Jarric gets METAL! \m/ (20/06/16 - 17/07/16)

Jarric

Sounds like you have had a pretty good start to week 3, life gets in the way sometimes but it seems like you take it is as it comes pretty well - and spending some time relaxing with the Mrs can't be a bad thing!

I am still feeling your pain regarding the whole Brexit thing. I feel as it I don't really know my country anymore - who are these 52%. Scary stuff.

What is your strategy to handle getting out of bed and going swimming?

• Like 1

Wood Elf Ranger - Level 10

STR 11.75|DEX 11.5|STA 9.25|CON 11|WIS 11.25|CHA 8.5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Nice job coming in at only 6 cigarettes! 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

23 hours ago, Balsquith said:

Sounds like you have had a pretty good start to week 3, life gets in the way sometimes but it seems like you take it is as it comes pretty well - and spending some time relaxing with the Mrs can't be a bad thing!

I am still feeling your pain regarding the whole Brexit thing. I feel as it I don't really know my country anymore - who are these 52%. Scary stuff.

What is your strategy to handle getting out of bed and going swimming?

I know, it's pretty scary. I'm starting to get the impression that a lot of the 52% would be voting the other way now if they could have their time again, either because they were protest voters expecting Remain to win or because they feel betrayed by some of the lies of the Leave campaign.

Swimming strategy; getting to bed at a sensible time a few nights in a row would be good! The bedtime being 11pm or an hour after I get home was on the assumption I would usually be in all evening, so I need to make more of an effort to be at home and not go out late.

21 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Nice job coming in at only 6 cigarettes! 

Thanks! Not so good yesterday unfortunately, I hit 10 :( .

-----

Snooker after work yesterday went well; I won again so I'm 5/5 so far for this competition. I don't really expect to win it, but there's 11 players and the top 6 places get a cash prize, so I'm hoping to at least get my stake back :) .

Stayed chatting to my mate and another player until well gone 11, and had two beers in the process. By the time I'd taken mate home and got myself back it was about 00:10.

Used my time before bed reasonably wisely. Would have done my daily dare, but as it was gone midnight I'd already missed the chance. Instead I boiled eggs for today and tomorrow's breakfasts. While they boiled I got in 10 minutes of Heavy Metal MeditationTM (© Rurick Harrgath 2016). @DarK_RaideR, @Rurik Harrgath, @BarbarianBassBro you were absolutely right, this was excellent!

Smoking was high as I had an extra one drinking with mate, and having hit 9 and failed I had a "sod it" moment and had another one at home too.

In bed about 1am, so late but within my goal. My alarm app on my phone crashed so I didn't get up for swimming yet again this morning (hell, I might not have if my alarm did go off to be fair, but I'll never know).

My pool have a weekend 500m competition, so I'm hoping that I will get up tomorrow morning and put in a time for that so i get at least 1 swim this week.

Tonight I'm out for my Mum's birthday, don't know what we're doing yet as weather's still uncertain.

Week 2 Stats at W2D3

Down with the Sickness - 2/7

Until It Sleeps - 3/7

Iron Man - 0/2

The River - 0/3

Kuss Mich - 3/7

Wasted Years - 0/1:00

I Can Only Count to 4 - (weekend goal) 0/4

Rangers Gonna Airship - 21 mins meditating

Darebee PvP - MTWTFSS - 100 squats (EC), 20 Push-ups with rotation (EC)

• Like 10

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

12 hours ago, Jarric said:

While they boiled I got in 10 minutes of Heavy Metal MeditationTM (© Rurick Harrgath 2016). @DarK_RaideR, @Rurik Harrgath, @BarbarianBassBro you were absolutely right, this was excellent!

You are most welcome, sir!  Another tidbit of Rangerly wisdom I'll pass on is that meal preparation time is an excellent time to throw in some foam rolling or Yoga practice if you're so inclined.  Otherwise Heavy Metal Meditation is probably the most productive and centering use of your time.  ;)

• Like 4

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

23 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Glad you enjoyed it!

:)

18 hours ago, Evicious said:

Thank you, definitely trying!

11 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

You are most welcome, sir!  Another tidbit of Rangerly wisdom I'll pass on is that meal preparation time is an excellent time to throw in some foam rolling or Yoga practice if you're so inclined.  Otherwise Heavy Metal Meditation is probably the most productive and centering use of your time.  ;)

That's a good idea; will remember that next time I'm in the kitchen. Balance practice might also be good now I think of it...

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Somehow meal prep is another Heavy Metal Meditation jam opportunity for me, especially when grilling meat. Have still to try it with riskier things such as whisking eggs ;)

Yeah, that could be a bit risky (whisk-y? no?). Certainly wouldn't want to try it whilst doing DIY:

wcqcg2c.gif

-----

Last night we went to see a musical, steam-punk production of Macbeth for my mum's birthday. It was utterly bizarre and very very funny. At an open air theatre as well so it was a very chilled our atmosphere and great fun. And they got mum up on stage to play the part of the messenger (and get her a birthday kiss from Macbeth), which was a nice touch. I can't really explain just how odd it was, so here's the trailer:

Food was less than stellar; last minute rushing meant drive-through MacDonald's, then interval snacks, then back to my parents place for birthday cake afterwards (because you can't say no to red velvet cake).

Smoking was also bad - 11/8. I've realised that I'm smoking 1 more each day at work than in my last challenge, so I'm going to try and bring that back down. The trouble is that once I'm 1 over it's hard to not go 2/3 over knowing that I've failed the day. So hopefully having 1 more reserved for the evening will help combat that. Also hopefully I won't be having weekday nights out next week, which will make it vastly easier.

Stopped by the supermarket on the way home as we needed fruit and eggs and milk (basically the staples of my diet at the moment), so didn't get back until about half 11.

Decided I definitely needed to get to bed quickly as I've been talking about it so much on here. But first I should quickly do my daily dare (400 backfists). Oh, and I need to get in some more metal meditation for the mini. And then I better come on here and post those and update the spreadsheets, and maybe check a couple of other threads... Oh my God it's nearly half 12! Time for bed then!

...guess who didn't get up to swim this morning.

Nothing major planned for the weekend. Gym tonight and Sunday, and aside from that I mostly plan on catching up with sleep, housework, and a bit of alone time ready to smash through a better week 3!

Week 2 Stats at W2D3

Until It Sleeps - 4/7

Iron Man - 0/2

The River - 0/3

Kuss Mich - 4/7

Rangers Gonna Airship - 38 mins meditating

Darebee PvP - MTWTFSS - 100 squats (EC), 20 Push-ups with rotation (EC), 400 backfists (EC)

• Like 8

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

22 minutes ago, Jarric said:

wcqcg2c.gif

Oh Jesus! The bit with the table saw makes me wince!

Make me think of Emo Philips in UHF (WARNING: lots of fake blood in the video so don't play if you're squeamish):

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Somehow meal prep is another Heavy Metal Meditation jam opportunity for me, especially when grilling meat. Have still to try it with riskier things such as whisking eggs ;)

I would like to point out that while Heavy Metal Meditation is a scheduled time, Heavy Metal Productivity can happen anywhere and at any time!! 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I´m a bass player, what´s your superpower?

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

Success starts where excuses end! 

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

\m/ Commitment on being awesome \m/

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 1:09 PM, Charlie_Quinn said:

Oh Jesus! The bit with the table saw makes me wince!

Make me think of Emo Philips in UHF (WARNING: lots of fake blood in the video so don't play if you're squeamish):

Hah! Brilliant!

23 hours ago, Oramac said:

I would like to point out that while Heavy Metal Meditation is a scheduled time, Heavy Metal Productivity can happen anywhere and at any time!! 

Very true! Think I need to get more metal into my everyday life :)

13 hours ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

That's excellent! Don't envy them trying to get the paint out of their hair though!

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Weekend Round-up

Friday evening I did get in to do my workout. Completely bombed on the warm-up row; for some reason my legs were killing me by half way through. Other than that was a good session though and I increased my squat to 40kg for 4x10. Also increased my incline bench to 30kg, but only managed 2x10 and had to drop back to 25kg for the other 2x10.

Made pasta with lamb ragu and feta cheese for dinner, then went out Friday night and caught a bit of a band, and met up with one of my best mates that I hadn't seen in a few weeks. Nice evening, not too excessive on the beer front. Also, despite the drinking I only smoked 8 for the day (having 1 less at work really made the evening easier), and I got to bed on time.

Saturday was a chilled day. Got a couple of bits of housework done; washing clothes, putting clothes away, putting away some paperwork to be filed later. Went out for some walking meditation for the mini. It was quite relaxing, but I'm still not feeling that "in the moment" thing. I have definitely felt that before in a mosh pit. And sometimes I can get into it playing snooker which means I play really well and really naturally. I'd love to work out how to just turn it on to improve my snooker if nothing else, but I can always hear my own thoughts when I'm trying to mediate, which is really distracting. Something to keep working on I think!

Anyway; picked Mrs up from work. We had an early dinner (she cooked chicken schnitzel with potatoes, capers and tomato) and watched TV. Then we decided to be total slobs, went and bought some beer and a load of snacks, and spent all evening curled up in front of the TV drinking and gorging on junk food. Did unfortunately decided to stay up late watching TV, so sleep goal failed.

Smoking I did have 2 at home, which is against the rules. But as I very rarely drink at home, and as I only smoked 6/8 for the day, I'm calling this one a pass.

Sunday went into town, got some box files so that we can sort out all the paperwork we've been hoarding. I also weeded (most of) the garden path and mowed the back lawn.

Between weeding and mowing I stopped and had a cigarette in the garden, in the sun. This is exactly the kind of association I'm trying to break; smoking just because I'm in the garden, so I have to fail myself for the day. I did have 8/8 though.

Gym went something like this:

5min row warm-up: 1,253m

DB side raise, front raise, curl, press - 6kg x 4 x 6 form improving, but I still need to watch my left shoulder to keep it from raising

Squats - 40kg x 4 x 10

Lat pull down machine - 60lbs x 4 x 15

Incline bench - 30kg x 4 x 10 just barely got through these

Core: a. Leg extensions - 5kg x 4 x 10

b. Russian Twists - 8kg x 4 x 10

Dinner was teriyaki chicken (made by me), then off to work at the club. Was a seriously busy night, absolutely knackered by the time I finished. Got back at 23:25 and decided to boil eggs for breakfasts, and by the time that was done I was so tired I felt sick. In bed by 00:10.

Week 2 Stats at W2D7

Down with the Sickness - 4/7

Until It Sleeps - 6/7

Iron Man - 2/2

The River - 0/3

Kuss Mich - 7/7

Wasted Years - complete

I Can Only Count to 4 - (weekend goal) 4/4

Rangers Gonna Airship - 74 mins meditating

Darebee PvP - MTWTFSS - 100 squats (EC), 20 Push-ups with rotation (EC), 400 backfists (EC), 50 plank twsts (EC), 50 bridges (EC)

• Like 7

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Couple of things I forgot to say earlier:

When I went out for my walking meditation on Saturday I found a nice long field to walk up and down the edge of. And there were literally hundreds of rabbits there. As I walked down the field they disappeared in to the hedge to my right when I got within about 20 feet of them, so it was like a wave of running rabbits, extremely cute!

I did get up to swim this morning. Really didn't feel like going, to the point where I got changed and spent 5 minutes standing in the cubicle trying to psyche myself up to go and get in the pool. Don't know why I don't want to do this recently, but I need to figure it out. Anyway I did mess around in the pool for 15 minutes, which is better than nothing.

Rest day today (apart from daily dare and pushups for the mini) so relaxing on the sofa for the moment, after a smoked mackerel biryani courtesy of Mrs.

The daily dare today was an L-Sit (http://darebee.com/hive/daily-dares/221578-dd-4-july-2016-30-seconds-l-sit ), which I definitely can't do. There's a nice progression tutorial on there though, so this is a new goal for me!

• Like 7

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Updated my own stats yesterday:

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 10st10 (150lbs)

Body Fat %: 15.71%

Body fat is a bit higher than I would like it. In part that's due to the fact that I'm intentionally eating more to try and fuel workouts and muscle growth. I am also snacking a bit too much with this though. The other part of this is that I'm doing less cardio than I was a month ago, with swimming less and also less opportunity to play badminton of late. I'm not too concerned at present, but will make more of an effort to track this going forward to make sure it doesn't get out of hand.

Last night ended up being nice and chilled. Spent an hour or so playing Super Mario World on the SNES with Mrs, then caught an early night. Before bed I did go for a walk down the road, as much for an excuse to smoke (7/8) away from the house than anything else. The walk was nice, but I don't want that to develop as a new smoking habit. Was tucked up in bed by 10:30, which is a rarity,

Alarm didn't go off this morning, and although I half woke up on time I didn't go for a swim. After how bad it felt on Monday I'm going to stop putting pressure on myself to swim this challenge and just see what happens, but I will keep tracking it here anyway.

Gym night tonight, which is always good news :) . Our shower's broken at home though, so I'm going to have to shower at the gym tonight. Think they're all open showers, so naked in a room full of other naked men, not looking forward to that bit...

Week 3 Stats at W3D1

Down with the Sickness - 1/7

Until It Sleeps - 1/7

Iron Man - 0/2

The River - 1/3

Kuss Mich - 1/7

I Can Only Count to 4 - (weekend goal) 1/4

Rangers Gonna Airship - 70 push-ups

Darebee PvP - MTWTFSS - 30 sec L-sit (no EC)

• Like 6

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Showering with old dudes is never fun. I will never forget the time I rounded a corner at my old gym and ran straight into a 70ish year old man drying his junk under one of those hand dryers. I didn't have the heart to tell him that's not what it's for.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

On 7/5/2016 at 1:19 PM, Broba Fett said:

Showering with old dudes is never fun. I will never forget the time I rounded a corner at my old gym and ran straight into a 70ish year old man drying his junk under one of those hand dryers. I didn't have the heart to tell him that's not what it's for.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ouch, that's not a pleasant mental image. I was pretty lucky in the end; not too many people in there thankfully. Also like many things once I got naked I wasn't worried anymore, as I just had to get on with it!.

-----

Gym last night completely kicked my arse. Not entirely sure why; I wasn't really doing anything extra, but it was hard! Went something like this:

5min Row warm-up - 1,296m

DB side raise/front raise/curl/press - 6kg x 4 x 6

Squats - 40kg x 4 x 10

Cable lat pull down - 65lbs x 1 x 15

55lbs x 3 x 15

Incline Bench - 35kg x 4 x 10

Pull ups - 4, 2, 2

Core: a. Leg extensions - 5kg x 4 x10

b. Russian twists - 8kg x 4 x 10

As I said this really got to me - I could barely string a sentence together by the time I got home. A chilled evening was called for, so made dinner (chicken kievs and cauliflower cheese. A bit of a lazy one, but I did learn to make cheese sauce from scratch for the first time), played Super Mario World, and watched Mysteries of Laura.

Did manage to get in 20 press-ups for the mini, and my daily dare (40 shrimp squats). Smoked 6/8, to bed at 11pm.

In other news, I may have talked myself into doing my first OCR... I was idly looking at races and saw that Warrior Run Brighton (http://warrior-run.co.uk/) is literally 30 minutes away from my house. Pretty certain I'm going to do it, just need to decide whether to do the 7k or the 14k. I've talked a friend into running with me, but she completed a marathon this year so think I'll need a bit of running training to keep up with her! I'm hopeful at least that I might be a bit better on the obstacles to balance it out.

In honour of this decision I went for a run before work this morning instead of going swimming. Started a sub-65 minute 10k plan on Runkeeper (which is 16 wekks long. And Warrior Run's in 12 weeks. Oh well!). Called for 2 miles slow, which turned out to be 18:56 for the 2mi. Including cool down 2.4mi in 25:51. Splits:

NAME
PACE
CLIMB
1 mi
9:27
2 mi
9:29
3 mi
16:48

Snooker tonight, and need to also find time to get in push-ups for the mini and the daily dare... which is spider push-ups...

Week 3 Stats at W3D2

Until It Sleeps - 2/7

Iron Man - 1/2

The River - 1/3

Kuss Mich - 2/7

I Can Only Count to 4 - (weekend goal) 1/4

Rangers Gonna Airship - 90 push-ups

Darebee PvP - MTWTFSS - 30 sec L-sit (no EC), 40 Shrimp Squats (EC)

• Like 9

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Jarric said:

In other news, I may have talked myself into doing my first OCR

WOOT!!  They're a ton of fun, and a good challenge.  I would always encourage someone to tackle to longer distance, as I've seen too many success stories to default to the shorter distance.  But I also know the Brighton might be pretty significantly different that the good ole US of A.  Do what you think you're capable of, but don't be afraid to push yourself a little! 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Congrats on getting naked in public! Hmm, wait...

• Like 2

I´m a bass player, what´s your superpower?

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

Success starts where excuses end! 

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

\m/ Commitment on being awesome \m/

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Do you think maybe the sudden change in temperature lately made your workout feel extra hard yesterday? I had the same problem on Monday where my usual workout left me dying on the floor for 15 minutes afterwards!

Yay! OCR!! I had to look up the website to see if it was one I could add to my list but alas I already have one that weekend! Normally I'd say choose the longer distance ('cos longer = more obstacles, right?) but if it's your first time, I'd say go for the shorter just in case you find you don't enjoy it. I'm sure you will, but you never know. Also, sometimes distances are estimated and 14k turns into 16k! There's loads of 12 week 10k training plans on t'internet. Don't worry too much about speed, you'll spend a good amount of time waiting at obstacles to get your breath back.

I really hope you enjoy it if you do it!

• Like 3

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

16 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Don't worry too much about speed, you'll spend a good amount of time waiting at obstacles to get your breath back.

A valid point.  And always remember and never forget: have fun!! 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

For the smoking - maybe you could come up with a points system where you lose points for each additional cigarette over your daily goal? I had to do that with food when I would keep making bad decisions once I'd already messed up that day. 

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

21 hours ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Congrats on getting naked in public! Hmm, wait...

Thanks, nice to be congratulated for it. Usually I just get arrested...

22 hours ago, Oramac said:

WOOT!!  They're a ton of fun, and a good challenge.  I would always encourage someone to tackle to longer distance, as I've seen too many success stories to default to the shorter distance.  But I also know the Brighton might be pretty significantly different that the good ole US of A.  Do what you think you're capable of, but don't be afraid to push yourself a little! 

18 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Do you think maybe the sudden change in temperature lately made your workout feel extra hard yesterday? I had the same problem on Monday where my usual workout left me dying on the floor for 15 minutes afterwards!

Yay! OCR!! I had to look up the website to see if it was one I could add to my list but alas I already have one that weekend! Normally I'd say choose the longer distance ('cos longer = more obstacles, right?) but if it's your first time, I'd say go for the shorter just in case you find you don't enjoy it. I'm sure you will, but you never know. Also, sometimes distances are estimated and 14k turns into 16k! There's loads of 12 week 10k training plans on t'internet. Don't worry too much about speed, you'll spend a good amount of time waiting at obstacles to get your breath back.

I really hope you enjoy it if you do it!

17 hours ago, Oramac said:

A valid point.  And always remember and never forget: have fun!! 

Cheers guys, I've signed up! Plumped for the 14k in the end; I think I can probably build to make that manageable over the next 12 weeks. Well, I hope so anyway! My friend wanted to do the 21k, so it was a compromise as I'm in no way in shape to be doing a half marathon, let alone with obstacles! She's also invited her uncle, who runs Iron Man Triathlons, so I'll have plenty of help being dragged along!

I think I'll stick to the run-keeper plan. Because it's for a timed 10k it builds to 9 miles within 12 weeks, which is more than 14k, so I should be prepared.

And Charlie, you might be right on the weather front. I was horribly hot and finding yesterday hard work, whilst playing snooker! I do not do well in warm environments.

16 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

For the smoking - maybe you could come up with a points system where you lose points for each additional cigarette over your daily goal? I had to do that with food when I would keep making bad decisions once I'd already messed up that day. 

That's a good idea. How do you work your food system for reference?

16 hours ago, Evicious said:

Dont_quit_halfway_through.jpg

Never quit!

-----

So, yesterday, things....

Have decided I'm counting morning runs for the swimming goal, as I need to have some running focus now and it's all pre-work cardio anyway. Got in 15 press-ups for the mini after my morning run.

Otherwise a quietish day. After work went had a pasta with sausage and bacon from my mate, then we went off to snooker. Long, long snooker match (3.5 hours for 5 frames!), which I scraped 3-2. Got home really late from that 00:28.

Should have gone straight to bed, but instead I decided to stay up and do more press-ups for the mini. Got in another 85 to make an even 100 for the day. Up to bed at 01:20.

Smoking was a bust, 11/8, snooker days are hard.

No run this morning, so will be going tomorrow morning. Did get in another 20 press-ups to start my day :)

Week 3 Stats at W3D3

Until It Sleeps - 3/7

Iron Man - 1/2

The River - 1 swim, 1 run/3

Kuss Mich - 3/7

Rangers Gonna Airship - 190 push-ups

Darebee PvP - MTWTFSS - 30 sec L-sit (no EC), 40 Shrimp Squats (EC)

• Like 7

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler