Battle Kitten: Ascension

3 hours ago, Owlet said:

I mean, I just cried in my car all the way to work because I swiped someone's car with my wing mirror in traffic, and that's nothing compared to the amount of bullshit you're dealing with. So screw cliches, you've earned that cry. I'm honestly amazed at the utter uselessness of Lyft. 

Didn’t cry, just talked to myself a lot and started driving. I’m an ugly crier so it’s probably for the best. Maybe I’ll cry when I get home and start thinking about how early I have to get up to drop off this car. 

The maintenance guy I talked to said he usually bypasses the wait for authorization by going directly to the Hertz regional manager instead of waiting for the asshat at the store who works with Lyft. Sometimes still means waiting, but usually much faster according to him. So there’s still a chance they’d have to keep it overnight if they don’t get the authorization early enough. Raaaaaage. I could attempt to swap it out for a new one but at this point I’d rather keep it because I know what the issues are than get a new one and risk going through all this again. 

Today has been a decent day so far. I’m on track to meet my goal sooner than I expected so that means I can get a head start on tomorrow’s and hopefully mitigate the damage from bringing it to the shop. 

Cross your fingers for me. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

PS: obligatory apology for not keeping up with people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

30 minutes ago, fleaball said:

PS: obligatory apology for not keeping up with people. 

Those of us who have noticed your absence are also aware that you are busy and have good reason. ;) No need to apologize. 

On a completely unrelated note, asking here because lots of people frequent: is the spoiler button gone for everyone, or just me? 

1 hour ago, Wobbegong said:

Those of us who have noticed your absence are also aware that you are busy and have good reason. ;) No need to apologize. 

On a completely unrelated note, asking here because lots of people frequent: is the spoiler button gone for everyone, or just me? 

I'm not seeing it either. There must have been a minor update that moved it.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

lulz, tweeted at Uber to find out how to report their driver who almost hit me (just what I fucking need) and they're avoiding me. Can't say I'm surprised. Pretty sure whoever's manning the account has no idea what they're doing. First they said "due to our privacy policy we can only speak with the passenger" then they deleted that and were like "we take this very seriously, please DM us your email address." Which I did, and they read 45 minutes ago but haven't responded at all. (eta: I just sent them the whole story via DM. Zero fucks given. I expect nothing to come of it but I tried.0)

So anyway, I wound up being 2 rides shy of my goal of 21 because I got a handful of long rides and a few that ended in slow areas so I had to drive around til I got the next one. Whatevs, it was good for a Tuesday. I'll make it up over the weekend if not during the week; they've already sent out bonus notifications for basically all day Saturday and Sunday so I'm guessing it will be decent. (Also if anyone is confused: at 85, 105, and 125 rides per week you get credit toward the cost of the rental, with 125 covering it fully. So I care a lot more about the number of rides I get than the earnings per ride.) I could have stayed out longer but I was closeish to my house after my last ride and the rain and wind started picking up so no thanks.

I really should be going to bed immediately because I have to drop the car off at 8am, but I'm still in awake mode and want to do all the things. Even though I'm sleepy. Also trying to decide whether to uber/Lyft back from the shop in the morning (because ugh money) or walk the 2.4 miles back. It should be nice out, but I could also go back to sleep if I get a ride. Hmm.

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Got 3 hours of sleep. Dropped off the car. Hella anxious. Lack of sleep + who the fuck knows when/if I’ll get it back? Probably. Also one of the cats barfed in my room and I’m not pleased. Now I’m waiting in the cold for a Lyft to go home and I’m so fucking grumpy. I’ll attempt to sleep a little more and then apply for jobs. There are 3 on my to do list even though the pay is probably crap. :/ 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 12/6/2017 at 12:09 PM, Wobbegong said:

I reached out to Brittany and it looks like she was able to get it put back. Success! 

I was just about to comment I had posted yesterday with it so didn't notice it missing...

Oddness, I went to type this in the editor and a old post from January of this year popped up like it had saved :rolleyes: I specifically remember posting it (was the whole "77" vs "69" convo :lol:

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Just had a whiny manbaby for a passenger who got pissed at me for his mistake. And then seemed even more pissed when I responded to his apology with “thank you” instead of “it’s okay.” Repeatedly. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

The assholes are out tonight y’all. First ride of the day: two-way street that’s barely wide enough for one car. I’m driving down, almost at the end with two cars behind me, dude decides to pull in and make everyone back up and find somewhere to get out of the way so he can go by. In the meantime other cars hang out behind him so it’s just a clusterfuck. 

Then the asshole passenger. 

Just now the dude in front of me stops suddenly and starts backing up. Yells out his window that he wants to parallel park even though it’s a no parking zone. (lol Boston) I yell back that he needs to pull up  because he’s too close for me to go around and again, there are people behind me so I can’t back up. He decides to just back up until he’s about an inch from my bumper. Ignores the chorus of people beeping around us and the one guy who yelled at him as he passed. And literally just puts his car in park. There’s nowhere I can go because I have to back out to get away but people keep pulling up behind me before they realize asshole isn’t going anywhere. I finally get out, wind up driving around the block because I just want a parking space so I can get Panera, and after all that the fucking jackass found himself a different spot to pull into. 

I just want to scream. I am so fucking over this gig. It’s still better then working retail for Christmas but only just. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

12 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I finally get out, wind up driving around the block because I just want a parking space so I can get Panera, and after all that the fucking jackass found himself a different spot to pull into. 

I hope you keyed his car after all that. >.< 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

2 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I hope you keyed his car after all that. >.< 

The urge was strong. Luckily for him I was on a mission to get my damn Panera. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Aaaand I had my first drunk puker. Hear unpleasant noises in the backseat, say “uhhhh I think I should pull over.” Dude’s girlfriend is like “no he’s fine.” Other girl in the backseat is like “NOPE PULL OVER.” Ended well enough, because if he had puked in my car I would have just abandoned it on the side of the road and walked home. Probably didn’t end well for him though because he probably had alcohol poisoning, and I dropped him off at his dorm and there was zero chance of him getting past security. Womp. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

We’re supposed to get 6 inches of snow tomorrow. So much for my plan of driving all day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

13 hours ago, fleaball said:

Probably didn’t end well for him though because he probably had alcohol poisoning, and I dropped him off at his dorm and there was zero chance of him getting past security. Womp. 

I am flashing back to my days as a resident assistant... hopefully his school's security is prepared to recognize and respond to people in that situation and he got through the night ok. Sorry he was your problem for any part of it, though. 

2 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I am flashing back to my days as a resident assistant... hopefully his school's security is prepared to recognize and respond to people in that situation and he got through the night ok. Sorry he was your problem for any part of it, though. 

Yeah the other two girls in the car were juniors at the same school and after he got out they were talking about how he was never getting past the security desk and would likely get sent to the hospital in an ambulance, because that was a common thing and the school doesn’t play around. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Motherfucking balls. They just upgraded the severity of the storm. :/ And it’s supposed to be at its worst starting around 1pm. I’m gonna have to be out so late tonight to make up for it. 

Also, guess who doesn’t have snow boots OR a winter jacket?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Dear @Countess D'If and @Severine tonight I had a passenger doing his masters in opera. We talked musicals and I was once again chastised for not liking Colm Wilkinson. Thought you should know. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

30 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

ERMAGERD!!!! also Colm Wilkinson

Annie-annie-edison-29189925-500-260.gif

The two seconds where they made fun of him in Spamalot basically made my life. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

This is my nightmare. It’s not worth driving because side roads are currently too shitty and will only get worse. My father is also not going out anywhere. I am trapped in the house with him and apparently also my brother who doesn’t seem to be working today. There is nowhere I can escape to so I’m going to wind up hiding in my room all day with super high anxiety and nothing I can do about it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I need to get up early and spend as much time as possible driving because Sundays are slow. So of course I’ve been in bed for hours and it’s 4:38 and I’m still awake. Yaaaaay. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Got that transcription job. I'm not excited about it, I'm not proud of myself for it, I'm not having any kind of proper reaction to it. Just "great, one more thing to keep track of." This is fun.

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Just now, fleaball said:

Got that transcription job. I'm not excited about it, I'm not proud of myself for it, I'm not having any kind of proper reaction to it. Just "great, one more thing to keep track of." This is fun.

Well I'm proud of you. You don't have to be excited, but every dollar helps, right? And at least you don't have to deal too much with people. 

• Like 2