• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

spezzy doesn't have a theme

Hiiii.  Going to keep short and simple.

giphy.gif

1) NUTRITION - I'm focusing on trying to lean out a bit. If the scale goes down, great. If it stays put and I lean out, that's great too.

• Log all food on myfitnesspal. (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/staciardison) Stick to cals and macros.
  • Protein shake + carbs during workout
  • Eat vegetables. Every day. Lots of them.
  • One YOLO meal a week, on deadlift day
  • Take vitamins / creatine consistently and at the right time of the day.

giphy.gif

2) SLEEP

• SLEEP. When home, electronics off by 11, ready to sleep by 11:45.
  • Get up by 8:30 every day even if tired. 
  • DO NOT use the snooze. Get up when the alarm goes off.

af82a3ddcb106ff8085853c314192c27.jpg

3) FITNESS

• Decide by end of week on next competition, adjust programming accordingly
  • FOLLOW THE PLAN / DO NOT SKIP ACCESSORY OR REHAB
  • Accumulate 30 mins stretching throughout the day every day.  This works better for me than doing it all at once.
  • Try a new yoga studio (still haven't found one I like here in Austin). At least one. 
  • Learn and work on yoga handstand progressions 10 min per day

4) MENTAL HEALTH

giphy.gif

• I want to try the meditating thing again. Goal is at least 10 minutes 4x per week.
  • 20 minute walk with the dog every day even if she doesn't want to. Preferably first thing in the morning before work if possible. It's coolest out then so she's more likely to enjoy it more then too.

5) LEVEL UP YOUR LIFE

Gangsta_c5ca4c_2174562.jpeg

• I am the person who is always late. I want to change that. Goal is 3-5 minutes EARLY for everything. 
  • Read every day. Fiction or non fiction. No minimum time, no maximum time.

Progress Tracker:

• Like 7

YOLO meal. I love that.

Eat ALL The Vegetables!

Hahaha that's what it feels like. I typically don't go unhealthy, which helps, but it'll be like a 1000 calorie steak or something amazing like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eat ALL The Vegetables!

Eat the vegetables inspiration:

Amazing-CAT-GIF-When-a-vegetarian-Cat-and-a-tortoise-snack-on-lettuce-together.gif

Do you know of any good online resources for the yoga handstand progressions?

Veggies would be easier if I was roasting and not boiling, but I've been trying to finish a bunch of frozen I have and it's just easier. I might try doing roasted again after I'm out of the 10lbs of frozen I have.

Re: yoga progression resources - I do not, I have an idea of where to start. however if I find any I will post here, and I am open to suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Following again. I like your goals setup this time around. 

8 hours ago, spezzy said:

Veggies would be easier if I was roasting and not boiling, but I've been trying to finish a bunch of frozen I have and it's just easier. I might try doing roasted again after I'm out of the 10lbs of frozen I have.

Frozen veggies tend to do well in the microwave. HEB has a lot of steam in the bag veggies you don't even have to take out of the bag to nuke. They are a little pricier, and I know you had mentioned a while back wanting to cut back on grocery bills. Even if you are pouring from one of the bulk bags, just putting the veggies in a microwave safe bowl for four or five minutes will cook them up well, you just have to drain them. It's faster than boiling and I think they taste better that way.

• Like 1

Roasted veggies are the best! You can easily roast veggies for multiple days worth of meals. Get a couple of large sheet pans and away you go! ROAST ALL THE THINGS. 

MjAxMy1iNjM1NjFiODkwMGRhZjA0.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Roasted veggies are the best! You can easily roast veggies for multiple days worth of meals. Get a couple of large sheet pans and away you go! ROAST ALL THE THINGS. 

I'm pretty sure Spezzy wrote an NF article about that very thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following again. I like your goals setup this time around. 

Frozen veggies tend to do well in the microwave. HEB has a lot of steam in the bag veggies you don't even have to take out of the bag to nuke. They are a little pricier, and I know you had mentioned a while back wanting to cut back on grocery bills. Even if you are pouring from one of the bulk bags, just putting the veggies in a microwave safe bowl for four or five minutes will cook them up well, you just have to drain them. It's faster than boiling and I think they taste better that way.

The 10lbs of HEB frozen in my freezer do NOT heat up well. I like birds eye steamfresh and they are more expensive, and I do those sometimes. I don't HAVE to reduce grocery bills, I just personally think I'm spending too much and would rather put that money in savings. Roasting is quick as long as I do it ahead, and better than both options, I've just been lazy on meal prep day. 

Actually, if i'm being completely honest, it's lazy at the grocery store when I don't want to carry out 2 entire grocery bags full of broccoli. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grymm said:

Never saw the movie, but so many guinea pigs....

v1.bTsxMTIzNTk5NjtqOzE3MDg2OzIwNDg7MTIwM

hahah i haven't seen it either, but guinea pigs are the best. 

2 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

No theme challenges are the best kind of challenges.

yeah, i was wasting energy trying to think of one and I've gone over the top on my last two soooooo :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

YUP. The biggest issue is carrying two large grocery bags full of broccoli home. Though now that it's heat of summer I'll likely be driving to the grocery store instead of walking :) 

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm pretty sure Spezzy wrote an NF article about that very thing.

Noel wrote that one :) My meal prep roasted the sweet potatoes, but yes same method. 

14 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

roasting veggies in this heat up here is not fun. but they taste so much betterrrrr

82e30cef7f603321f00513cd2c11c73f.jpg

hopefully you have an A/C though, living in austin and all :D

ha, yes. AC is a staple here - 71 degrees if I'm home all year long. Ridiculously expensive in the summer but no winter heating bill and no commuting bill so worth it :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spezzy said:

yeah, i was wasting energy trying to think of one and I've gone over the top on my last two soooooo :)

Just experimenting this time around?

1 hour ago, spezzy said:

After making a color coded spreadsheet that I barely used last time, I'm going simple too :)

• Like 1

Moving general log over here:

today i snoozed even when I shoudn't have

then i got up and madi and i walked for 15 minutes and practiced walk nice drills

workout sucked because my uterus feels like this:

giphy.gif

but I pushed through and hit my numbers anyway which is not something I'd normally do with this going on, so happy with that.

Squat - 235 for 5 sets of 5

Bench - 145 for 4 sets of 7

Press, Hamstring curls, back extension

• Like 5