• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

elvenengineer

ElvenEngineer Stops Being an Idiot

Sorry grad school is throwing more stress at you in the final hours :(. From what you've said, it sounds like the December graduation is a good (if inconvenient) plan B, so hopefully having that back-up can take away some of the current stress.

On a happier note, I'm glad your back is feeling better! If all else fails, lifting cures everything, right?

37 minutes ago, Alanna said:

Sorry grad school is throwing more stress at you in the final hours :(. From what you've said, it sounds like the December graduation is a good (if inconvenient) plan B, so hopefully having that back-up can take away some of the current stress.

On a happier note, I'm glad your back is feeling better! If all else fails, lifting cures everything, right?

Lifting always helps!

5 hours ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

Sometimes you need whining as hard as the darkest of darkest jokes about serious situations. Don let this stress you out

14 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Breathe.  You got this.

18 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

You can do this!

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAIiAAAAJGVjNjhmOWQ1LTMyMzEt

Thanks guys. After some, mental health issues precipitated by all this stress, I'm struggling to finish making the edits my advisor wanted. Almost there though. I really just want to get that done, and get it to him so he can look at it before my defense Friday. If I can even still defend Friday.

I don't want to email him just to ask about the defense, so I figure if I finish up the edits, I can email that to him and ALSO ask about the defense thing. I'm probably overthinking it, but whatever.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

almosttherefinal_0.jpg?itok=g3zVifrr

178762721.jpg?v=1&g=fs1%7C0%7CSKP145%7C6

you-are-almost-there-25-638.jpg?cb=14184

hqdefault.jpg

(next one is not motivational, but made me laugh out loud, so...)

giphy.gif

almost-there-kelli-reed.jpg

Hugs. 

I'm totally going to have to make you 'helped me get through my thesis' cookies.

All of you NF people :) Virtual cookies for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4474065261_4f95455a3d_z.jpg?w=698

keep-calm-we-have-cookies--3.png

darth_cookie_by_reeree6924-d613530.jpg

I need this cross-stitch in my life. Immediately.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

darth_cookie_by_reeree6924-d613530.jpg

I need this cross-stitch in my life. Immediately.

THIS and I want every Tina Belcher Bob's Burgers cross-stitch ever.

il_570xN.563821537_dxtr.jpg 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

THIS and I want every Tina Belcher Bob's Burgers cross-stitch ever.

il_570xN.563821537_dxtr.jpg 

I, amazingly, still have not seen Bob's Burgers, though I've heard it's excellent. It's on my 'to be watched after grad school is FINALLY over' Netflix List.

• Like 1

Finally catching up and sending thesis finishing points your way-----> 50+WIS 50_STA! You got this, almost there!!!

(And then you can watch Bob's Burgers which is truly truly worth a long weekend binge!) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Grizzy said:

Virtual cookies are the best for my diet. 0 calories, 0 carbs. Unfortunately no protein in virtual cookies.

You could get these cookies! They have like 16 grams of protein, which for a cookie is excellent.

the_complet_cookie_chocolate_chip.jpg

I do find them a little dry, but I mean, it's a cookie. With 16g of protein. It could taste like chalk and I'd still be happy.

It's also vegan and dairy free, unlike a lot of protein-enhanced foods (ahem Quest), so I can eat them! Exciting :)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

You could get these cookies! They have like 16 grams of protein, which for a cookie is excellent.

I do find them a little dry, but I mean, it's a cookie. With 16g of protein. It could taste like chalk and I'd still be happy.

It's also vegan and dairy free, unlike a lot of protein-enhanced foods (ahem Quest), so I can eat them! Exciting :)

I'm honestly impressed. Also considering trying my hand at making my own protein cookies or brownies... but I'm sure that will come with a lot of trial and error. And more error. And probably some disasters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grizzy said:

I'm honestly impressed. Also considering trying my hand at making my own protein cookies or brownies... but I'm sure that will come with a lot of trial and error. And more error. And probably some disasters.

I posted a good protein bluberry muffin recipe a while ago. It was like 10g for one jumbo muffin, which isn't fantastic, but it's the best I've found. (and I used not excellent protein powder, because it's what I had. You could probably bump that up with a higher protein # per half cup or whatever the recipe called for) - and I'd eat two, so I'd get 20g of protein.

https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2052975

It makes 12 small muffins (5g each) or 6 large muffins (10g each)

I've tried cookies, I've tried brownies, I've tried peanut butter cups... cooking with protein powder is just hard.

I'm going to have a HUGE kitchen when I move, so I am going to bake all the things :D

SO EXCITED.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

I posted a good protein bluberry muffin recipe a while ago. It was like 10g for one jumbo muffin, which isn't fantastic, but it's the best I've found. (and I used not excellent protein powder, because it's what I had. You could probably bump that up with a higher protein # per half cup or whatever the recipe called for) - and I'd eat two, so I'd get 20g of protein.

https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2052975

It makes 12 small muffins (5g each) or 6 large muffins (10g each)

I've tried cookies, I've tried brownies, I've tried peanut butter cups... cooking with protein powder is just hard.

I'm going to have a HUGE kitchen when I move, so I am going to bake all the things :D

SO EXCITED.

I am so trying this! I just moved and got a bigger kitchen, and it's a wonderful thing. <3

• Like 2

Virtual cookies are also perfect for me, given the whole AIP thing XD.

18 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

That reminds me -- my mom found this while cleaning out the pantry the other day:

LennyLarrys-Muscle-Brownie-Triple-Chocol

Apparently we've been going about building muscle the wrong way...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alanna said:

Virtual cookies are also perfect for me, given the whole AIP thing XD.

That reminds me -- my mom found this while cleaning out the pantry the other day:

LennyLarrys-Muscle-Brownie-Triple-Chocol

Apparently we've been going about building muscle the wrong way...

You can have as many virtual cookies as you would like :D

THEY HAVE BROWNIES! WHAT EVEN. They also make muffins. I don't even know what do now. *does not buy all the things.... does not buy all the things..*

• Like 3

1 hour ago, elvenengineer said:

I agree that, having had several varieties, generally speaking they're dry. The Pumpkin Spice one seemed to avoid this fate somehow, if memory serves. If you're going to try one, that's the best candidate and I'm not even a huge pumpkin spice fan or anything. 

• Like 3

Just now, Urgan said:

I agree that, having had several varieties, generally speaking they're dry. The Pumpkin Spice one seemed to avoid this fate somehow, if memory serves. If you're going to try one, that's the best candidate and I'm not even a huge pumpkin spice fan or anything. 

Agree with this. I pick up a complete cookie if I'm just having a moment of utter cookie despair, any cookie will do, and my protein macro needs help (which is like every day for that last thing). It'll do in a pinch for sweet tooth in place of a normal cookie. Don't expect greatness, though.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I'm not really a pumpkin spice girl. I had one of the lattes once to see what all the fuss was about. It wasn't bad, but I don't understand the hype.

• Like 3

Just now, Grizzy said:

I'm not really a pumpkin spice girl. I had one of the lattes once to see what all the fuss was about. It wasn't bad, but I don't understand the hype.

Yeah, it can range from alright/pleasant enough to OMG I am smelling cloves from the thing I just ate for like ten minutes afterward, lol. 

• Like 4

I NEED TO FIND ME SOME PROTEIN COOKIES. 

Also, you guys and gals, protein pancakes are so easy and hard to mess up. And you can put cookie like things in them like chocolate chunks and then cover them in syrup or peanut butter, or whatever. I think my ratio is 1/3 protein powder to 2/3 pancake mix, but I'd have to double check. I also always add cinnamon. Use vanilla protein powder, OBVIOUSLY. 

But don't binge on these when you are going through a *ahem* constipation *ahem* phase...  unless you find some high fiber pancake mix? 

• Like 3

GUYS I FINISHED MY THESIS!

Well, I had already kind of done that. I finished all the edits my advisor asked me to make. Sent it to the SO for proofreading, then will send to advisor.

Such a weight off my shoulders.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

GUYS I FINISHED MY THESIS!

Well, I had already kind of done that. I finished all the edits my advisor asked me to make. Sent it to the SO for proofreading, then will send to advisor.

Such a weight off my shoulders.

Woooooo! Congratulations! :D

• Like 1