• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Emerald_Dragonfly

Emerald_Dragonfly something something something

21 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I haven't thought much about timing; what is your take on timing, lifting, & carbs?

Molly Galbraith has a good article about carb cycling -- in particular, eating your carbs in your post-workout meal. I don't follow this approach right now (her <30 g/rest day is rather low for me), but still eat more carbs on lifting days and after lifting in particular, an approach that's also been discussed in a NF blog, I believe. To emphasize how uniquely everyone reacts to carbs, this health coach recommends a more moderate carb approach for her clients.

• Like 8

23 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I have the NF yoga  (and like it), I  just haven't been using it.  Good reminder, thanks! 

OOOO I'm gonna send you a PM. I have questions.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

OOOO I'm gonna send you a PM. I have questions.

I have it also, but also haven't been using it lol. There should be a NF Yoga accountability group.

Tagline: You bought it, you used it twice, now what?

• Like 2

So got to the gym yesterday to discover that I had only packed one shoe.   They are stickers for shoes, and my dress shoes were dress sandals and not suitable for lifting.   #educatorsduringthelastweekofschoolhavezombiebrains

To reinforce the above point, I just noticed that I never clicked submit.  Good.  Grief.  

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

So got to the gym yesterday to discover that I had only packed one shoe.   They are stickers for shoes, and my dress shoes were dress sandals and not suitable for lifting.   #educatorsduringthelastweekofschoolhavezombiebrains

To reinforce the above point, I just noticed that I never clicked submit.  Good.  Grief.  

Want to hear something funny?

I've been deadlifting in socks for almost two months because I had not unpacked my deadlift shoes. 

I finally unpacked them today but now I think I'll stick to socks and might buy deadlift slippers.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I once forgot to put pants on before training. Took off work pants, got distracted, wore boxer briefs to gym. #truestory

Looking forward to seeing what program you choose to go with as I am in much the same boat!

• Like 3

On 6/9/2016 at 3:23 PM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

It's almost over... <3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wolverine said:

I once forgot to put pants on before training. Took off work pants, got distracted, wore boxer briefs to gym. #truestory

Looking forward to seeing what program you choose to go with as I am in much the same boat!

Best wardrobe malfunction ever!

• Like 4

On 6/10/2016 at 2:09 PM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Best wardrobe malfunction ever!

I'm very thankful I wear modest undies... though a banana hammock would make for a better story. ;)

• Like 5

Had an on point zero week, with crazy awesome support from @Taddea Zhaan and @elvenengineer _ rock stars, both of them.  

Today, in pounds

Squats felt really good.  Pre-butt hurt good.

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 3 at 135

5 x 5 at 155

I finally feel good about moving back up to more challenging (for me) weights.  Will continue to increase slowly.

OHP

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 65

1 x 5 at 85

1 x 3 at 95 

4/3/3/3/3 at 100

Lost form & tightness pretty consistently after the 2nd rep, which is unusual for this lift for me.

DL

1 at 135, felt it in my lower back.  I have a very strict no lifting with back pain rule, so I immediately stopped.  Hoping that it clears up, not super worried about it - it's not the scary pain.  But pain is pain, so I stopped.  Likely caused by supervising field day at work today.  Lots of standing and twisting.  Meh.  

Food was good today.  Need another veg, but good.  Will stretch out again before sleep.  

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Had an on point zero week, with crazy awesome support from @Taddea Zhaan and @elvenengineer _ rock stars, both of them.  

Oh I love to hear this!!!! Nothing beats a win to get this moving on the right foot, and having the support you need. Love all you guys so much, and keep rocking it Emerald! A win only leads to more wins :D 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

hahahaha i posted my update in your thread girl! sorry! i was just distracted by your great workout ;)

urAvLc3.jpg

Hahahahaha, I'm always worried that I'll get distracted and post a workout at someone else's thread!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

DL

1 at 135, felt it in my lower back.  I have a very strict no lifting with back pain rule, so I immediately stopped.  Hoping that it clears up, not super worried about it - it's not the scary pain.  But pain is pain, so I stopped.  Likely caused by supervising field day at work today.  Lots of standing and twisting.  Meh.  

Food was good today.  Need another veg, but good.  Will stretch out again before sleep.  

The support is definitely mutual! And helpful!

I'd say good call on the deadlifts. Pain is not what you want to feel while recovering. You'll get there!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grizzy said:

Followed your lead on tightening up my body when I did overhead presses, and it made a WORLD of difference.

I'm so glad!  I remember the first time I actually felt the ohp supported from my glutes and quads...it helps so much!  Like footers holding up a house!  :-)

• Like 3

So today starts the guts of my challenge.  Yesterday was my last day of work for 9 weeks (well, maybe. OF COURSE I put in a proposal to do summer stuff - I may be incapable of actually taking an entire summer off - no answer yet, though, so we'll see). 

Reminder of my goals:

Lift.

Eat like a human being.

Mobility

Pick a program for after SL

Walk &/or clean one room each day, and do one of these things before internet on non-working weekdays

Today I got up and took a walk first thing.  :-)  I think that I get extra points because it was starting to rain, but I went anyway!

My tentative plan for the day:

Clean the bedroom (yeah, it's the easiest - so what?!)

Lift

Research plans

Catch up on threads

Do the 5 minute squat NF yoga session

Piriformis mobility work

Read a book

Update this evening with how my lifting and eating and mobility went. 

• Like 8