• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sam Ashen

Sam Ashen Wandering Aimlessly

7 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I don't care what anybody says about ordering burgers and fries and then ordering a diet coke. I will do this until my grave. I'll save myself 250+ calories if I damn well please. I'd rather eat them than drink them!!!

I mostly stopped drinking regular soda a few years ago.  On the odd occasion I do now, it's like rocket fuel.  I don't drink a lot of caffeine either so 200 cal of simple sugars and a shot of caffeine is as close as I'll even get to meth - except that one time I ate 3 Cadbury crème eggs at once.  That was a mistake.

• Like 5

Just now, Grymm said:

I mostly stopped drinking regular soda a few years ago.  On the odd occasion I do now, it's like rocket fuel.  I don't drink a lot of caffeine either so 200 cal of simple sugars and a shot of caffeine is as close as I'll even get to meth - except that one time I ate 3 Cadbury crème eggs at once.  That was a mistake.

Clearly you should have chosen the caramel eggs instead, LOL. 

• Like 1

Just now, AugustaAdaByron said:

So my lunch today was...

Schnitzel filled with cheese,

potatoes,

broccoli,

vanilla-chocolate pudding and

Diet coke!

A woman after my own heart!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I don't care what anybody says about ordering burgers and fries and then ordering a diet coke. I will do this until my grave. I'll save myself 250+ calories if I damn well please. I'd rather eat them than drink them!!!

Okay.  I did water this time.  Best choice is water.  Next best is diet soda, imo.

40 minutes ago, Grymm said:

Soda = Liquid Calories = CHEATING!

21 minutes ago, ixaera said:

This thread is making my sweet tooth hungry!

Success!  Two-plate clean!  Pulled-pork sandwich on the normal-sized hamburger bun, mashed potatoes with cheese, baked beans, coleslaw.

As well as I could track it on MFP, I called it 2142 Calories.

There were also chocolate chip cookies and brownies, but I skipped on those because they will still be good tomorrow, assuming the shop guys (kids with superior metabolisms) don't get them first.

--------------------------

EDIT:  The big guy in Sales ordered the food.  Accounting was not involved.

• Like 9

Just now, Sam Ashen said:

There were also chocolate chip cookies and brownies, but I skipped on those

Hi I'm with CPS (Cookie Protective Services) and I'll need GPS coordinates on these neglected baked goods just to ensure everything is in order you see

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Success!  Two-plate clean!  Pulled-pork sandwich on the normal-sized hamburger bun, mashed potatoes with cheese, baked beans, coleslaw.

As well as I could track it on MFP, I called it 2142 Calories.

Are you aware that if you average 3571cal/day for the duration of the challenge, you will eat 100,000 calories in one challenge?  Life goals.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grymm said:

Are you aware that if you average 3517cal/day for the duration of the challenge, you will eat 100,000 calories in one challenge?  Life goals.

3571?  (typo assumed) Assuming 28 days?

26 days from June 12 to July 7, inclusively.  That makes the target 3846.

From eating that stew I learned eating a number like that clean is a real feat.

• Like 1

Let the record show I fixed that as you posted.  I didn't notice the challenge is only 26 days.  It should be 28, no?  I'm planning everything for 28 days, so my challenge until July 9th.

15 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

3571?  (typo assumed) Assuming 28 days?

26 days from June 12 to July 7, inclusively.  That makes the target 3846.

From eating that stew I learned eating a number like that clean is a real feat.

you just need moar avocados

• Like 2

I also do the coke zero/diet coke thing. 

1 hour ago, Grymm said:

I drank soda with real sugar to replenish myself after my weigh in at my last comp. I actually got nauseous from too much sugar. 3 sodas.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I also do the coke zero/diet coke thing. 

I drank soda with real sugar to replenish myself after my weigh in at my last comp. I actually got nauseous from too much sugar. 3 sodas.

A very good use of the carbonated sugar. Also good in the case of disaster relief or refugees on the brink of starvation. Everything has its use in the right situation.

• Like 2

Back to work in MinniBulgaria......

Got my shoulder taped back together in preparation for Battle on Saturday.  Got my list.  I have a 3pm weigh-in.  What I do during the day most likely does not matter that much, as long as it is not extreme.  I will probably weigh in at about 92 kg first thing in the morning.  My scale might be off by 0.5 kg, so 92.5 kg.  I still have 1.5 kg left over to make weight.

......because over the past three months I was supposed to EAT!

Well - At least EAT consistently HUGE.

Very light work today.

Snatch Doubles at 64, 74, 84, 3x94, 104 pounds

Clean and Jerk Doubles at 94, 2x114, 3x134 pounds

Totally ate like a jerk, with the company luncheon.

Score for Today:

4037 Calories

383 Carbs

136 Fat

202 Protein

+13.0 Overall

Veggies:  Hey!  I packed a couple carrots today!  I also might do better to note this by the week, since I go shopping once per week and it is easier to track what went in.

Tomorrow is an active rest day.  Saturday is Game Day!

• Like 8

Rest Day!

Score for Today:

2825 Calories

312 Carbs

110 Fat

164 Protein

+3.5 Overall

Veggies:  Pretty much finished the week's supply.  Two potatoes left over.  So either a stew next week or a pot roast.

Average Score for Week 24:

3598 Calories - OMG!

354 Carbs

155 Fat

191 Protein

2 Days over 4000.  2 Days under 3000.  3 Days in between.

0 Days with negative Overall Score.

Last week Saturday....  What the heck did I eat that day?  Right!  Prime Rib, Smashed Potato dinner and a crazy dessert!

And yesterday was the Office Party where I decided to eat dinner anyway.

Got it! :D

• Like 4

Game Day Today!

I arrived about two hours early, found my way around.  Weighed in at 92.2 kg.

1/3 Snatches at 60 / 65x / 65x kg

3/3 Clean and Jerk at 85 / 90 / 95 kg

Total: 155 kg

I got a gold medal for being the oldest man in the 94 kg weight class!

What I packed for feeding my face (brownies and fudge) turned out to be way too rich.  It was also late in the day and did not matter so much.  I only ate one brownie.  (and the beef jerky)  The rest I fed to some old man.  He was incredibly hungry!  He was also wearing "Masters 2000" shorts and he said it was Worlds and a good meet for him.  He wished me a good meet when I told him I was off to warm up.  Then he turned out to be one of the judges.  (not that it mattered)

Snatches.  On Monday 65 kg went up easy.  Today I was missing.  First, I think I need more reps under my belt.  It was a weight I have so far only hit twice, and only in the past two weeks.  Second, my warm-up was a little bit brief.  That time went by fast!  Usually by the time I get to this weight, I have had more bad reps thrown away by then.  Blame the heat and humidity if I want, but there is really nothing I can do about that.  Psychological?  The weight did get to me.  But I am going with the not enough reps to get the junk out of the system - and pulling way too early.

Or I just missed Broki because she was not there. :P

Grabbing positives:

In 4 weeks, I went from getting a 60 kg snatch in two attempts to a single attempt.

60 kg became my opener.

I nailed the opener! (Always a positive because it means I am on the board!)

I went from competing with Power Snatches to Snatches.

Clean and Jerk made up for it.  In 4 weeks, I went from 85 kg Clean and Jerk to 95 kg.

Nailed all three Clean and Jerk attempts decisively.

Also, anybody who knows me well at all will be very happy to find out I derped my bar loading in my clean and jerk warm-up.  I went from 75 kg to 80 kg and wondered why it felt do darned heavy.  I looked at the plates and found out it was 90 kg.

Did I already blame heat and humidity?

Overall:  155 kg total for +10.  I will take it!

Insert bad Olympic puns *here*

Went out for dinner and long walk.

Score for Today:

4460 Calories

395 Carbs

204 Fat

284 Protein

+12.5 Overall

Veggies?  Heh!  Well, I got seasonal vegetables with my steak dinner.  Not sure if that really counts.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Grymm said:

Nice improvement in 4 weeks.  Does the medal say "old man" on it?

Maybe they gave me an old medal instead of a gold medal!

38 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good job on the meet on ancient one.

Thanks.  One day I will be better at catching those snatches.  Until then, I better be happy with those jerks.

Here are my best lifts from yesterday's meet:

60 kg Snatch Opener:

95 kg Clean and Jerk YOLO:

• Like 6

If you went to another alternate dimension, would you be tempted to hoist yourself over your head?  Here I deliberated avoided the word "jerk".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grymm said:

If you went to another alternate dimension, would you be tempted to hoist yourself over your head?  Here I deliberated avoided the word "jerk".

Don't know.  I travel to alternate dimensions a lot, especially during boring meetings.  But I do not recall hoisting myself over my head.

47 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It is even more fun watching you celebrate than it is watching you get those lifts.

:lol: Thanks!

4 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I love the celebration when you hit your lifts.  YES!

Good job!  (Ummm...how old are you?)

Thanks.

43.  I like to think I look nowhere *close* to that.

[EDIT:  That would be old enough to lie!  Also I might do well to lie more often! :lol:]

• Like 3