great-hunt-art-1024x952.jpg

The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.

For centuries, gleemen have told of The Great Hunt of the Horn. Now the Horn itself is found: the Horn of Valere long thought only legend, the Horn which will raise the dead heroes of the ages.

And it is stolen.

And so we begin. Book II. In which a powerful relic is lost, and a powerful enemy is found.

The last challenge went really well. A lot of things that I didn't expect to go right went... well, right. It's a series of facts and such that, to be honest, change a lot of things.

I know now that I will be able to afford to travel and do the GoRuck in Boston. I know now that this training has a purpose, and a reason beyond fighting the entropy of long, long sits. And, as one might expect, however, there were complications attached to this - a change in the time I get up, and a change in my schedule, and a change in my training, and as such a change in my diet.

In other words, I found something, only to lose a bunch of other things. Not really a big deal, because I can find those things again - I've done it before - but it sure does seem to fit the tone of the book, so here I go. :D

tumblr_ntl6ae7P2H1us1h4eo1_500.jpg

Always something new, always something I didn't expect, and sometimes it isn't horrible.

Poor Rand. He learned in the last book that he is a wielder of saidin, the tainted, masculine half of the One Power. He is marked as a doer of sorcerous deeds, doomed to madness and the worst death. But there is more to it than he knows, more than he can even accept...

The Rand part of this challenge is to search for the new routine. Once it is found, I must do the new routine. This may sound like something that has a lot of the challenge as a whole wrapped up in it, but the truth is, it's really just about adjusting to a new schedule. Part of that means making the new schedule, and although I have it made up, it's not really complete yet. It will change again in a couple of weeks, once I begin the new job and see what there is to see.

At present, mornings are devoted to meditation, prayer, postural practice and stretching, and handstands. I've altered the handstand training so that I'm not doing hollow-body work directly anymore. There's just no time if I mean to do this more days than not, and honestly, getting myself to the point where I'm standing in a perfect handstand will do all the same things anyway. So, what I'm doing at this point is dropping my time back down and bringing myself closer to the wall, to learn to control my kick-up and to get more used to the idea of full body tension as a straight line.

Midday work will be about skill practice with the uchikomi, and shadowboxing. Maybe some skipping rope - wouldn't be hard to bring that along, but don't quite know where to fit it.

Nighttime is Perrin's problem.

eb42ba546de2a547b67435a0e9c7c45e.jpg

I will wager two silver marks to two from each of you that I can beat both of you at once, just the way I said. You can't have fairer odds than that. There are two of you, and one of me, so two to one are fair odds.

Mat, of course, has his own problems. He picked up an evil artifact in the last book, and it is slowly killing him. The good news, though, is that he will lose this dagger and regain his life. The bad news is that his troubles are only getting started.

Part of his recovery is that he has to eat. He is surprised at how much he ends up having to eat, how much the Healing of his wounds costs him. Likewise, it is the same with me. I have been stuck at a plateau for the past three months in terms of shedding fat and getting lean, and this has been a function of a mismatch between my body's demands and my meeting them. Fortunately, I am back on familiar ground with me being mostly sedentary again. Unfortunately, I'm me, and I'm always keen to experiment with things.

On days when I'm just doing handstands and S&S, I am dropping carbs and calories down low - 50-100g for CHO, about 1650+ total intake. I will be saving my carbs for the end of the day to help me feel full and satisfied. On days when I'm formally training, I will reverse everything - 30-50g of Fat, about 1950 calories for total intake. This is simply for now - if I get hangry, or if I feel like my energy is super-stinkin' low, I reserve the right to adjust.

I also refuse to deny myself the pleasures of company - hence me being so low and hard on myself. Just in the past week, I've had three glasses of champagne, homemade BLT, and junk food. Please, please don't be afraid for me. I promise, it is unwarranted. And also I think my mother is going to sabotage me - I mentioned that I wanted to see if I could go lower safely and she said she didn't think I had much left to lose. I assured her that I'm being safe - and I am, really - but I doubt she believes me. Now I get to have that problem that all the other Nerds have when they live at home. Yaaaay.

0061-POST-013-2.jpg?1425892371

A young wolfhound must meet his first wolf someday, but if the wolf sees him as a puppy, if he acts the puppy, the wolf will surely kill him. The wolfhound must be a wolfhound in the wolf's eyes even more than in his own, if he is to survive.

And what to say of Perrin? Poor man. He hears wolves in his thoughts. It wasn't his choice, but whether he likes it or not he too is being dragged along by virtue of who he is in the Pattern. But it's more than that too - he made a vicious axe, and he is strong with it, but it makes him sick inside and he knows not who he is.

Perrin's challenge for me is all about iron - every day that I can, I want to be touching the iron. It can be S&S, or it can be strength training, but in either event it is possible to do something every day. It's a very simple, straightforward way of doing things... but that doesn't mean easy.

loail123s_by_chevronlowery-d94fis8.jpg

I've stayed with you long enough, Rand. Why would I stop now? You see, I like you. I would like you even if you weren't ta'veren. Maybe I like you despite it. You do seem to get me neck-deep in hot water. In any case, I'm going with you. And I don't think you can really stop me.

And at last we come to one of my favorite characters. Loial is an ogier, a gentle giant of the forest. He loves trees and growing things, but he also loves to read. He's traveling with everyone because he wants to see the world, although he didn't get permission to leave home before taking off on this adventure.

But in addition to being a kind young man of 90 years, he's also a writer. He wants to chronicle the events as they unfold. He knows that being around people who literally warp reality as they go is bound to change things, and he wants to write that story.

You can see where this is going. Read the next book, yes, but also write and work on my own thing. @erosan challenged me in @Starpuck's thread to write a more ethically nuanced take on the themes of Star Wars and like an idiot, I accepted that challenge. Unlike an idiot, I seem to have stumbled on some wonderfully gray ways to explore those ideas and to tie together a bunch of things that I never thought I could into a single project.

Read and write. Read and write.

I think that about does it for this round. As usual, it looks like much, but it is not really.

Let the Dragon ride again upon the Winds of Time...

• Like 8
9 hours ago, Kishi said:

@erosan challenged me in @Starpuck's thread to write a more ethically nuanced take on the themes of Star Wars and like an idiot, I accepted that challenge. Unlike an idiot, I seem to have stumbled on some wonderfully gray ways to explore those ideas and to tie together a bunch of things that I never thought I could into a single project.

Now this is intriguing...

• Like 1

"You are what you do. Choose again, and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

Challenges

109 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 |

Wee, here!   And, spoiler alert, Starpuck herself, over these next challenges, may be finding a more middle ground in her ways. ;)    Then I must have @BlackTezca make a grey jedi version of me.   And we can pose together!

• Like 2

Level 70 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

WHOAAAA! hey I love this challenge. so excite.

40 minutes ago, ironmeg said:

Ahhhh spoilers! I'm in the middle of the first book.

I'm glad the first challenge went so well for you though :)

heh, yeah, I have been meaning to re-read the books (I was reading them in the 90s and can't remember a thing now!) so I scrolled really quick.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

OMG your writing goal inspired me to find this on the internet. I was like: "oh, what happens when one searches for 'star wars doge?'" THIS BRILLIANCE.

13c5fc83ad03840c65d25eb23e3e6768.jpg

• Like 2

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Wee, here!   And, spoiler alert, Starpuck herself, over these next challenges, may be finding a more middle ground in her ways. ;)    Then I must have @BlackTezca make a grey jedi version of me.   And we can pose together!

You rang?  I need to get on the art train!

Also!  While I'm still on the fence about making a challenge this time around, I am here for this!!

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

On 6/8/2016 at 0:10 AM, Urgan said:

HERE FOR THIS. 

GLAD YOU'RE HERE

On 6/8/2016 at 0:13 AM, erosan said:

Following!

Grateful!

3 hours ago, BlackTezca said:

Also!  While I'm still on the fence about making a challenge this time around, I am here for this!!

tumblr_loljhrg19b1r06vu5o1_500.gif

15 hours ago, ironmeg said:

Ahhhh spoilers! I'm in the middle of the first book.

I'm glad the first challenge went so well for you though :)

15 hours ago, karinajean said:

WHOAAAA! hey I love this challenge. so excite.

heh, yeah, I have been meaning to re-read the books (I was reading them in the 90s and can't remember a thing now!) so I scrolled really quick.

Ah, yeah. Sorry about that, ladies. Unfortunately, as we go forward, it's going to get worse instead of better.(the spoilers I mean. The books get awesome).

15 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Go for it. After all...

giphy.gif

:P

10 hours ago, Teirin said:

Awesome news confirming that you can do the Boston trip :-) 

Admittedly, I frowned when you were mentioning cutting calories more but stopped once you added the extras.

Well, the money will definitely be there to make this happen. At this point it's a matter of figuring out if I can swing the time off. A couple days shouldn't be a problem, I would think...

Yeah, I don't blame you. Basically I'm just trying to dial my diet in further and let it do what its supposed to do.

10 hours ago, Teirin said:

Oooh, more nuanced ethics in Star Wars themes?  Interesting.

17 hours ago, Kyellan said:

Now this is intriguing...

Yup! That's the idea. I don't feel right tipping my hand just yet but I've come up with some neatly gritty sci-fantasy equivalents to the Force and am engaged in some pretty steady worldbuilding. io9 ran a series of articles that's proven to be rather useful.

Rand: 0.5/1

Mat: 1/1

Perrin: 1/1

Loial: 12%; 1/1

So right now in the prechallenge period I'm basically running a shakedown on everything to see if it all works. I've learned that Monday is more open than I thought, as is Tuesday, which means that I can breathe a little easier. That said, I waited until today to start doing strength work. I did both S&S and the strength work, and I'm pleased to say that as far as I can tell my times are lowering on S&S on their own without me necessarily pushing aggressively for them. That's a good sign.

Today, my schedule was kind of off. I got a call that I needed to come down to DDS to get my photo taken for ID, and I didn't really sleep last night - got wound up over something on FB. So I stumbled out of bed, skipped handstands, and later skipped working on my hands/forearms in favor of saving time.

Work was good, though noneventful. The most eventful part of my day was the girl who showed up at the gym. After having worked out, I know three things about her - one, she likes to lift; two, she has good taste in music, as I could hear from her earbuds, which were in her ears; three, she ain't there to mess around.

Neither was I.

Warmed Up

Decline Archer Push Ups: 3x8,6,6

Dips: 3x6

Squats: 3x6,8,10x146,136,127

Hopping Pull Ups: 3x2,1,1

ABZ

Cooldown

Again, not much to report. Had to do the whole thing from memory since I left my notebook at home and just went straight to gym from work. I've also decided that I'm going to move my projected 1RMs by five pounds or so, see what that does to the lifting numbers, and then match my progression to those numbers. So, at 145 for 6, it's a projected 1RM of 170; 175 yields 148.75 for 6, and so on down the line. I refuse to advance farther than a pound a day, but it'll help me to keep all the ducks in a row this way.

And yeah. Rice and sweet potatoes. Dinner of champions.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ladylydia said:

I love spoilers, spoil away. 

Then you shall have them. :)

4 hours ago, Pat G said:

Hey man. following.

Well, hello there! Thanks for stopping by!

"Well, the sword that could not be broken was shattered in the end, sheepherder, but it fought the shadow to the last. There is one rule, above all others, for being a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet."

Rand: 1.5/2

Mat: 2/2

Perrin: 2/2

Loial: 19%; 2/2

Guh. Long day. Body decided it only needed 6 hours of sleep. Body is dumb.

I didn't do much with today beyond reading and writing. I've made a decision that I'm going to stop the extra core work for now. Going to bed last night, I felt a tinge in my psoas and my back felt very weak. If I'm going to squat and deadlift, I can't afford weakness in either my hips or my back - there's enough risk there even when doing the lifts right. I think I'm going to take a page from Pavel and just lift with my abs braced really, really hard.

Did handstands today. Was pleasantly surprised when I kicked up to the wall on my second stand and landed light as a feather. Good. Body is learning control.

Went out to play with Warmachine some more and managed to buy enough units to mass a proper force of 25 points. Lots of tiny, individual hero units, and not so many Jacks (mechs), simply because those models exceed my budget for play expenses. For now. But, yeah, if I mean to field the full thing in combat next week, I'mma have to get them all put together. That'll be fun.

Came back and did S&S. Got a hair, so decided to play with two bells on the swings like I used to do - the 35 and 53. And honestly? Damn, y'all. Hinge did it, and hinge didn't hurt, but my hamstrings were fried afterward. I'd forgot how much effort those take. Did the get ups, same weight/dosage as before, and found that I only added a minute to my total time, which is interesting. I wonder if it was really just a matter of me being fatigued from yesterday or what.

After that, worked on my hands. Threw out doing longer sets of FTPU's to warm up because that shit takes forever. Also, it doesn't make sense - you use the previous two progressions at 10-15 reps to warm up when you would have just been practicing them at 3-5 reps a piece. On the other hand, entering into them without warming up proved painful. I noticed that on the second set of push ups that my fingers were just fine, which leads me to conclude that there may be some merit in shorter warmups rather than longer.

Something to play with next week.

Anyway, not much else to report at this point. Making peace with the fact that I'm going to have to be an early-to-bed kind of guy if I want to make everything work, and that's gonna grind against what a lot of people are going to want of me. Well. They're gonna have to deal with it.

• Like 4

i found you! love the challenge theme - recently read the first couple books and should try to find the rest. the audiobooks were really good! i can hear Loail's voice in my head. i swear it's not a bad thing!

that would be super great fantastic if you made it up to boston. i am considering doing the go ruck but it might just be a bit much for me. i know if i shadowed though i'd just wish i was doing it. so i might do the fenway spartan and just come see you guys for post ruck meets before you all pass out :D 

i hear you on the early to bed person. that's me on the weeknights and my friends have all gotten used to it and are still my friends. so, you got this!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i found you! love the challenge theme - recently read the first couple books and should try to find the rest. the audiobooks were really good! i can hear Loail's voice in my head. i swear it's not a bad thing!

No worries! Hearing voices in your head is par for the course in this series. Totally normal. Really. :D

that would be super great fantastic if you made it up to boston. i am considering doing the go ruck but it might just be a bit much for me. i know if i shadowed though i'd just wish i was doing it. so i might do the fenway spartan and just come see you guys for post ruck meets before you all pass out :D 

Oh, I don't know if I'll be up to it either. There's no such thing as being ready for this kind of work. You just... do what's in front of you and when that thing's done you go on to the next.

Man, but that lack of sleep though...

i hear you on the early to bed person. that's me on the weeknights and my friends have all gotten used to it and are still my friends. so, you got this!

Yeah. It's just some dramatic peeps in my life that I gotta watch. Things are not quite like they used to be, I'm afraid. ^_^;

“Why are you talking to me like this, Mother?” he asked. “You should be gentling me.”

The Amyrlin Seat frowned and turned to Moiraine. “Did Lan teach him this?”

“No, Mother. He had it from Tam al'Thor.”

“Why?” Rand demanded again.

The Amyrlin Seat looked him straight in the eye and said, “Because you are the Dragon Reborn.”

The void rocked. The world rocked. Everything seemed to spin around him. He concentrated on nothing, and the emptiness returned, the world steadied. “No, Mother. I can channel, the Light help me but I am not Raolin Darksbane, nor Guaire Amalasan, nor Yurian Stonebow. You can gentle me, or kill me, or let me go, but I will not be a tame false Dragon on a Tar Valon leash.”

Oh, Rand. Don't you understand that The Call Knows Where You Live?

Rand: 2.5/3

Mat: 3/3

Perrin: 3/3

Loial: 29%; 3/3

Whew! Good day today. Decided to start adjusting my training schedule to working time. I think MWF would work, assuming I got up early enough to get my grind on. MWSa is another possible alternative, I think. Fortunately, the gym is 24/7 with keycard access, so I have nothing to worry about as far as that schedule goes.

Practiced handstands, did my morning stuff, did my writing and so far I am just blazing through this book. Nothing to be cocky about, though: I had a good start last challenge too and it ended up coming down to the wire.

Although I realize too late that I actually messed Mat's thing up a little bit. Turns out, the dagger that's killing him was stolen, and it's still killing him. Oh well. I'm not changing the goal; man's gotta eat to keep up his strength. Hang in there, Mat!

Also managed to get two of my figures glued and on their bases. I'll have to paint these at some point and show 'em off.

Anyway, to ramble back to the original train of thought, I decided to go ahead and strength train today. Numbers are as follows:

Warmed Up

Pull Ups: 3x6

Eccentric Wall HSPU: 3x4,2,2

Deadlift: 3x6,8,10x171,160,150

Hanging Knee Raises: 3x9,9,8

Cooldown

Notes:

• Pull ups were not the hard jump I was afraid they'd be. Cool. That is according to plan, although I notice I have an easier time pulling with my lats on this move than I do with chin ups. i guess the biceps have too much advantage? Or maybe I wasn't concentrating enough before? I don't know. But felt it in my back, which is a good place to feel these things.
  • All right, so I gotta explain about the Wall HSPUs. So I decided to go at 1700 or so. Did you know that people use the gym at 1700 or so? It's true. And the room that has the plates I was using to set height was being used by a Les Mills Class. And I couldn't get in there to snag plates because, well, the ladies needed them. Wouldn't have been gentlemanly, see. So I'm thinking about how I'm going to attack this when the Little Voice says, "Dude. Do the eccentrics." And I'm like, "Are you sure? I'm. I dunno, I-" "Dude. Do the eccentrics." "But they, there'll be people. They'll be staring at me and my hairy, hairy belly. I-" "Dude. Do the eccentrics." "I... okay, okay, phew, Jesus, okay, I'mma do it." So I popped up against the wall and counted a four second eccentric contraction for some reps until I started to bow out from the wall. I couldn't go all the way down, but I was consistent with distance and time. About halfway through the first set, a lady walked by, took a look at me, and said, "Wow. You're really strong." And I mumbled something about not being able to go back up yet, but I didn't like the end of that, so I shouted thank you after her before she disappeared back into the class. Because I'm smooth like that. :D Anyway, I think I'm going to stick with these - the reps aren't as high yet, but I don't need special equipment to do them either.
  • Gotta admit, not really missing the extra ab work. Between deadlifts and hanging knee raises, I think my core is firing just fine. I was soaked in sweat by the end of it all too, even with A/C, even without shadowboxing and skipping rope between sets. Missed one rep in the second set, but it was a weird miss - lifted so hard that one of my feet left the ground and I had to step forward to save myself. No pain, no stiffness, no weakness here afterward. I think everything's okay.

The only downside about today is that I'm not going to be starting my drives so early as I'd like, but honestly I'm really far ahead of myself financially at this point anyway. It wouldn't be wise for me to not work tonight and tomorrow night, but honestly given how adapted to poverty I am, I think I can make the money stretch. At this point, it's about making things easier, and I am cool with that.

One other thing I think I'm going to have to do is drive on Friday and Saturday nights after work, at least for the first few weeks, up until the paycheck starts coming in. This is more for my financial peace of mind, but it will mean a delay in getting back to the dojo. And I'm going to have to figure out what training and eating looks like around this. I have a hunch that I'm going to have to fast on Fridays to get out as early as I want to to make as much money as I could. Conceptually, that doesn't bother me, but I've noticed eating 1650 on my non-gym days that I'm pretty hungry a lot of the time and I don't know if an impromptu fast would cause the body to freak out and burn muscle or what. I'm thinking, take Friday's lunch as a lunch rather than a training period so I don't freak the system out too hard; another option might be to take Sunday's meal with the folks as a cheat day just to balance out the week's energy consumption.

What a fun problem to have. :D

And... yeah. That's the score so far. So far so good. I feel like I'm doing well weight and body fat-wise, but, well, this isn't the first time I've felt good and got nowhere. But I'm getting stronger and feeling good.

• Like 2

He is born again! I feel him! The Dragon takes his first breath on the slope of Dragonmount! He is coming! He is coming! Light help us! Light help the world! He lies in the snow and cries like the thunder! He burns like the sun!

Rand: 3.5/4

Mat: 4/4

Perrin: 4/4

Loial: 31%; 4/4

Welp, gonna have to make this one quick.

Did postural work and prayed and meditated this morning. Also did handstands; times are advancing at one second per hold. Everything is moving right on schedule.

Went to dinner with the folks, which played merry havoc with my macros. So, before meal, I ran the PCC Century Test, as much as I could do - 40 squats, 30 push ups, 13 hanging knee raises out of a slated 20. Once I hit 20, I'm supposed to finish with 10 pull ups. Oh, and the whole thing has to be done in 8 minutes, but so far time hasn't proven to be a problem.

One thing that struck me was how much easier everything was since the last time I took this test. I don't think it was just a matter of numbers or anything like that - it was legit easier, and I found myself racing through the reps no problem at all.

Dinner was nachoes and guac and pizza and beer. After letting all of it settle, I ran S&S, this time with the one hand swings. Finished it off in 17:39, with no real change in perceived effort from last time, which means I shaved off about... 1:30 or so from my last time. A bit less than that.

Anyway, did it late, and I got a bit of the tonic effect going, so I'm going to use the energy to go give rides to drunken strangers and take their money. Should be fun. :D

• Like 1
21 hours ago, mightstone2k said:

Okay, Kishi, I have to ask. What Warmachine faction are you playing, and what models do you have for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play a Cygnar army right now, and it's the basic battlegroup for that faction. The Warcaster is Commander Coleman Stryker, who has a Squire attached to him. His Jacks are a Lancer, a Charger, and an Ironclad. I also field Captain Arlan Strangewayes to boost the effectiveness of the Jacks; the Black 13th Strike Force for high-powered, low cost shooting; and Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios for really nasty sniper/mage hunting work.

It's a squishy little force, but hopefully thorny enough to make a go of it for anyone who wants some. :D

Rand: 3.5/5

Mat: 4/5

Perrin: 4/5

Loial: 31%; 4/5

Whoops. That happened.

I ended up pulling a late night last night. Didn't get home 'til about 0400, didn't get to bed until 0515. Had to be up at 1100 for to go train some folks. I was hoping to go lift things today, but all my clothes were dirty and I put them all in the wash. Then the folks poured the wine and that was all she wrote, folks. Big cheatz today.

Not to the point of feeling sick, of course, but certainly no real training to speak of beyond little mini-exercise breaks to mitigate the trouble of eating like crap.

Ah well. I think this was somewhere in the cards for a while. Disappointed that I couldn't execute the mitigating things like I wanted to, but, eh. Them's the breaks sometimes.

Spent the night binge-watching the new Voltron series and eating like I was a little kid again. It was glorious.

• Like 1

I play a Cygnar army right now, and it's the basic battlegroup for that faction. The Warcaster is Commander Coleman Stryker, who has a Squire attached to him. His Jacks are a Lancer, a Charger, and an Ironclad. I also field Captain Arlan Strangewayes to boost the effectiveness of the Jacks; the Black 13th Strike Force for high-powered, low cost shooting; and Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios for really nasty sniper/mage hunting work.

It's a squishy little force, but hopefully thorny enough to make a go of it for anyone who wants some.

I used to be a Cygnar player myself. Stryker and Siege were my two favorite warcasters. You've got some pretty solid stuff in there. The B13, Squire, and Strangewayes were some of my first models too. If you ever get Stormblades - before Mk3 rolls out - I've got some tactics for them. Stryker + full 'blades was friggin' awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Battle Log

Lifetime Training Goals

2017 Goals

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Hee, the excerpts you are sharing make me want to read this.    But I have Star Wars things to read.   Speaking of!  Do you have any suggestions on that?   I've a lot of airport time and travel coming up, I should invest in a book! :)

Sounds like things are going well for you though, and that's awesome!!!

I hate when meals muck everything up though... that is me every. single. weekend.

• Like 2

Level 70 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81