The Rebel Timelord dusts himself off

14 hours ago, Rebel_Timelord said:

So here's where I'm at. So far during this challenge I've sent 3 Adipose back to their home planet. I'm sticking with the Nerd Fitness community to rid myself of the remaining 38 Adipose inhabiting my body.

This is an amazing post! You are doing great!

I use a Charge HR. I like to be able to monitor my heart rate and see what I walk during work when i don't always have my phone on me :)

• Like 1

My Character ~~ My Log ~~ Formerly Kelley Gammell

15 hours ago, Kucki68 said:

So funny, glad you provided a picture, too, as Dr. Who is not shown on the German TV usually I am not very knowledgeable about his world.

The Adipose are little aliens spawned from people's fat. Here's a plot rundown here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partners_in_Crime_(Doctor_Who)

My favorite German sci-fi is the miniseries Welt am Draht. Ever seen it? It's a 1973 production that was way ahead of its time. Recommended.

• Like 1

MY 500 YEAR DIARY  HIKING THE ALLEGHENY NATIONAL FOREST QUEST: 8 TRAILS DOWN, 57 TO GO 

8 hours ago, durfette said:

-eyes my own iPhone suspiciously- I did not know they could do this either. And it kind of freaks me out. 

What is is called? You'll have to keep us updated how you like using it. :)

I love this soooo much! And man, this community is the best. Always uplifting, always nerdy, always laughing. Adipose are adorable, and I would much rather refer to my fat as adipose too! 

I have an iPhone 6. One of the updates along the line added an app called Health. The pedometer is in there.

The book is The Paleo Diet Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes for Paleo Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Beverages. My wife and I are checking it out. I picked mine up in the bargain aisle at Barnes & Noble. There were actually several Paleo books at reduced prices.

I figure if people can walk to Mordor, I can weigh myself in Adipose!

• Like 2

MY 500 YEAR DIARY  HIKING THE ALLEGHENY NATIONAL FOREST QUEST: 8 TRAILS DOWN, 57 TO GO 

tumblr_nsif3u3ZU11uxi35eo1_500.gif

Final 1st Challenge Update

It felt really good to check off 4 of my 5 goals this weekend:

• Complete Beginner Body Weight Circuit 3x weekly
  • Log my diet daily into My Fitness Pal
  • Eat at least 1 serving of vegetables daily
  • Walk to work 3x weekly

I modified my "walk to work" goal to walking the equivalent distance each week. The weather and my workload conspired against me, but I was able to get some nice weekend hikes in.

I really struggled with my 5th goal, "Pack lunch daily." I'm taking another shot at this beginning tomorrow. For this reason I'm going to stay in the Rebel class for the next go-round.

I lost several Adipose during the challenge, but even more importantly I feel much better physically and am positive about "leveling up" in the future.

As a bonus, I also learned about bullet journals, Duolingo, and the Productive app.

Thank you all for your encouragement and comments on this thread. It meant a lot.

I look forward to the new challenge beginning a week from now. I hope our paths cross again!

The Rebel Timelord

• Like 6

Congratz on a good job!

2 hours ago, Rebel_Timelord said:

As a bonus, I also learned about bullet journals, Duolingo, and the Productive app.

I also recently learned of bullet journals, I'll see if I'll start using them or not.

What productivity app are you talking about? :)

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

30 minutes ago, Rebel_Timelord said:

Yep, that's the one!

Sorry, I'm confused. Do you mean this forum? Or is the name of the app Productivity? :unsure:

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

9 hours ago, Rebel_Timelord said:

Oh sorry--it's called Productive. It's in the iOS store.

Thanks. :) Checking it out.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2016 at 4:37 PM, Rebel_Timelord said:

Dude, I'm totally gonna do this too! 

On 7/10/2016 at 1:28 PM, Rebel_Timelord said:

I really struggled with my 5th goal, "Pack lunch daily." I'm taking another shot at this beginning tomorrow. For this reason I'm going to stay in the Rebel class for the next go-round.

Have you considered packing all your lunches once a week? I know some people do one day of meal prep for a week so they don't have to find motivation every day to pack a healthy lunch. 

Great work this round. You have been a steady and constant support and encouragement to all of us on the boards. Looking forward to hearing more from you! 

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

On July 10, 2016 at 0:28 PM, Rebel_Timelord said:

I really struggled with my 5th goal, "Pack lunch daily."

I second what @durfette says, pre-packing on Sunday is the only way I can make myself do it.

If you often pack leftovers from previous meals (the best lunch ever), maybe compromise by pre-packing 3 lunches and leave the other two open for leftover lunches?

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

Dude, I'm totally gonna do this too! 

Yes! We can start an international movement of losing Adipose!

Have you considered packing all your lunches once a week? I know some people do one day of meal prep for a week so they don't have to find motivation every day to pack a healthy lunch. 

I'm proud to say I packed my lunch everyday this week! I didn't prep everything ahead of time, but my wife and I went shopping on Sunday night with a menu for the week. I also made it a point to come home from work, wash my lunch box and pack it right then. Hope I keep the habit up. Three lunches down, 17 to go and then my 1st Challenge is truly complete.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm sure we'll cross paths again in the rebel forums next week!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bookish Badger said:

I second what @durfette says, pre-packing on Sunday is the only way I can make myself do it.

If you often pack leftovers from previous meals (the best lunch ever), maybe compromise by pre-packing 3 lunches and leave the other two open for leftover lunches?

This idea has potential. Thanks @Bookish Badger!

On 8.7.2016 at 0:37 AM, Rebel_Timelord said:

I don't think I came around to say this but I really love the idea.

Plus a vivid image of what you are working for can be such a great motivation, I'm really looking forward to seeong your next challenge.

The Prepacked lunch will come along, you allready placed a good trigger there, you'll manage ;)

• Like 1

Challenge: 0.1, 12, 3, 4, 5th, current (lost track)

Character