• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

courtniemarie tries to stop loving you

17 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Dang!!! Nice deadlifts yo!

hey! thanks! should've gone for a weight or rep PR (would've been 4x180# or 1x185#) ah well. next time! that's the problem with 531 though because the next 1RM session is like soooooo far away. now i have to deload, then do sets of 5, sets of 3, THEN try again for a PR. i'm going to treat deload as volume sessions though and try to get in amrap. that probably defeats the purpose of deload, huh?

tumblr_n2qfhzE1ez1t3eyeuo1_500.gif

1 minute ago, CourtnieMarie said:

hey! thanks! should've gone for a weight or rep PR (would've been 4x180# or 1x185#) ah well. next time! that's the problem with 531 though because the next 1RM session is like soooooo far away. now i have to deload, then do sets of 5, sets of 3, THEN try again for a PR. i'm going to treat deload as volume sessions though and try to get in amrap. that probably defeats the purpose of deload, huh?

tumblr_n2qfhzE1ez1t3eyeuo1_500.gif

That's kind of how I feel about my impending switch to an intermediate program, I have to wait HOW LONG??? to try for a new PR? But I assume it will be worth it because right now I am starting to feel so beat up. 

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

it took a good smoothie recipe to get me to be okay with drinking pasteurized egg whites. i just buy the carton and use them for my breakfast casseroles and then a one in awhile smoothie protein perk (since i use protein powder in my coffee and don't like the idea of doubling up on protein powder).

I'm just going to leave this here for your motivational viewing pleasure:

rocky-drinks-raw-eggs-o.gif

17 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Maybe?  I'm still investigating, though...

When I was running 5/3/1 I found that the deload sessions were too frequent for me so I would run two mesocycles and then do a deload. Just another optionnnn~ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raptron said:

When I was running 5/3/1 I found that the deload sessions were too frequent for me so I would run two mesocycles and then do a deload. Just another optionnnn~ 

i could do that! i kind of like the idea of doing some volume though since i rarely ever. and it's kind of like cardio right?

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

19789999.jpg

• Like 4

Key lime anything tends to be good with me. When the Key Lime Gelato goes on sale? Mmmm. My macros are Not. Safe.

• Like 1

W1D4 – Thursday

warmup windmills and front raises

OHP

5x30#

5x40#

5x55#

3x65#

3x75# - rep PR!! this felt awesome

bent over barbell row

3x8x65#

incline pushups on bench

3x12

goblets

20x35#

treadmill – 8mins walking with a few sprints in there. 0.6 miles I believe.

throughout work day:

5 planks @ 70s

wall sit @ 1min

boat pose @ 1min

chair pose @ 1min

lunges @ 1min each

made a broccoli/ground turkey stir fry for dinner and got in some mobility. just need to finish up 6 more minutes tonight before heading out to a friends. limiting myself to one cider and one beer tonight. I have to get up tomorrow morning pretty early in order to get to the gym before heading over to my mother’s to help her with a yard sale. we’re getting a uhaul to bring some of our furniture over to sell since it won’t fit in our cars and it’s just too much of a hassle to try and get someone with a bigger car over. seems silly to spend money on a uhaul to sell stuff at a yard sale but oh well. maybe we’ll make it back? doubt it but one can dream.

*lifting 3/5

*mobility 24/30

*cals 1,793/1,800

CHO/FAT/PRO = 141/63/164

• Like 5

Well, the furniture will be out of your house even if you don't fully make back the rental fee, so that's definitely worth something! :) BOOOOM on that OHP!

1 hour ago, Grymm said:

Stronger now than you were yesterday!

yes! thanks!

6 minutes ago, raptron said:

Well, the furniture will be out of your house even if you don't fully make back the rental fee, so that's definitely worth something! :) BOOOOM on that OHP!

yeah, totally worth it. and we actually found a Budget rental for super cheap!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, raptron said:

Agreed! I so much love getting rid of stuff that it would be worth it just to have stuff out of the house. Clutter haunts my dreams. I'm always scheming... "what is one small thing I can get rid of this week?"

also, great workout!

• Like 1

On 6/17/2016 at 9:50 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

Agreed! I so much love getting rid of stuff that it would be worth it just to have stuff out of the house. Clutter haunts my dreams. I'm always scheming... "what is one small thing I can get rid of this week?"

also, great workout!

On 6/17/2016 at 10:02 AM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Yes!

tumblr_m5c0uyTCW51qcwic6.gif

On 6/19/2016 at 2:41 AM, Starbuck said:

Yay for rep PR on OHP! 

thanks guys!

• Like 1

W1D5 – Friday

front squat

12x50#

12x60#

12x75#

BSS

7x65#

7x65#

6x75#

lying leg raises

3x10x5#

front and side planks, 40s each

throughout work day:

3 planks @ 70s

wall sit @ 1min

boat pose @ 1min

lunges @ 50s each

side planks @ 50s each

went out to a friends and some good things and some bad things, going to count the extra 13 calories as being within limits.

*lifting 4/5

*cals 1,813/1,800

CHO/FAT/PRO = 137/41/138

W1D6 – Saturday 

finished up my mobility and got to the gym early in the morning.

warmup windmills and rotations

bench

14x45#

12x50#

13x55#

underhand lat pulldowns

10x100#

10x100#

9x100#

bench dips with feet elevated

3x8

didn’t cook any meals at home as we were rushing around to pack up our furniture into the rental truck and head to the yard sale. I ate at my mom’s house and had homemade food for breakfast but had a slice of pizza for lunch. then had movie theatre food for dinner, womp womp.

*lifting 5/5

*breakfast 1/7

*mobility 30/30

*cals 1,893/1,800

CHO/FAT/PRO = 237/82/72

W1D7 – Sunday

cooked up some eggs with leftover chicken, cheese, and spinach for breakfast before heading out for a nerd hike! Hike was awesome, had some challenging vertical-ish rock moments but was mostly pretty breezy and only about 2 hours (I think one of the nerds gps said 4.6 or 4.9 miles and a 1,400 ft elevation change).

then went for an amazing bloody mary and brunch food. a few of us kept the good vibes going back in boston until the sun went down. had a fantastic day and unfortunately ate too much, but got in a good amount of protein for being out and about all day.

*breakfast 2/7

*cals 2,222/1,800

CHO/FAT/PRO = 138/104/116

• Like 2

13 calories is like a deep breath!  Definitely count it!

The hike sounds like a lot of fun and 1,400 feet of climb is nothing to sneeze at. 

5 minutes ago, Grymm said:

13 calories is like a deep breath!  Definitely count it!

The hike sounds like a lot of fun and 1,400 feet of climb is nothing to sneeze at. 

yeah, totally counting that as within where i wanted to be! unfortunately i did make a large-ish error for week 1, see below.

Week 1 summary:

Quest 1

*within 1,500 on rest days and 1,800 on non-rest – 5/7; definitely ate more than I should be if I want to lose weight. had an average of 1820 cals/day

*cook 7 breakfasts and 7 lunch or dinner meals at home for non-work days. cooked two breakfasts this past weekend and no afternoon meals. busy and fun weekend.

*take measurements and progress photos for challenge end – laterz

Quest 2

*complete 5 lifting sessions per week – 5/5 so there’s that

Quest 3

*foam rolling or mobility per week 30/30

*complete 4 yoga sessions throughout the challenge 1/4 so far

*complete 4 (at least 20 min) cardio/HIIT sessions throughout the challenge. 1/4 for hiking. definitely was out of breath for a good part of it!

so after writing up this summary i realized that the calorie goal i set for lifting or cardio days was actually 1700 NOT 1800. as i fully believed i had set myself at 1800 for all of week 1 i'm not going to dock myself for that. but moving forward i will be trying to stick to the 1700 number. le sigh.

All things considered, a very eventful weekend! You were in a position to make many... shall we say, interesting dietetic choices, but you made a lot of good in addition to the adventurous ones.

Also, I feel you on rechecking calories and math and realizing that the numbers were wrong. Been there many times. Never fun. -_-

Did you end up going to hang with RP and the others doing the Tough Mudder?

4 minutes ago, Kishi said:

All things considered, a very eventful weekend! You were in a position to make many... shall we say, interesting dietetic choices, but you made a lot of good in addition to the adventurous ones.

Also, I feel you on rechecking calories and math and realizing that the numbers were wrong. Been there many times. Never fun. -_-

Did you end up going to hang with RP and the others doing the Tough Mudder?

yes, truuuue. i did make decent choices given the options. :)

i didn't! :( they were took tired to make it out to the hike on sunday and I was doing family stuff all day saturday. boooo. next time!

W2D1 – Monday

slept in after the long fun of Sunday. Didn’t have time to cook the egg casserole this past weekend so I fasted yesterday morning. work fed us for lunch which was a relief to not have to worry about prepping that meal (wraps and chips), and then I went out with clients for dinner (fish and wine). so no time for evening mobility or any sort of activity really.

throughout work day:

5 planks @ 70s

wall sit @ 1min

boat pose @ 1min

chair pose @ 1min

*cals 1,620/1,500

CHO/FAT/PRO = 119/57/98

slept in again this morning instead of going to the gym. i'm planning on going after work and trying not to let the past day of inactivity get to meee