Sylvaa Sets a Standard

Ah, another challenge is upon us!

l1370032676.jpg

Goal 1: Workout

Motivation-Honey-Boo-Boo-Meme-e141939623

Lies, I know I don't have abs

So I found a six week body weight plan that I am going to follow for this challenge (see link here). This will be Mon - Wed - Fri - Sat

Tuesday will be a running workout

This leaves Thurs - Sun as either a rest day or a hiking day.

I will also continue forward with Age of Pandora - I'm going to finish this!

Goal 2: Nutrition

031f57e0e7c4c7770f8f3e5435ee9d91.jpg

The Doodlies are doing a nutrition challenge this month, so I have three goals incorporated into the challenge. These are starting goals and are negotiable.

Keep carbs under 150 g 3 / 7 days per week

No "fast food".

Due to my travel schedule, I will make an exception for take out that includes at least one serving of protein and one serving of veggies. Chipotle can get by (as long as I add veggies!), Onions on a McDonald's cheeseburger does not count.

No "S" diet 4 / 7 days per week. 

No (unplanned) snacks, no (processed) sweets, no seconds. 

Goal 3: YNAB Spending Ban

k46o6.jpg

So my husband and I have decided to start using YNAB to get our act together. We are really bad about spending extra money on stupid things instead of paying off debt or putting aside for vacation or the new kitchen i want. Through the month of June, a spending ban will be in place for everything that isn't food or normal household supplies (cleaning / bathing / washing / etc...)

Life goal: Find some self-confidence - and encourage others to do the same!

016.jpg

Wiggle wiggle wiggle 

So the doodlies had the question posed: on a scale of 1 - 10, how attractive are you? And we all said like 5. That's completely unacceptable. Some of us are at least a 7! So for me, I am going to retake measurements (it's been a while) and make sure I am at least where I was the last time I measured. I've also found these two challenges (one and two) that I hope people will join me in - even if it's just in spirit.

• Like 14

The spending freeze can be helpful!  Good luck with the healthy eating on vacay, that can be hard!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

I like the No S Diet! And I'm always very impressed at how well you eat when traveling, so of course I have total confidence you'll crush this challenge in the other aspects as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mekong, level 11 Cherek Adventurer STR 37|DEX 27|STA 35|CON 32|WIS 35|CHA 27

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Current Challenge

9 minutes ago, MichiruSedai said:

The spending freeze can be helpful!  Good luck with the healthy eating on vacay, that can be hard!

I'm looking forward to it - especially since I've already paid for the rest of my races for the year!

The travel is just work related - no vacay yet (looking at August), so eating on the road is almost second nature to me. It's much easier than vacation though - I don't have to worry about making sure other people eat!

5 minutes ago, Mekong said:

I like the No S Diet! And I'm always very impressed at how well you eat when traveling, so of course I have total confidence you'll crush this challenge in the other aspects as well.

The actual No S Diet is no snacks, sugar, or seconds on days that don't begin with "S". So it's set up that your weekends are "freebies". However, my worst snacking time is the weekends, so I didn't want to give myself a free pass on the time frame I do the worst. Hope everything is calming down for you!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

031f57e0e7c4c7770f8f3e5435ee9d91.jpg

This right here is why I only buy individually wrapped chocolates. :D

Of course I ate the entire bag last night in one sitting, but my heart was in the right place even if my head was up in the wrong one.  Oh well, that's what Week Zero is for. ;)

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

I could really do with putting a limit on my spending... May have to wait till the next challenge though, as I have a holiday and my birthday in this one! Good goals once again Sylvaa, you'll rock them!

• Like 1

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Looks like another good challenge you have set up.

:eagerness: I don't really have too much variation; you know how that works - if it isn't broke, don't fix it!

9 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

This right here is why I only buy individually wrapped chocolates. :D

Of course I ate the entire bag last night in one sitting, but my heart was in the right place even if my head was up in the wrong one.  Oh well, that's what Week Zero is for. ;)

I buy a single chocolate bar for the week and eat only a certain number of pieces a night. Apparently, that is my superpower!

20 minutes ago, LadyWitch said:

I could really do with putting a limit on my spending... May have to wait till the next challenge though, as I have a holiday and my birthday in this one! Good goals once again Sylvaa, you'll rock them!

I realized my birthday is the last week of the challenge. :mushroom:  I will be spending some money for a road trip (maybe) to see my grandparents for July 4th weekend. We might be renting a van, which will fall outside the spending ban. When your grandparents get into their 80's, you make exceptions.

8 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Following because reasons

O.o You know you've made it when DR shows up in your thread! 

• Like 5

Random thought for today:

84f6408ea1cf614423104e253c8ec83e.jpg

Yesterday consisted of W1D1 of the new workout plan and Chapter 7 of Age of Pandora. I also didn't spend any money (other than groceries which are allowed) and stuck to the no fast food goal. 

Today will be a treadmill day because it's raining. Most likely going to be incline work as I'm still working on that P:BAEC. I've gotten my food for the week, so I'll need to see where I stand with carbs after lunch. 

• Like 7

Following! Your workouts always sound so interesting! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do this time. 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

5 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Following! Your workouts always sound so interesting! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do this time. 

I like to keep things interesting. Unfortunately today was only the next chapter of Age of Pandora and a treadmill hill workout. 

Carbs are going to end at 132 (could have had them lower, but I wanted a Fiber One bar. If you haven't tried them (and you don't eat Paleo!), they are amazing. Cinnamon Coffee Cake is my favorite. And bubble tea - it's Thai Tuesday after all. My lunch technically doesn't pass my no fast food rules as I was going to eat some carrots, but I ended up being super full after the pork buns. I think there was cabbage in them though!

So in my searching of the internet, I came across two Internet challenges about loving yourself (links to be edited into the original post). So I'm starting tomorrow. Feel free to play along, secretly judge me, or just do the ones that feel right to you (hint: day one is have an hour of "me" time on the one - so they aren't all crazy).

• Like 5

The actual No S Diet is no snacks, sugar, or seconds on days that don't begin with "S". So it's set up that your weekends are "freebies". However, my worst snacking time is the weekends, so I didn't want to give myself a free pass on the time frame I do the worst. Hope everything is calming down for you!

Good to know, but I'm with you on the weekends. Weekdays I'm so busy I pretty much have to be on autopilot, weekends are when everything goes to hell.

• Like 1

Mekong, level 11 Cherek Adventurer STR 37|DEX 27|STA 35|CON 32|WIS 35|CHA 27

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Current Challenge

Great challenge again; following along.

Will have to keep the No S diet in mind for future use

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Found you! I knew something was missing from my life. 

I looked at those challenges and they scare me, so I'll just cheer you on instead. :)

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

11 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Carbs are going to end at 132 (could have had them lower, but I wanted a Fiber One bar. If you haven't tried them (and you don't eat Paleo!), they are amazing. Cinnamon Coffee Cake is my favorite. And bubble tea - it's Thai Tuesday after all. My lunch technically doesn't pass my no fast food rules as I was going to eat some carrots, but I ended up being super full after the pork buns. I think there was cabbage in them though!

Fiber One bars are like crack. Once I ate a whole box of 5 in one day, which was very stupid. 

You're making me jealous with your bubble tea and pork buns. That sounds amazing. 

• Like 1

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

8 hours ago, Sloth the Slow and Steady said:

I love the No S diet, I just haven't been able to get rid of sweets yet. Or snacks. The forgotten S is Sometimes (on S days), weekends aren't supposed to be a free-for-all.

Sweets and snacks are my downfall too! I'm pretty good about staying away from most sweets, but (for example) this weekend I made these ridiculously amazing rice krispie treats that were like eating fluffernutter. Pretty sure my husband and I ate pretty much the whole batch. And don't get me started on chips. I will eat chips and salsa for a meal. 

Snacking is worse for me at home, so that's where I'm focusing this goal. 

5 hours ago, fleaball said:

Found you! I knew something was missing from my life. 

I looked at those challenges and they scare me, so I'll just cheer you on instead. :)

I totally found you too! Flea threads are best threads.

3 hours ago, deftona said:

Terah has had a lot of success with the No S diet so I am interested to see how it works for you. 

Following as usual :D 

I'm hoping it'll just keep me from eating all the junk while I am home. Weight really isn't a focus for me, although I'd like to lose another 5 - 10 lbs. I'm just hoping that reducing things I shouldn't be eating helps the weight naturally. I should just combine this with the shopping ban and stop buying the junk. My family will be so happy!

21 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Fiber One bars are like crack. Once I ate a whole box of 5 in one day, which was very stupid. 

You're making me jealous with your bubble tea and pork buns. That sounds amazing. 

This weekend, my daughter and I are making homemade bubble tea (if she's home - she might be visiting her dad's family or at the lake). I will report progress! We couldn't find the boba in our area, so we are even making them from scratch. Luckily for you, today is just turkey, cottage cheese, and raspberries for lunch!

Fiber One bars are amazing. I'd never tried them, then got a recommendation from this guy I follow on Instagram and boom! Life-changing. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

This weekend, my daughter and I are making homemade bubble tea (if she's home - she might be visiting her dad's family or at the lake). I will report progress! We couldn't find the boba in our area, so we are even making them from scratch. Luckily for you, today is just turkey, cottage cheese, and raspberries for lunch!

Boba from scratch? Tell me everything. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Boba from scratch? Tell me everything. 

You can find anything on the internet! I can't find the recipe we are using at the moment, but it's basically just a sugar syrup mixed with tapioca flour until you get a dough, then rolling into balls, then boiling in the leftover sugar syrup.

• Like 1
Just now, Sylvaa said:

You can find anything on the internet! I can't find the recipe we are using at the moment, but it's basically just a sugar syrup mixed with tapioca flour until you get a dough, then rolling into balls, then boiling in the leftover sugar syrup.

That's amazing. I never knew. 

• Like 1