• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

courtniemarie tries to stop loving you

39 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

It does help to have measurements! I have found that even though my weight is about 5-10 lbs higher than last year that I am still basically the same size. I should probably write down new measurements. But they are always the same as the last ones (more or less, it's hard to say with loose skin) so I haven't written them down again in the last 6 months. Measurements can help your sanity! Also, as mentioned previously my bra always informs me I'm losing body fat. :( haha. 

same boat here with the higher weight but *basically* the same size. i mean i wear all of the same clothes but sometimes (when i overeat) they can definitely get uncomfortable haha! i also have dropped bra sizes and currently only have one bra in the correct size... i should change that. VS is having their semi-annual sale and one of my fav bras is only $20 right now and their leggings are $25 soooo thanks for helping me decide that i should get those!

W4D4 – Thursday

warmups

DL:

5x75#

5x100#

3x125#

3x145#

4x165#

RDL

10x115#

9x115#

9x115#

alternating bent knee raises

4 sets @ 1min each (72 taps, 70, 68, 70)

throughout work day:

4 planks @ 70s

wall sit

boat pose

chair pose

lunges @ 1min each

side planks @ 45s each

indulged in some tootsie rolls and bullseyes yesterday but staying within limits! went home and got some chicken chili into the pressure cooker and did some mobility. pressure cooker cooking during the summer might need to be a thing as turning on the oven gets really hot when you don’t have AC! Chili was super easy and really delicious. I had leftover veggies from bookclub (peppers, carrots, celery) and then served it on top of some baby spinach!

*lifting 1/5

*mobility 22/30

*cals 1,721/1,800

CHO/FAT/PRO = 172/46/159

• Like 1

alsoooo i bought some compression leggings for travel (mostly for my europe trip) that came in yesterday. i always have issues after walking so much on vaca and then sitting on a plane for too long that my legs get super swollen. hopefully these help. i tried them on last night and i can definitely wear them as is with a tunic or something so that's good. they were quite tight towards the bottoms which i understand is a good thing. i had kiiiinda hoped i could wear them for lounging purposes as well but i don't know. maybe i should try anyway just to get used to the feel of them before wearing them on a 9 hour trip...

• Like 1

Just make sure you move around a bit in your seat and get up like every three hours or so and walk around.  I'm super paranoid about DVT from my knee surgeries, so I did tons of calf flexing (just going up and down on toes while sitting), flexing quads and other leg muscles and holding for 15-30 seconds, and made sure to get up and walk around every so often.  To be fair, we didn't have direct flights, so our longest leg was 6 hours I think.

DID SOMEBODY SAY FOOD!?

om24ea1w0zqg8hurhvfg.gif

FRIGGIN' LOVE THAT STUFF MAN. 5 STARS ON YELP. 10/10, WOULD DO AGAIN.

tumblr_lx9qrzgt761qcmcpm.gif

Ahem.

Also, hi! Found you again. I am lifting heavy things now, and I think I will follow you so that I can learn.

Also, also: if you don't mind me platonically complimenting you, I'd just like to point out that you carry your weight very well, and you should take every opportunity to notice that about yourself. :)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kishi said:

DID SOMEBODY SAY FOOD!?

om24ea1w0zqg8hurhvfg.gif

FRIGGIN' LOVE THAT STUFF MAN. 5 STARS ON YELP. 10/10, WOULD DO AGAIN.

tumblr_lx9qrzgt761qcmcpm.gif

Ahem.

Also, hi! Found you again. I am lifting heavy things now, and I think I will follow you so that I can learn.

Also, also: if you don't mind me platonically complimenting you, I'd just like to point out that you carry your weight very well, and you should take every opportunity to notice that about yourself. :)

kishi!! that egg gif is mesmerizing. i just watched it for way too long.

also, HI!! yay for lifting heavy things! did you run out of challenging BW type things?? that's insane if you did. you're awesome.

also, also: i don't mind ya big lug.

frodo_sam_hug.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

also, HI!! yay for lifting heavy things! did you run out of challenging BW type things?? that's insane if you did. you're awesome.

Hahaha, actually, no I didn't. I got sick of stalling out on Pistol work, so I decided to take a page from BeastSkills.com and just shoot for a 2xBW BB squat. I figure at that point I'll have all the strength I need, and then I'll just have to work on balance instead.

5 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

also, also: i don't mind ya big lug.

frodo_sam_hug.gif

rNIOhz7.gif

On 6/11/2016 at 10:18 AM, Sam Ashen said:

CNN = Cookies - Nom, Nom

Right?

truth! hi!

On 6/11/2016 at 0:35 PM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Tried to stop loving us? I think not.

love-me.gif

haha i could never stop loving you!! the title is directed towards food. *shakes fist* fooood, why you taste so gooood?!

• Like 3

W0D5 – Friday

warmup: windmills and front plate raises

OHP

5x30#

5x40#

3x50#

3x60#

5x65#

bent-over BB row

3x12x60#

incline pushups on bench

3x12

goblet squats 20x35#

throughout work day:

1 plank @ 60s

3 plank @ 70s

wall sit

boat pose

chair pose

lunges @ 1min each

side planks @ 45s each

said no to going out for BBQ with friends and stayed home to eat bscb. definitely a win. got in mobility and a good night’s rest.

*lifting 2/5

*mobility 30/30

*cals 1,790/1,800

CHO/FAT/PRO = 171/52/175

W0D6 – Saturday 

got the apartment ready for some new bedroom furniture that we acquired from my stepdad. had coffee and jerky for breakfast (champions; but I’m counting it). got in a quick grocery shop before meeting up with the stepdad to head out to his parents house and help them load up the furniture. a bit of heavy lifting was had. got the furniture back to my apartment around noon and had the SO pick up five guys for the stepdad and his parents. haven’t had five guys in foreverrrr – lettuce wrapped little bacon cheeseburger ftw!

pretty much threw the new furniture into the apartment before the rain started. jumped in the shower and headed up to NH for the evening. went to visit bigm and made full use of his lifting setup!

front squat

5x45#

5x55#

5x75#

5x95#

3x105#

3x125#

BSS

7x65#

6x65#

6x65#

planks @ 40s

front, side, side

headed on over to a fabulous bar in town and actually enjoyed a few gin cocktails (usually not a gin fan). The SO’s brother and fiancé met up with us for a great night out, lasting until 2:30 and complete with fried chick’n & biscuits.

I do have to add a moment of silence here. I was stunned to hear that while I was wrapping up an amazing night out with great people and family, others in a similar situation as mine that night were becoming victim to what I hear is the largest mass shooting in our country. Orlando isn’t a big city and that easily could have been me dancing away the night in an accepting and loving atmosphere. I’m really at a loss for words and am torn by the type of action that needs to be taken against the terrorists. Anyway, I hope anyone on here who knows people from that area are safe and that they’re friends/family were not affected.

*lifting 3/5

*breakfast 1/7

*cals 2,074/1,800

CHO/FAT/PRO = 143/90/67 (many empty alcohol calories)

W0D7 – Sunday

spent the morning being immersed fully in greek culture. attended an 1h45m greek orthodox church service which included a memorial service for the SO’s grandmother and great-aunt.

went out for truly authentic greek food afterwards. I got a “salad” which was simply tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, peppers, feta, and amazing dressing. no lettuce! who needs it?! and then I got a “side” order of stuffed cabbage rolls. Holy moly. two GIANT rolls were brought out and I could only eat a couple bites after the salad and a big breakfast before church. I tasted some of other people’s dishes as well there were huge servings of spanakopita, many lamb dishes, rice and a boiled potato smothered in a tomato sauce, some great green veggies, and then dessert. I helped someone finish their galaktoboureko which is this amazing custardy bread pudding type pastry topped with honey and cinnamon. very sweet but totally worth it. the leftovers served as dinner later which I would count as a meal ate at home if it wasn’t zero week ;)

finally got home and put together the new bedroom furniture. still have tons to do there but we got it to a good point. no time for a workout so my calories were over.

*lunch or dinner 1/7

*cals 1,654/1,500

CHO/FAT/PRO = 115/104/69

• Like 6

The greek food sounds amazing. :) 

Do you try to do a short lifting session most days per week vs longer sessions a few days per week? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

Love the taste of Lamb! Just sucks that it is so bloody expensive here, and with so many bloody sheep in the country. :P

it's pretty pricey here too! i usually don't have it unless i know the place is known for it or i'm at someone's house who's cooking it :) this family actually has a good story of someone who was visiting his cousin that lived in hawaii and he brought a huge leg of lamb in a golf club bag on the plane with him. he said he couldn't get good lamb down there, so...!

5 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

The greek food sounds amazing. :) 

Do you try to do a short lifting session most days per week vs longer sessions a few days per week? 

it wassss amazing! and i do! i like lifting in the morning but only really have time for max 45 min sessions. so i do 5 short and sweet lifting sessions/week.

• Like 3

So many warriors on the food focus this challenge! In for food(and lifting) progress.

Plus how could I not follow a challenge with humorous and delicious food GIFs like that egg. I could watch that for hours yummmmm.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, raptron said:

Oh man, Greek food is <3 Solid weekend report. 

10 hours ago, Kishi said:

Also, Greek food is pretty amazing. It's a fun culture to experience, if the food is anything to go on.

true story, y'all. and beside the typical phyllo inspired dishes, everything was pretty much gluten free which was great for the SO who always misses her fav greek foods.

21 hours ago, ArgSki77 said:

So many warriors on the food focus this challenge! In for food(and lifting) progress.

Plus how could I not follow a challenge with humorous and delicious food GIFs like that egg. I could watch that for hours yummmmm.

food's important! maybe all us warriors just got the memo this challenge ;)

that egg gif was mesmerizing. it needs a little cheese though

i4euxqyzhobzyjbl50se.gif

• Like 4

W1D1 – Monday

slept in and got more than 9hrs of sleep :D

throughout work day:

5 planks @ 70s

wall sit

boat pose

lunges @ 1min each

side planks @ 45s each

did a yoga session at home (which unfortunately was just mostly more core) and then cooked up an easy dinner of chicken sausage, tomatoes, and zucchini.

*yoga 1/4

*cals 1,499/1,500

CHO/FAT/PRO = 71/67/152

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

On 6/13/2016 at 10:26 AM, raptron said:

Oh man, Greek food is <3 Solid weekend report. 

21 hours ago, Kishi said:

Also, Greek food is pretty amazing. It's a fun culture to experience, if the food is anything to go on.

true story, y'all. and beside the typical phyllo inspired dishes, everything was pretty much gluten free which was great for the SO who always misses her fav greek foods.

On 6/13/2016 at 10:40 AM, ArgSki77 said:

food's important! maybe all us warriors just got the memo this challenge ;)

that egg gif was mesmerizing. it needs a little cheese though

i4euxqyzhobzyjbl50se.gif

THERE IS SOMETHING UNNATURAL ABOUT THIS CHEESE AND I NEED IT INSIDE ME

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Kishi said:

THERE IS SOMETHING UNNATURAL ABOUT THIS CHEESE AND I NEED IT INSIDE ME

5 hours ago, Starbuck said:

All of a sudden, I really really want cheese. 

haha sorry! hopefully you guys have ~110 calories of fat left in your day? ;)

W1D2 – Tuesday

didn’t want to get up at all. but I did. kind of because I weighed myself and the scale was up on Monday and again yesterday after a low cal food day sooo needs the lifting.

warmup windmills and rotations

bench

8x45#

3x65#

5x75#

3x85#

2x95# tried for the 3rd rep but failed

5x75# x2

underhand lat pulldowns

5x60#

3x85#

10x100#

10x100#

9x100#

bench dips with feet on bench

8, 7, 7

throughout work day:

3 planks @ 70s

wall sit @ 1min

boat pose @ 1min

chair pose @ 70s

lunges @ 1min each

side planks @ 1min each

did some mobility in the evening. tried a new pressure cooker chicken recipe that turned out really good. Honey garlic chicken and roasted up some broccoli on the side. Did some adulating: took out trash & recycle, put away clothes that the SO folded, and tried to figure out some additional things we want to sell at my mom’s yard sale this weekend.

*lifting 1/5

*mobility 8/30

*cals 1,776/1,800

CHO/FAT/PRO = 171/74/169

• Like 3