• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Maybe put a piece of tape on your nose sticking out an inch and use it to gauge when the broomstick is right in front of your nose. 

• Like 2

Finishing out my zero week of pretending I'm not a real adult, and woke up with a crick in my neck, yay :P

Anyway, here's the bare beginnings of my house!

Spoiler

cateoKc.jpg?1

uQ2mTKy.jpg?1

No basement pics b/c it's still stock Ul'Dah down there.

Good thing I'm not tracking my cut because so far I'm averaging around maintenance. Go me :P

That's fine. I've honestly kept up with the extra cardio workouts so far so even so, there's probably a little deficit sneaking in there still. Good enough for me, since this isn't for anything but not having to buy new clothes.

Happy end of zero week, y'all! 

• Like 1

Yaaaay baby house!!  

I can't remember what plot # ours is.  Yours looks like it's more towards the center?

Happy newwwww challenge!!!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2016 at 10:14 PM, ixaera said:

• Bare minimum adulting. A 2-3 item to-do list 5 days a week with some house chores so something happens at least.
  •  
  • Get exactly one massage. Putting this in here so I do it, because believe it or not, this is difficult because it involves money.

adulting is the worst.

i also have the massage / $$ problem. I need them, but don't like spending the money. but they are soooooo worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaarawy said:

Yaaaay baby house!!  

I can't remember what plot # ours is.  Yours looks like it's more towards the center?

It is! Honestly I just kind of pushed buttons, so I feel like I lucked out on location. It's not right off the big center circle, but my neighbor is, and I think the farther walk is worth it because my house looks cute on that little tier the way it is. Needs more trees and benches and ponds though!

1 hour ago, spezzy said:

adulting is the worst.

i also have the massage / $$ problem. I need them, but don't like spending the money. but they are soooooo worth it.

So much this. If I don't adult, I get sad. If I do adult, for a while I feel pretty good. I TRY to remember that, because life really is better when I have my shit together.

And massages. :/ I used to get them monthly because I had a lot more anxiety (it seemed) in the past. It got better for a long time but things are getting wound back up again. Might be time to pick that habit back up, it just costs SO MUCH.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ixaera said:

Might be time to pick that habit back up, it just costs SO MUCH.

TRUTH.  I'd love to do them monthly but I'm also somewhat po' currently SO.  Ugghhh.  Sads.

20 hours ago, Urgan said:

Pain is a horribly effective motivator for adulting. 

Truer words, etc............... ; ;

• Like 2

I get paid on Wednesday, so I'm going to schedule one for Friday afternoon. I need it, like, last week!

I think I'm going to add glute-ing to my challenge. Did my squats today and while I did fine, my low back is like "hay what's up, I see you forgot I exist, so I'm here to remind you!"

All this not-gluting and not-stretching-enough for days and yesterday's sit-a-thon while I worked through FFXIV new patch content probably didn't help at all. The good news is, my hip flexor doesn't seem to have been bothered much at all (lately after squats, I feel it a lot lifting my left leg up, but today, I just feel it a little bit, and that COULD be leftovers from Friday still). I did work pretty hard on getting my feet in a consistent position each set, so maybe we're onto something with that.

• Like 4

Week 1, Day 1!

Strong start! Felt very doable! Hardly wanted to cave at all!

Protein: HIT

Mobility stuff: HIT (25 minutes of rolling + various yoga stretch poses that hit sore points, upper back was nice and crunchy today)

Glute: N/A

Studying: HIT (still not done with the book, last 3 chapters are a mess of text and new to me stuff, so a slower end than I thought)

Adulting: HIT (just to-do-listed stuff that has piled up on me, more of the same tomorrow)

Jerb stuff: N/A (no time today)

Writing: HIT (not much, just decided a few things about the opening setting)

Massage: Scheduling for Wednesday instead, because Friday got snapped up into happy hour land

giphy.gif

way to keep busy, Humps

Squats!

1x5 45 lbs

1x5 65 lbs

1x3 95 lbs

5x3 111 lbs

Barely any hip flexor tenderness, could be chalked up to Friday's hip flexor soreness. Felt this in my low back though, on the opposite side as before. Can't win lately. Keep on swimmin', and so on. Suffice to say, I think whatever is the root of one is the root of the other--I'm compensating for something and it's leading to one or the other pain. 

Effort = face gets nice 'n red and I know the shape of my neck veins now lulz

Bench Presses!

1x3 45 lbs

5x5 63 lbs

Last rep on both last sets felt like an invisible troll was pushing down on the bar back at me. Well, it didn't work. Got the weight up anyway. Definitely nearing max, though.

Barbell Rows!

5x5 58 lbs

Heavy today. NBD, though.

• Like 4

You're getting there. Keep on listening to your body, you probably are extending a bit much, sit back and keep that back strong. Video if you like~

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ixaera said:

Bench Presses!

1x3 45 lbs

5x5 63 lbs

Last rep on both last sets felt like an invisible troll was pushing down on the bar back at me. Well, it didn't work. Got the weight up anyway. Definitely nearing max, though.

It's definitely trolls. 

• Like 3

Speaking of trolls, my lower back is DEFINITELY a troll, especially when squats get heavy.  I injured it a year or so ago and it's never been super compliant since.  Sigh.  We do what we can <3

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

You're getting there. Keep on listening to your body, you probably are extending a bit much, sit back and keep that back strong. Video if you like~

I woke up pretty normalish today, so maybe I'm finally starting to get something right???

2 minutes ago, shaarawy said:

Speaking of trolls, my lower back is DEFINITELY a troll, especially when squats get heavy.  I injured it a year or so ago and it's never been super compliant since.  Sigh.  We do what we can <3

stoopid backs :( 

2 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Who rang?

:panda:

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if you just searched the whole forum for new instances of the word "troll"

lol

Also, stop sitting on my bench press!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, ixaera said:

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if you just searched the whole forum for new instances of the word "troll"

lol

And now you know why he's in never ending bulk phase!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ixaera said:

lol

I really wish I could keep up with threads better, so it is kind of a way of saying hi.  Most often I find out what is going on based on other people quoting small pieces.

• Like 2

Week 1, Day 2 (totally yesterday)

Protein: HIT

Mobility stuff: N/A

Glute: Did stuff!

Studying: HIT 

Adulting: HIT (didn't do a ton, but that's ok)

Jerb stuff: N/A 

Writing: MISS (decided not to be cheaty and count the idle musings for 30 seconds)

Massage: This is totally happening today

morons.gif

SPOILERS but totes grabbed a new deadlift PR this morning :D

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, shaarawy said:

DL PR?!?!!  YAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!

Also enjoy your massage, yay!!

Just now, Urgan said:

DL PR?

Happy National Massage Day. 3:15 can't come fast enough over here....

SO HAPPY. This cut is definitely making workouts more unpredictable, but I'm glad I'm still making some progress. I can't hold myself back so lift tracking nao

Squats

1x5 45 lbs

1x5 65 lbs

2x5 95 lbs

light day. Didn't remember to try my new mental cue until the last rep... derp. 

OHP

1x3 51 lbs

1x4 51 lbs

3x3 51 lbs

Lost a little ground, and my form is still real bad. I wish for more coordination and bravery when it comes to pushing things that are heavy through my face. Blaming rep loss on lower calories, unfortunate discoveries about coconut water, and general stress that's gathering up in my upper back and shoulders.

Deadlift

1x5 132 lbsssss (PR PR PR PR)

This is my favorite lift ever.

SOON. PLATES.

Barbell curls

3x8 33 lbs

(if you don't count the 3ish necessary bare bar curls setting up lifts and such)

Close-grip Bench

3x8 55 lbs

This is probably my favorite tricep exercise, right after pullovers

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Deadlift

1x5 132 lbsssss (PR PR PR PR)

This is my favorite lift ever.

SOON. PLATES.

Nice!  Now you'll be privy to the joy of carrying 45s around the gym. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grymm said:

Nice!  Now you'll be privy to the joy of carrying 45s around the gym. 

INDEED

Well, I do this already because I currently use them as a platform so that my deadlift bar is high enough off the ground

I'll actually be carting around fewer of them :D

And then I'll be excited about the day where I cart around 45s without looking like I'm obviously struggling.

24 minutes ago, ixaera said:

And then I'll be excited about the day where I cart around 45s without looking like I'm obviously struggling.

"...Do you need help with that?"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ixaera said:

INDEED

Well, I do this already because I currently use them as a platform so that my deadlift bar is high enough off the ground

I'll actually be carting around fewer of them :D

My favorite is when people ask me if I am using a bar that is set up for what is obviously (to me) more than I can lift. Like "ma'am are you using this squat rack that is set up to squat 225#". I try really hard not to laugh at them. I did laugh at a guy one time who asked me that but I've since learned how to control myself. 

I have just recently gotten to PLATES on DL and is an awesome feeling to be setting up a bar with big plates! It kind of makes me want to make a big noisy production about it, but I keep the celebration to myself. SO CONGRATS ON GETTING TO PLATES. YOU DID IT! :D That is so awesome feeling!!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

My favorite is when people ask me if I am using a bar that is set up for what is obviously (to me) more than I can lift. Like "ma'am are you using this squat rack that is set up to squat 225#". I try really hard not to laugh at them. I did laugh at a guy one time who asked me that but I've since learned how to control myself.

I usually say, "You never know!  I know a girl who opened with a 275 pound Squat."

(EDIT:  Then at my PL meet, I saw a girl open with a 430 pound Squat.)

• Like 1