Jump to content

[Mekong] Try is the First Step to Failure


Mekong

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, deftona said:

Yay for the grunge station!

 

Sorry to hear you're feeling isolated but thirty isn't as bad as you think it will be. Trust me on this, I am 31 now and turning 30 was actually kind of freeing, as if not having that hanging over my head meant I could look forward more if that makes sense? I definitely give less fucks now too. Sorry to hear you can't celebrate it how you want and with who you want but try to make the best of it, it will only happen once. 

Thanks, good advice.  I do think I'm feeling bad about 30 because I'm not necessarily where I want to be in life (though obviously in transition, quite literally, and getting closer) and where I should be at 30, but I sort of get the impression that that's just part of turning 30 also.

  • Like 1

Mekong, level 11 Cherek Adventurer STR 37|DEX 27|STA 35|CON 32|WIS 35|CHA 27

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Current Challenge

Link to comment
23 minutes ago, Mekong said:

Thanks, good advice.  I do think I'm feeling bad about 30 because I'm not necessarily where I want to be in life (though obviously in transition, quite literally, and getting closer) and where I should be at 30, but I sort of get the impression that that's just part of turning 30 also.

 

Absolutely. I am nowhere near where I thought I would be at this age either but I think things are different nowadays for our generation. It doesn't matter what we think we should be doing, we just need to make sure we're as happy as we can be in whatever moment we're in and if we don't end up where we thought we'd be, maybe we'll end up somewhere even better.

  • Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Mekong said:

Thanks, good advice.  I do think I'm feeling bad about 30 because I'm not necessarily where I want to be in life (though obviously in transition, quite literally, and getting closer) and where I should be at 30, but I sort of get the impression that that's just part of turning 30 also.

2 hours ago, deftona said:

 

Absolutely. I am nowhere near where I thought I would be at this age either but I think things are different nowadays for our generation. It doesn't matter what we think we should be doing, we just need to make sure we're as happy as we can be in whatever moment we're in and if we don't end up where we thought we'd be, maybe we'll end up somewhere even better.

 

And isn't that true...

I'm still trying to figure out where I am headed. I think it's just that we learn by doing things and keep homing in on it if slower then other generations but then, I still got another year ;)

  • Like 2

Challenge: 0.1, 12, 3, 4, 5th, current (lost track)

Character

Link to comment

<---- Still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

 

I love my 30's. I'm looking forward to my 40's being even more awesome. I'm pretty sure I'm just wine.

 

My advice is this - stop worrying about where you want to be or think you should be and focus on enjoying all the things you've already accomplished. Being an adult can be hard, but you are still doing it. The thing is, I think we have more freedom than generations before us. We don't really have the same expectations or restrictions or anything like that, but we keep comparing ourselves to people who were probably more stressed about trying to hit these self-imposed milestones. 

 

Take advantage of having your birthday to yourself! Find something you want to do and do it! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On Saturday, July 02, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Casbin said:

 

And isn't that true...

I'm still trying to figure out where I am headed. I think it's just that we learn by doing things and keep homing in on it if slower then other generations but then, I still got another year ;)

 

Youngster! ;-)

Mekong, level 11 Cherek Adventurer STR 37|DEX 27|STA 35|CON 32|WIS 35|CHA 27

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Current Challenge

Link to comment
On Tuesday, July 05, 2016 at 1:07 PM, Sylvaa said:

 I'm pretty sure I'm just wine.

 

That's amazing, I love this.

 

On Tuesday, July 05, 2016 at 1:07 PM, Sylvaa said:

My advice is this - stop worrying about where you want to be or think you should be and focus on enjoying all the things you've already accomplished.

 

That's what my mom says, and she can be a little blunt and over objective when it comes to her kids sometimes, so I try to believe her and take the compliment.  Also because she's still in my hometown and probably knows more about the goings on of my former classmates than I do, so if she says I'm doing okay, I guess that's good.

  • Like 1

Mekong, level 11 Cherek Adventurer STR 37|DEX 27|STA 35|CON 32|WIS 35|CHA 27

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Current Challenge

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines