IronMeg - Second Challenge, the Sorting Hat

ironmeg

Hello everyone, this is my second challenge. I've decided to join the monks, at least for a time as martial arts has always been a huge draw for me. I haven't been active since I was about 18, but I had achieved quite a lot by that point. I have trained in the Okinawan form of shitu ryu, and in Tae-kwon-do. I am currently working through a work out series specifically geared towards people who want to learn Kung Fu. Hopefully once my life settles down a bit (after I get married) I'll be able to join a dojo around here to continue my training. 

For now, I am looking forward to Losing weight, looking great for the big day and finishing as much Wedding prep as possible. 

Here are the goals for this challenge. I started it yesterday. 

Challenge 2

32 days

Level up my health
Drink 6 glasses of water +1 every day
Work out at least 3 times a week +3 every workout
Lose 5 lbs +5 every lb
Total Goal: 99 points

Level up my wedding
Finish 85 chair coverings +.5 for each
Finish 50 cloth napkins +.5 for each
Finish 150 flowers +.2 for each
Total Goal: 97 Points

Level up my hobby
Attempt for 4 featured instructables +20 points
Instructables that don't get featured +10 points
Total Goal: 100 Points

Current Tally:

Water: 1/32
Work  out: 3/42
Pounds: 0/25

Chairs: 1.5/42.5
Napkins: 5/25
Flowers: 0/30

Featured: 20/80
Non-Featured: 0/20

• Like 3

Yesterday was a doosey of a day. My fiance had to work late so we drove separately and I rode my motorcycle to work. I needed to get gas on the way home so I was on my way when my gear shift literally just came loose. I shifted up and and gear shift just kept going up and wouldn't come down.... So I coasted into a parking space I was luckily near, and had to walk home. It wasn't too far but by the time I got there I was done for the day. I waited for him to get home, got the tools we needed and went to get my bike. No chance I was going to work out yesterday, and didn't hit my water goal (ironically as it was very hot outside). I have decided to add an addendum to the water goal, if I drink 8 glasses in a day I get an extra +1. This allows me to make up for really bad days like this one, and encourages me to increase the water I'm drinking anyways. 

As not to bore you, I want to post updates of how things are going every day but I wont post my points but once a week or so. I look forward to working out when I get home tonight though. Drove the car, it's a bit more reliable :P 

• Like 2

Cool that you do a motorcycle, but it sucks that you had to drop it off and repair it. Can totally see how that would suck up an evening.

Also like that you're taking extra credit! That's probably appropriate, especially with a good habit like water. It's a habit that we all of us could stand to work on but that we all tend to take for granted, so anything that encourages it is going to be useful. Cool!

• Like 1

Just checking in this morning. Nothing crazy yesterday. Got 1 workout (3 points) and 8 glasses of water (2 points) so that was good. DIdn't do so great food wise. Work killed us yesterday, then the workout, and Eric didn't want to wait for me to cook anything so we had gyros for dinner. Not the worst option but still, not the best. Oh well, soldier on. 

Very tired this morning.....

I feel you on being tired. I had an early morning and a late night, and I only got 6 hours sleep because my body is stupid sometimes.

You take the wins that you can get. Being tired and working out take a lot out of a person, and it's completely understandable that you would go out for dinner instead of cooking. It happens! Don't let it overshadow the fact that you worked out and got water. As to gyros, well, consider them a delicious lesson on how willpower works and an invitation to find ways around it. :P

• Like 2
On 6/7/2016 at 8:55 AM, ironmeg said:

I am currently working through a work out series specifically geared towards people who want to learn Kung Fu. 

What workout series, if you don't mind my asking?

Battle Log: PollyannaAgain's Log

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. ~Helen Keller

Problems are not the problem; coping is the problem. ~Virginia Satir

Well not the best weekend for drinking water, and I only got 2 outta 3 workouts last week, but I lost a pound and I'm still working on getting my points in :)

Current Tally:
Water: 3/32
Work  out: 6/42
Pounds: 5/25

Chairs: 2/42.5
Napkins: 5/25
Flowers: 0/30

Featured: 20/80
Non-Featured: 10/20

• Like 1
On 6/10/2016 at 2:35 PM, ironmeg said:

It's on youtube, Jake Mace I believe. Basically it's a workout series focused around the desire to do martial arts. I'll post a link when I get home :)

Thanks! I'm looking at trying a Jiu Jitsu class this fall. :redface-new:

• Like 1

Battle Log: PollyannaAgain's Log

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. ~Helen Keller

Problems are not the problem; coping is the problem. ~Virginia Satir