Battle Kitten: Ascension

2 minutes ago, Dagger said:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'll go with laughing because free money, right? Except for all the mental and emotional tension and troubles and... yeah. Laugh and cry?

lol yeah basically both. Because I won't complain about not doing any work but at the same time I'm constantly expecting to get in trouble for not checking in enough or something. Despite how many times I've tried and that she's cool with my not doing anything. I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

5 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

Ain't that what always happens in these kinds of cases? *sad face*

Too busy to use the paid help to lessen the busyness. Silly.

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

1 minute ago, Dagger said:

Ain't that what always happens in these kinds of cases? *sad face*

Too busy to use the paid help to lessen the busyness. Silly.

Honestly. The prof I worked with last year had me do all kinds of little things she was just too busy to do and it totally made sense. (By which I mean still research related and not like, fetching her coffee and shit.) I don't know what exactly has this woman so busy but I'm pretty sure freeing up 10 hours by having me do her shit would probably work to her benefit? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

got the report back from the pulmonologist. Have to look at it again tomorrow because it's too late for science right now, but it does say I've got insufficient vitamin D. I'm at like 21-whatevers and 20-29 is insufficient? I think? I can already hear my mother lecturing me that it's because I don't drink milk and don't go outside. Uggggh. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

5 hours ago, Muscle Professor said:

Hey Fleaball, I was just looking through the forums and thought I would say hi. I hope your mom is being supportive even if she is lecturing.

Her definition of supportive is different from mine so I generally let her talk and then ignore it immediately after. But it works. Thanks for stopping by. :) 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

70 more posts til 5000! So like, this weekend?

So. Vitamin D insufficiency. Lame sauce. But hey that probably explains why I've been so tired lately? (Also I just double-checked and my level is 27.1, not 21. Which is better but still lower than the 30 it's supposed to be.) Lady also recommends "a concerted effort to lose 20 pounds in the next 6 months." Which is of course always on my to-do list. I just googled quickly and it looks like all the major natural sources of vitamin D aren't vegan? Bummer.

Breathing test and whatever else the weirdest machine in the world measured came back normal, with the caveat that I'd used an inhaler that morning (only half the recommended dose because apparently Student Health messed up). Also based on my description of the Great Plague of 2015, she seems to think it was Lemierre's Syndrome. Not all the symptoms match up and I definitely remember the doctors saying I wasn't responding to antibiotics but okay. Other bloodwork came back normal. And apparently I misunderstood her: she thinks I developed asthma as a result of the current bullshit, not the plague last year. And said she's not sure if it's going to be a chronic issue for me so that's a good thing? ish? Low vitamin D and the acid reflux I've been ignoring can also exacerbate asthma so basically I have to fix a bunch of things if I want to not deal with this anymore. Yay.

We get out of work at 1 today yay. I'm not cooking myself a Thanksgiving dinner but I'm probably going to attempt grocery shopping anyway. Pray for me.

Arrrrrgh there was something else I was going to say in relation to the asthma thing but I forgot it. Boo. Oh right. Yesterday I started worrying that I had diabetes. Because why not. (Actually it's been a concern in the back of my mind between my weight, the PCOS, and my general super shitty diet.) I've been feeling weirdly like, shaky and jittery and a little light-headed in the morning, like an hour or so after eating breakfast which of course is usually something in the bread family. Assumed it was a sugar/carb thing, but the pulmonologist tested my blood sugar along with everything else and I accidentally fasted by not having time for breakfast that morning and it was only 84 so yay at least there's that. It's possible there are still too many carbs in my life regardless but at least I'm not diabetic. I may have to start having eggs for breakfast a few days a week or something or trying tofu scrambles and shit. Or just cooking regular food and eating the leftovers for breakfast. I'd been hesitant about tofu because of the soy affecting estrogen stuff but the gynecologist said it's not really a thing so I may just have to suck it up and cook like a grownup. Gross.

I could keep babbling about nothing but I guess I should go do something actually work-related in the next hour and a half. Maybe.

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Acid reflux sucks. As long as I eat greens and/or veggies in sufficient amounts, I don't have problems. The sufficient amount changes depending on what else I eat; if I eat a lot of food that makes me go acid reflux, I need to eat more greens and vise versa.

• Like 1

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

I used to get heartburn a lot, but cleaning up my diet helped and I almost never get it anymore. Bad heartburn runs in my family. It sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Yeah my diet is clearly not helping me here. I started getting the acid reflux after getting out of the hospital last year and it was pretty bad, then I thought it got better but maybe I just got used to it instead. Chugging coffee is for sure not helping. One more addition to the already huge list of reasons to lose weight and clean up my act, I guess. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

lololol it just occured to me that my high school reunion is currently taking place 500 miles away while I'm sitting around my pajamas eating ice cream and reading gay fanfiction. And probably going to bed in the next half hour. And I am 100% okay with that.

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

lololol it just occured to me that my high school reunion is currently taking place 500 miles away while I'm sitting around my pajamas eating ice cream and reading gay fanfiction. And probably going to bed in the next half hour. And I am 100% okay with that.

Haha awesome. That makes me realise, I guess I missed my reunion? If they do a 10 year one? And I too am 100% okay with that =P 

Hahaha they posted a group photo and I recognize faces but can't actually name anyone. My class was only 177 people. 

4 hours ago, Owlet said:

Haha awesome. That makes me realise, I guess I missed my reunion? If they do a 10 year one? And I too am 100% okay with that =P 

This was my 10 year. I think here they're supposed to be every 5? Idk how often it actually happens since it falls to the class president to organize and I'm sure some people fail at it. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Sorry to hear about the vitamin D insufficiency. On the plus side you've been looking for a big reason behind your diet/exercise goals, so maybe this is it? Like, it gives you a reason to do these things rather than "just coz"?

• Like 2

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

6 hours ago, Jarric said:

Sorry to hear about the vitamin D insufficiency. On the plus side you've been looking for a big reason behind your diet/exercise goals, so maybe this is it? Like, it gives you a reason to do these things rather than "just coz"?

Yeahhh. I'm starting to get tired of collecting ailments where the common message is "well it will get better if you lose weight." 

5 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Hey, friend. I just explain to someone what Ace is. And then, I told him that they are like thestrals. Weird metaphor. But it made me think of you.

Happy Thanksgiving. LGBTQ acceptance and education hug!

You are a fabulous dork. Hugs!

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Did I say that I was going to get one of my two papers done this weekend? Because they're due the 5th and the 8th?

65268469.jpg

(Okay 10 and 13. But still.) 

Honestly I'm tempted to start watching the Gilmore Girls revival even though I never watched the original, just because one of the guys from Supernatural is in it. Also I'm hella slacking because for my class on Monday we're supposed to read a 217-page book but there's only one copy at the library and someone checked it out. It was not on the list of required books to buy and it was supposed to be at the reserve desk, meaning you have two hours to read it on campus. It wasn't there, obviously, and there's no free or even reasonably-priced e-book so I just don't care. Also the same book is listed as "suggested further reading" on the syllabus so whatever. Sorry, professor lady. 

I really should do some work on one of those papers. I was halfway counting on getting to do them at work since I've had nothing substantial to do since before Halloween but of course on Wednesday someone on my team told me the next two weeks are going to be crazy. And surprise, some of the stuff they're scrambling to do now is stuff I could have been doing all along. I realize they're paying me to do work for them and not my homework so it's not like I can complain much, but it's also hella frustrating that for a month I asked several people if there was anything I could do and they said no, they were all set. And now there are THREE major events that they're scrambling to get finished and I'm supposed to be doing things for all three. At once. 

Right. So I'm going to go be productive by coming up with my next challenge and an unrelated grocery list and just pretend that papers aren't a thing.

ETA: Fuck, the new forums are up? I'm not ready. D:

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I wanted to thank you for mentioning Mr. Money Mustache. I've been reading through the blog lately and it is getting me back into thinking about my finances and figuring them out. :3

3 hours ago, Dagger said:

I wanted to thank you for mentioning Mr. Money Mustache. I've been reading through the blog lately and it is getting me back into thinking about my finances and figuring them out. :3

Wasn't me. Totally @NeverThatBored. I need to go read it too though. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

6 hours ago, fleaball said:

Wasn't me. Totally @NeverThatBored. I need to go read it too though. 

Well, I read it here on your battle log. In either case, thanks. :)

still have not gotten started on a paper yet. And one is due a week from tomorrow. x_x I've wanted to get started, but I spent most of yesterday doing my assignment for the 10-hour a week virtual internship I have. And it turns out they can't balance for shit. I had an entire week to caption a 90-second video and a second entire week to review someone else's 90-second video and make edits to mine. And now we have a week to go through the websites and social media pages for various embassies/consulates we've been assigned and take down information for every single video they've ever posted that doesn't have captions. Which is hella obnoxious and time-consuming and really not fun. But I've got to get that done first because while I may be able to steal time at work for papers, I really can't be spending hours on YouTube. Blarrrrrrgh.

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi