• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Emerald_Dragonfly

Emerald_Dragonfly something something something

I'm afraid of good mornings too...

Spoiler

...they raise the bar for the rest of the day and it usually leads to disappointment.

Joking aside, I have no idea how to do good mornings but I did like RDLs when I did them.

• Like 5

You can do them with just bodyweight and slowly work your way up. For me, they are actually easier on the back than deadlifts and their variations. But there might be individual differences? Also, you don't have to bend over a lot, it's really just as far as you can go without sacrificing good form.

I like hyperextensions for accessory for my hammies. But I know it is hard to go heavy on those and I haven't reached my max with them yet (I haven't worked up to a 45# plate yet). I have tight hamstrings and calves so I like to hold them for a pause at the bottom for a good stretch. 

You guys all probably do these already, but I recently tried out sumo deadlifts and they work my glutes and hammies a lot more than a traditional deadlift, but that might just be my fucked up anatomy. I'm considering doing 1 day a week of traditional deadlift and 1 day a week of sumo deadlifts. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, evabo said:

presumably you would be stretching anyway, amirite :victorious:

No. :beguiled:

5 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I'll need a progression, probably, cuz GHR look difficult.

Razor curls. Support yourself with your hands particularly at full extention. 

• Like 1

Today's training session (in pounds, Sam Ashen, in pounds)

Squat rack was taken, so I began with deadlifts:

1 x 5 at 45 RDL

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 5 at 185

1 x 5 at 210

(No chalk!)

Squats:

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 3 at 165

3 x 3 at 190

OHP:

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 55 (cuz i suck at plate math)

1 x 5 at 65

1 x 1 at 95

3 x 3 at 105

PR!!!!! 

I was a tiny bit worried that I wouldn't hit all the sets because it was at the end instead of the middle of my session (i usually DL last), and also the second rep of the second set almost ended in disaster (it went a bit too far behind me at the top - I saved it, though).  I'm pretty psyched about this!  Yay!

Then I did a bunch of mobility stuff (I forgot my shoulder dislocations before going to the gym.  I'll do them this evening, better late than never?) 

Did not walk today, although I painted this morning, which I decided in a previous challenge counts. 

While painting, I noticed that the rest of the structure needs a second coat.  Weather permitting, that will be tomorrow's chore. 

Food has been on point today. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Volki said:

Yay! It is lookin good. When can we all come over and break it in :P

Bit of a drive for you,  but it looks to be finished near the end of August,  maybe...

Still needs another door, door handles, soffit, and trim outside.  Then the inside needs to be finished.   So.  Much.   Work.  Still.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

So it took about a week, but we finally finished the door for the shed portion of The Studio. 

To say that I am pleased is a bit of an understatement. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-pjhN4N22OMTGlvcFdYckJ2d2s/view?usp=sharing

I had to have Adam explain the door/window bit, but I got there eventually. Things are really hapenning!!! So excited for you!!!!! :D:D:D 

• Like 1

Today's Training Session, in pounds:

Squats:

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 3 at 185

3 x 3 at 195 (PR for reps!)

Bench:

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 5 at 115

3 x 3 at 145 (PR for reps!)

DB Row (per side)

2 x 5 at 25

3 x 3 at 55

Then a bunch of mobility stuff after.  I again forgot my shoulder dislocations before going.  Grrrr....

Food has been on point today. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, evabo said:

Heh, you put 65 pounds on your squat but you're not happy??????? Whaaaaaat. Great stuff.

Hahaha, not really, I had a 1rm of 195, should have matched it up better - sorry, tricksy reporting!

The squat was definitely part of the "hit".  The "miss" was for DB row and DL. 

• Like 1