• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

In the spirit of the book Level up your Life, this group is aimed at engineering our characters, stories, and epic quest lines. (And whatever other direction we might like to go.)

This group was originally created by @SnowOwl!

And here is the twist by @Schaengel. Working on our epic story (using the book) is good but if it doesn't results in action it's just collecting underwear (see underpants gnomes in the book) so the twist is, at the beginning of the month we declare 1 area or even better concrete goal with something that we would like to do that is epic and fun but still scares us and try to work it to a point of no return...because ones you can't go back you do stuff ;)

Example:

"I want to try Larping" would be "at the end of the month I will have registered and payed for a Larp-Event." (that this is going to be my goal is purely an coincidence ;) )

also talking/working on our characters and posting motivational pictures is still very much welcome...so hope you like the twist...and let's have epic adventures

• Like 2

al-inspiring-quote-on-taking-risks-2.png

So I'm already pretty much set with my goal for this challenge (because I took an easy one for the start) ;)

I am thinking about trying Larp for two years now (original in an post apocalyptic setting because I'm a sucker for that genre mixed with survival/economy parts and there are some awesome larps with exactly that in Germany (for example one called Fate)) but never had the drive to actual act on that because it's so much work, and expensive and alone it's probably no fun anyway...and so on.

This year I went with a friend (that I hadn't seen for years until this year) to the role play convention (a fair with all nerd stuff, tabletop, pen and paper, larp...you name it ;) ) and we meet some realy nice people from a small larp in our area and decided we finally wanted to try it so already done on this month quest is:

- find a larp I like

- find someone that goes with me to that larp

- get contact to some people from the larp for tips and stuff

still to do:

- buy an NSC place and pay so it is a fixed date...

Maybe I will start a new quest when that ones finished...I think I'll start a collections of items here soon...

So what are you up to? :D

• Like 3

Okay! I have chosen to focus on my Master Learning quest chain. It involves a thorough exploration of the subject in question. I want to apply this to the subjects I need to learn about for setting up and running my start-up.

For specifics, I'm going to grab them from Operation Whack-A-Ferret's briefing:

Tactics Manual

• Foray into Zone 'V' 
  • Agent Training
  • Dilemmas
  • Agility
  • Operations
  • Critical Strategy

Need to develop a manual on each subject. Foray into Zone 'V' is actually an operation so the manual is a step by step walkthrough, and Agent Training requires to go through the training while making the manual.

M1 - Master Learning

These subquests: 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 5.1, 5.2

One subject: Acquire, understand, explore, apply, and debug.

(Process based on Scott Young's book "Learn more, Study Less")

This is still my character, it hasn't leveled up since two challenges ago (only 30 XP but I didn't bother changing it >,<). Hoping to raise the bar on this one!

FH2x5k3.jpg 

• Like 3

My summer quest is to go backpacking for four days/three or four nights. This will probably have to wait until this fall when the mosquitos have died down, but I can start building up to it and getting things ready throughout the summer. I will keep thinking about a shorter-term goal, but for now I will start with this. 

And so I don't back out because while I love to be out in the wilderness, it's also very scary to be sleeping in a little tent with no other people (besides my husband) or structures around if there is an emergency or a bear, I will start planning the trip and telling people about it. Today I mentioned it to my husband and asked him to figure out some places without mosquitos where we could get in some shorter practices.

• Like 3

I thought of another one that I'm working on right now! Konmari my whole house / create a more minimalist house.

I'm getting rid of one thing (minimum) everyday this challenge, but I also donated a huge load during zero week.

• Like 3

Okay I already have my next quest kinda ready when I finished the LARP thingy and to keep it in my mind (and also have people that might bug me about it so that I do it) it's: JOIN A PEN AND  PAPER Round

(I played the star wars pen and paper with a friend at RPC some weeks ago and it was awesome, also a fixed fun date in the week would be good to have some relaxing even when in project work)

To Dos:

-Check for Players/Group in the area

if that fails

-check out roll 20

-buy headset

-join online pen and paper

Starts: When Larp Quest is finished :)

• Like 3

Hey everyone,

I can't quite decide on mine. So, I was wondering if any of you could take a gander to my epic quest character page and pick something from the skills list for me to focus on. There might be some that I absolutely can't do right now, but I should be able to work on most for sure. If you could do that it would be absolutely awesome. Thanks. :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Artemis12 said:

Hey everyone,

I can't quite decide on mine. So, I was wondering if any of you could take a gander to my epic quest character page and pick something from the skills list for me to focus on. There might be some that I absolutely can't do right now, but I should be able to work on most for sure. If you could do that it would be absolutely awesome. Thanks. :)

I would vote for Night Vale Show because there on tour with Ghost Storys at the end of the year (at least in Europe)...;)

7 hours ago, SnowOwl said:

I vote for yo-yo tricks with a video posted upon success. :D

but Yo-Yo tricks with a video at the end of the month (and us bugging you about your training ;P ) sounds fine too :)

• Like 1

I would love to do a Night Vale show, but they're not showing nearby (at least nearby enough to drive there and back in one day). As a result I don't have the money to spare nor can I take off work for it. Bummer. :(

I guess that means it's on to the yo-yo! With a video, which I have no idea how to do, but what better time to learn. :)

• Like 3

Sleepy! but I plan to go rampage after lunch.

These two days I worked on small quests, today I should tackle the learning quest; the one I care about most for this league.

I'll let you know how far I got by tonight.

images+(14).jpg

How far I got tonight: moved forward on the info acquisition phase, at least 2 units of 8 in a course. I'm sure I can go faster than this on a more productive day. Once I finish the course I can make sure I understand and begin the Exploration phase. 

This one I started isn't the priority though. I've yet to purchase the big deal one tonight and that's the one I need to go through the phases with first.

How are you doing?

Edited by Aeri-sand
How far I got
  • Like 2

At the start of this challenge I had two yo-yos. One was my first, a Duncan Imperial, which works well for somethings. I just can't get it to sleep more than a few seconds. My second was a Yomega Fireball but I couldn't get it to return no matter what I did. It broke somehow a while back. So today I bit the bullet and bought a brand new Yomega Fireball. It works great for my purposes. The sleep is about twice as long as the Imperial and it's a bit easier to get it on the string for string tricks. I've been practicing a few things every night. So far I've got the forward pass, Rock the Baby, and Walk the Dog down pretty well. There are a couple of others but my delivery of them is still somewhat lacking. But things are looking pretty good. I might have more than the ten if things keep going as they are.

• Like 3

I'm in now that I discovered the challenge continues. I like the twist.

I have two things. My first one is to finish my first draft of my novel by July 15. The second one is to enroll Buddy in a training class by the end of the month to refresh his skills for agility training.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Jayniana Jones said:

I'm in now that I discovered the challenge continues. I like the twist.

I have two things. My first one is to finish my first draft of my novel by July 15. The second one is to enroll Buddy in a training class by the end of the month to refresh his skills for agility training.

Those sound like awesome goals...can't wait for buddy pics (and also to read your story when it arrives at my book-dealer ;):D )

• Like 2