• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SpecialSundae

SpecialSundae tries not to be a whiny little bitch

GOALS NOW ADDED (original post below)

1. I have confidence in me
    Say something nice about yourself every day and share with the class.
  2. Push It
    Eat 2600 calories a day (or an average of 18200 a week) and evaluate based on how my weight fluctuates.
  3. I like to move it, move it
    Do yoga once a week. Go to pilates once a week. Have a massage once during the challenge.
  4. Sing
    Sing. Don't care when or how or if I post video, but just to spend a little bit of time once a week singing either at the piano or along to musicals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I'm hitting the post-comp low. I'm feeling like I only won because I was lucky and everyone else is improving faster than I am. 

I hit comp PBs across the board and still I feel like I'm rubbish! I really need to sort my mindset!

I'm going to keep this challenge simple. Lift things. Make friends. Try not to whine as much. 

Meh... I'll try to work out the challenge in full later. Ideas welcome!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Steaky said:

Keep being awesome and helpful and knowledgeable and doing all the lifts?

I've just been sending out emails to my class attendees. I think I was just a bit knocked for six by the fact that only one guy showed up tonight (three were booked in) and, whilst he was absolutely delighted that he basically got a personal training session, the classes will be cancelled if I don't get two or more attendees a week!

I think it's more impressive that you are accomplished enough to win your weight class and working hard enough to PB all (3) lifts while doing it.  Usually, I should think someone who is strong enough to win would have a hard time improving that much between competitions.  Trust in the work you put in.

/followed.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

I've just been sending out emails to my class attendees. I think I was just a bit knocked for six by the fact that only one guy showed up tonight (three were booked in) and, whilst he was absolutely delighted that he basically got a personal training session, the classes will be cancelled if I don't get two or more attendees a week!

I can imagine that's really frustrating. Here's hoping that doesn't happen again, because it would be great if you could continue helping others.

• Like 1

It's amazing the battles we each fight with success.

I listen to a very entertaining and successful preacher via podcast (he's even Scottish, though he's been in the US for 30 years).  He says that he "resigns" from the ministry almost every Sunday night because he feels like such a failure (with a congregation in the thousands and a world wide ministry).  He also says the his wife tells him to shut up about it every Sunday night...

• Like 6

It's amazing that no matter the wins, that dark little voice manages to rear it's ugly head. Here to remind you how amazing you are, what an inspiration you are, and hopefully whack that voice in it's ugly head! (Okay, these guys are kinda cute, but you get the point!)

H1PMLL7.gif

• Like 4

I think it all comes back to passion. If your not thinking about what you did wrong, what you can do better, or that there is always somewhere there sniffing around the corner trying to catch up to you then what reason is there to get up in the morning. I know my biggest motivator to training isn't trying to lift the most weight I can, it's to catch up, overtake and beat people at a sport I love and want to do well in.

That's why I think competing is such a good tool in the tool shed. People who don't compete don't have that drive, or fear of doing poorly to motivate them when they need it.

Just keep looking at what your doing critically, and find the best path for you. Look forward to seeing what you do.

• Like 1

Just want to thank you for posting up your comp videos and spreadsheets and honest P(eeee)B's ;)

I hope your classes continue, what you can teach others would be priceless.

Not to threadjack but @TaylorFit I beg to differ. :)

"People who don't compete don't have that drive, or fear of doing poorly to motivate them when they need it"

• Like 6

I'm hoping that having a competitive Training buddy will help spur me on. I'm forever feeling like what I've done can't be that good because I've done it and everyone else is better, even if they're lifting less now they'll lift more than me soon.

Ugh. I suspect it's just post-comp exhaustion. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I'm not going to lie, I nearly spat out my tea when I read your title hahahah

I expect it from @mattyboy7one8 or @Rookiebeotch, but not you.( ;-) HI GUYS!!!!)

I've been horrific the last few days and I'm horrible after competitions. I get so down that I spend weeks being a total misery guts.

Can't decide what to actually do, though!

17 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

I've been horrific the last few days and I'm horrible after competitions. I get so down that I spend weeks being a total misery guts.

Pick a thing.  Anything.  And do it.  Or make a list, tear them into strips, put them in a bag and pick one, or have Grant pick one or .....you don't have a dog.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

I don't lift competitively (yet) but I have a similar problem after work stuff or grad school stuff :(

No tips really, just sympathy. You'll get through it. For me, knowing it happens every time and that it goes away helps.

Maybe just pick something and do it? Wildross's idea is good.

19 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

I hit comp PBs across the board and still I feel like I'm rubbish! I really need to sort my mindset!

Step one is acknowledging the problem! You did awesome and feel terrible. Something is wrong with this picture.

11 hours ago, evabo said:

Soooo I'm pretty sure "luck" is not what gives you a near 400 Wilks :D

Who knew luck had such amazing force production, yeah??

19 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

I'm going to keep this challenge simple. Lift things. Make friends. Try not to whine as much. 

Sounds like a fine challenge to me when you're working on breaking the post-comp blues. Find something that makes you happy and do that thing often??

• Like 4

Something I always tell myself:

Do not discount your success based on other's success.

We are all on our own journey, and if you hit a PR, and the girl next to you hits a bigger PR, that doesn't make your PR less impressive or anything less to celebrate. (What makes theirs 'bigger' anyway?? pure kilos? time frame since their last?? injuries? too many things go into this)

Put your blinders on, focus on you, and be the best SS you can be.  Every ounce of energy you put into worrying about someone else's lifts is an ounce of energy that could be going into yours. 

You're making great progress. Keep doing that. :)

• Like 15

Maybe try a bunch of fun stuff for the challenge, even if it's not athletic?

I got some spare poi now and I know where to find people who play with them on fire, if you're interested. ;)

Also, we should get coffee or something for real. :P

Oh, and you definitely won because you're awesome, of course.

• Like 1

Seriously you are such an inspiration and your accomplishments are so amazing. Other people be damned, keep pushing forward and focus on you! But if you're feeling burnt out there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a beat and doing something fun and just for you.

sent from the depths of the Ionian Nebula

32 minutes ago, sterre said:

I got some spare poi now and I know where to find people who play with them on fire, if you're interested. ;)

Love not done this in so long, like years.  But fire (when done safely) is so much fun and so relaxing. I might have to get mine out over the summer to practice for October ;) 

1 minute ago, Steaky said:

Love not done this in so long, like years.  But fire (when done safely) is so much fun and so relaxing. I might have to get mine out over the summer to practice for October ;) 

I tried fire for the first time ever on Monday. It was equal parts fun and terrifying (I think that as long as you stick with tricks you know you're good at, it's basically fine).

The sound is also awesome.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sterre said:

I tried fire for the first time ever on Monday. It was equal parts fun and terrifying (I think that as long as you stick with tricks you know you're good at, it's basically fine).

The sound is also awesome.

The sounds is so relaxing.   Dont try to get passed the terror of it too quickly, as long as you have an experience spotter, you're fine. 

I have set myself on fire a few times in the past, mostly it was my hair from not paying attention to what I was doing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Postpartum depression lifting-style? After that flashing happiness hormone cocktail of hitting PB´s and winning falling into misery guts? Okay, enough sciencebullshit - there are already many great advices in the other answers above. I like the nonlifting fun stuff the most in this case. Singing songs you love maybe?

• Like 1