• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jord

Taddea Zhaan and the Gothic Squats

49 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

No gif but staying overhand when things got heavy. :encouragement: :applause:

Thanks!

I also forgot to post my embarrassing pizza macro magic from yesterday. 

200_s.gif

reakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
Kroger - Mozzarella String Cheese, 1 Piece 80 1 5 7 0 1  
Avocado - Small Whole Avacado, 36.5 grams 59 3 5 1 3 0  
Kroger - *unsweetened Applesauce, 0.5 Cup 50 13 0 0 2 9  
Smuckers - Smuckers Sugar Free Raspberry Jam, 1 tbsp 10 5 0 0 3 0  
Bread - Bread, Ezekiel 7 Grain, 2 slice 160 30 2 8 6 0  
Kroger - Greek Nonfat Yogurt Vanilla, 187.5 g 113 11 0 18 0 10  
Kroger - Just Right Creamy Peanut Butter, 1.25 Tbsp (32g) 119 4 10 5 1 1  
Add Food  591 67 22 38 15 22  
Lunch
Panera Bread - Greek Salad, 0.5 salad 180 7 16 4 2 2  
Domino's - Medium Cheese Pizza, 3/8 Pizza 630 75 24 24 3 6  
Add Food  810 82 40 28 5 8  
Dinner
Kroger Value - Enriched Spaghetti, 2 oz 200 42 1 7 2 2  
Kroger - Broccoli Cuts Frozen, 43.5 g 15 2 0 1 1 1  
P$$t Pasta Sauce - Garlic & Herb, 0.25 container (2 1/2 cups ea.) 44 10 1 3 4 5  
Celery - Stick, 1 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long) (40 g) 6 1 0 0 1 1  
Carrots, raw, 50 g 21 5 0 0 1 2  
Generic - Chopped Yellow Onion, 0.25 Large 4 1 0 0 0 0  
Honeysuckle White - Lean Turkey Breakfast Sausage Roll 16oz, 3 oz(s) 120 1 6 16 0 1  
Add Food  410 62 8 27 9 12  
Snacks
Johnny's Garlic Knots - 1 Garlic Knot, 3 knot 183 21 9 6 0 0  
Add Food  183 21 9 6 0 0  

Totals 1,994 231 80 99 29 42  
Your Daily Goal 2,000 225 78 100 47 36  
Remaining 6 -6 -1 0 18 -5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CourtnieMarie said:

that pasta dish looks pretty delightful.

I like to pack in vegetables wherever I can. 

For pasta sauces I'll cut up whatever vegetables I can find and saute them. This time it was carrot, celery, and onion. Plus I added powdered onion and garlic. Then I added in the turkey Italian sausage (I just realized that says breakfast sausage, but it was turkey Italian). After that is cooked, add sauce and frozen broccoli bits. I let it keep simmering while the noodles cooked. 

@Emerald_Dragonfly also suggested I could roast the broccoli for flavor but it turned out I bought broccoli bits and not broccoli chunks, if you know what I mean, so it went into the sauce instead of on the side!

I'm definitely scraping the bottom of the fridge, freezer, pantry barrel! There are very little proteins left in the freezer, I think one package of frozen chicken and then I have vegetarian "sausage" thawed in the fridge for dinner tonight. It'll either be regular burritos or breakfast burritos, can't tell from the tube which kind it is...

• Like 4

I love putting any kinds of veggies in tomato sauce. It's so easy and delicious! And sometimes, when the planets align correctly, you can even call it a ... chili

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Macro perfection.

3 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Seriously, that's just uncanny :applause:

I wish I could have achieved this macro miracle two days in a row but it didn't happen. Spent half my dinner calories on ice cream...

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Deadlift: 

Despite doing powerlifting as a circuit (WTF I'M DYING):

2x7, 125#

1x7, 135#

1x2, 145#

Previous max was 3x5 135# followed by 1x5 140#. So to pull 145# for 2 at the end of a brutal workout felt good. Although to be honest with you I've never lifted anything that felt heavier. I felt like I was pulling the bar through pudding at that point. But since you can't spot on deadlift, I know this was all me. Still doing all overhand, no straps. 

Please someone make a gif of deadlifting in pudding! 

Damn! That is super impressive! I don't have a deadlift pudding, but will you take my heartfelt...

E6b9T5jUbmlH2.gif

• Like 2

12 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

#NORAGRETS

8 hours ago, Alaysia said:

Damn! That is super impressive! I don't have a deadlift pudding, but will you take my heartfelt...

E6b9T5jUbmlH2.gif

Thank you and thank you!

trying to start thinking about exercise while camping....

tons of walking of course

BW squats 

goblet squats with whatever is laying around

volunteering to help fighters carry their armor

volunteering to carry water gallons around the battlefield

curling bags of ice?!?

overhead pressing small children?

I'm packing a very tiny dollar store journal for food tracking that I can carry on my person.

• Like 4

On 6/9/2016 at 7:27 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

194xr10alc41jjpg.jpg

Since I don't think anyone else said it:

"We better not risk another front assault.  That rabbit's dynamite!"

I'll be following along to the best of my ability. :)

• Like 3

On June 17, 2016 at 0:44 PM, Broba Fett said:

Since I don't think anyone else said it:

"We better not risk another front assault.  That rabbit's dynamite!"

I'll be following along to the best of my ability. :)

I might need to suggest that some of the fighters don rabbit ears during battle. ;)

Vacation is in full swing and I'm already having to remind myself that if I eat like an asshole ill undo hard work that took a long time to achieve. But I'm glad I drilled that into my head on day one on the road. I did buy a donut at a gas station, but I made good choices at McDonalds. It'll be better once we get to camp and I'm away from freeway stops. 

• Like 1

Freeway stops definitely don't do much for trying to eat well. 

Freeway stops are actually manageable. Most have bags of nuts and/or fruit. There's often boiled eggs and maybe some fresh fruit. You just have to ignore the other 95% of stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, wildross said:

Freeway stops are actually manageable. Most have bags of nuts and/or fruit. There's often boiled eggs and maybe some fresh fruit. You just have to ignore the other 95% of stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I must find these freeway stops! I can't recall ever finding fresh fruit or boiled eggs at a gas station. Wait, once at one of those mega places in Baker, CA on the way to Las Vegas. But it was the only stop for like, three hours in either direction on the edge of Death Valley and was more of a grocery store with a tiny Subway in it. Otherwise, it's bags of chips, candy, yucky packaged donuts that leave a film in the mouth, jerky, and mystery-meat hot dogs and burgers that have been in their warmers since Reagan was president.

• Like 1

Oh no, you say boiled eggs and I can't get Gary the alcoholic sitting at the bar scoffing pickled boiled eggs, diving his hand in, swilling the liquid around, chasing that last egg out of my brain! So glad they stopped putting those things on the bar. Ahh, the memories of youth.

I'm back from camping. Back to making better food choices too. I truly ate like a jerk while I was gone. Lots of salty food and I'm feeling the bloat.

I'm going to get back into the gym today, but I think I pulled something near the anterior deltoid unloading the truck when we got back. So it looks like cardio and light lower body stuff for me today. Feels more like a tendon than a muscle. If it is not the front deltoid then I am leaning towards bicep tendon, feels more sharp than dull. Basically I am both annoyed and relieved that I have to ease back into my workouts. 

• Like 4

Welcome back!!! Yeah, there's something horrible and wonderful about what holidays do to us, but I hope it was fun and that you heal up from the weird stuff soon. Back to routine will help I imagine!! 

fQIGarn.gif

• Like 1

Oh no, you say boiled eggs and I can't get Gary the alcoholic sitting at the bar scoffing pickled boiled eggs, diving his hand in, swilling the liquid around, chasing that last egg out of my brain! So glad they stopped putting those things on the bar. Ahh, the memories of youth.

Blech!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Welcome back!!! Yeah, there's something horrible and wonderful about what holidays do to us, but I hope it was fun and that you heal up from the weird stuff soon. Back to routine will help I imagine!! 

I did not make it back to the gym yesterday. It took me 2 hours to make dinner and by then I felt lazy AF. But the good news is my arm feels a lot better today, so I think I can do upper body work on Friday. Due to the shoulder I postponed the training session with my trainer to next week. 

I told the SO that i'm not making dinner tonight so that I can focus on getting to the gym. Going to do that cardio and lower body workout tonight. Even if it is just a short workout I know that one workout will launch me back into habit. :onthego:

So workouts this week will be Wednesday and Friday. I'll be camping again this weekend (no weekend workout), but I'll be able to practice my archery! 

• Like 1

P.S. I'm feeling super fat and sluggish and all I did was miss lifting workouts for a week and a half. I need to remind myself that this is a transient state and I can get my swole on no matter the time away from the gym. 

Today's feelz:

giphy.gif

• Like 4

I made it to the gym yesterday for a lower body workout. I went relatively easy to ease back into things. 

Warm-up Bike
Leg Press - 3 sets of 10 reps - 130#

Hack Squat Machine - 2 sets 

(did both of the above to loosen up the ole joints)

Back Squat - 5x5 - bar only 

Then I decided to try bench press and see how my anterior deltoid felt. Both were taken so I did incline press. Pain after once set. BlERGH. 

Leg Curls - 3x10 - 105#

Elliptical - 15 min

I didn't write anything down so weights are estimate. Legs feel fine today. Going to go heavier on legs on Friday plus do more cardio. I'll try bench again on Friday. I want to do archery on Saturday, so I  won't do any benching if there is any pain. 

Food yesterday was AWFUL. Someone came by the office with jumbo cookies. Today WILL be better. 

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2

giphy.gif

tumblr_mej55ctguA1qh01r8o2_500.gif

• Like 6