Try a different tact Seven

It takes a long time to warm up a balky knee.  Is the knee sleeve one of the thicker (6mm) neoprene ones?  Or a thinner breathable one?  Are you wearing it over pants or against the skin?  When my knees used to bother me, I'd put my neoprene sleeves on like an hour before I did anything.  They don't breath well at all, but over time, the entire knee warms up to full body temp.  Then you get the benefit of sweaty knees and sleeves that smell unless washed constantly.  Dryer sheets help a lot here.

• Like 1

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5

Week 1 Day 1 Foooood:

Breakfast: 3 pcs shortcut bacon, 2 eggs, 1 pcs whole grain bread, white coffee 2 sugars.

Lunch: 3 cups iceberg lettuce, 1 medium tomato, 1/2 small cucumber, 1/3 small red onion, 25g marinated feta, 1sml tin tuna in oil, white coffee

Dinner: mince/tin spaghetti/bacon/onion casserole thing my Mum made, white coffee

Snacks: 4 white coffee, handful of almonds.

My calorie goal is 2280 per day, this day I ate only 1435, so I still have 845 calories, but I'm over it! I need to pick my game up! Especially on lifting days. Maybe MFP isn't the way to go, maybe IIFYM might be better. Oh, fuck knows......... :(

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

8 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

Week 1 Day 1 Foooood:

Breakfast: 3 pcs shortcut bacon, 2 eggs, 1 pcs whole grain bread, white coffee 2 sugars.

Lunch: 3 cups iceberg lettuce, 1 medium tomato, 1/2 small cucumber, 1/3 small red onion, 25g marinated feta, 1sml tin tuna in oil, white coffee

Dinner: mince/tin spaghetti/bacon/onion casserole thing my Mum made, white coffee

Snacks: 4 white coffee, handful of almonds.

My calorie goal is 2280 per day, this day I ate only 1435, so I still have 845 calories, but I'm over it! I need to pick my game up! Especially on lifting days. Maybe MFP isn't the way to go, maybe IIFYM might be better. Oh, fuck knows......... :(

I did IIFYM using MFP for a couple of years. I'll eventually get back to macro counting. The two are totally compatible. It helps if you plan your food the day before, then you can tweak your meals to meet your macros as you put them into MFP. I used to enter my food right before going to bed for the next day. Bonus is that you don't have to think about it on the spot. 

Do you typically struggle with meeting your calorie goals or is this a recent thing? I'm sure we could throw out some ideas of calorie dense foods to help. 

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

11 minutes ago, Grymm said:

It takes a long time to warm up a balky knee.  Is the knee sleeve one of the thicker (6mm) neoprene ones?  Or a thinner breathable one?  Are you wearing it over pants or against the skin?  When my knees used to bother me, I'd put my neoprene sleeves on like an hour before I did anything.  They don't breath well at all, but over time, the entire knee warms up to full body temp.  Then you get the benefit of sweaty knees and sleeves that smell unless washed constantly.  Dryer sheets help a lot here.

Neoprene, they were purchased through an online store, but they are more like crossfit ones, short and thin. They are getting less useful as they stretch out, because I wash them. I have been wearing them over my leggings and put them on before I start warm up.

I wore an adjustable sports knee sleeve today, not much difference me thinks. I am saving up for some SBD sleeves and some proper squat shoes! 

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

4 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I did IIFYM using MFP for a couple of years. I'll eventually get back to macro counting. The two are totally compatible. It helps if you plan your food the day before, then you can tweak your meals to meet your macros as you put them into MFP. I used to enter my food right before going to bed for the next day. Bonus is that you don't have to think about it on the spot. 

Do you typically struggle with meeting your calorie goals or is this a recent thing? I'm sure we could throw out some ideas of calorie dense foods to help. 

Normally I don't think I struggle, but when putting in the actual foods, seems I lack, especially in the denser foods. Admittedly though today was not typical, busy schooling the Lads and heaps of things to do, so coffee was a go to for a pick me up instead of food snacks.

Planning seems to be a smart thing, I will have to seriously look at it! :)

Wait! What............?

I'm impressed by your 100 kg squats.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Doing well Seven. When you eat nutritionally dense foods it can be hard to get your calories in.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 3

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

58 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

You know what............It could be done!

*I totally lifted in my flip flops once* :cower:

It is done, uggs and thongs are commonplace in my garage :) works fine for dead & squat.

• Like 1

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Call 'em Japanese riding boots and really confuse people.

• Like 2

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

4 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

True... but google is my friend and explained to me what you were talking about! :D 

I'm just going to have to let my imagination wander because I'm not willing to google thongs this early in the morning...

• Like 3

Week 1 Day 2 Fuds:

Breakfast: 1 white coffee 1 sugar, 2pcs bacon (shortcut), 2 eggs, 1 pc whole grain toast.

Snack: 1 white coffee 1 sugar.

Lunch: Chicken breast, 25g feta, 25g tasty cheese, 1/2 small capsicum, 1/2 small cucumber, 1/4 red onion, 1 medium tomato, 1/4 romain lettuce.

Snack: 1 white coffee 1 sugar

Snack: Chicken breast

Dinner: 1 lamb forequarter chop, 2 small jacket potatoes, 2 pcs broccoli, 1 pc cauliflower, 2 rounds zuchinni, 5 pcs carrot. All veggies steamed and a wee bit of butter for me taters. 

Came in under again today, 1756 eaten with 524 still to go, even with me delish lamb chop! Do I go the Protien shake? How does this work? May have to add veggies to breakfast. Sweet taters and egg and avacado! Nom, nom!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Damn nutritionally dense low calorie foods.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

Week 1 Day 2 Fuds:

Breakfast: 1 white coffee 1 sugar, 2pcs bacon (shortcut), 2 eggs, 1 pc whole grain toast.

Lunch: Chicken breast, 25g feta, 25g tasty cheese, 1/2 small capsicum, 1/2 small cucumber, 1/4 red onion, 1 medium tomato, 1/4 romain lettuce.

Snack: 1 white coffee 1 sugar

Snack: Chicken breast

Dinner: 1 lamb forequarter chop, 2 small jacket potatoes, 2 pcs broccoli, 1 pc cauliflower, 2 rounds zuchinni, 5 pcs carrot. All veggies steamed and a wee bit of butter for me taters. 

Came in under again today, 1756 eaten with 524 still to go, even with me delish lamb chop! Do I go the Protien shake? How does this work? May have to add veggies to breakfast. Sweet taters and egg and avacado! Nom, nom!

MOAR AVOCADO ALWAYS MOAR AVOCADO

I am sure I could happily help you spend 524 calories...

1/2 avocado - like at least 125 cals

1 more slice of bread - probably another 100

MOAR FETA ALWAYS MORE FETA - like another 75 cals EASY

olive oil and vinegar on yer salad - another 75 cals

cheese on your vegetables - 100 cals EASY

like two bites of extra potato - 50 cals

1432842506-delish-wallace-gromit-cheese.

• Like 4

yay! lamb!

if i have extra calories to eat it usually depends on where my macros are and what i have in the house. i usually have a jar of olives to munch on, some jerky, CHEESE, deli meat, fruit, etc. well done staying under with some great choices!

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

So have been poking around the https://powerliftingaustralia.com/2016-calendar/

Reading the results for the competitions already held in Western Australia this year, I would not be laughed off stage, and may have even got a secon or third placing! Only because the 84+ weight group is tiny! Obviously here in WA Powerlifting is not a sport taken up by many women. 

Soooooooo, gonna talk to Roly and maybe give them a ring and see how this all works..............

• Like 10

Wait! What............?

Seriously though, Perth holds some pretty big meets each year. Depending on which ones you're looking at will determine how much competition you face. But I think you'll rock it anyway.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

30 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

So have been poking around the https://powerliftingaustralia.com/2016-calendar/

Reading the results for the competitions already held in Western Australia this year, I would not be laughed off stage, and may have even got a secon or third placing! Only because the 84+ weight group is tiny! Obviously here in WA Powerlifting is not a sport taken up by many women. 

Soooooooo, gonna talk to Roly and maybe give them a ring and see how this all works..............

Oooh! That's exciting! I'm gonna need to start making trading cards for all the competitive lifters in here!

• Like 4

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Previous Challenges: 1 ~ Current Challenge