• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BarbarianBassBro

\m/ Being more awesome and successfull - Tekken Edition\m/

On 6/29/2016 at 4:49 PM, BarbarianBassBro said:

Let´s see if I can fight back to my standard energy level in no time and hit "continue?" for another serious attempt to win the Iron Fist Tournament! (Lacking gifs because I´m at work..)

Don't worry, I got ya gif Bro:

tekken-tag-tournament-2-jin.gif

Good luck with the audition today man!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

Don't worry, I got ya gif Bro:

tekken-tag-tournament-2-jin.gif

Good luck with the audition today man!

Hahaha, thx for the gif buddy. Though I would´ve pressed continue^^

Tracking is still going on, but I´m breaking my calorie intake nearly every day. It´s not that bad, because I´m at ~2500 kcal to maintain weight and I try to get 2000kcal. Scale says I´m maintaining, I´m not bloated, so everything is fine there. Room for improvement...meh, yeah...

Stress level is decreasing to an ok level and sleep is ok too. Didn´t go to the gym yet, because I wanted to prepare better for this audition than at my last one. At least I did some laundry and cooked something healthy every day :)

Audition went good, at some points they were pretty impressed I guess, got some good critics for my creative play :) They´ve got some more bass players to see/hear, so they´ll contact me in about 2 weeks. Maybe I´ll get into the next round B)

If you are interested in what I´m trying to get a spot at (SNT stands for Sick ´n´ tired; song has got the same name)

• Like 4

Slept 3 hours, so today was kind of brain-offline-mode at work. Took a long nap after work and now I´m preparing for watching germany vs italy at the quarter finals.

Regarding challenge:

I´m setting my kcal2track at 2500 now. I´m not in the mood to stay focused on loosing weight and got the feeling that I need the energy. 500kcal more than in average the last weeks should do a good job on that, maybe a better choice under the current circumstances. Decreasing stress level, watching for more sleep, do at least some adult stuff without forcing me to overcommit on it, start lifting again next week.

Good plan?!

tumblr_nqkg4no4QP1r7sijxo1_400.gif

• Like 3

Sunday and Monday have been okay, the 500 kcal more are doing great. Mental health and sleep are a bit meh, because work has been stressfull (though less stressfull than the last weeks) and a good friend of mine is in a nasty breakup with his girlfriend. Was too exhausted and tired to work out yesterday, so I'll give it a try today. I'll skip squats today, because I managed to twist my knee while eating my breakfast in 3rd world squat today (how the F?!). No excuse for not lifting ! Gainz...I miss you <3

• Like 2

You eat brekky in a squat? more power to you man!

Don't worry bout gainz leaving you any time soon, it's a number of weeks (6 i read this morning- Matt Reynolds referenced in the ArtofManliness blog) before you start seeing strength losses.  

I barely lifted for the past two weeks (one time) and went in and deadlifted the same as usual. The weights will be there waiting for you when you are ready. :) 

On 7.7.2016 at 6:50 AM, Pat G said:

You eat brekky in a squat? more power to you man!

Don't worry bout gainz leaving you any time soon, it's a number of weeks (6 i read this morning- Matt Reynolds referenced in the ArtofManliness blog) before you start seeing strength losses.  

When I´m not watching a movie or something similar, I squat down in front of my tv and eat. Tried to get used to some 3rd world squats for resting, eating etc when I think about it, to train my flexibility. Works pretty good.

21 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I barely lifted for the past two weeks (one time) and went in and deadlifted the same as usual. The weights will be there waiting for you when you are ready. :) 

My problem is that I´ve got the feelings that I didn´t really build up gainz before going into the last breaks again. So my "respawn"-point is my starting level (gutfeeling at least) and the iron never lies to me ;)

Tekken-challenge recap:

It´s not over yet, but my weekendplans and todays plans collide with sticking to this challenge. For this reason I decided to skip the rest and evaluate. So far I´ll have fun and go fullspeed ahead from monday on!

giphy.gif

I´m already thinking about the next challenge and it will be simplified, gamyfied and germanized! You´ll be surprised! :)

• Like 4

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:59 PM, BarbarianBassBro said:

I´m already thinking about the next challenge and it will be simplified, gamyfied and germanized! You´ll be surprised! :)

Oo, I'm intrigued...

5 hours ago, Jarric said:

Oo, I'm intrigued...

It is definitely intriguing :)

Spend some more time at my rules for it, I´m not sure how to add rewards to my challenges without making my pen ´n paper-self op after week zero :D 

• Like 1

yeah sitting down in the squat is gold. I had a warm discussion with my wife around how we were meant to be able to just hang out comfortably in a squat rather than lounge around on lounges destroying our backs and hips... so the challenge was issued "you can only play video games while squatting, kneeling or standing". 

Keep up the work, looking forward to seeing the new challenge RPG. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pat G said:

yeah sitting down in the squat is gold. I had a warm discussion with my wife around how we were meant to be able to just hang out comfortably in a squat rather than lounge around on lounges destroying our backs and hips... so the challenge was issued "you can only play video games while squatting, kneeling or standing". 

Keep up the work, looking forward to seeing the new challenge RPG. 

That sounds awesome! If I would play console I would totally do it squatting style for some time, but gaming at the PC would be weird this way. Or I need to build myself a standing desktop...hmm^^

Still not sure about my stats and how big the dices will become - more like in Vampire the masquerade (Attribute is 3 of max 5, so you throw 3 D10 dices) or more like Shadowrun (which I didn´t play often, but most of the time I got the feeling of taking two handful of D6 and start counting). There is also some ideas around like replacing your stats with dices (D4,6,8,12,20 dices, so you can either level up by upgrading the dices or getting more dices of the same dice).

One of the biggest points will be that soda will debuff me big time and fuel the enemies mana pool.

Every sunday will be a battle with either some hordes of evil or mini bosses, in between will be grinding stats by doing your challenge stuff like lifting, healthy nutrition etc. On the last day of the challenge will be the end boss.

Any suggestions how I can reward myself for doing my workouts, track properly etc without making myself overpowered like hell? I want the sunday funday battles to be challenging but not to hard. If I would f.e. reward myself with strength points for working out and constitution for eating good stuff and add attribute points for it, I would skyrocket pretty hard or need to spend my whole sundays battling with houndreds of enemies that melt in my power slowly.

• Like 2

I'm not great at complicated challenge planning, and not big into tabletop RPGs these days, so I may be off base here but:

If you were to reward yourself by "upgrading dice" as you say, then you shouldn't get too overpowered too quickly, because although your chances of dealing high damage increases there is still an element of chance. Basically you can roll a 1 on a D3 or a D20.

Alternatively you make stat increases consequent on multiple events. For example if your plan is for 3 lifting sessions per week then you make 3 lifting sessions worth +1STR. That way if you miss one you don't add any STR that week, and get the buff on the first lift of the following week instead. That potentially puts you a stat point down for the whole challenge though, unless you add a catch-up session to get back on track.

2 hours ago, Jarric said:

I'm not great at complicated challenge planning, and not big into tabletop RPGs these days, so I may be off base here but:

If you were to reward yourself by "upgrading dice" as you say, then you shouldn't get too overpowered too quickly, because although your chances of dealing high damage increases there is still an element of chance. Basically you can roll a 1 on a D3 or a D20.

Alternatively you make stat increases consequent on multiple events. For example if your plan is for 3 lifting sessions per week then you make 3 lifting sessions worth +1STR. That way if you miss one you don't add any STR that week, and get the buff on the first lift of the following week instead. That potentially puts you a stat point down for the whole challenge though, unless you add a catch-up session to get back on track.

Now you're saying it doesn't sound too overpowered the way I'm planning to do it. Also there is adaption happening every week, because I will not create my enemies in advance. I can decide on a weekly base, if I need harder enemies or if they can stay the way they are. Like your workout programm ;) 

I guess I'll use an experience system combined with challenges, some attributes can be upgraded with xp from battles, some things like dice only per challenge.

• Like 2