• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Emerald_Dragonfly

Emerald_Dragonfly something something something

4d52a51ea6b4479ef58b143c443639d6.jpg

Since my last challenge was a spectacular fail, I am doing a respawn. 

1. Stop eating like a jerk.  Eat like a human being. 

2.  Mobility.  Post it here.  Feel free to inquire - apparently I need babysitting with this. 

3.  Lift.  (Starting stats, pounds: 160 squat, 100 OHP, 140 Bench, 230 DL, 60 DB row)

LUYL: Pick a new program.  Research at least two more. 

LUYL non-fitness adulting goal:  For every day that I am off work and not otherwise occupied, I will do the following AND POST IT HERE:

• Take a walk
  • clean one room in my house to include mopping & dusting
  • NO INTERNET until at least one of those things has been accomplished.  :cower:

****I am seeking someone willing to help me stay accountable to goal #1 (the no eating like a jerk) via PM.  Putting it out there for the world didn't seem to work, perhaps it will work via PM?  I am obviously willing to help with a similar or different goal.  I'm thinking daily PMs.  I'm kinda struggling with this goal.  And by kinda I mean really a lot.  ****

• Like 11

Still in awe of that OHP! Are you still running a 5x5 program? I'll be interested to hear the results of your program research.

Food is hard. Is there a consistent situation in which you slip? For example, I know if I go too long between meals, or eat too little earlier in the day, I put myself at risk of overeating later. Figuring out such personal quirks can make it easier to set yourself up for success :). (Sorry if you already tried/discussed this in the previous challenge!)

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Grymm said:

failure.png

If no one ever failed a challenge, they'd be called "easies".  Glad to see you're ready for the rematch.

I l;ike this

• Like 6

Thanks.  I'm ready, @Grymm.  Discouraged, but not defeated.

@Alanna - I eat my feelings.  Good feelings?  Celebrate with food.  Bad feelings?  I rarely cry, instead I eat.  Bored?  Food.  Angry?  Fast food.  When I eat very low carb I am better at recognizing that I'm not actually hungry, but I have had a tough time staying low carb since beginning lifting.  So I make a rational choice to eat some healthy carbs to keep my energy up, the cravings begin, and then I am eating thoughtlessly.  Which I sometimes recognize and get it together and sometimes...don't.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Thanks.  I'm ready, @Grymm.  Discouraged, but not defeated.

@Alanna - I eat my feelings.  Good feelings?  Celebrate with food.  Bad feelings?  I rarely cry, instead I eat.  Bored?  Food.  Angry?  Fast food.  When I eat very low carb I am better at recognizing that I'm not actually hungry, but I have had a tough time staying low carb since beginning lifting.  So I make a rational choice to eat some healthy carbs to keep my energy up, the cravings begin, and then I am eating thoughtlessly.  Which I sometimes recognize and get it together and sometimes...don't.  

Right there withya, sista. I eat all my feelings, too! I've been working on it for years and have gotten good at not rewarding myself and others with food or using celebrations as an excuse to eat. But anger is my Achilles's heel. Holy moly, do I not have a control over that reaction. I get angry and I rage-march myself into the kitchen and find the worst food, all while telling myself I don't give a damn. And if there is no bad food, I will go out and get it. I don't usually get that angry, but when I do, no snack food or sweet is safe in my vicinity. And being tired usually triggers a binge, too, as if there were caffeine in cookies or something. It's a tough issue we fight.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Alanna said:

Still in awe of that OHP! Are you still running a 5x5 program? I'll be interested to hear the results of your program research.

I think that I am doing well with OHP for a few reasons.

1. I tighten the ever loving crap out of my entire body before each rep.  It's the only lift that I feel I've actually gotten the hang of bracing properly.  

2.  I always feel strong at the top.  Victorious.  Each rep feels like a celebration!  

3.  I deload fairly often and build back up.  

Yes, still running SL 5x5.  Looking to switch soon; I think that I need a program that is a touch easier on the body.  So far Wendler's 5/3/1 looks good.  But I want to look into others.  Especially the two that @SevenofSeven has done.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Alaysia said:

I get angry and I rage-march myself into the kitchen and find the worst food, all while telling myself I don't give a damn.  It's a tough issue we fight.

Some days are exactly this.  Not most.  Not even many.  But yeah...they suck.  

Ok, back to positive focus.  Shiny, sparkling barbell routines are amazing.  I can focus on that and tiny steps are better than no steps with the food, yeah?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

4d52a51ea6b4479ef58b143c443639d6.jpg

Since my last challenge was a spectacular fail, I am doing a respawn. 

1. Stop eating like a jerk.  Eat like a human being. 

2.  Mobility.  Post it here.  Feel free to inquire - apparently I need babysitting with this. 

3.  Lift.  (Starting stats, pounds: 160 squat, 100 OHP, 140 Bench, 230 DL, 60 DB row)

LUYL: Pick a new program.  Research at least two more. 

LUYL non-fitness adulting goal:  For every day that I am off work and not otherwise occupied, I will do the following AND POST IT HERE:

• Take a walk
  • clean one room in my house to include mopping & dusting
  • NO INTERNET until at least one of those things has been accomplished.  :cower:

****I am seeking someone willing to help me stay accountable to goal #1 (the no eating like a jerk) via PM.  Putting it out there for the world didn't seem to work, perhaps it will work via PM?  I am obviously willing to help with a similar or different goal.  I'm thinking daily PMs.  I'm kinda struggling with this goal.  And by kinda I mean really a lot.  ****

5 hours ago, Alaysia said:

Right there withya, sista. I eat all my feelings, too! I've been working on it for years and have gotten good at not rewarding myself and others with food or using celebrations as an excuse to eat. But anger is my Achilles's heel. Holy moly, do I not have a control over that reaction. I get angry and I rage-march myself into the kitchen and find the worst food, all while telling myself I don't give a damn. And if there is no bad food, I will go out and get it. I don't usually get that angry, but when I do, no snack food or sweet is safe in my vicinity. And being tired usually triggers a binge, too, as if there were caffeine in cookies or something. It's a tough issue we fight.

Like pieces in a puzzle! I need to find my quantity control button. 

Punching bag is a huge bonus to any shed! ;) I am also lucky enough to be able to swing an axe at some wood if something pisses me off.

Here to help out E_D. 

• Like 2

Like pieces in a puzzle! I need to find my quantity control button. 

Punching bag is a huge bonus to any shed!  I am also lucky enough to be able to swing an axe at some wood if something pisses me off.

Here to help out E_D. 

An ax and a pile of wood helped me get through my 20's

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm in similar eating boat and would be willing to PM you on the regular. There is one week coming up that I'm going to be camping without real access to my phone though. I'm also on MFP if you also want to harass me on there. I've gained some weight so far this year and would love accountability to stop eating like a jerk. 

slide_317276_2917102_free.gif

• Like 3

Yes! Tiny baby steps for the win.

Maybe instead of focusing on one HUGE goal, focus on a smaller part of not eating like an asshole. e.g. "Eat a nutritious breakfast daily" or "eat X servings of veggies a day" or something like that? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Grymm said:

I love chopping wood.  Maybe I'll get a fire pit for an excuse to chop some wood.

We rely in a woodstove for heat.  Freezing to death is a pretty good reason to chop wood!  Tbh, I chop very little of it.  

• Like 1

I've been doing yoga and it's been AWESOME for my mobility. Highly recommend.

I also tend to feels-eat. I've been trying different methods of distracting myself, which usually is only a temporary fix. It seems to work better if I eat light meals until either dinner or the desire to eat emotionally strikes. Then I'll portion out a reasonable quantity of whatever food seems most comforting or celebratory. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

;)

Thanks, seven!

6 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Hello! Following along, probably quietly as usual...

But I live that you are here.  :-)

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm in similar eating boat and would be willing to PM you on the regular.

slide_317276_2917102_free.gif

Hugs.  

1 hour ago, ~RedStone~ said:

And so the phoenix rose up! Here to support in any way I can. 

SxFllvk.gif

You are amazing!   (Hugs)

59 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Yes! Tiny baby steps for the win.

Maybe instead of focusing on one HUGE goal, focus on a smaller part of not eating like an asshole. e.g. "Eat a nutritious breakfast daily" or "eat X servings of veggies a day" or something like that? 

I was successful on 2 challenges with veggies and water.  Maybe I should go back to that.  

15 minutes ago, Grizzy said:

I've been doing yoga and it's been AWESOME for my mobility. 

I have the NF yoga  (and like it), I  just haven't been using it.  Good reminder, thanks! 

Thanks for the love guys!!!! 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Some days are exactly this.  Not most.  Not even many.  But yeah...they suck.  

Ok, back to positive focus.  Shiny, sparkling barbell routines are amazing.  I can focus on that and tiny steps are better than no steps with the food, yeah?

yes, baby steps!

5 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I was successful on 2 challenges with veggies and water.  Maybe I should go back to that.  

this sounds great! things like this definitely helped me at the beginning. now i eat a nutritious bfast everyday, plenty of water, and veggies with each meal. but i ALSO abuse portions on the weekends or when i'm stressed. the healthy eating habits that i established a few years ago now allow me to maintain while still eating too much at certain times. but i've still got stuff to lose and need to change the cycle! good luck! here for you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I am probs going to have a veggie goal this challenge. I'll be happy to PM you on the regular if you PM me back :D

I could use a frequent *cough* daily *cough* reminder to eat protein/do my PT stuff. Because apparently I can't be trusted to remember that on my own *sigh*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

This was part of my last challenge and I'm trying to keep it up, even though It's not part of my official challenge. Trying to pack in saladey goodness!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

As you can see, a lot of us have been in this boat (and still take the occasional sailing excursion). Just having this self awareness puts you miles ahead! I hear you on the carbs side of things too -- I seem to need moderate carbs to fuel lifting, but I have to be very careful about the source and timing so I avoid blood sugar swings (e.g., if I eat carbs, they have to be with some protein and fat, too). Let me know if you want any help exploring that side of things!

16 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Any steps are good steps! And tiny steps tend to work the best over the long run... just like with that darn OHP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

I am probs going to have a veggie goal this challenge. I'll be happy to PM you on the regular if you PM me back :D

I could use a frequent *cough* daily *cough* reminder to eat protein/do my PT stuff. Because apparently I can't be trusted to remember that on my own *sigh*

I tried to PM you,  but my phone will only reply, not start new ones.  Can you PM me?  :-)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Grizzy said:

This was part of my last challenge and I'm trying to keep it up, even though It's not part of my official challenge. Trying to pack in saladey goodness!

Been thinking about hitting the farm stand for veg/fruit.  All that goodness should be celebrated...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alanna said:

I seem to need moderate carbs to fuel lifting, but I have to be very careful about the source and timing so I avoid blood sugar swings (e.g., if I eat carbs, they have to be with some protein and fat, too). Let me know if you want any help exploring that side of things!

I haven't thought much about timing; what is your take on timing, lifting, & carbs?

• Like 1