• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

princess-bride-meme-generator-anybody-wa

I do I do!

Working on getting some basic stuff back on track this challenge, so this'll be pretty simple this time around.

Things I'm good at: sticking to lifting schedule

Things I'm okay at: finding protein when I try

Things I'm bad at: cookies, any kind of adulty habit, life stuff

20120220-190022.jpg

all the time!

Things I care about this challenge:

• Tracking lifts and doing the usual, learning as I go (but I'm on a short cut this challenge, so not expecting unicorns and rainbows) Why bother grading something you can't stop me from doing? lol
  • Getting enough protein while on said short cut. The goal is bodyweight in grams, to ensure I'm more than hitting the appropriate target. Weekly average is fine.
  • Basic mobility stuff. Rolling and stretching. Stretching will be 15 min of whatever. Rolling will be targeted at whatever I've hit that day. 3 of each per week.
  • Glute work. 3 sets of stuff to get my booty activating. A squatter's best sidekick.
  • Continuing to study for MS 70-461. Since I'm almost done with the read-through of my training kit, the challenge will focus on practice tests, internet research on the test, scheduling, and possibly taking the test depending on that last bit. This is just a P/F at the end, because I'm not really sure how to track it yet. Maybe once I gather underpants and see what's out there for practice on the web, something will come to me. But the truth is I'll just schedule that test when I'm just about ready to take it.
  • Bare minimum adulting. A 2-3 item to-do list 5 days a week with some house chores so something happens at least.
  • Apply to one job per week. Don't get complacent!
  • Writing practice and brainstorming sessions. Anything goes. Just do something every day, even if it's a short brainstorm and wiki update.
  • Get exactly one massage. Putting this in here so I do it, because believe it or not, this is difficult because it involves money.

Comments-Section-Princess-Bride.jpg

Things I don't care about this challenge:

• I said I'm on a cut. I'm not tracking this here, and it's not basic enough to go into the challenge, so if it needs to go to preserve the rest, it goes. This is just for context. When I'm not hitting PRs this challenge, this be why, probably.
  • Diet soda habits, sugar habits, whole/good food habits. I care, but these are pretty secondary to everything above.
  • Cardio. I'm doing it, because it makes cuts easier for me, but I'm not tracking it or caring if I miss a planned session.
  • Anything else, really

Phew, this was longer than you might expect for a simple challenge, isn't it??

226be287637d9e003ebad67978572b8a0fd76b52

I haven't decided if I want to use ending stats from last challenge as starting stats (they are IMPRESSIVELY bloated, so my cut would look really successful lol), or if I want to wait for the end of zero week and remeasure for the "real" start, because I'm not tracking anything for zero week, besides the lifts that I'll do anyway. Those will go here, though.

tumblr_nkces5HMsF1rsyx39o1_500.gif

• Like 8

I like that you stated what you're not caring about this challenge. I have a tendency to include every single thing that I'm generally going for in the challenge while still having it fit the format of 3 diet/fitness goals and 1-2 life goals. Maybe it's okay to be working on something but not having it be center stage of a challenge.

• Like 3

This break will be super welcome. Life just continues to be a jerk this week, so I'm glad there's less pressure in this part of my life. 

My appetite has been terrible for the last two days, too. STRESS, man! It'll get you. 

Turns out I was on call this week (forgot to check the calendar recently, as it's changed). Naturally the 2 hours between getting home and playing with my new FFXIV house, something broke, and boy is it broken good, too. I've done all I can, which is pitifully little. Ugh.

No time to study between that and, well, that.

Also I burned my soup

that is all

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ixaera said:

Also I burned my soup

that is all

Burning soup takes some extra special talent. Unless it was really thick soup like a chowder, then maybe I will let you get a pass. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Burning soup takes some extra special talent. Unless it was really thick soup like a chowder, then maybe I will let you get a pass. 

It was Campbell's Cream of Chicken, so fairly thick ><;

I'd say a solid half of the creamy part was burned on to the bottom of the pan. lol

Many years ago, I managed to burn ramen noodles so bad they were crispy and black (yes there had been water in the pan, at one time...) 

• Like 2

zero week lifts! (I didn't put Monday's in here oops, oh well)

Had to do squats at the end again, but that's okay, it's "light day" anyway. ("Light day" takes me back to FFXI for realz.... my next challenge should be that, and full of my old screenshots.)

Barbell Row

5x5 57 lbs

easy peasy

Bench

1x3 45 lbs <-- felt like I needed a warm up, they've been getting tough

5x5 62 lbs 

tough, but not near failure yet, yay

Squats

1x5 65 lbs

2x5 95 lbs

workin on that glute activation. Hip flexor still out-of-proportion tender.

Did two accessories. Lightweight back extensions on a machine (literally the only back thing they have there, no hyperextension anywhere). Some curls of a higher than 32.5 lb weight on a different curl bar that I didn't weigh, but it was whatever.

Later will probably do some bodyweight glute bridges and other glutey things.

But now, food.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ixaera said:

playing with my new FFXIV house,

WAUW did you get a house in the recent patch??  I haven't logged in since the weekend... S/O and I were going to try to get a plot in the Lavender Beds but we gave up because our server is super populated and apparently sold out super fast??  Oh well, I have the FC house, at least. ^^;

Also:

tumblr_o0l3ryvNnY1tpri36o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Just now, shaarawy said:

WAUW did you get a house in the recent patch??  I haven't logged in since the weekend... S/O and I were going to try to get a plot in the Lavender Beds but we gave up because our server is super populated and apparently sold out super fast??  Oh well, I have the FC house, at least. ^^;

Yas! I wanted one in the Lavender Beds, but was unwilling to get up at 2 am, which I would have had to b/c on Leviathan. Not the MOST populated server, but it's up there. At 6 am there were still quite a few Goblet lots (and nothing else in the other two zones), so I went for that. It's my least favorite, but I am decorating the house as Gridania/Sylphic as possible (as gil allows...). There was nothing left when I got home from work Tuesday, so definitely happy I rolled out of bed 15 minutes early to do it.

I'd been saving up forever but ALWAYS missed the chance til now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ixaera said:

Yas! I wanted one in the Lavender Beds, but was unwilling to get up at 2 am, which I would have had to b/c on Leviathan. Not the MOST populated server, but it's up there. At 6 am there were still quite a few Goblet lots (and nothing else in the other two zones), so I went for that. It's my least favorite, but I am decorating the house as Gridania/Sylphic as possible (as gil allows...). There was nothing left when I got home from work Tuesday, so definitely happy I rolled out of bed 15 minutes early to do it.

I'd been saving up forever but ALWAYS missed the chance til now.

Ugh yeah we would have had to have been up at like 5am... noooo thankyou!  S/O had been saving up tons of gil from gathering and selling materials but we both don't play as much anymore to really make it worthwhile... I don't even have a room in our FC house, maybe I'll do that instead. ^^;; (Although I just spent a ton of gil on Replica High Allagan glamours for WHM..............)

CONGRATS TO YOU though!! :D:D You'll have to post some interior screenshots! ;)  Our FC house is in the Goblet! I think I like it a little better than Mists but they're kinda on par with me.  Lavender Beds is so pretty and peaceful~

• Like 1

Moar vids of squats, one from behind and one from the usual angle plz? I am curious about your stance + what your legs are doing throughout the squat. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, shaarawy said:

Ugh yeah we would have had to have been up at like 5am... noooo thankyou!  S/O had been saving up tons of gil from gathering and selling materials but we both don't play as much anymore to really make it worthwhile... I don't even have a room in our FC house, maybe I'll do that instead. ^^;; (Although I just spent a ton of gil on Replica High Allagan glamours for WHM..............)

CONGRATS TO YOU though!! :D:D You'll have to post some interior screenshots! ;)  Our FC house is in the Goblet! I think I like it a little better than Mists but they're kinda on par with me.  Lavender Beds is so pretty and peaceful~

Yeah I was not about to get up much earlier than I did for it! If they were already gone, I would have been a little disappointed, but no big! The FC room is nice enough, too. Screenshots once it's worthwhile! I have a ~vision~

Thinking glade interior for the ground floor, lots of grid-style wood panelling, a painting of the Elder Seedseer, tons of flowerpots and any other decorative plants I can find. I want the fancy glade ceiling light, gil-willing, and a very compact kitchenette in the corner.

Bottom floor will be Manor decorated with tons of BOOKS and COUCHES

Exterior... not sure. Thinking lots of plants. Right now it has the two sylphic sculptures, the crimson picnic blanket, the lattice planter, and a little garden patch. Might add benches and a pond? Probably at least one more lattice planter. Those are pretty, and you can dye the wood. It'll be the most Gridania of all the Uldah homes >.>

21 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Moar vids of squats, one from behind and one from the usual angle plz? I am curious about your stance + what your legs are doing throughout the squat. 

The rear angle is tricky, a fair amount of traffic passes just behind there, but I'll get it done~!

Annnnnd for once I'm at a loss for a butt joke?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ixaera said:

The rear angle is tricky, a fair amount of traffic passes just behind there, but I'll get it done~!

Annnnnd for once I'm at a loss for a butt joke?

I think I could come up with one, but let's save it for when we've figured out what's up with that hip, eh? You might need to get someone to help you out for this one, but it would be worth it if your hip flexor issue is just inefficient movement. 

• Like 1

bootybootybootybootybooty

https://youtu.be/FqkKc8b-VD8 (first set of 109 lbs)

not booty

https://youtu.be/QDW6OYkBaG8 (second to last set of 109 lbs)

hip flexor notes: it's tender again today, though not strained by any means. I noticed funky feet placement on one set and am gonna pay special attention to getting those consistent on top of the butt stuff.

• Like 1

Workout tracking things:

Gym was BLISSFULLY empty today.

PBcliffs.jpeg

Squats! These didn't hurt so much today. Light day was a good idea.

1x5 45 lbs

1x5 65 lbs

1x3 95 lbs

5x3 109 lbs

Hefty warmup since it's my first lift and ain't got a lot of time for anything more elaborate.

OHP

1x5 51 lbs

4x4 51 lbs

First set felt easy so I was a bit surprised when arms just wouldn't go up on subsequent sets, but there it is. 

Still working on my shitty form https://youtu.be/DH293jICnhs

Hip drive is helping a ton, but that arcing still has to go. I'll make plans to video each time and work on new and exciting ways to think about pushing the bar straight up. (Also, yes, my knuckles do point straight up. That's as good as my wrists are gonna get, I'm afraid. Probably.

Deadlift

1x5 130 lbs

So, I put 132 on the bar and it wouldn't go up. The cut (and possibly the margaritas from last night...) rears its ugly head. In retrospect, I should have just removed one pound instead of resetting to 130. Oh well. Next time, Gadget.

No accessory. Then found out I forgot my work shirt, so I took it as a sign I needed to work from home today.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ixaera said:

Yeah I was not about to get up much earlier than I did for it! If they were already gone, I would have been a little disappointed, but no big! The FC room is nice enough, too. Screenshots once it's worthwhile! I have a ~vision~

Thinking glade interior for the ground floor, lots of grid-style wood panelling, a painting of the Elder Seedseer, tons of flowerpots and any other decorative plants I can find. I want the fancy glade ceiling light, gil-willing, and a very compact kitchenette in the corner.

Bottom floor will be Manor decorated with tons of BOOKS and COUCHES

Exterior... not sure. Thinking lots of plants. Right now it has the two sylphic sculptures, the crimson picnic blanket, the lattice planter, and a little garden patch. Might add benches and a pond? Probably at least one more lattice planter. Those are pretty, and you can dye the wood. It'll be the most Gridania of all the Uldah homes >.>

AAHH I love all the leafiness *_* And FLOWERPOTS!!! (thank you new patch for flowerpots, haha)

Our FC house is pretty leafy outside (we have cherry blossom trees) and gently opulent inside.  I should take some screenshots!!!  I don't have a room in it because I'm never really there (except to snag some stat food, heheh) (Or mess with the Orchestrion)  Our lower floor has lots of bookshelves too! BOOOOOKS~~

• Like 1

Note on the press - I think the approach is to drive your hips forward and then rebound.  On the rebound, you'll get a little vertical lift in your shoulders and help start the bar.  The harder the bounce from having a strong flex through the abs and quads, the better the rebound assist.  Watching it again, I think you are keeping your hips forward in order to keep your head back and clear the bar.  You've got a good 2" from noise to bar.  You're also moving the bar forward and around your face.  Maybe a good cue would be to make sure the bar runs up really close to the tip of your nose.  That will let you rebound into the press and keep the bar path more vertical.  And I probably need to do the same.

• Like 1

That's the cue that I use, basically to try to take my nose right off my face. ;) 

I suck at the OHP hip pop, and so far lack it almost all together, so I am no help there. 

• Like 1

I agree there's a lot of clearance between bar and midline, try to just pop that bar up--when you thrust at the beginning of the rep, your head should tilt back just enough to avoid contact with the bar. 

Re: squats, I found stacking heels under hips is the right width for me to avoid knee trouble. We probably have a bit of a difference in femur length and whatnot, but maybe give playing with stance width a try? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grymm said:

You've got a good 2" from noise to bar.  You're also moving the bar forward and around your face.  Maybe a good cue would be to make sure the bar runs up really close to the tip of your nose. 

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

That's the cue that I use, basically to try to take my nose right off my face.

7 minutes ago, Urgan said:

try to just pop that bar up--when you thrust at the beginning of the rep, your head should tilt back just enough to avoid contact with the bar. 

Haha, so, I'm pretty sure what's happening is I'm afraid to hit myself in the face. Time to break out the broom handle to practice.

8 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Re: squats, I found stacking heels under hips is the right width for me to avoid knee trouble. We probably have a bit of a difference in femur length and whatnot, but maybe give playing with stance width a try? 

Will do. I know lately I've been going a little wider (was playing with it for the low back issue, which is GONE btw...), so maybe that's the culprit. Foot angle may play a role too? Experiments~

• Like 1