

Clean your dishes instant or at least at the same day! Do your schedule daily (see later on)! Don´t play games until your schedule is done!

2) Don´t harm yourself Yoshimitsu!

giphy.gif

That guy had a real strange way to play and some moves of him were Harakiri-Style. Not my type of battle and especially nothing for reallife.

No soda! Eat selfcooked meals every day! Bonus:Train with system and properly so you don´t get injured! Improve technique!

3) Don´t be a freaking Eddy Gordo Noob! Be King at what you do!

Tekken-3-Eddy.gif

God how much I hated this guy. Unpredictable when played by computer, sometimes even less predictable when played by a noob. He was a character that did great capoeira breakdance shit when hitting buttons randomly so every noob did it. Easy to learn, hard to master.

King on the other hand was hard to play, but pure fun at crushing noobs because of his chainthrows

xpUgRQ.gif

kick reversals and because I love professional wrestling ;)

tumblr_nciixpxQPK1sdqajoo1_400.gif

You need to invest time and passion into this and learn all his moves and throws, which one can be reversed how and how to recounter it. Stick to your schedule, adapt it and you will kill it:

tumblr_nc6rvyDAcs1sibomdo1_500.gif

Don´t be a noob hitting buttons like a jerk to win your games, learn your stuff and stick to your schedule! Do your battle plan situational and start every weekend with preparing the next battle week!

4) Final Round - FIGHT!

tumblr_nstacdp83G1qf56wto1_500.gif

You need to train hard to reach the final round, avoid getting headbutted by a grizzly,

giphy.gif

and become the King of the Iron Fist Tournament!

My routine will be my strongliftish workout with core every session and at least 2 out of 3 times cardio

Go to the gym and don´t let excuses beat you!

Have a nice challenge everyone, here´s a Tekken Brofist for you!

tumblr_lxpgx6RrO31qb647mo1_400.gif

• Like 3

Love this challenge theme! Lord knows how many hours I ploughed into that game. Might dig it out again soon...

Following!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Laghail said:

First follower!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

It's you again, Laghail...

I'll settle for second then! :P 

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

Love this challenge theme! Lord knows how many hours I ploughed into that game. Might dig it out again soon...

Following!

So much follow!!! Thx a lot

I digged it out a while ago, sadly the mode where the difficulty raises by your level was still at my personal high noon - so about 10 years old when I was younger, faster and in training. Holy lord I got wrecked so hard :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pat G said:

oh... so many gifs, turning my phone into hot sludgy glue. 

You´re welcome :D

6 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

This is so cool!

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

nice theme! and smart goals :D

Thx a lot, sometimes I´m a creative badass B)

Schedule for the rest of week zero:

Todays adult stuff is already done, time to spent the day gaming and go lifting in the evening.

Tomorrow I´ll sign in my first referral at my onlinemarketing business, after that I got a date for fixing my back and band rehearsal in the evening. Hard time for gaming, but that´s okay.

Friday is absolute free time till now, so I´ll do my dirty clothes and kitchen.

Saturday I´ll meet some friends of mine for dinner, Sunday too. In addition there´ll be another signing in that weekend.

• Like 2

Well, good it´s week zero...

so far soda every day, dishes mostly dirty and I even skipped my lifting session because of twitch.tv

Or because I´m lacking the right motivation for lifting

giphy.gif

or cardio

giphy.gif

At least there´s a big news regarding health! I feel like the guy in white pants now, but I bet it´s a great improvement!

200.gif

My professional did something called "atlas reflex therapy" today (you know, atlas like the first vertebra) and now everything hurts, I´ve got misfeelings at my back and arms and I start to feel sore like after a biiig workout. Why that´s a good thing?

My atlas wasn´t in the right position plus several other vertebras due to my scoliosis. They got repositioned per hand and with a little machine, that acted like a jackhammer which was freaking painfull sometimes. Good news is that my muscles will hold the new (right) position of the atlas now, so that the rest will be stable too.

Nice bonus: They were impressed by my neck muscles and my success I had till now and they said my fitness plan is exactly the right one! Booyaaa! That´s always nice to hear from a professional. :)

• Like 5

I didn't expect to hit "like" after reading that someone is in pain but it sounds like it's a good thing so... yay for putting everything in place!

Awesome on the neck muscles and the professional confirming you've been doing the right thing! :D 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I didn't expect to hit "like" after reading that someone is in pain but it sounds like it's a good thing so... yay for putting everything in place!

Awesome on the neck muscles and the professional confirming you've been doing the right thing! :D 

The pain thing is pretty normal and just a sign that my body is working on adapting to the physical right position again. It would be ugly if it´s regular pain, but it´s like after lifting: Damn I feel sore, but I know those are the gainz flowing through me...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

The pain thing is pretty normal and just a sign that my body is working on adapting to the physical right position again. It would be ugly if it´s regular pain, but it´s like after lifting: Damn I feel sore, but I know those are the gainz flowing through me...

Nice! :D 

Son4's girlfriend has just been allowed to go without her full torso brace, she had to wear it for the last 3 years, 21 hours a day. She is going in for surgery later this year to have rods put into her back either side of her scoliosis. She is 15. I'm always really a little saddened when I hear about what some people have to do just to be able to stand upright, breathe normally or go pain free through the world. Sometimes we really do take some things for granted! 

23 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

Son4's girlfriend has just been allowed to go without her full torso brace, she had to wear it for the last 3 years, 21 hours a day. She is going in for surgery later this year to have rods put into her back either side of her scoliosis. She is 15. I'm always really a little saddened when I hear about what some people have to do just to be able to stand upright, breathe normally or go pain free through the world. Sometimes we really do take some things for granted! 

Glad my scoliosis isn´t that bad! Well it has been bad (shaped like an S, 10° in every direction once) and at that age your son´s GF is in now they wanted to put me into a brace too and tell me not to do sports anymore in school. I told them to F off, went with my mom to the gym in town and started working out. Same height as today, but the weight of a teenage girl. One year later 15kg heavier, mostly muscles.

When I hear such stories I´m glad I´ve got in a way better shape than in my youth and that I can breath alone etc.

• Like 3

I'm really happy for you that things are getting sorted! I've been through a lot of medical stuff and I know the sense of relief when something goes right, because it could go wrong. Different problem but my doctor also told me to keep lifting and it is always rewarding to hear that! 

Keep packing on those muscles. You are doing great. 

40ef045a6c1aa23e71db65148e1bf7a1.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm really happy for you that things are getting sorted! I've been through a lot of medical stuff and I know the sense of relief when something goes right, because it could go wrong. Different problem but my doctor also told me to keep lifting and it is always rewarding to hear that! 

Keep packing on those muscles. You are doing great. 

40ef045a6c1aa23e71db65148e1bf7a1.jpg

Thx Taddea Thaan, you got it on point there! It´s your choice if you stay at the ground when falling down or if you stand up and learn to do it better next time.

One thing I forgot to say yesterday: they told me to do no sports for a week now, to let my body have the time to reestablish a physical correct stance. Doing pressure on muscles and joints now could redislocate the vertebras now, especially the atlas. When my body starts to scream for moving again in about a week, I shall listen to him they said. I like the idea of it, but I miss lifting heavy shit now :)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Sometimes a little time off is a good thing. Let's those gains settle in before the huge reboot and new gains!

Same thought here. I already recognized some positive changes after the treatment:

Strange missfeelings behind my shoulderblades and the usual stiffness in my back after waking up are both getting less intense and I feel more upright in my stance. Can´t wait to get back to training again next week, till then I´ll feed my gainz with good stuff B)

Little resumé of my week zero:

Much gaming, some adult stuff, most plans of my schedule got thrown over (got 6 dates canceled in not even 24 hours, wtf?). Today is the last day I´ll allow my inner demon to poison me. Tomorrow starts challenge week 1 and it will be the start of being even more awesome than ever!!!

• Like 4