Battle Kitten: Ascension

12 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Too bad you aren't getting second interviews with SVPs that could lead to a job that will let you move out...

Wait.

All appendages are crossed. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

“I assume you’d like me to drive you to the dentist on Monday?”

”yeah if you don’t mind. I’ll pay you, of course. WAIT. What are you gonna do about a car if you get a job? You can’t keep the Lyft car if you’re not doing it?”

”I’ll walk a lot.”

I swear his face just crumbled when he realized I wouldn’t be around to chauffeur him all the time. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Welcome to reality.  It's about way past time he starts figuring out he is not always going to have someone to hold his hand and walk him through life

• Like 6
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Aaaaand I just spent an hour and a half helping this asshole get reasonable health insurance for next year, because when he turned 26 my mother signed him up for a goddamn catastrophic plan because she knew better than everyone and he missed the deadline to change it last year because he knew better than me.

So now it’s 2:30 am and I wanted to be in bed years ago. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

“I assume you’d like me to drive you to the dentist on Monday?”

”yeah if you don’t mind. I’ll pay you, of course. WAIT. What are you gonna do about a car if you get a job? You can’t keep the Lyft car if you’re not doing it?”

”I’ll walk a lot.”

I swear his face just crumbled when he realized I wouldn’t be around to chauffeur him all the time. 

The moment where your brother suddenly understands the most important aspect of your job search: how it will affect him  :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, fleaball said:

Aaaaand I just spent an hour and a half helping this asshole get reasonable health insurance for next year, because when he turned 26 my mother signed him up for a goddamn catastrophic plan because she knew better than everyone and he missed the deadline to change it last year because he knew better than me.

So now it’s 2:30 am and I wanted to be in bed years ago. 

It was nice of you to help him out. I hope he appreciates it and uses the better health plan to take better care of himself.

• Like 6

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

18 minutes ago, Severine said:

It was nice of you to help him out. I hope he appreciates it and uses the better health plan to take better care of himself.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

16 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Welcome to reality.  It's about way past time he starts figuring out he is not always going to have someone to hold his hand and walk him through life

7 hours ago, Severine said:

The moment where your brother suddenly understands the most important aspect of your job search: how it will affect him  :rolleyes:

Yuuup! He was like "wait, what about Mom's car?" He's still fishing for me to be able to cart him around when I'm off, I guess?

Fun fact: my mother's car has been sitting in the driveway since she died, currently has a dead battery, and my father keeps talking about selling to a coworker with a teenage son but he lost the goddamn keys so that's all on hold right now. But no, I can't drive that or my father's car because he won't call the insurance company and tell them I exist. Because when he called last year to take my mother off the policy the guy he spoke to was like "look, this conversation never happened, okay? Because if I take her off then your rates are going to skyrocket." Because he's been in several accidents over the years, and has to have the maximum coverage on everything for his job. So he won't call to add me for fear of them asking about my mother. Hooray!

7 hours ago, Severine said:

I asked if the ridiculous cost was why he wasn't going to the doctor and he was like "wellll, kinda, but also I don't want to leave the house because anxiety." So mayyyybe it'll get him somewhere. Unlikely, but I know I've removed the biggest obstacle that I can and now it's on him to get his shit together since I can't magically make the anxiety go away.

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

giphy.gif

accurate.

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I told him last night that he needs to call his current insurance company today and figure out how to not get autorenewed for next year. It’s 7:30pm, he just woke up, and when I reminded him to do it he said “I can’t make a phone call right now. I’m tired and my anxiety has been getting worse.” 

What the fuck did I stay up an extra hour and a half for last night if he’s just going to continue fucking up his own shit?

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

14 hours ago, fleaball said:

I told him last night that he needs to call his current insurance company today and figure out how to not get autorenewed for next year. It’s 7:30pm, he just woke up, and when I reminded him to do it he said “I can’t make a phone call right now. I’m tired and my anxiety has been getting worse.” 

What the fuck did I stay up an extra hour and a half for last night if he’s just going to continue fucking up his own shit?

It's like when you have a sore throat, and it hurts when you swallow, but you keep swallowing just to see if it's gonna hurt the next time. You know it hasn't healed, but you keep holding out hope it will instantly get better.

Your brother is the sore throat, and you trying to help him is swallowing. ;) 

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Severine said:

Ready for tomorrow? Sending all the good luck vibes.

Ehhhhhh. I got the shirt I wanted but I’m going to try it on again in a minute because I’m suddenly paranoid it won’t fit. Have to iron the pants and jacket again after last week. Idk if I’m just in a mood right now or what but it feels like I’m waiting for something to go horribly wrong? I’m not nervous and I don’t think I’m going to bomb the interview. There’s just this overwhelming sense of anxiety about it, but it’s less the nervous energy kind of anxiety and more the dread kind. Hooray!

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

13 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Ehhhhhh. I got the shirt I wanted but I’m going to try it on again in a minute because I’m suddenly paranoid it won’t fit. Have to iron the pants and jacket again after last week. Idk if I’m just in a mood right now or what but it feels like I’m waiting for something to go horribly wrong? I’m not nervous and I don’t think I’m going to bomb the interview. There’s just this overwhelming sense of anxiety about it, but it’s less the nervous energy kind of anxiety and more the dread kind. Hooray!

For some reason it won’t let me edit my post rn but I forgot to say: I know everything is going to be fine tomorrow. I’ve already interviewed with 5 people who clearly think I can handle it, there’s no reason for the next 3 to be any different. The anxiety could be just general fear of change if I get the job, super premature worry about money and moving out since my brain works a million steps ahead, blah feelings that if I don’t get the job I have to keep doing Lyft and keeping the shitty car that I hate... or anything else. Or just “Flea is tired and cranky ergo everything is terrible.” So I'm not even worried about the anxiety, just kind of annoyed that it exists when I don’t feel like I need to be anxious about anything. 

So I’m gonna try on that stupid shirt, make some tea, and get to bed at a reasonable time. I’ll probably feel better tomorrow once I’ve ironed my shit and can put away the ironing board too. 

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I’m supposed to leave in an hour and a half and I really don’t want to get out of bed. Whee. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

25 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I’m supposed to leave in an hour and a half and I really don’t want to get out of bed. Whee. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL3KIxAeE7KdpLlpsC-iO

Do the thing! We're all cheering for you. I'm sorry you feel blah but once you're there you can basically run on autopilot and all will be well and they will like you because you are awesome.

• Like 3

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21

8 minutes ago, Severine said:

Do the thing! We're all cheering for you. I'm sorry you feel blah but once you're there you can basically run on autopilot and all will be well and they will like you because you are awesome.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

The stupid blazer I bought last week has shoulder pads? Bitch if I’m wearing a 3x what the fuck makes you think I need any extra padding???

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

12 minutes ago, fleaball said:

The stupid blazer I bought last week has shoulder pads? Bitch if I’m wearing a 3x what the fuck makes you think I need any extra padding???

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c192e916c42343149

I cut those things out right when I get home from the store.

• Like 4

Blaaaaaah they’re not making a decision til after the holidays. At least two more weeks of Lyfting for me. :(

• Sad 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, Owlet said:

You did the thing! Lame you have to wait to find out but at least you don't have to wear stupid formal clothes for the next 2 weeks :D Well done!

Time to go on a crash diet so I can buy smaller clothes before I get the job!

...kidding. 

...but also wishful thinking. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi