• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TaylorFit

A Taylor made journey - Population 1

I was eager to do the last challenge but I came in a bit late so I'm excited it reset and I can participate in this one.

Goal #1 - Consistency

My biggest problem in the past is not being able to stick to a program. I get easily distracted or something hurts and I end up wandering off the garden path. My primary aim for this challenge is to hit my program 90% or better consistency. This is to allow for unforeseeable circumstances should I not be able to get to the gym one day. 90% is still 85% better than what I have been getting in the past.

I track this by having my program printed and in my training back and I cross out and comment things I get done or things I miss.

Goal #2 - Diet

Reserve any sweet treats I want to:

1. Days I train

2. 1 meal a day generally after dinner

I follow this pretty much already but I'm always cracking on my off days, which is only twice a week, and I sometimes sneak cream biscuits at work.

I'll make a note if I break away from this.

Goal #3 - Programming

Get the program done for when I finish my current program so that it is ready to go as soon as this one is done. I have bad habit in the past of leaving things to late and then I end up not getting anything done because I have nothing to follow. Needs to be done before the end of this challenge.

Goal #4 - Life++

I've only recently completed my certification as a personal trainer and I'm now looking at what the next step is. I have a few different options including getting my home gym set up and possibly taking on some clients, enrolling for a sports science degree, change focus all together and working on my art for a little while and put my studies on the back burner. Needless to say I'm at the crossroads and my brain doesn't function well when it doesn't have something to focus on, I tend to get mood swings and all sorts of things.

By the end of this challenge I want to have at least decided what to do with myself for the next 6 months in terms of my personal life and what I want to achieve and when. This will be done in the form of an action plan with clear steps and guidelines that I should be taking as well as milestones I need to hit.

Let the Challenge Begin!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, wildross said:

Was wondering if you'd show up over here.  Welcome aboard!

Didn't really see the point in coming in so late on the last challenge and wanted time to read some of the others and get acquainted with the forum.

2 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Checking in and saying hi!

Do you track?

I'm so bad at tracking, and my diet sort of flip flops around so I'm keeping it simple at this point. Just limit my dessert meals to training days and one time per that day. That means no snacking on sweets or anything. I haven't drunk softdrink or anything since high school so there isn't a problem with the liquid carbs either. This goal is mainly to just start restricting me a little and if I do crack I'll write about it.

Maybe next challenge I'll make it a goal to track macros or something for the month to see just where I'm at.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

Do you track?

Sorry Sam.... but I literally LOLed at this :D :panda:

WELCOME TO CHALLENGES!!!! PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR FACE MELTED OFF DUE TO AWESOMENESS.

• Like 3

What sort of certification did you get?  I'll follow along with this Challenge.  Need to get over to these forums more often.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Hello there!

'

Ola!

8 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Sorry Sam.... but I literally LOLed at this :D :panda:

WELCOME TO CHALLENGES!!!! PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR FACE MELTED OFF DUE TO AWESOMENESS.

Face prepared to be melted. If I had to have my face melted by anything awesomeness would be on the top of the list.

6 hours ago, Rooks said:

What sort of certification did you get?  I'll follow along with this Challenge.  Need to get over to these forums more often.

I'm certified personal trainer which is just a Certificate 4 in fitness here in Australia. To be honest it doesn't mean a whole lot, it's just the base standard for becoming a personal trainer really. I also have my Level 1 coaching certification for Olympic weightlifting which is also just introductory really, I want to do my Level 2 at the end of the year which is a lot more in depth. I'm also considering pursing a degree next year in sports science which I think I'd use more to just open doors into areas other people without degrees have a harder time getting into. That and a diploma would look nice on the mantle.

1 hour ago, Heather D. said:

WEIGHTLIFTERS UNITE! 

HERE HERE! 

I'll drink to that (A protein shake at least)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wildross said:

that would be rugby?

That is rugby. Sorry, forgot about very different points of reference. 

I think the sports sci degree is a solid idea Taylor, the more knowledge you have, the better, spesh on anatomy and movement. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wildross said:

And you've picked up that Seven is an Aussie?

Yeah saw that somewhere I think. Found a couple Aussies so far.

19 hours ago, Pat G said:

That is rugby. Sorry, forgot about very different points of reference. 

I think the sports sci degree is a solid idea Taylor, the more knowledge you have, the better, spesh on anatomy and movement. 

Good ol' rugby. The women rugby is starting to get a lot more popular I see. seems to be televised a lot more. I tend to watch League more but that is just because that's what all my friends preference.

Just touching base. Challenge doesn't start till Sunday officially so I probably won't start posting program stuff here until then.

At the moment though I am hitting 100% of my program. Challenge is going to be not eating anything naughty tomorrow night as it is a rest day. I'm working on my post State titles training and diet plan, and I think I'm coming up with a decent plan to tackle the rest of the year.

Yaaaaayyy you have a challenge thread I can follow now!  Looking forward to hearing from you over the month!

<3 one of the Aussies you've tracked down already!  ;) 

• Like 1

Still alive.

Got caught up reading My Hero Academia. I get very little done when I find something like that to read.

Anyway an update of what's been going on:

Sunday 12th

This was a rest day. I managed to avoid eating any sweets. Go team. Also stretched and did my 10 mins of headspace.

Today

This week is a big week. A lot of volume and intensity. Luckily my knees have come a bit better. Not 100% but nowhere near as bad as they where last week. Hopefully they continue to get better.

Warm up

Same 1000m row

stretching

snatch warm ups

Workout

3 position snatch - 65kgx3, 70kgx3, 75kgx3, 80kgx3. This was a 3 rep max test. 80 was the best I could do.

Snatch Pulls - 105kgx3x4

Back Squat - 125kgx5, 130kgx5, 140kgx5 - This was a 5 rep max test where 140 was the best I could do. I had zero motivation, hard to get amped up when your knees ache and you can't make any noise.

Push Press - 55kgx5, 57kgx5, 60kgx5, 62kgx5, 65kgx4 another 5 rep max test

Accessory work

Back planks - 10kgx 20 second holds x 3

GHD situps - 15x5

Hopefully me knees continue to improve. So far on track with my goals.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TaylorFit said:

Still alive.

Got caught up reading My Hero Academia. I get very little done when I find something like that to read.

Was wondering where you'd got to!  :)  Hope the knees keep getting better.  :)  Don't know how you manage not making noise, I'd never finish some of my harder sets without, um, "getting a bit vocal"!  ;) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kiki Dee said:

Was wondering where you'd got to!  :)  Hope the knees keep getting better.  :)  Don't know how you manage not making noise, I'd never finish some of my harder sets without, um, "getting a bit vocal"!  ;) 

It sucks. That and I have to almost tear my arms out of their sockets putting the weight down sometime. Gotta do what you gotta do.

Ok Today:

Did not want to get out of bed. Spent the night with my two year old daughter kicking my in the throat and face. I got out of bed but then made the mistake of sitting in a chair. Didn't want to get out of the chair either. Eventually I got my arse to the gym though.

Warm up

Only 500m this morning. I feel dead for all intents and purposes.

I down some heavily caffeinated pre-workout which I think is what G'd me up in the end.

Workout

Apart from the slow start once I got into it things where feeling alright.

Power Cleans: 90x3, 95x3, 100x3, 105x3 (This was a 3RM test, I stopped t 105 because technique was going out the window)

Power Jerk: 80x3, 85x3, 90x3, 95x3 (I have to be careful with these as the lower down hurts my knees pretty bad)

Overhead Squat: 65x3, 67x3, 72x3, 77x3 (I need to work on these, my positioning was unstable)

Accessory

Planks - 20second holdsx5

Side plank - 20sec holds each side x3

Back extensions - 20kgx10x5

Engine started a bit slow but once I got moving I was good. Knees felt a little better again. 

Why in silence chieftan? Doesn't look like you train in a gym with lunk alarms. I can commiserate with you on the sleepless night, i had a set of knees and a doll to content with this morning.

Good to see you cranking out the training session even when you feel like death warmed up. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2016 at 2:12 PM, Pat G said:

Why in silence chieftan? Doesn't look like you train in a gym with lunk alarms. I can commiserate with you on the sleepless night, i had a set of knees and a doll to content with this morning.

Good to see you cranking out the training session even when you feel like death warmed up. 

Got a noise complaint from one of the neighbors that lives behind the gym. Wouldn't bother me if I didn't know him lol but he's a friend and he's also the guy who sells me my food.

The newest development is I've managed to put 4 very size-able holes in the floor. I train in a gym that has a sprung floor with the air gap and what not beneath it. Well we moved the lifting platforms yesterday to make way for the new lifting platform we got and well... the area right where the barbell lands was just decimated on two platforms. It's not really a question as to who it was because I'm the only one who lifts heavy enough to do that sort of damage.

Thinking back those were actually the two platforms I've only ever used to do max clean and jerks on.

Not that they can do anything as they were designated lifting platforms and I wasn't doing anything wrong but now they have to fork out the money to get them repaired. It was a little ironic because it was only that morning that she was telling me to be careful about scratching the floor because she'd have to pay for any damage.

Anyway guess I'm going to have to get my home gym cleaned up and start using it again.

Warm up

Normal stuff

Workout

3 Position clean + 1 Jerk - 80x4, 85x4, 90x4, 100x4, 105x4, 110x4 (rep max)

Clean Pulls - 135x3x4

Front Squats - 90x3, 95x3, 195x3, 110x3, 115x3 (rep max)

Good mornings: 50x5x3

Accessory

Back extensions and GHD situps with some pistol squats thrown in. Trying to get better at pistols.

This is a heavy week with 3 and 5 rep max sets so it's killing me a little inside and I feel like a slug.

• Like 1

Normal stuff.

You weren't on the forums when I had to have a medical procedure that did not involve any stitches.  I had been told repeatedly that I could "resume my normal activities within a few days".  Then I was told not to lift over 25# for 6 weeks.  I said "My normal activities include lifting over 400#".   (which the Dr knew ahead of time)  His reply "That's not normal for anybody".  Shrug.  I ignored him.

• Like 5