• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hazard

The Assassins' Den

2 minutes ago, Elennare said:

It's not all walking. I get to convert any exercise I do into steps, too.  But yes, clearly my fork is too fast. :D  Slowing it down has been a challenge for me for quite a while.

For me that is the big benefit of the lower carb or paleo type diets. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with grains, but flour and concentrated sweeteners are some seriously speedy fork-fuel, and super easy to overeat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darth Yoga said:

For me that is the big benefit of the lower carb or paleo type diets. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with grains, but flour and concentrated sweeteners are some seriously speedy fork-fuel, and super easy to overeat.

Fat is much worse.  Super calorie dense.  Even I might have a hard time outwalking all-I-can-eat Krispie Kreme donuts.  Those things are high fat little calorie bombs that slide down my throat in like two bites.

31 minutes ago, Hazard said:

Fat is much worse.  Super calorie dense.  Even I might have a hard time outwalking all-I-can-eat Krispie Kreme donuts.  Those things are high fat little calorie bombs and slide down my throat in like two bites.

Oh, that magic combo of fat and sugar... :love_heart: Fat+sugar+alcohol was how I brought five pounds of fat home from my holiday visit with my mom. 

For me, if I eat loads of fat without a bunch of carbs as a buffer, it goes right through me... at high velocity.   Serious intestinal regret, but not much effect on the waistline. And not real tempting to overeat... Blegh.