• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

spezzy doesn't have a theme

5 hours ago, spezzy said:

workout sucked because my uterus feels like this:

giphy.gif

I felt this so hard the other day... I almost made an open accountabillibuddies group for helping each other out and providing extra cheerleading during the week or so of menstrual woes, but I wasn't sure it would gain any traction.

Impressive job pushing forward!

Wow I didn't realize going frozen could save that much money.  My grocery expenses are too damn high, I must investigate. 

Black_Cat_Detective-fun_cat_wallpaper_19

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raxie said:

Wow I didn't realize going frozen could save that much money.  My grocery expenses are too damn high, I must investigate. 

When you buy frozen most of the excess water and waste (peels, stems, etc) are already removed. So when you look at the weight by pound, it is often cheaper than fresh. I try to pay attention to sales on fresh produce, and then buy frozen if there is nothing reasonable. This usually just happens in the winter because I'm in the midwest. 

Also, if you buy fresh, if you mix in cheaper veg with the more expensive stuff you can cut down costs. Things like onion, cabbage, carrot are always cheap. In the summer green beans are cheap too. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

When you buy frozen most of the excess water and waste (peels, stems, etc) are already removed.

2 hours ago, Raxie said:

Wow I didn't realize going frozen could save that much money.

Here I thought you were talking about having the AC set at -71 and I could not figure out how that would save money.  DERP!

• Like 1

I always have broccoli, peas, and green beans on hand in the freezer.  I'll buy fresh for specific recipes, but most of my weekly eating is just cook up some veggies on the fly and nuke some leftovers.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good job lifting despite biology's attempts to sabotage you.

16 hours ago, Grizzy said:

I felt this so hard the other day... I almost made an open accountabillibuddies group for helping each other out and providing extra cheerleading during the week or so of menstrual woes, but I wasn't sure it would gain any traction.

Impressive job pushing forward!

5 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

true that

2 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

resized_epic-battle-meme-generator-meanw

HAHAHAH Yes this.

I was at the gym and I was like "I don't know if my abs are hurt or if I am hungry or if I have a stomach ache" and then I realized what's going on. Luckily it doesn't happen often, but when it does it's BAD and I get faint easily. Sucks. 

21 hours ago, fiOWNya said:

Hey, you got a good start - you posted this log early. ;)

Looking forward to following your progress. :D

:)  Thanks! I like to try to post a week early and to ease into it.

16 hours ago, wildross said:

Hi!

Hiiii!

6 hours ago, Raxie said:

Black_Cat_Detective-fun_cat_wallpaper_19

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

When you buy frozen most of the excess water and waste (peels, stems, etc) are already removed. So when you look at the weight by pound, it is often cheaper than fresh. I try to pay attention to sales on fresh produce, and then buy frozen if there is nothing reasonable. This usually just happens in the winter because I'm in the midwest. 

Also, if you buy fresh, if you mix in cheaper veg with the more expensive stuff you can cut down costs. Things like onion, cabbage, carrot are always cheap. In the summer green beans are cheap too. 

3 hours ago, Grymm said:

I always have broccoli, peas, and green beans on hand in the freezer.  I'll buy fresh for specific recipes, but most of my weekly eating is just cook up some veggies on the fly and nuke some leftovers.

Frozen are generally cheaper, yeah, but for me not a huge difference. I can get 5lbs of broccoli/carrots/cauliflower or broccoli for about $5 frozen. If I go to the birds eye steamfresh the price is $1.50 for 12oz, so not nearly as good, but they taste better. At that point, buying fresh would be cheaper in a lot of cases.

Fresh broccoli is usually anywhere from $1-2 a pound. Brussels sprouts are like $2/lb and asparagus can go up to $5/lb, so yeah - frozen is way cheaper. But for one person it's not a huge difference weekly. 

Peas I prefer frozen. So good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Or grow your own.

I think guinea pigs are the unofficial theme here.

large.gif

23 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I was just thinking this challenge has been somewhat gif deficient.

8LNW0.gif

Guinea pigs are named "Meerschweinchen" (translated word by word "little sea pigs") in germany, now I know why: they flood your apartements with cuteness!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Guinea pigs are named "Meerschweinchen" (translated word by word "little sea pigs") in germany, now I know why: they flood your apartements with cuteness!

I love them even more now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Or grow your own.

I think guinea pigs are the unofficial theme here.

large.gif

51 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I was just thinking this challenge has been somewhat gif deficient.

8LNW0.gif

yessssssss! :D

guinea pigs ftw.

• Like 2

....there are guinea pig shows?? Like dog shows?

amazed-cat-gif.gif

I'm learning so much on this thread about vegetables and guinea pigs and it's only zero week!

• Like 2

....there are guinea pig shows?? Like dog shows?

amazed-cat-gif.gif

I'm learning so much on this thread about vegetables and guinea pigs and it's only zero week!

Yes. And rabbit shows. Rabbit shows and cavy shows are usually synced as one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk