Try a different tact Seven

You will rock it Seven. Thought about it a few years ago, particularly for Masters games (40+ age group) numbers really drop off then. But that was before I moved to NSW.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

23 minutes ago, Juni0r83 said:

Seriously though, Perth holds some pretty big meets each year. Depending on which ones you're looking at will determine how much competition you face. But I think you'll rock it anyway.

There was also a gym called the Muscle Pit that advertised meets, but not affiliated with a federation as far as I could see. Not an awful lot of information, but will keep digging. I have 100 pages on anti doping to keep me occupied for now though! :)

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

19 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

There was also a gym called the Muscle Pit that advertised meets, but not affiliated with a federation as far as I could see. Not an awful lot of information, but will keep digging. I have 100 pages on anti doping to keep me occupied for now though! :)

Just wait until you start reading technical movement requirements in the ipf rule book. Then there's the equipment requirements (and unfortunately the ipf has chosen to go down the road of "this is our legal maximums, but rather than inspect every piece of equipment you bring to a meet, manufacturers have to get themselves pre-approved, so only ipf approved brands at ipf meets, and powerlifting-Australia is the Australian ipf affiliated organisation).

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Yessssss, need to drop some of the coffee and coffee with sugar! But you know..........the days leading up to pay day and food is scarce! :) 

I haven't even.......the IPF rule book yet! Although @SpecialSundae has posted a great thread about reading the rule book prior to turning up at a meet. That is why money spent on a Best Belt and in the near future SBD knee sleeves and maybe some type of gazillion dollar lifting shoe ;)

All of of this is dependant on the finance officer (Roly). Until I start work again and can put some away.......... :)

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

Madcow Wednesday Week5 15.06.2016

Warm Up:

Fully kitted out in long sleeve shirt and singlet, leggings and shorts, knee socks, knee sleeves and the chucks! Feeling kinda fine and funky! First song on playlist Outkast and HeyYa! Gotta be happy with that. So skipping, stretching, pushing the quad to try and get it started for Son7 then more stretching and warm up sets for squats.

Squat:

1x5@50kg

1x5@65kg

2x5@75kg

OHP:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg ( no push press today! Eggs cooked in chop grease gives you all the gains! )

DL:

1x5@70kg

1x5@85kg

1x5@100kg

1x5@115kg ( this right here was an awesome fucking woot! No belt, hook grip and just strong ) 

Pretty happy where this was at. Managed a few core and stretching afterwards but nothing to really write about. So seriously needing to get those bloody accessories happening! 

• Like 6

Wait! What............?

OMG I have a food baby in me! I feel absolutely stuffed. That will teach me for making errands more important than lunch and then trying to scarf it all down in one sitting. I hate chocolate pudding, but had it to just get over the line! 

2280 cal goal - 2109 cal actual - 171 cal left. Not too bad.

Breakfast- 3 egg scramble with Worcestershire sauce, 2 pcs wholemeal toast, 1/4 broccoli, white coffee.

Post Workout- musashi protien shake, white coffee.

Snack- white coffee, 11 almonds, 11 cashews, raw!

Snack- Blue V, serving of TeeVee snacks.

Dinner- 1/4 chicken, 1/2 yellow capsicum, 1 medium tomato, 1/4 cucumber, 1/2 avacado, chocolate pudding, white coffee.

Blergh! :blue:

Wait! What............?

7 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Madcow Wednesday Week5 15.06.2016

Warm Up:

Fully kitted out in long sleeve shirt and singlet, leggings and shorts, knee socks, knee sleeves and the chucks! Feeling kinda fine and funky! First song on playlist Outkast and HeyYa! Gotta be happy with that. So skipping, stretching, pushing the quad to try and get it started for Son7 then more stretching and warm up sets for squats.

Squat:

1x5@50kg

1x5@65kg

2x5@75kg

OHP:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg ( no push press today! Eggs cooked in chop grease gives you all the gains! )

DL:

1x5@70kg

1x5@85kg

1x5@100kg

1x5@115kg ( this right here was an awesome fucking woot! No belt, hook grip and just strong ) 

Pretty happy where this was at. Managed a few core and stretching afterwards but nothing to really write about. So seriously needing to get those bloody accessories happening! 

This looks so fabulous! I was just complaining in my thread that I did deadlifts after squats and here you are rocking it like it is no problem. GOALS! :) Also awesome that Son7 is working in with you. 

10 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

OMG I have a food baby in me! I feel absolutely stuffed. That will teach me for making errands more important than lunch and then trying to scarf it all down in one sitting. I hate chocolate pudding, but had it to just get over the line! 

2280 cal goal - 2109 cal actual - 171 cal left. Not too bad.

Breakfast- 3 egg scramble with Worcestershire sauce, 2 pcs wholemeal toast, 1/4 broccoli, white coffee.

Post Workout- musashi protien shake, white coffee.

Snack- white coffee, 11 almonds, 11 cashews, raw!

Snack- Blue V, serving of TeeVee snacks.

Dinner- 1/4 chicken, 1/2 yellow capsicum, 1 medium tomato, 1/4 cucumber, 1/2 avacado, chocolate pudding, white coffee.

Blergh! :blue:

That is definitely a lot of chicken... That is where your food baby is coming from. I hope you like chicken!

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

1 minute ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

This looks so fabulous! I was just complaining in my thread that I did deadlifts after squats and here you are rocking it like it is no problem. GOALS! :) Also awesome that Son7 is working in with you. 

I think Son7 needed mom to push start his ATV.  That's a pretty awesome mom!  

• Like 1

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5

1 minute ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I clearly need to work on my reading comprehension. 

But at least it's an activity with progression.  Over time, son7 may put on weight and maybe get a larger ATV.  That progresses the push start, and that makes it training.

• Like 2

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5

15 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Coffee with milk. Tried black coffee a few times over the years but just far too bitter! Even sneaking in a sugar to help that out!

Here I am thinking you have some super secret Australian white coffee bean that you are sharing with us lol

You can try stevia instead of sugar? Lower calories, but still quite sweet. (Not sure if you need to watch sugars or not, but always an option)

Or flavored creamer works too.

YASSSSSS DO A COMPETITION!!! You will catch the bug just like the rest of us :)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

15 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Coffee with milk. Tried black coffee a few times over the years but just far too bitter! Even sneaking in a sugar to help that out!

Here I am thinking you have some super secret Australian white coffee bean that you are sharing with us lol

You can try stevia instead of sugar? Lower calories, but still quite sweet. (Not sure if you need to watch sugars or not, but always an option)

Or flavored creamer works too.

YASSSSSS DO A COMPETITION!!! You will catch the bug just like the rest of us :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Not to turn this into another coffee thread but... Bitterness can be a problem with the roast (think Starbucks) or extraction method or (related), the size of the grind. My partner has given me various bits of coffee making equipment over the years. The first one was a filter that he hand crafted by bending bits of wire. That was the most romantic one. However, the best coffee imo is made with an Aeropress (at least in a home setting and without spending a ton of money). This is if you like a fruitier coffee, apparently for chocolate notes, stove top espresso maker is better. Anyway. The Aeropress extraction is more gentle, and the bitter particles (?) don't make it into the brew, but all the tasty flavour particles (???) do. Have to take care you don't overextract still, but that's actually hard to do with this method. The downside is that now need to get good quality coffee - ideally wholebean and grind immediately before brewing - because you taste the aroma of the coffee a lot more. Since he gave me the AP, I've started drinking my coffee black because it's just so tasty. In fact, I'm having some right now, thereby breaking my own "no coffee after 3pm" rule. Ah well, worth it!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, evabo said:

Not to turn this into another coffee thread but... Bitterness can be a problem with the roast (think Starbucks) or extraction method or (related), the size of the grind. My partner has given me various bits of coffee making equipment over the years. The first one was a filter that he hand crafted by bending bits of wire. That was the most romantic one. However, the best coffee imo is made with an Aeropress (at least in a home setting and without spending a ton of money). This is if you like a fruitier coffee, apparently for chocolate notes, stove top espresso maker is better. Anyway. The Aeropress extraction is more gentle, and the bitter particles (?) don't make it into the brew, but all the tasty flavour particles (???) do. Have to take care you don't overextract still, but that's actually hard to do with this method. The downside is that now need to get good quality coffee - ideally wholebean and grind immediately before brewing - because you taste the aroma of the coffee a lot more. Since he gave me the AP, I've started drinking my coffee black because it's just so tasty. In fact, I'm having some right now, thereby breaking my own "no coffee after 3pm" rule. Ah well, worth it!

I really need to give up my Keurig habit. I only use it on weekends but it was a gift and I feel obligated to use the thing because it's from my future mother-in-law. I might one day try the Aeropress. My problem is that because I only drink coffee at home on the weekends that when I open a bag of coffee it often goes stale before I use it all. During the week I get free coffee at work. What's the best way to store coffee? Only buy whole beans and grind as you use it? Do whole beans go stale like ground? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Catching up.  My comments:

I TOTALLY had a mental image of you squatting in only uggs and thong undies.  I actually thought, "wait, isn't it cold, there???"  Hahahaha. 

Mmmmmm...white coffee. 

I think that it is amazing that you are going to compete - GET IT, GIRL!!!!!!! 

ALL OF THIS :eagerness: :eagerness: 

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, evabo said:

I'm not a frequent coffee drinker (confession: I usually just get McD's coffee if I have a craving) but all my friends who own an aeropress cannot stop talking about them.

It's like the crossfit of coffee. First rule of aeropress, is always talk about your aeropress.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Instagram | Goodreads

7 hours ago, evabo said:

6 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I really need to give up my Keurig habit. I only use it on weekends but it was a gift and I feel obligated to use the thing because it's from my future mother-in-law. I might one day try the Aeropress. My problem is that because I only drink coffee at home on the weekends that when I open a bag of coffee it often goes stale before I use it all. During the week I get free coffee at work. What's the best way to store coffee? Only buy whole beans and grind as you use it? Do whole beans go stale like ground? 

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

I'm not a frequent coffee drinker (confession: I usually just get McD's coffee if I have a craving) but all my friends who own an aeropress cannot stop talking about them.

It's like the crossfit of coffee. First rule of aeropress, is always talk about your aeropress.

Going to look into this Aeropress! Sounds very cool.

I think the main problem here is our little town with it's crappy little grocery store provides a limited option in brand of beans, percolator and instant coffee. I love it when my brother comes to visit, he always brings bags of beans and percolator ground coffee. The last bag of beans he brought was from Margret River. Truth be told it was ground and drunk within a 7 day period!!!

I need to organise better when I get to the larger towns and get some!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

6 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Catching up.  My comments:

I TOTALLY had a mental image of you squatting in only uggs and thong undies.  I actually thought, "wait, isn't it cold, there???"  Hahahaha. 

Ahahahahaha.............just no :biggrin-new:

Wait! What............?

Thong undies are called g-strings in Australia. The G stands for Geez how can you walk around with a permanent wedgy all bloody day?

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 3

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

6 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I actually have two Aeropresses and there are some subtle differences...

Re: beans, I have gone full hipster on that one and have a coffee subscription. Tiny bit shameful but again, worth it!

Edit to add bit on storage, I'm not sure about ground coffee (will lose aromas within minutes anyway), for roasted beans I think cool, dry and dark.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Going to look into this Aeropress! Sounds very cool.

I think the main problem here is our little town with it's crappy little grocery store provides a limited option in brand of beans, percolator and instant coffee. I love it when my brother comes to visit, he always brings bags of beans and percolator ground coffee. The last bag of beans he brought was from Margret River. Truth be told it was ground and drunk within a 7 day period!!!

I need to organise better when I get to the larger towns and get some!

What's your postal service like? We get coffee delivered every week because we're coffee snobs who don't like supermarket beans. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, evabo said:

I actually have two Aeropresses and there are some subtle differences...

Re: beans, I have gone full hipster on that one and have a coffee subscription. Tiny bit shameful but again, worth it!

Edit to add bit on storage, I'm not sure about ground coffee (will lose aromas within minutes anyway), for roasted beans I think cool, dry and dark.

1 hour ago, SpecialSundae said:

What's your postal service like? We get coffee delivered every week because we're coffee snobs who don't like supermarket beans. 

Hmmmm Australia Post..............

We store our coffee in the original bags they come in and put in pantry, cool, dark and dry.

So many things to research!

Wait! What............?