• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Emerald_Dragonfly

Emerald_Dragonfly something something something

7 hours ago, Volki said:

Good luck!! :)

Thanks!.

3 hours ago, suzyQlou said:

Catching up and LOVING the progress on the new gym.  It is so very big next to the chicken coop.  And are those sky lights at the peak?  That is going to be lovely!

Amazing lifting (as always.)  I think it's great to have a fellow Sista' at the gym.  I love reading all your Bro stories.  I keep coming back for more!!!  But there's something heartening about having another gal nearby.  One who might just understand that lifting is awesome.  It's just kind of nice to have company.

Awww...SqL, thanks - you are always so awesomely supporting! :-) 

It's a clerestory wall - so the windows are built in (they won't open - at some point we just had to say enough was enough - the regular window will open). 

That chicken coop has seen better days - it's on the list of things to replace.  Far down the list, though.  Cuz, priorities. 

So.  Very.  Tired. 

Spent the entire day putting siding on The Studio.  As exhausted as I am, I am pretty psyched for tomorrow.  We got 75% of the large siding pieces put up, the Gym Studio wrapped in TyVek, and all of the functional windows installed.  In true nerd fashion, I am referring to the siding - which is called T1-11 siding as (OF COURSE) Terminator Board. 

Terminator-7.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Spent the entire day putting siding on The Studio.  As exhausted as I am, I am pretty psyched for tomorrow.  We got 75% of the large siding pieces put up, the Gym Studio wrapped in TyVek, and all of the functional windows installed.  In true nerd fashion, I am referring to the siding - which is called T1-11 siding as (OF COURSE) Terminator Board. 

Terminator-7.jpg

COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIFT.

• Like 6

Didn't finish the siding.  Accidentally busted the crap out of my thumb with a hammer.  Split the nail in 4 places, but only bruised the actual thumb.  Immediately iced it, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Siding is a two person job, so my poor aim set us back a bit.  :-(

Hoping that I can still lift.  It doesn't hurt *that* badly. 

Not too gruesome pic:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Didn't finish the siding.  Accidentally busted the crap out of my thumb with a hammer.  Split the nail in 4 places, but only bruised the actual thumb.  Immediately iced it, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Siding is a two person job, so my poor aim set us back a bit.  :-(

Hoping that I can still lift.  It doesn't hurt *that* badly. 

Not too gruesome pic:

giphy.gif

Reminds me of my time in the emergency ambulance as a little nurse boy with a thrill for disgusting bloody things to tell my friends to shock them. ;)

Hope it doesn´t affect your lifting skills too bad!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Hope it doesn´t affect your lifting skills too bad!!!

Thanks.  It's not so bad, I'm just bummed to have messed up our construction timeline. 

And I'd planned to do the virtual meet Friday - this may hamper my maxes.  We'll see.

• Like 1

OMG Emerald, I hope it doesn't hurt as much as it looks!!! Heal up and get better!!! And you WILL destroy your lifts, no matter when... just a matter of when ;) HUGS!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

...Split the nail in 4 places, but only bruised the actual thumb. ..

Hide contents

Ha!  I first read this as you split the broken-nail-300x226.png in 4 places.  I thought.  Darn, that girl is STRONG.

Then I realized...owwwwwwe.  Hope you heal quickly!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Not liked for pain and gnarly looking thumb, but liked because you posted the photo! Owwwwch!

I debated whether or not to post it.  It's not a lifting injury... Glad you weren't grossed out!

:-)

18 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

OMG Emerald, I hope it doesn't hurt as much as it looks!!! Heal up and get better!!! And you WILL destroy your lifts, no matter when... just a matter of when ;) HUGS!

Better today.  Yesterday it felt like a cartoon character injury:

36919535_3_l.jpg

14 hours ago, Volki said:

I hope it heals up soon! you don't want to even know how many times I smashed myself with a hammer\sledgehammer.

This DIY construction is for the BIRDS. 

14 hours ago, Alaysia said:

Oh, ow!!

On the upside, though, nail artists work really hard to make neat designs like that. Here's to a full and speedy recovery!!

So I'm fashionable?  First time for everything! :-)

2 hours ago, suzyQlou said:

Ha!  I first read this as you split the broken-nail-300x226.png in 4 places.

Lol.  My husband actually said, "Wrong nail." 

(Once I was ready to laugh, not right away.)

1 hour ago, Wolverine said:

OUCH!  Hope it heals up quickly!

It is, thanks.

Maybe I was just asking for trouble by using:

s-l1000.jpg

• Like 1

Lifted today.  Thumb did not hurt except when changing out plates, so that's good.

In pounds:

Squats

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 3 at 135

1 x 3 at 165

3 x 3 at 185

OHP

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 65

3 x 3 at 100 - SUCCESS!  FINALLY! 

Deadlift

1 x 5 at 45 RDL

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 5 at 185

1 x 5 at 205

Yay!  The RDL seems to do the trick, so I will leave it in from now on. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, SevenofSeven said:

Awesome with the OHP. Just excellent!!!

1 hour ago, Lifter5 said:

ddaaaaaaaang. strong girl. 

Agreed!  It's so awesome I don't even troll it with.....

7 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

OHP

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 65

3 x 3 at 100 - SUCCESS!  FINALLY! 

kg?

:D

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Lifted today.  Thumb did not hurt except when changing out plates, so that's good.

In pounds:

8 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

kg?

Nice try, my friend...Nice try...

:rolleyes:

Debating whether to go for 105 lb ohp Wednesday or not.  Doing the virtual comp Friday so Wed was a planned lighter day, but otoh I don't get doms from ohp unless I take a day off...and otoh (apparently I have 3), I don't make my reps for ohp after a skipped workout, and I'm on a roll...

What to do, what to do...

• Like 1

So I got tagged 2 pages back and I've been on vacation for 11 days so I'm trying to catch up.  Linked to a pic of my gym below.  Things I'd change?  Biggest thing is just my ceiling is too low to do any overhead work.  So other than buy a new house with a 10' basement instead of an 8', not really. :) 

• Like 2

On 6/26/2016 at 4:57 PM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Thanks.  It's not so bad, I'm just bummed to have messed up our construction timeline. 

And I'd planned to do the virtual meet Friday - this may hamper my maxes.  We'll see.

I'm sorry you hurt your thumb, but I'm so glad you posted about the virtual competition! I've been waiting and waiting for something about it to show up in the guild. I almost completely missed this one. Guess I'm competing on Thursday.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2016 at 9:50 PM, SevenofSeven said:

Awesome with the OHP. Just excellent!!!

Thanks!  Now that I have switched to 3x3 all the time instead of only sometimes, I feel like I may have a few more pounds in me!

On 6/27/2016 at 9:53 PM, Lifter5 said:

ddaaaaaaaang. strong girl. 

Awww..thanks!

On 6/28/2016 at 9:32 AM, Rooks said:

So I got tagged 2 pages back and I've been on vacation for 11 days so I'm trying to catch up.  Linked to a pic of my gym below.  Things I'd change?  Biggest thing is just my ceiling is too low to do any overhead work.  So other than buy a new house with a 10' basement instead of an 8', not really. :) 

Very cool - thank you!  I think that we are good on the ceiling height.  :-)

On 6/28/2016 at 10:57 PM, NatetheStrong said:

I'm sorry you hurt your thumb, but I'm so glad you posted about the virtual competition! I've been waiting and waiting for something about it to show up in the guild. I almost completely missed this one. Guess I'm competing on Thursday.

I'm so glad that you got a chance to compete! And I saw your numbers - you are fabulous. 

• Like 1

Today's lifting was for the virtual comp, so a deviation from my normal workout. 

Overall, I am quite pleased!

(IN POUNDS!!!!!!) 

Squats

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 3 at 135

1 x 3 at 185

ATTEMPTS:

205 - success!

215 - success!

225 - success!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-pjhN4N22OMOGpWWEFVNUsxajQ/view?usp=sharing

(you can hear the super friendly lady who agreed to film me cheering me on in the background!) :-)

Bench

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 3 at 135

ATTEMPTS:

150 - success!

155 - success!

160 - fail. 

Deadlift

1 x 5 at 45 RDL

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 3 at 185

1 x 2 at 205

ATTEMPTS:

235 - success!

240 - fail

240 - fail

I did 230 for reps quite recently, so I would have thought that I could pull 240, but either the two week break when my back was giving me trouble hurt my progress, or I do not yet have the stamina for comps (even virtual ones). 

Overall, I am quite pleased with today! :-)

I'm off to do my conversions to kg and enter my numbers into the spreadsheet for the comp!

• Like 12