• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

courtniemarie tries to stop loving you

Jealous of your vacation. Maine is one of my favorite places...although I haven't been up there in the summer in a few years. We used to go camping up there for a week every summer growing up.

Hope the hip feels better and you can enjoy the hiking!

Jealous of your vacation. Maine is one of my favorite places...although I haven't been up there in the summer in a few years. We used to go camping up there for a week every summer growing up.

Hope the hip feels better and you can enjoy the hiking!

Ah! You gotta get back up here for summer and a saco river float!! The hip feels MUCH better today and sniffles can be cured by margaritas!

Yesterday's cals: 1,672/1,700

c/f/p 176/57/118

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's right near where we used to camp! We stayed at a campground right on Long Lake in Naples. We made some trips down the Saco before. Its a real fun spot.

3 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

sniffles can be cured by margaritas!

Tequila is a great cure for a lot of things. Just sometimes may introduce other ailments the next day.

• Like 1

W3D4 – Thursday

canoeing for long time. had homemade food but didn’t track.

*breakfast 5/7

*afternoon meal 1/7

*cardio 3/4

*cals ???

CHO/FAT/PRO = ???

W3D5 – Friday

low key hiking ; counting as a half cardio point. I did track foods on Friday though!

*breakfast 6/7

*afternoon meal 2/7

*cardio 3.5/4

*cals 2,018/2,000

CHO/FAT/PRO = 233/92/70

W3D6 – Saturday 

no exercise on Saturday; lots of driving, beach napping, and nerd hangouts. didn’t track either but ate homemade dinner stuffs.

*afternoon meal 3/7

*cals ???

CHO/FAT/PRO = ???

W3D7 – Sunday

no exercise again. visited my dad before heading to a wedding. ate out for breakfast and dinner, skipped lunch.

*cals ???

CHO/FAT/PRO = ???

Week 3 summary:

Quest 1

*within 1,500 on rest days and 1,700 on non-rest – nope

*cook 7 breakfasts and 7 lunch or dinner meals at home for non-work days. Ate mostly homemade stuff on vaca so that’s good, but probably way too much quantity.

breakfast 6/7

afternoon meal 3/7

*take measurements and progress photos for challenge end – not looking forward to thisss

Quest 2

*complete 5 lifting sessions per week – 3/5

Quest 3

*foam rolling or mobility per week 30/30

*complete 4 yoga sessions throughout the challenge 1/4 so far, oops.

*complete 4 (at least 20 min) cardio/HIIT sessions throughout the challenge. 3.5/4 for canoeing and hiking

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

That's not to shabby for being on vacation! I'm impressed that there was that much homemade food in action. :applause:

yeah there was some semblance of "i am a healthy person" going on there!

5 hours ago, raptron said:

BUT WEEKEND GOOD TIMES! 

fo' sure. ALWAYS!

4 hours ago, MasterOfCows said:

Plus, look at all that foam rolling and mobility action!

yes, gotta keep a grade A in something!

W4D1 – Monday

ate hotel breakfast, drove home from the wedding, visited dad, went grocery shopping, cooked up bfasts and lunch for Tuesday, then got takeout from noodles&co. didn’t track.

*cals ???

CHO/FAT/PRO = ???

W4D2 – Tuesday

did not wake up for lifting before work.

throughout work day:

2 planks @ 70s

wall sit @ 1min

boat pose @ 1min

lunges @ 1min each

did some mobility and a sweaty 10 minute cardio session after work for the rest of my cardio point. it was gross and hot and gross.

*mobility 3/30

*cardio 4/4

*cals 1,547/1,700

CHO/FAT/PRO = 81/70/152

the plan is for some mobility tonight! that's it haha

Th: lifting, mobility, yoga

F: lifting, cardio?

Sa: supposed to be going camping on the Saco River again but i think we're going to bail. i neverrrr do such things but it's going to be storming and the SO and I got sick this past weekend so i don't think our immune systems can handle it. alternative plan is for lifting, maybe a double session? grocery shopping, visiting dad, cooking all meals, and hanging out with the pup.

Su (alt. plan): yoga, lifting

10 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

the plan is for some mobility tonight! that's it haha

Th: lifting, mobility, yoga

F: lifting, cardio?

Sa: supposed to be going camping on the Saco River again but i think we're going to bail. i neverrrr do such things but it's going to be storming and the SO and I got sick this past weekend so i don't think our immune systems can handle it. alternative plan is for lifting, maybe a double session? grocery shopping, visiting dad, cooking all meals, and hanging out with the pup.

Su (alt. plan): yoga, lifting

Camping vs double lifting session. Thats quite the tradeoff! Also, that sounds like a pretty good way to finish off the week to me, with either of the plans.

8 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

did some mobility and a sweaty 10 minute cardio session after work for the rest of my cardio point. it was gross and hot and gross.

Cardio has been brutal with the heat/humidity lately. I had a small cardio session scheduled for today after lifting but with this heat thats gonna be a no go. My car read 96 at lunch so I'm gonna hide in the A/C again.

• Like 1

If you do ever go camping in the rain or just camping in general, my best tip is totes. When we go camping with our medieval group, which is multiple times a year, everything, literally everything gets packed into totes. So that way if it rains, no clothing, food, or supplies get wet. It goes into the tent in totes and then gets messy from there, but we have the totes should it start raining. We also always have a group "shade tent" so that way when it does rain we can all hang out under there together instead of having to hide out in our individual tents. 

It stormed a couple of times while I was camping a couple of weeks ago with our group, but it was no skin off our backs because we all just hung out and played games under the shade tent. 

To be fair though, our group shade I think is a 20 ft x 40 ft pavilion, so it's easy to stay dry under it. 

14 hours ago, ArgSki77 said:

Camping vs double lifting session. Thats quite the tradeoff! Also, that sounds like a pretty good way to finish off the week to me, with either of the plans.

Cardio has been brutal with the heat/humidity lately. I had a small cardio session scheduled for today after lifting but with this heat thats gonna be a no go. My car read 96 at lunch so I'm gonna hide in the A/C again.

we shall see, it's looking like the weather won't be changing!

i know it's been brutal the past couple days. we inherited an A/C this year and just haven't found the time to figure out how to put it in. we have no idea what we're doing lol

11 hours ago, MasterOfCows said:

Don't go camping in the rain (especially tenting) if you're sick!  It only makes it worse in my personal experience.

i know, it sounds awful! i'm pretty hearty when it comes to camping and can do so in many types of weather. but i just feel so ragged and the SO is super sick. i just feel absolutely terrible for bailing on friends, ya know?

4 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

If you do ever go camping in the rain or just camping in general, my best tip is totes. When we go camping with our medieval group, which is multiple times a year, everything, literally everything gets packed into totes. So that way if it rains, no clothing, food, or supplies get wet. It goes into the tent in totes and then gets messy from there, but we have the totes should it start raining. We also always have a group "shade tent" so that way when it does rain we can all hang out under there together instead of having to hide out in our individual tents. 

It stormed a couple of times while I was camping a couple of weeks ago with our group, but it was no skin off our backs because we all just hung out and played games under the shade tent. 

To be fair though, our group shade I think is a 20 ft x 40 ft pavilion, so it's easy to stay dry under it. 

oooo totes! we typically use water bags since we've had to pack everything into canoes before to get to a camp site. we have a few totes (our inherited A/C came in one too!) so that is good advice. my aunt had one of those giant pavilions and holy moly was it a pain in the ass to put up! i got her an ez-up canopy and she bought a few more of her own to supplement. they're just so expensive that i haven't dropped the cash for my own lol

W4D3 – Wednesday

didn’t wake up for gym again yesterday. sleep is amazing.

throughout work day:

3 planks @ 70s

wall sit @ 1min

boat pose @ 1min

chair pose @ 1min

lunges @ 1min each

side planks @ 50s each

*mobility 15/30

*cals 1,547/1,500

CHO/FAT/PRO = 96/73/134

woke up and laid back down again this morning instead of going to the gym. then decided to do yoga. brought my gym clothes with me to hopefully get my ass there after work. gotta get back into the swing of things!

• Like 1

W4D4 – Thursday

yoga before work. felt good to do something before work again.

throughout work day:

2 planks @ 70s

wall sit @ 1min

boat pose @ 1min

lunges @ 50s each

forgot to do mobility but I did go to the gym after work!

warmups of windmills and front plate raises

OHP

5x30#

5x45#

5x55#

7x65#

bent over BB row

9x65#

9x65#

8x65#

strict pushups on floor

6, 5, 5

goblet squats

20x35#

*yoga 2/4

*mobility 15/30

*lifting 1/5

*cals 1,648/1,700

CHO/FAT/PRO = 132/64/132

but then I didn’t get up this morning. hoping to gym it tonight after driving all over the place for my dad and my dog and a folding table. probably having just a light snack for post-workout/dinner. we decided to head up to Maine tomorrow morning given some changes in the weather. It will still be cold and a bit rainy but we’ll just pack for that instead of sunny river bathing suits

wwe-showul-crying-sports-crying-gifs.gif

packing a dehydrated meal, some olives, larabars, grape tomatoes, snap peas, jerky, and a few chips to eat up there. hopefully won't do too much damage with the margaritas... <.<      >.>

• Like 3

I mean, if you want 100 degrees and sticky-as-soon-as-you-step-out-the-door, I'll take the trade. No big.

But yeah. Sleep is where da gainz are. Or at least that's what I've heard. I don't sleep enough.

• Like 1

W4D5 – Friday

throughout work day:

4 planks @ 70s

wall sit @ 1min

boat pose @ 1min

chair pose @ 1min

lunges @ 1min each

side planks @ 50s each

I ran around too much after work for my dad and my dog and obtaining camping supplies so no lifting happened. Then the SO and I said F-it and drove up to Maine that night.

*cals 1,526/1,500

CHO/FAT/PRO = 140/61/117

W4D6 – Saturday 

ate some of my mom’s leftover eggplant parm dish for breakfast so check on that! then drank some water and coffee and beer and margarita. The weather held out for us to get in a short canoeing trip. We did get rained on but it didn’t matter by that point!

lunch was a banana and PB roll up that my friend made, so homemade meal check there! Then I snacked a bunch when we got back but nothing too bad really. pepperoni, deli meat, GF pita chips, more banana and PB, pasta salad, and other stuff I can’t remember. made a pre-packed freeze dried chili for dinner. didn’t track!

*breakfast 7/7

*afternoon meal 4/7

*cals ???

W4D7 – Sunday

cinnamon roll for breakfast with some tortilla chips… lol. the SO was hurting baaaad but at least it wasn’t raining during our break down of camp. ate the leftover snacks I brought for lunch on the way home (jerky, larabar, olives, chips). better than stopping somewhere for food though. grabbed a rotisserie chicken and sautéed kale for dinner. counting it.

*afternoon meal 5/7

*cals ???

Week 4 summary:

Quest 1

*within 1,500 on rest days, 1,700 on non-rest, 2,000 on vaca – 3/7 days

*cook 7 breakfasts and 7 lunch or dinner meals at home for non-work days. ate mostly homemade stuff while camping so that’s good, but probably way too much liquid cals

breakfast 7/7

afternoon meal 5/7

*take measurements and progress photos for challenge end – not yet…

Quest 2

*complete 5 lifting sessions per week – 1/5 damnnnn

Quest 3

*foam rolling or mobility per week 15/30

*complete 4 yoga sessions throughout the challenge 2/4

*complete 4 (at least 20 min) cardio/HIIT sessions throughout the challenge. 4/4

soooo apparently I need a break because I just couldn’t find the motivation to get back on board this challenge. might make an easy challenge for next go round so that I continue to track.