I was writing out my goals. when I realized, I was typing "goats" instead of "goals". So I scrapped my old theme and went with goats.

Because having Life Goats is a great way to start a challenge, right? RIGHT!!

goatssly.jpg

Goat 1: Use the schedule. I'm happier when I'm productive, and having the schedule provides just enough structure to help me do that. It's not an hour by hour schedule, but just a "This morning, clean the basement before you take Dad to the gym." Pretty easy stuff. But without the schedule, I stare into space and fill up with panic that I'm never going to do anything with my life. Boundaries are not a bad thing, even for a creative.

goats.jpg

Goat 2: Stop counting calories and focus on eating well. After gaining 10 pounds counting calories, I realized that once again, I needed boundaries. 1600 calories of cheetos wasn't helping me. And I feel like crap a lot. So I'm going back to what works: Low sugar, high fiber, lean protein, healthy fats. I've been toying with cheat meals and indulgences, and I decided Sundays I would have a meal that didn't follow the PCOS diet guidelines. This time, I think I will succeed because I'm cooking more. BUT there will be obstacles to jump over....goat style.

o-GOATS-facebook.jpg

Goat 3: Meditate and breathe deeply through stress-eating triggers. This summer will be filled with stressful situations for me. I mean, my family is great, but I find having extended visits stressful, and I usually snack cake my way through them. This time, I'm going to start and end each day with meditation and gratitude, and when I feel overwhelmed, just walk away for 10 minutes and breathe deeply.

goats.gif

This goat looks so satisfied. I'm going to embrace its goatiness and say at the end of the challenge this will be me.

• Like 11
2 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Now that's a clean challenge.  I love it!  :)

sVFwacG.gif

YAY!!!! I love the happy goat. He's SO HAPPY!!!

2 hours ago, deftona said:

Ha, I thought I had misread your title but it seems no, I didn't and this is just a fantastic theme Snarky! 

^ I have no idea why this make me laugh so much but it gets me EVERY DAMN TIME. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!! OH my gosh. I have to watch this every day now. EVERY DAY!!! Thank you!

• Like 1

OMG - I love your theme.  It's amazing at all the perfect goat gifs too.  I think your goats look great for this challenge.  Really smart goats. 

3 hours ago, deftona said:

Ha, I thought I had misread your title but it seems no, I didn't and this is just a fantastic theme Snarky! 

^ I have no idea why this make me laugh so much but it gets me EVERY DAMN TIME. 

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  I love this.  

• Like 2
20 hours ago, LadyShello said:

OMG - I love your theme.  It's amazing at all the perfect goat gifs too.  I think your goats look great for this challenge.  Really smart goats. 

It's good to have Smart Goats. :D Thank you!!!

20 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Oh, and this...

baby-goats-in-pajamas.gif

GOATS IN PAJAMAS!!!! *adds to daily viewing*

18 hours ago, skinNbones said:

SnarkfishGoats !

"They're coming to get you Barbara!"

YES!!!!!! I love this...Snarkyfishgoats!!! I'm glad you thought of it!!

18 hours ago, LadyShello said:

or is it Snarkygoatguts?

I just gagged. I mean, seriously. I was like "huwaugh". Isn't that weird? Snarkyfishguts never grosses me out, but then you added "goat" and I could SEE THE GUTS. Oh gosh. It's all over now. :D:D:D

2 hours ago, jcsimmons said:

Came here for waffles, staying for the goats :D

YESS!! Waffle-Goat Five!

• Like 3

Okay! I goat some news for you. (heehee)

The schedule is working like awesome. I woke up early today and finished all my cleaning SUPER EARLY. And then I WORKED OUT. I'm so awesome. And I had a really healthy lunch! At 10:30 in the morning. Second breakfast? Probably not. I'll eat more fruit around 3pm.  Mom and I did some finalizing for our trip to Ireland, and I'm really excited about going. It's finally feeling real again.

I am still slacking off on illustration stuff though. I need to stop waiting for inspiration and treat it like the damn job it is. :) Right after this post. :D:D

If you were reading the end of my last challenge, you know I reconnected with an old boyfriend from high school. We talked again last night, and I go from feeling super Disney Princess over it to super reserved and like "We'll see."  So we'll see. :)

Also, my knuckles don't hurt! But guess what? Mom's knuckles REALLY HURT today. Turns out it's probably just a bug! CRAZY RIGHT?!

7cfd6c1fc10a3872e5c4c98fe5fda72a.jpg

• Like 5
On 6/8/2016 at 0:15 PM, Naxius said:

Ermahgerd, the goat invasion!

You're going to kick these goals right in the face XD

Buttermilk-the-Goat-knocks-down-other-go

OH GEEZ!!! THAT POOR GOAT :D

On 6/8/2016 at 2:28 PM, skinNbones said:

maxresdefault.jpg

:(

23 hours ago, Eirlys said:

Aww loving all the goat imagery.  Goats in pyjamas!  So unbelievably cute!

Taylor Goat wasn't too bad either :D

Good luck with your challenge, I like your ideas!

THANK YOU!!! :D:D

19 hours ago, EternalJourno said:

When you start a goat-themed challenge and Rebels be like:

d87ySfP.png

I GOAT YOUR BACK TOO!!!

5 hours ago, Varelse said:

I love the goat scenario. Good Goat start, yours. 

LOL Goat for you for fixing that "good" to "goat" :D

• Like 1

Tonight I'm cooking mujadarra. I'm SO excited to make this. I've never made it before.

goats-on-a-cliff.jpg

If it's terrible, there's a frozen pizza in the fridge.

I made plans to get together with this woman who I've been friends with since 6th grade. I haven't seen her in a year, so I'm really looking forward to this. She's married with three kids and she's just one of those people who is so genuine. I find I appreciate her more with each year that passes. I'm not sharing my romantic possibilities with her though. I've been friends with her long enough to know she means well, but meddles and gossips. Not in a mean way, just in a kind of "Oh I didn't think you would mind!" way.. I promised myself I would never tell her about someone I was dating unless we were together for more than 2 months or it was getting serious. She's still a good egg.

Speaking of appreciation, I became better friends with a woman in my critique group after sharing with her some of the things stressing me and keeping me from drawing. She made me promise to draw an hour a day. She's very Doodlie in her supportive "Go kick some ass" way.

I ate two snack cakes today, before I realized it wasn't Sunday and this was not a vegetable, so I threw the rest of the cakes away. I had to squish them a little. sigh. It's a small improvement. But I'm done buying junk food. I'm resolved to move forward with my life!!!

1386181643_baby_goat_pushups.gif

• Like 9
56 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

She's still a good egg.

It's so hard, but very wonderful, when you can appreciate people for their strengths and good parts, and recognize their limitations and set appropriate boundaries, but not lose a friend just because they have some rough spots. I'm working on this, goodness know I have plenty of rough spots myself. :)

• Like 4
On 6/8/2016 at 0:15 PM, Naxius said:

Ermahgerd, the goat invasion!

You're going to kick these goals right in the face XD

Buttermilk-the-Goat-knocks-down-other-go

Aw man, that's the gif I wanted to share, LOL!

Great goals!  My mom raised goats before I was born.  She said she liked their personalities and I thought that was weird because they seemed so mean.  Time's gone on and now I see them as playful, goofy little things and I hope to have some one day :)

• Like 2