• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sam Ashen

Sam Ashen Wandering Aimlessly

1 hour ago, Grymm said:

I love his beard!  But I stop every video before he says "train untamed" because it seems weird.  I like most weird, but not that specific thing.

I expect that part!

1 hour ago, Sam Ashen said:

When I introduce people to Alan Thrall videos, I do give advance warning.  It can come across as creepy until you realize he is joking.

How much do you do when you introduce them to BroScience then?

6 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

I forgot to put that somewhere on the list:  Get in vacation mode.

Trip prep things.  Decide on activities.

btw we're going to have a week off the same week. I'll away but I'll still get two lifting sessions in.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

I forgot to put that somewhere on the list:  Get in vacation mode.

Trip prep things.  Decide on activities.

How did I miss your name?

I still haven't decided if I want to do caving our a luau.  My wallet says I can only choose one BUT I WANT TO DO BOTH UGH. 

Not sure? Since the flurry of activity when the activities were announced I tried to organize everyone for the snorkeling but then haven't really been too active since.

6 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I'm intrigued though...

Assuming you mean you are intrigued by the idea of consistency being key to improving body composition as opposed to seeing me make "improving body composition" one of my goals. :P

Going with metric units and 7700 Calories = 1 kilogram, then it will take about 77 days at a 500 Calorie per day deficit to lose 5 kg.  This is preferable to 55 days at 700 Calories per day and 22 days at 0 Calories per day and this is preferable to 55 days at 900 Calories per day deficit and 22 days at 500 Calories per day surplus.

11 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

How much do you do when you introduce them to BroScience then?

....not as much as I should.

9 minutes ago, Raxie said:

I still haven't decided if I want to do caving our a luau.  My wallet says I can only choose one BUT I WANT TO DO BOTH UGH. 

Not sure? Since the flurry of activity when the activities were announced I tried to organize everyone for the snorkeling but then haven't really been too active since.

I will have to find out when I have to commit to activities.

13 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

btw we're going to have a week off the same week. I'll away but I'll still get two lifting sessions in.

No planned lifting sessions.

So far my goals for the week are:

Don't burn.

Don't drown.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Assuming you mean you are intrigued by the idea of consistency being key to improving body composition as opposed to seeing me make "improving body composition" one of my goals. :P

Going with metric units and 7700 Calories = 1 kilogram, then it will take about 77 days at a 500 Calorie per day deficit to lose 5 kg.  This is preferable to 55 days at 700 Calories per day and 22 days at 0 Calories per day and this is preferable to 55 days at 900 Calories per day deficit and 22 days at 500 Calories per day surplus.

Preferable? Since when is a deficit preferable? :P 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

So far my goals for the week are:

Don't burn.

Don't drown.

I have weeks like this. Sometimes I just need to focus on neither dying nor going crazy.

28 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Preferable? Since when is a deficit preferable? :P 

Hahahaha!

Okay.  Consistency also applies to bulking.  Set a minimum and stick to it!  Keep ice cream in the freezer to make sure.

NOTE:  Thread title changed to "Wandering Aimlessly."  It will all become clear soon enough! :P

• Like 2

....not as much as I should.

Plus your metabolism prefers a smaller deficient. A healthier metabolism = more room for craft beers. (And tacos.)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wildross said:

You know about @jdanger and @heather_d?

Yep, followed them as well. :)

11 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

I should have tagged my thread.  Sorry about that.

Competing?  Just started.  So Beginner levels.

Whatever the level, I like to see what others are doing. I did my first competition after like 2 months of training, that's coming from doing practically nothing. I wore a second hand body suit that was worn by some member of the Olympic handball team or something in the 2008 Olympics. Had no idea what I was doing but still had a lot of fun :) been hooked ever since. Competing is a great way to get experience and see where your at. I'm a huge platform lifter in that I'll always do 5-8kg more in competition then I can ever do in training.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TaylorFit said:

Had no idea what I was doing but still had a lot of fun :) been hooked ever since.

I would say this means you did not bomb, because bombing sucks and you have a terrible time if you do.  I saw it happen to somebody at the last meet.  It was a sad sight to watch. :(

Today!

Do I feel like a million dollars?  IDK.  500k?

Note for next time:  Ask if I look like a million dollars.

The answer is hell no.  I was wearing those shorts and a purple T-shirt.  (RIP Prince)  If those do not contrast, then the brilliant white legs do.

I am surprised I could take a video last night with the late afternoon sun reflecting on my legs.

Snatch Doubles at 64, 74, 84, 94, 4x104, 114 pounds

Worked on speeding up with final pull a little bit and getting under faster.  Too early and too far forward makes it harder.  At least this time I know better than to unload the "Get on my knees and beg for it" line.  It got a little bit better later.  Not sure at the moment if this will be ready in one week.

Clean and Jerk Doubles at 134, 2x154, 2x164, 174 pounds

Front-Squat Doubles at 174, 2x224, 234 pounds

Video reviews:

Snatch and Clean and Jerk - Well as said earlier lots going on, but there seems to be a one thing at a time approach to it.

Power Clean - Try actually getting under the bar.

Push Press - *eyeroll* If you can do that for five reps, this opener should be no problem.

Score for Today:

3009 Calories

342 Carbs

114 Fat

174 Protein

+2.7 Overall

Veggies - Still working on that.  By weekend.  The few kernels of corn in a little corner of a Hungry-Man box does not count.

Batch cooking most likely a better idea to deal with late evenings?  Batch cooking is :lol: all gone in two days fail.  I should try another stew!  Meat.  Veggies.  Batch cooking.  Two birds with one stone.  Don't know about a turkey stew, but if I tried that, then that would be three birds with one stone.

I would say this means you did not bomb, because bombing sucks and you have a terrible time if you do.  I saw it happen to somebody at the last meet.  It was a sad sight to watch. :(

You play it pretty safe your first competition lol. Luckily though I haven't bombed in any of my competitions. I always lift more on competition platform, just lucky that way. I'll always lift more in competition than I can in training, but I know guys who lift a fair bit less, nerves seem to do them in, and other guys who will start really light and then crank on a heap of weight for their second attempt because if they miss their first attempt it just ruins them.

6 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

It was a typo... It was not supposed to be the dark side, it was supposed to be the bulk side...

Was it, though?  Is the bulk side not the dark side?  Check it out:

1. “Only at the end do you realize the power of the Bulk Side.”
  2. “Give yourself to the Bulk Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes; your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for your… sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now, his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Bulk Side… then perhaps she will…”

Behold, Darth Arnold:

12540666_947899825287159_356973897568538

• Like 5