• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

spezzy doesn't have a theme

guys. i'm so sick.

i tried to just take lots of cough medicine and go to the gym and i hit a nice rep deadlift PR at 390 for four however then had to drop the weight massively for the last 3 sets (supposed to be 4x4) and did 390, 365, 315, 315/

And then I was supposed to bench but I don't even want to talk about how that went.

I'm home with lots of cough meds in me again.

Diet is going perfect other than the fact that I literally couldn't force myself to eat all my calories yesterday.

I did complete walking, reading, stretching, and meditation yesterday.

I am using snooze. Will get there. This doesn't officially start till Sunday right? :)

21 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Is it just me who thought of the Big Lebowski?

No.

I just assumed Tank was referencing it. Basically, that phrase/reference is so ingrained in my mind that I take it for granted and didn't feel it needed commenting. I just assumed we were all on the same page.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Curl Brogo said:

No.

I just assumed Tank was referencing it. Basically, that phrase/reference is so ingrained in my mind that I take it for granted and didn't feel it needed commenting. I just assumed we were all on the same page.

Oh well... I'm a mathematician, I find stating tautologies extremely satisfactory! ;) 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better soon.

20 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Feel better!!!

15 hours ago, Grymm said:

Sick is the worst.  Keep fighting the good fight!

11 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I hope that you feel better soon! 

It officially starts on Sunday but it essentially starts when you've recovered, right? ;) 

Thanks all :) The mold count has been really high here and I'm suspecting that has something to do with it (I'm terribly allergic to mold). Hoping it goes away quick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Google failed me. I asked for a powerlifting Guinea pig.

I got an Olympic lift.

Edit: and then the image didn't paste. I guess google is ashamed of itself.

Here's an extra

02-Guinea-Lion.jpg

also. amazing. hahah.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

So apparently Thursday was international hormone suckage day. Wish someone had warned me in advance! 

ugh. yeah. i would love it if I could plan for it, but I'll literally go 6 months without a single cramp and then all of a sudden they're deathly bad. 

slowly learning to push my workouts even when my body is against me.

Just now, spezzy said:

ugh. yeah. i would love it if I could plan for it, but I'll literally go 6 months without a single cramp and then all of a sudden they're deathly bad. 

slowly learning to push my workouts even when my body is against me.

My problem is that I totally lose strength a couple of days before. Can't even fight through. :( 

• Like 1

Just now, SpecialSundae said:

My problem is that I totally lose strength a couple of days before. Can't even fight through. :( 

ME TOO. I'm learning to try to deal with that. And figure out what happens if it happens at a meet again, because I feel like there's almost no point in competing, I just won't perform as well, but I feel weird planning competing around that. There's gotta be a way to get around it.

• Like 1

Just now, spezzy said:

ME TOO. I'm learning to try to deal with that. And figure out what happens if it happens at a meet again, because I feel like there's almost no point in competing, I just won't perform as well, but I feel weird planning competing around that. There's gotta be a way to get around it.

It's still experience on the platform. There's not much you can do to get around it other than going on the pill and artificially forcing your cycle. I wish they'd do some more research on female hormones and strength training in drug-tested athletes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpecialSundae said:

It's still experience on the platform. There's not much you can do to get around it other than going on the pill and artificially forcing your cycle. I wish they'd do some more research on female hormones and strength training in drug-tested athletes.

TRUE. I was extremely frustrated with the timing of Nationals but try not to place blame on anything other than my own game just not being there that day :)

Speaking of competitions, I've been looking over the schedule in this area and in the area around my mom's house, and it looks like the first meet that lines up with my work schedule and travel/vacation schedule is December 10th.

Really wanted something sooner, but it looks like unless I want to compromise something else, or fly someplace random, that's the best. Across all federations. Boo :(

• Like 2

Just now, spezzy said:

TRUE. I was extremely frustrated with the timing of Nationals but try not to place blame on anything other than my own game just not being there that day :)

Speaking of competitions, I've been looking over the schedule in this area and in the area around my mom's house, and it looks like the first meet that lines up with my work schedule and travel/vacation schedule is December 10th.

Really wanted something sooner, but it looks like unless I want to compromise something else, or fly someplace random, that's the best. Across all federations. Boo :(

Which fed is this one?

I'm hoping to be doing one on December 3rd but it's a selection meet and I need to see if I'm ranked highly enough. 

I had a similar issue with both Nationals and Commonwealths last year. It just wasn't there on the day. I wish it had been. :( Meh, live and let live!

2 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

Which fed is this one?

I'm hoping to be doing one on December 3rd but it's a selection meet and I need to see if I'm ranked highly enough. 

I had a similar issue with both Nationals and Commonwealths last year. It just wasn't there on the day. I wish it had been. :( Meh, live and let live!

Every competition is a learning experience, right? :)

What do you need to be ranked?

This meet is USPA, it's a 2 day meet and day 1 is open, day 2 is selection. I obviously can't get into the selection one unless I compete in a USPA meet beforehand but I think it's better that way since it'll be over a year since I've had competed anyway at that point. The closest USAPL meet timewise and locationwise is not until mid January. :\

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spezzy said:

Every competition is a learning experience, right? :)

What do you need to be ranked?

This meet is USPA, it's a 2 day meet and day 1 is open, day 2 is selection. I obviously can't get into the selection one unless I compete in a USPA meet beforehand but I think it's better that way since it'll be over a year since I've had competed anyway at that point. The closest USAPL meet timewise and locationwise is not until mid January. :\

I just need to keep reminding myself of that! So much easier to say than remember.

It's a Scottish team for a "Four Nations" competition (Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales) and each country can take three unequipped lifters and three "open" lifters (generally equipped) of each gender. Scotland has seven female lifters with higher Wilks scores than their only current equipped lifter so I'm hoping that they'll just take their top lifters who agree to compete (not everyone wants to do it). Basically... I'm not sure how highly I have to rank but definitely needs to be at least as high as I'm currently ranked. 

What's the criteria for the USPA one?

It's crazy how few USAPL comps there are! We've had seven IPF affiliated comps in Scotland alone this year so far! 

13 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

I just need to keep reminding myself of that! So much easier to say than remember.

It's a Scottish team for a "Four Nations" competition (Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales) and each country can take three unequipped lifters and three "open" lifters (generally equipped) of each gender. Scotland has seven female lifters with higher Wilks scores than their only current equipped lifter so I'm hoping that they'll just take their top lifters who agree to compete (not everyone wants to do it). Basically... I'm not sure how highly I have to rank but definitely needs to be at least as high as I'm currently ranked. 

What's the criteria for the USPA one?

It's crazy how few USAPL comps there are! We've had seven IPF affiliated comps in Scotland alone this year so far! 

It would seem more fair to take lifters of higher wilks, though I can see wanting to send a variety of lifters too! Are you competing again before the lifters are chosen? Hopefully you'll be able to get in!

This meet I think is top 3 in the state, however I can't seem to find a list of people in texas to see where I'd stack up anyway. I'm not sure it's overly official the way they're doing it. 

The problem is that texas is so big - so a meet in texas may still be a 12 hour drive.  USAPL seems to have more around here in the spring, probably because the timing of Nationals. 

There was a meet I was considering in August but we are going to Boss of Bosses instead since Ben got invited to compete on the pro day or whatever they are calling it. And going to that will be WAY more fun than competing at a local meet anyway :)

• Like 2

Just now, spezzy said:

It would seem more fair to take lifters of higher wilks, though I can see wanting to send a variety of lifters too! Are you competing again before the lifters are chosen? Hopefully you'll be able to get in!

This meet I think is top 3 in the state, however I can't seem to find a list of people in texas to see where I'd stack up anyway. I'm not sure it's overly official the way they're doing it. 

The problem is that texas is so big - so a meet in texas may still be a 12 hour drive.  USAPL seems to have more around here in the spring, probably because the timing of Nationals. 

There was a meet I was considering in August but we are going to Boss of Bosses instead since Ben got invited to compete on the pro day or whatever they are calling it. And going to that will be WAY more fun than competing at a local meet anyway :)

That does sound kinda fun! 

It should be top 6 lifters of each gender based on Wilks... but there are other factors. Lots of politics! If I'm not selected it's not the end of the world, mostly want to go for a piss-up with the Welsh girls! ;) 

I'm not competing again before selection but not sure there'll be that many who are who aren't already ahead of me.

2 hours ago, spezzy said:

For those not from around here:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/texas-is-how-big/

Beaumont is closer to Tampa than El Paso.

Brownsville is closer to Mexico City than DFW.

Texarkana is closer to Atlanta than El Paso.

Corpus is closer to Cuba than Denver.

Austin is closer to New Orleans than El Paso

Downtown Fort Worth to downtown Dallas is longer than the Gaza Strip is long, longer than the English channel.

Dallas to Houston is nearly the same distance as Paris to London.

Outer belt to outer belt, DFW is 100 miles. Or about the same distance as Columbus, OH to either Indiana or Pennsylvania.

You can fit the state of Ohio between Dallas and the Louisiana border.

The piney woods of East Texas are larger than New England

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1