• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Well, well, here I am yet again, I was seriously not going to do another Challenge, they were becoming frustrating, repetitive and just an excuse to suck and fail!

However, not this time Zurg! I am taking this in a different direction. I lift, I know that, I eat, I know that too, but one of these things is not getting me to where I want to, or need to be. Healthy weight for height and off BP meds. I will give you a hint............*whispers* it's not lifting.

I have figured that I am not an emotional eater, proved last week. I am not a bored eater, proved because you know life gets that way every now and then, my problem with food is I LIKE IT! My portion size control panel has a glitch! I do admit to grazing during the day, then boom, meals are gonna be worth the effort I put into cooking them. Unlike many, eating out in country Australia is not an option, so home cooked is the norm for me and the Lads. So if I put all the effort in I am going to enjoy it. 

So my excuse for eating this way..........my pregnancies. I shit you not. Before falling pregnant with Son1, I had a diet of cigarettes and alcohol and hard work rousing in the shearing sheds, think Third World Squats 8 hours a day with weight between 2-15kg, running (HIIT) the board between 5-12metres. It's what we did, how I lived for years, 175cm tall and weighing about 57-60kg, not a good look unless you were going for the heroin chic of the day.

My first pregnancy, young, stupid and still in an era of "Eat for 2"........alright! Son1 *9lbs12oz*, lost the weight, because he was a hungry little sucker and milk production was a must, eating did not slow down!

Second pregnancy, twins! Fuck yeah eat for 3! Son2 *7lbs4oz*, Son3 *6lbs11oz*, plus all the goop that goes with growing babies, over 16lbs of babies and stuffs! My body did not bounce back, there was a flap of skin/fat (apron) that has been with me ever since, I lost the weight and was a healthy 80kg again, and EATING everything! Feeding 2 babies for 14 months was a great way to lose weight! Plus running around after a energetic 2 year old and no help as Roly was still working away as he had done since Son1 was born.

Son4 hit *10lbs11oz* he was big! So was my appetite. The skin fold was now worse, lost baby weight with a bit more effort than last time, but his appetite was voracious so keeping up supply was more important than stupid skinny jeans that were all the rage! The Dr's tested for Gestational Diabetes but I dodged that bullet............this time.

Son5 *9lbs12oz*, gestational diabetes and strict diet plan, managed to settle down after his birth but now the weight was there and stuck and gross. I still liked my food and feeding my babies and he was not letting go until he was ready, 14 months worth of nursing! I began swimming again and trying to be good, but I was eating carb laden foods, easy and cheap for a growing family.

Son6 *9lbs12oz* but wanted to come out bum first. My first cesarean. It wrecked me! I had always been up and about within hours of my other births, but this shut me down, gestational diabetes again, overweight to start with, moderately healthy but pretty much only because I had kids to run after! Homeschooling was now in full swing so we didn't even need to leave the house at all. I could hide away and just be with the kids and cook and eat and cook! 

Son7 *9lbs6oz* my second cesarean and I didn't even care. Bloated, fat, ugly, gross, diabetic and I couldn't even birth my own kid........too "high risk" was now my status! Just fucking great! I hated myself and what I was and how I looked and all I could do was cry for 5 days while in hospital with my boy, who was under lights because of severe jaundice.........

Fast forward and a move to a new town, Lads growing up and being wonderful kids, and I found New Rules of Lifting for Women! I was instantly hooked! But food was still an issue, I tried pills, diets, pills and diets, shakes, pills/diets/shakes.........nothing. Then like a bright light Nerd Fitness and Paleo entered my life and fuck yeah my Holy Grail was found.

This Challenge is not strength based, got that covered. I have already mentioned in past posts about my stupid Dr and me wanting to show him..........well now it is time to get a fucking serious on and do this! My motivator into this challenge was reading @SpecialSundae tally for her competition on the weekend. I looked at the weight class I would be in, 2 competitors and I seriously think I could have a go, but then the 83kg (?) class! Smaller, stronger and just fucking awesome! I want to be an 83kg lifter. No more fatty videos I won't post or photos because you know ugh!!! This is it guys, I need to do this. No more dicking around like in the past Challenges, just hanging about and posting boring non committal shit. Time has come the walrus said.

• Like 10

So after all that vomit in the post above, the nuts and bolts of this Challenge:

1) Post food on here for all to see! No holiding back or hiding shit! It all goes here!

2) Track food, yes my internet sucks, but really is that an excuse? Not fucking likely.

3) Keep a food diary. To make this easier and totally open, my food is going to go in my everyday diary. So when I see where I have to be I will also be seeing my food. Not keeping two diaries will be easier.

4) Track hunger and see where problem times may be. Instead of cooking when famished, get ahead of it and get bloody organised. I have a crock-pot, bench top roaster, electric fry pan and access to good quality easily cookable food. No need to eat two minutes before starting breakfast/lunch/dinner!

5) Weight and measurements............EVERY WEEK! Maybe a photo..........

This is probably the scariest Challenge I have endeavoured to do.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

So after all that vomit in the post above, the nuts and bolts of this Challenge:

Oh but I love your word vomit <3 Here for the epic-ness of difficult challenges. (I dunno who Green is, but this is how we do!) You got this Seven!!!

XAAmf05.gif 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Oh but I love your word vomit <3 Here for the epic-ness of difficult challenges. (I dunno who Green is, but this is how we do!) You got this Seven!!!

XAAmf05.gif 

That's Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors.  Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grymm said:

That's Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors.  Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Star power forward for a basketball team in the NBA...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wildross said:

Star power forward for a basketball team in the NBA...

Watching basketball is exhausting :P 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Watching basketball is exhausting :P 

There's so much running (cardio!), and the ball hardly weighs anything!

• Like 3

Thank you for sharing your story. You have had a lot of challenges and that is no small feat to overcome. Persistence is key and I am glad you are here for another challenge. :topsy_turvy:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I love this!!! You're awesome!!!

Isn't it amazing that you MADE 7 PEOPLE!!! YOU FREAKING MADE THEM WITH YOUR AWESOME ASS BODY. You rock.

Also... those are some big babies! :eek-new:

^^^

Every pregnancy and birthing story is so freaking dramatic!

You know I always so YASS to pictures ;)  At least some beginning and ending ones.

Wow, you're goal is a lifting competition?  That's so friggin' awesome!!!!

It's a good sign that you're nervous for the challenge.  I just realized that I'm not for this one...probably because it involves food logging too.  Blech!

Good luck!  You're gonna be a beast!

tumblr_na7o4nVW8N1r4s15ko1_400.gif

• Like 1

Just had to share a great big LOL from this morning! One of those days when you hit the floor running and things then get on top of things and running out of time, so I had to multi task a couple of things...........

While in the frozen food section of our little local store I was doing glute activations, (squeeze, release, squat, pre work out warm up, because you know I am always running late), totally caught a woman checking out my butt! Hahahahaha! 

Now at 0800 in the am, I thought I would be safe, no one ventures out much before 0900 in winter here. Not today, apparently!!

Look on face when she realised I had caught her looking...........fucking priceless! Made my day! :P

• Like 9

you are awesome! i know it's scary but you are starting in a good place, just tracking and collecting data for now.

4 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Just had to share a great big LOL from this morning! One of those days when you hit the floor running and things then get on top of things and running out of time, so I had to multi task a couple of things...........

While in the frozen food section of our little local store I was doing glute activations, (squeeze, release, squat, pre work out warm up, because you know I am always running late), totally caught a woman checking out my butt! Hahahahaha! 

Now at 0800 in the am, I thought I would be safe, no one ventures out much before 0900 in winter here. Not today, apparently!!

Look on face when she realised I had caught her looking...........fucking priceless! Made my day! :P

haha! <3

• Like 2

Had our mandatory exam on medications last night, I think I did ok. You know when you read that very first question and everything just leaves your head.........yeah that was me.

Today is going to be a little more relaxed and I don't have to be in town until late this afternoon. :)

• Like 1

Hi Seven!  Got inspired by your description of your challenge so thought I'd pop on by the Warrior forum and follow you!  :) 

Let's both blast away this baby weight hey?  ;)  Reclaim our bodies for ourselves.  :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiki Dee said:

Hi Seven!  Got inspired by your description of your challenge so thought I'd pop on by the Warrior forum and follow you!  :) 

Let's both blast away this baby weight hey?  ;)  Reclaim our bodies for ourselves.  :) 

Welcome, welcome!

Seriously got some awesome people in here! Love it!!!

• Like 1

I'd like to follow along, too, as you kill this challenge.

Reading your inspiring intro post got me thinking about where I'm at and how I got here. It's time for me to get seriously serious, too.

• Like 1