• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Plitog

Week Zero Mini Challenge (June 8 - June 11)

Welcome again to the Mini Challenge Support Group.  Even though there is less than a week til the start of the official challenge, some of you are already suffering from withdrawals eager to get started on your next fitness challenge. This mini challenge ends SUNDAY JUNE 12 @ 5 AM CST(:confused:Yes, this is a completely random time just to throw everyone off.)

--> Log Reps HERE <--

For this challenge we will be working on two exercises:

Russian Twists

You will be logging total number of reps performed throughout the remainder of the week.  For this challenge, twisting to both sides and back to center counts as one rep.  Feel free to hold a dumbbell, medicine ball, large puppy, etc. if you want a bit more challenge.

Core-Seated-Russian-Twist.jpg

Superman

Again, you will be logging total number of reps performed.

Superman.jpg

Medals

Medals will be awarded based on the total number of reps performed by the end of the challenge.

Bronze - 100 reps

Silver - 200 reps

Gold - 400 reps

Platinum - 800 reps

Unobtanium - 1600 reps

--> Log Reps HERE <--

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

Your superman image appear broken. Are you talking about the back hyper extension version or the plank with the hands way out in front version?

Maybe the hyper extension version.. I didn't realize there was more than one.  Lay on the ground face down with arms extended.  Raise arms and legs off the ground, keeping them straight.  Then lower back down (no hold necessary.)  

Let's try another image in case the original is broken for anyone else:

13a573f1_Superman.xxxlarge_2x.jpg

(As a software developer, my automatic response was "works on my machine" :) )

9 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Damn this was going to be a rest week but I can totally fit these into a rest week. Lol

Hahaha, I'd say this is restful...relative to the standard mini insanity :P

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

@Suzaqu you are bananas! So many Russian twists.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I still can't think of being bananas without this song :) 

bananas.gif

I love me a good Russian twist :) Really what it is is that I don't have a job right now, so I can fit in a lot of sets in a day. I'm not doing 400 at once, that would be insane.

• Like 2

This is an awesome mini mini quest! :D I am having so much failing to do russian twists, which is bad for my score but an unreasonable amount of fun. I tried the real thing, but kept falling over, so I backtracked to a feet-on-the-ground version only to find out my lower back just doesn't want to twist when I'm sitting in that V angle. So I'm doing just the twist sitting up straight and then I keep trying the angle again... I'm getting closer, so who knows, maybe I can do 1 real one by the end of this! :lol:  *has a new goal in life*

Superman is as much fun, but at least I'm not falling over! ;)  I think I've got like maybe an inch clearance between me and the floor on both ends-- How much off the floor do I need to get to count? I am totally not going to look like the nice fitness model (or break double digits) because my lower back thinks I am asking it to do unreasonable things (like flying!) but I'd like to get to 1 'real' one here too. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnquietBones said:

This is an awesome mini mini quest! :D I am having so much failing to do russian twists, which is bad for my score but an unreasonable amount of fun. I tried the real thing, but kept falling over, so I backtracked to a feet-on-the-ground version only to find out my lower back just doesn't want to twist when I'm sitting in that V angle. So I'm doing just the twist sitting up straight and then I keep trying the angle again... I'm getting closer, so who knows, maybe I can do 1 real one by the end of this! :lol:  *has a new goal in life*

Superman is as much fun, but at least I'm not falling over! ;)  I think I've got like maybe an inch clearance between me and the floor on both ends-- How much off the floor do I need to get to count? I am totally not going to look like the nice fitness model (or break double digits) because my lower back things I am asking it to do unreasonable things (like flying!) but I'd like to get to 1 'real' one here too. :D

There isn't any strict requirement for difficulty of reps.  Feet-on-the-floor russian twists count, as would superman stretches with an inch of clearance.  As long as you aren't making it too easy on yourself you should definitely add it to the spreadsheet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Plitog said:

There isn't any strict requirement for difficulty of reps.  Feet-on-the-floor russian twists count, as would superman stretches with an inch of clearance.  As long as you aren't making it too easy on yourself you should definitely add it to the spreadsheet.

Woot! :D  *makes Grand Plans for when she gets home*

• Like 2