This Challenge--- I have no idea yet.

Rambling brainstorm coming in - music at the bottom:

I want to get "Them" to give me a confirmation for a spot in the licence class I wish to take in September (I got the sponsoring settled, but "they" (=not them) took their bloody time.)

I will be in Vienna, Austria July 6th through 10th. I have already organised and tentatively looked up knitting meets that fall withing the time frame (I have wool shopping plans) and am hoping the trip will be as awesome as I think it'll be. Mum booked the whole trip (bus: shudder - and hotel: 4 stars) as a package thing, including sight seeing tour of the city on day one there (which because of the bus ride through all of Germany to Vienna via Prague taking 16 hours or thereabouts is actually day two of the trip). I am much excited, I don't think you can read it in my words here, I am actually, truly, utterly psyched. I haven't traveled since I went to sweden with friends the year I graduated AND was pregnant with my now 12 YO son. Mind Blown.

I will take as much of that trip in as I can, take some pictures (but more looking and experiencing than watching it through a camera) and I will take some wool with me, something that'll keep reminding me for months to come, while I knit, and years (hopefully) to come while I wear, whatever it'll become.... I'm a tactile person like that, this really speaks to me.

I need to cook better. Log more. And that is not negotiable.

I need to get my legs to work properly. PT and all that.

And I need to start really training for the Mudrun in early October. Sustainably.

That is my first braindump of a thought for next challenge.

I will run my challenge June 13th 'till July 10th, making my vacation the long straight before the finish line... I should look up fitness options in Vienna... maybe they have indoor playgrounds there... *research mode engage*

Speak soon

Katrin

• Like 4

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Following!

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Vacation challenges can be the best or the worst, depending how you orient yourself and the amount of preparation you put in.  Knowing you, you'll do fine.  ;)

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

@Tanktimus the Encourager@Xena@Rurik Harrgath@Raxie You are all too kind. *free hugs for everyone* - Also in unrelated news was lazy today, soaking up sunlight and a breeze from the ocean today while knitting and watching the kids play in the park.... only interrupted occasionally by soothing a teary-eyed kid who had sand in his mouth... Life is Goooood.

Grateful for Sunlight without overbearing heat, living close to the ocean, and a cardboard cone full of cotton yarn

(like the one on the right, but in a dark fir-tree green... 311345596881_1.jpg.) Oh, and Old Shale pattern... and beloved people googling things and coming up with interesting knitting inspirations that bounce back and forth between minds and something awesome happening because of it. Will take pictures at some point. Just added the second cable to my knitpro needle. woot. (This probably makes no sense to none-knitters, I am sorry.)

• Like 6

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Knitting .... and travel.  Oh, how wonderful!!!

What are your training plans for the mud run??

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Monday Week 1 June challenge.

Music, because this will take a while:

I'm weighing in at 89.9 kg today.

My app tells me 41.6% fat (Chest, Waist, Hip, Neck, Arm, Thigh measurements).

The last 4 weeks I've slept -17h44m. Current sleep duration: 7h05m longterm goal 8h, but aiming for 7:40 for now.

my myfitnesspal is set to 1400 cal, with 15% carbs, 65% fat, and 20% protein. All subject to be thrown out the window in favour of logging at all. That's the main goal: log.

For exercise:

2x a week FKS class (fitness conditioning class, Tue incl volleyball, Thu including 15 min run and basketball at the end).

no more pool time (summer is here)

must find time for weight room sessions... somehow...

I'm done with day 21, and will continue with this lovely challenge:

ab-challenge-intro.jpg

and will continue plodding along through my challenge and into this nice level II

ab-challenge-lv2-intro.jpg

Although I think I did do something wrong with the planks... I should be better at planks by now.

I'm doing the darebee daily dares PVP for silver (aka 30 points) this time around.

And am gonna pitch in here: do some pushups for weekly challenge:

fetch?id=209186&d=1465765145&type=full

On top of that I went for a run this morning and plan on doing it again MON WED FRI whenever hubby is home in the mornings. I won't do it throughout the day or in the evening, I know how I tick. It's mornings or not at all. But hubby works different shifts having off times and late shift at odd time, we got used to it, somewhat, so I think I can reasonably do... 8 runs in total. (excluding week 2 when he leaves for work at 5am, and July 6th, when I'll be in a bus on my way to Vienna from 4am onward.)

And I'm glad I had my shoes on before seriously looking out the window, it was miserable, and drizzly and cool, and awful, but I prevailed, more walking than running but I went, and I shall again. My feet were cramping at one point, rejecting the shoe bed, quite unnerving, but I walked it off, and it was okay. No shin splints and I did my stretching and care, even though the family was up and demanding I return to mommy-duties, stretches first.

I have 16 weeks to get ready to run a 6km mud run. Running kinda has to happen at some point.

Also I have one of those climber's hand trainy thingies in my purse or jacket pocket... looks like a bite ring for dogs, for grip strength. Monkey bars scare me, so I (over-)compensate.

Not sure how to get better upper body strength other than by practice practice practice. Grind.

Main goal was supposed to be food this time around. Nutrition. (and Vacation Prep - but pfffffft.)

I prepped a few things but forgot to log them, will do that once I found my notes right away.

I am really tired of ALL VEGGIES atm. I need to find something I enjoy. Something other than brokkolli, cauliflower and same-old-same-old. Throughout zero week hubby and I rather enjoyed seasoned meat (for the grill) fried up and a huge salad with that (iceberg lettuce, radishes, cucumber, maize and a bit of dressing mix mixed into a greek joghurt. Those were nice, I think we ate a variation of that 3 or 4 times last week. But I want more.

And I want something nice that I can log, and reuse the logging data as needed.

That's my wall post for the start of the week and start of the challenge.

Now I'm gonna see if I can't find your challenges and bookmark / subscribe those.

Katrin

PS Saturday I did a new PR: 50 sit ups in one set. Yes bodyweight sit ups. Babysteps.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

WOW what an awesome/productive weekend you had!! Great job :D

Also, I recently got so tired of the veggies.  I've been batch roasting various veggies for months now and this week I was like nooooooo moreeeeeee! So I'm doing salads for now.  Definitely adds a nice freshness in there and you can switch so much up with dressings!

• Like 2

And now we're shipmates! Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Mon June 13th 2016

Morning run

Abs challenge day 22

52 sit-ups

230 flutter kicks

2min50sec plank

(all done in bite-sized sets)

Daily dare PVP 20 moving planks done in sets of 5

Sleep: a little short, but not too bad.

Food: some chips, otherwise paleo and well within my cal budget

Tue June 14th

Hunted down the office dragon to ask about a copy of the contract I signed. Things went Very Friendly and a copy was promised.

In the evening Training FKS class, afterwards:

Daily dare PVP 100 mule kicks (with EC)

Abs challenge day 23

54 (30+24) sit-ups

240 (80+40+60+60) flutter kicks

3 min plank (3x ~1 min)

Sleep was horrid (well below 6h)

Food was mixed, some paleo, some pasta casserole. Total of 1473 cal.

Wed June 15th

Morning run - Didn't happen because:

Sleep was horrid again (again well under 6h)

ergo nap happened (until 3pm)

Daily dare PVP 3min scissor chops (with EC)

Abs challenge day 24

Rest day

20 sit-ups

20 flutter kicks

20sec plank

(one set each)

Push-up Break the Chains challenge 10

Early bed (relatively early, anyway, it's still late shift week.) (23 o clock)

Spend most of the night soothing a crying child (so much for catching up with sleep!)

Food not enough (879cal) no idea what happened there, did some extra walking with children for the Mini (1.9 miles for Silken Harbinger) but I'm pretty sure I logged everything food-wise. No idea.

Thu June 16th (21 days to vacation)

Pushup break the Chains challenge 10

some cooking (bought some chard, and rangered something with that) YUMMY. Will have to cook again.

Original planning behind spoiler:

Spoiler

To Do:

• Daily dare PVP 50 jump squats
  • Abs challenge day 25: 60, 250, 3m10s
  • FKS Class (including run in the park) if the kids cooperate.
  • do some adulting - tame the flat
  • Copy shop: copy licence class papers and print e-tickets for race
  • Sleep (maybe be in bed before hubby comes home?)

Fri  June 17th

To Do

• Daily dare PVP
  • Abs challenge day 26: 62, 260. 3m20s
  • Morning run?
  • Physical Therapy 10:35 am
  • eat more veggies
  • do more pushups
  • sleep (please sleep!)
  • read (and comment) on the forums)

Sat June 18th

To Do

• Abs challenge day 27: 64, 280, 3m30s
  • Daily dare PVP
  • Catchup run? Long walk for mini? Kieler Woche date with best friend?
  • make good food choices
  • do more pushups
  • get more sleep
  • read (and comment) on the forums)

Sun June 19th

To Do

• Hubby is off work
  • Abs challenge day 28: Rest day
  • Daily dare PVP
  • more pushups
  • go out?
  • eat well
  • sleep well
  • do extra walking?

Anyway. That's how far I've sorted things in my mind atm.

Hope you guys have good challenges as well.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Looks like a good plan shipmate!

• Like 1

PS I'm home from the copy shop, holding my race ticket in hand. What have I gotten myself into? Anyway, the reason I'm posting: I'm gonna start up a show on netflix and knit some, should by chance I actually fall asleep and do the sleeping thing so deep I miss start of training (highly unlikely) I'm calling it needed sloth training and just move to bed. Chances are I'll nap and wake in time for class... as a teen I slept on the bus, never once missing my stop.

Just thought I put it out there: sleep - it's an option. (And I'm forbidding myself to be angry with myself if it happens.)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Well apparently I suck. The original plan for Thursday didn't quite work, because I was stupid enough to step on a loose stone and do shitty things to my ankle. It hurt but apart from the warmup running it didn't impede me too badly during training. Jump squats was a no go though. But PTguy gave me the all clear today, I didn't actually injure myself.

Thu

Pushup break the Chains challenge 10

some cooking (bought some chard, and rangered something with that) YUMMY. Will have to cook again.

Daily dare PVP 50 10 jump squats - no points

Abs challenge day 25:

60 (35+25) situps,

250 (40+42+42+42+42+42) flutter kicks,

3m10s (50s+50s+30s+rest) plank

FKS Class (including run in the park - all of 200m) wall balls, shoulder mobility, balance, planks, +20min basketball

do some adulting - tame the flat (does cooking count? - thought not)

Copy shop: copy licence class papers and print e-tickets for race - done and done. Licence papers are in the mail, and I called the office person there to make sure they expect my paperwork. And unless there's not enough participants, it sounds like I'm in. Definite confirmation when sign up closes two weeks before the event.

Sleep (maybe be in bed before hubby comes home?) Didn't happen. Nap didn't happen either, so I could use a nap right about now.

Fri  June 17th
Morning run? No, and neither am I planning to.

PT was 30min stationary bike (7.62km) (I was early)

• 2x 20s planks and side planks each side,
  • 2x10 5kg bicep curl, and straight up thingies (what are they called)
  • 3x 6 girly pushups (aka knee pushups)
  • 2x10 curls
  • 2x 6 girly pushups
  • 2x10 curls
  • 2x15 10kg I don't know the name for these either. pulley system, handles are pulled back and down from an arms horizontal in front to a next to the body and down position.
  • 2x12 20kg same exercise.
  • Then he put me on the bench and disected my foot and ankle, gave me the all clear and sent me on my way.

eat more veggies - bought two more "heads" (?) of chard, cooked one, and looking forward to cooking the hell outta the other soon (or cook it for the freezer. Not entirely sure.)

Still on the agenda for today:

• Daily dare PVP 2 min tricep dip hold - done no EC

• Abs challenge day 26: 62, 260. 3m20s - done

• do more pushups - yeah... done that, maybe more later. No.
  • sleep (please sleep!) - too late.
  • read (and comment) on the forums

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Ok, well, so here I am, technically already in bed and due to go catch some zzzzZz's soon, but typing things here instead of sleeping. I have a reason, and it's a good one, promise.

Tomorrow is Monday week 2 and I usually have a lot of things to do at the PC on Mondays. Tomorrow I'm gonna go for a run first. Second,  actually.... before PC time anyway.

Kid 1 is at grandma's still.

Kid 2 has a "project week" kinda thing going on in kindi, Monday through Friday 8:45-15:s.th. the whole group of kids will spend their days outside and indoors in one of the really nice museums around here (Freilichtmuseum Molfsee). They will be able to touch and play with all kinds of old things... from butter making to old ironing.. iron, I guess. They have old farm houses to walk through, millstones and weaving and anyway he'll have lots of fun. But he has to be in kindi 8:00/8:15am.

And with everyone out of the house and busy with their days I can and shall go to the park that's a bit farther away (and not used for p.e. by a school) and get a training run in. I'm not sure how I will do, my foot feels still.... not tender per sé but soft in a "be kind to me"-kinda way.

The plan thus is: dress for a run, do rest day 20, 20, 20, check for daily dare, hand off kid2 in kindi at 8, do a gentle run around the (Schreven)park, find out how far all those distances are.

Optional grocery/snack/food shopping afterwards.

Will sit down with you and recap the weekend with you afterwards.

Keep being awesome. 

You rock! 

KJ

PS - gratitude

I am grateful for twilight app for android.

I am appreciative about the whole allium family.

I celebrate the joy of knitting, especially knitting thin cotton yarn on warm days, in huge volumes off of cardboard cones (no sewing in ends!).

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Haha, yeah Raxie, you are right, although I only listed my Monday morning so far :-P

Done all the things, bought all the groceries too.

The gentle run was nice, picture in spoiler, I walked more than I liked, but I have to keep in mind: I'm just starting out. Ankle held up well and pain was minimal, the limiting factor was lower leg muscles, but I did one run/walk around the outer perimeter of the park, walked to the park and home, including red lights giving me time to do some stretching. Felt good. I think I did about 50% (40-60%) of what I could have done, which was exactly my goal: a gentle run.

I am knitting a triangle shawl, mix of lace (Old shale) and stockinette, 20 rows one then 20 rows the other. I'm heavily thinking about the bottom border now, I'm thinking a knitted on stockinette stitch ruffle-y fringe.... what do you think?

I'll take a picture once it's done (not sure how I'll go about blocking this thing.... I'll ranger something), it's not gonna be too much longer, maybe I'll I should finish it within this challenge, that would be excellent considering that I have plans to cast on a yet-undesigned project when I'm in Vienna.

Training plan, will make sure the grip strength thing is in my purse, will see if I can do another run/walk/something Wednesday and a third/last one for this week on Friday morning. Wednesday has in the previous 4+ challenges been my rest day, I've not done much on wednesdays at all. Maybe I hop on a bus and drive someplace then walk for a while, there is nice parks and woods all over.... I could check out the old botanical garden and tease you'all with pictures of awesome greenery.... It's a thought.

I gotta go pick up the little one. And see how his trip went.

You all stay awesome.

K

PS - gratitude

I am thankful for meals with my loved ones, home or out, it doesn't matter. Meals with hubby, the kids, boyfriend, mum, they all matter.

I am feeling blessed for the kids having grandparents that love them and want them around for almost half the weekends and part of any and all school breaks.

I am grateful for life being so full lately, there's so much to be thankful for. Sometimes extra time needs to be made to relax and recharge, but overall life is really good.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Hi there! I've been meaning to come follow you for a while now. :) 

How do you cook your chard? Every attempt I make seems to taste like dirt. 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I seem to have forgotten the spoilered picture of proof:

Spoiler

https://www.dropbox.com/s/osxi8nyo8522gni/20160620_085654.jpg?dl=0

Sorry about the db link, I am not able to propperly link atm, it seems.

7 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Hi there! I've been meaning to come follow you for a while now. :) 

How do you cook your chard? Every attempt I make seems to taste like dirt. 

First off: hi, there. Welcome.

I.... huh... I didn't "cook" it at all.

• I what I did and really enjoyed was rather simple, I heated up 1 tbsp olive oil and about 10g butter in a medium sized wok.
  • Cut up 3 cloves of garlic into little sticks,
  • and 3 good sized spring onions (including green parts) into slices,
  • and fried those in the fat,
  • I cut the bottom off of the chard, freeing the leaves
  • Of course veggies: always wash thoroughly.
  • then I cut off all the biggest chunks of white stuff from the leaves, cut those up and put them into the sizzling mix,
  • I think here's where I salted the whole mess, I had 1/2 tsp for a head of chard.
  • and then while that was doing it's thing, I cut the green parts,
  • putting them in at the end.
  • Sizzle a while longer.
  • And that was pretty much it.

I'm not a recipe writer, but that was essentially it. The wok was on fairly hot the entire time, but I cut quickly and and I doubt my stove would win any records....

First time I made it, I had meat (pork or turkey I'm not sure, I had both at some point), seasoned for grilling in the fridge, fried that up in a pan, and cut it up like for a salad and that was really nice. (But I am easy to please with green things and meat.)

Also: with any leafy things I had so far: it doesn't actually ever turn out to LOOK appetizing.

(Hope that helps?)

Kind Regards

K

PS - gratitude

Sound of rain on vegitation is nice.

So is the quiet breathing of sleeping children.

And the taste of clean water after a workout/long day.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Hey Shipmate, the new task for week 2 of the mini is up. Keep up all your good work on your challenge! Week 2 is going down.

• Like 1

Tuesday update.

Monday was morning run, poof above, I didn't really log all day, I'm currently trying to figure out what all I ate. But the first prognosis is: not good. I went over budget, and not by a little. - EDIT: 2422/1400 cal for Monday.

I'm pretty sure one part of it was the irresistible-ness of salami whips

Spoiler

tc17205_Salami-Peitschen_head.jpg

the second part may have been hubby opting for eating out (which I enjoyed the hell out of and can't really find it in me to regret):

Spoiler

5.jpg

And third and lastly I had a wild case of stress eating happen there in the second half of Monday. I got an email to tell me I didn't make it into the licence course. I am on the second spot of the waiting list, so there is definitely an option to maybe get in late, or something, but for now: I've not gotten into the class for September (yet). What really irks me is that I had the paperwork ready and for the first time in forever I had my shit together! And then the papers were at the sports club from easter onward collecting dust. I know, I still might get in, but yesterday I was just sad, sad, sad and angry.

Tuesday:

Hour in the weight room.

Plans for training run with Casbin tonight after training (volleyball is canceled).

Week 2 is going DOWN

Deaf center has no news for the winter semester classes yet.

Knitting is progressing well.

Have an easy day you all

Katrin

PS - gratitude

Squats

Fineliner pens and coloring books

District heating (Ask wiki if you don't know what it means, Kiel is in there, we are in there!)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Ughh, I'm sorry about the course! That sucks. 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.