• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SpecialSundae

SpecialSundae tries not to be a whiny little bitch

I've realised today that a lot of my problem is that I have too much on my plate. I've got work, training, classes, two committees, trying to have a social life, trying to look after my husband, trying to run a household. 

I'm exhausted. Tired to the bone. Adding to that list probably isn't the wisest.

I got home today to find that I've got a bill for a physio appointment that I missed because I was so snowed under that I completely forgot I had it. I need a bit of space. 

I'm going to carry on thinking but I don't think adding activities is the best plan. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

I've realised today that a lot of my problem is that I have too much on my plate. I've got work, training, classes, two committees, trying to have a social life, trying to look after my husband, trying to run a household. 

I'm exhausted. Tired to the bone. Adding to that list probably isn't the wisest.

I got home today to find that I've got a bill for a physio appointment that I missed because I was so snowed under that I completely forgot I had it. I need a bit of space. 

I'm going to carry on thinking but I don't think adding activities is the best plan. 

Take a back seat with the committees for a while, not be as active, to give yourself a bit of space?

1 minute ago, Steaky said:

Take a back seat with the committees for a while, not be as active, to give yourself a bit of space?

That's kind of what I'm thinking. 

On top of everything else, I've got my neurosurgery consult this month, which is terrifying. 

1 minute ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Maybe you could just try to drop something whenever you get the chance and do something with Grant instead?

Nothing is really droppable on a casual basis. 

6 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

Okay, now you say it - that sounds a bit more pre-burnout. Focus on stuff you need to do and the things that are really important for you. Adding more activities will definitely be the wrong way then

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Steaky said:

The sounds is so relaxing.   Dont try to get passed the terror of it too quickly, as long as you have an experience spotter, you're fine. 

I have set myself on fire a few times in the past, mostly it was my hair from not paying attention to what I was doing. 

*wince*

I definitely tied my hair into a braid to keep it relatively safe on the off-chance I'd actually give it a shot. And then I mostly just stuck with simple tricks.

1 minute ago, sterre said:

*wince*

I definitely tied my hair into a braid to keep it relatively safe on the off-chance I'd actually give it a shot. And then I mostly just stuck with simple tricks.

I always had short hair when doing it, that didn't help :lol: 

My favourite move was always the buzz saw. Had so many blisters on my fingers from string and cord rubbing against them doing buzz saw variations

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

Maybe instead of more activities, you try to schedule a day where you do nothing? Like maybe Sundays, you just lie in bed, watch movies and maybe make food occasionally.

• Like 1

I'm going to give it a couple of days. At the moment, my head is too frazzled.

That's probably the best idea.

Take a couple of days to relax and calm down and then you can decide what you want to do with a clear head! :) 

• Like 1

Breathe, SS. I totally get the too much on the plate!

Taking a couple of days will be the best thing. A little self love and mental down time, sounds awesome!

For me I always go back to my priorities............family, household, everything else. The everything else's then get prioritised in order of how they will affect my family and household. But everyone is different. 

• Like 1

SS, look at all the people that believe in you :):):) 

It definitely isn't misplaced. 

Get some rest and we'll see you soon.

• Like 3

Okay, so I'm following along, because, I know this feeling well. I really need to stop getting reference points of strength expectations from world class athletes on instagram. I just keep feeling pathetically weak.

Also, the too much on your plate thing, yeah, I'm quickly headed in that direction. So I'll follow along for the possibility of learning something about managing priorities, as well as because I think you're awesome, and I still use you as an example of what heavy lifting can do for people. You're an inspiration, don't ever forget that.

• Like 1

Doing something fun for your could totally be a non-activity.  Like a nap or just some good ol' fashioned R&R.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, sterre said:

Maybe instead of more activities, you try to schedule a day where you do nothing? Like maybe Sundays, you just lie in bed, watch movies and maybe make food occasionally.

I second this.

My wife and I schedule "off days" because our schedule is so hectic. We were totally on burnout and this saved us (and our marriage). We do things on the "off days" (some fun, some not), but we don't schedule anything ahead of time and, instead, do what we want/feel called to do in the moment. It takes some getting used to for those that live by THE ALMIGHTY SCHEDULE, but it's quite liberating.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Breathe, SS. I totally get the too much on the plate!

Taking a couple of days will be the best thing. A little self love and mental down time, sounds awesome!

For me I always go back to my priorities............family, household, everything else. The everything else's then get prioritised in order of how they will affect my family and household. But everyone is different. 

I'm giving myself a few days to get my life back together. I've been really stressed out and tired and it's just all a bit too much at the moment. 

20 hours ago, Pat G said:

SS, look at all the people that believe in you :):):) 

It definitely isn't misplaced. 

Get some rest and we'll see you soon.

Thanks! I treated myself to a long, hot bath last night and I'm going to give myself some time over the weekend just to chill!

7 hours ago, GingaNinja said:

Your face,

It is easy to give ourselves a hard time, don't beat yourself up, You do an impressive amount!

I was at a conference today where one of the talks was about trying to overcome those negative things people say. It takes so much effort but it can be done! 

7 hours ago, Juni0r83 said:

Okay, so I'm following along, because, I know this feeling well. I really need to stop getting reference points of strength expectations from world class athletes on instagram. I just keep feeling pathetically weak.

Also, the too much on your plate thing, yeah, I'm quickly headed in that direction. So I'll follow along for the possibility of learning something about managing priorities, as well as because I think you're awesome, and I still use you as an example of what heavy lifting can do for people. You're an inspiration, don't ever forget that.

Remember that they all started somewhere. They weren't instantly strong. You're doing great and you just need to get on trucking because there's a lot of strong in you!

7 hours ago, Raxie said:

Doing something fun for your could totally be a non-activity.  Like a nap or just some good ol' fashioned R&R.

I think an unstructured goal around that might actually be a really good idea. 

3 hours ago, Wolverine said:

I second this.

My wife and I schedule "off days" because our schedule is so hectic. We were totally on burnout and this saved us (and our marriage). We do things on the "off days" (some fun, some not), but we don't schedule anything ahead of time and, instead, do what we want/feel called to do in the moment. It takes some getting used to for those that live by THE ALMIGHTY SCHEDULE, but it's quite liberating.

I'm fairly good with off days, just been overloading a bit for a while and didn't get caught up. :( 

I do have a real tendency to let little things stress me and to focus on the negative things people say rather than brushing them off. Years on and I still won't sing in front of Grant after he complained about it when we first got together.

Okay, I will find goals soon but thought I'd update you on what I was up to today!

Completely unrelated to fitness in some ways, I was at a conference today which was actually really helpful in terms of all of it.

The first speaker talked about having passion in what you do and how making a difference makes life worthwhile.

The second speaker talked about moving on from negativity to take centre stage in your own life (and having confidence in yourself)

The last speaker (there were four in between less relevant) spoke about social media and how passion shows through. 

I'm going to look over my notes and the presentations and use those to help with the challenge. 

I do get really bogged down by other people's negativity. I have a huge amount of passion for lifting and for helping people learn to lift but I get really down when I remember all the negative things people have said and lose confidence in myself. I need to try to find a way to maintain confidence in myself.

• Like 2

I've only known you a relatively short time, but your passion for lifting and for helping other people not only lift, but understand lifting better is clear to see. It's a nice thing to see. 

Ignoring the the negative comments is often easier said than done, but it can be done, with time & effort. 

I I think you should carry on with the singing this month as well as you seemed to enjoy that last month. 

The conference sounds good. Hope your notes are helpful :) 

11 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Remember that they all started somewhere. They weren't instantly strong. You're doing great and you just need to get on trucking because there's a lot of strong in you!

So how is it you can provide all the support in the world for everyone else, but you can't seem to listen when we all try to tell you how much you inspire those around you?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Steaky said:

I've only known you a relatively short time, but your passion for lifting and for helping other people not only lift, but understand lifting better is clear to see. It's a nice thing to see. 

Ignoring the the negative comments is often easier said than done, but it can be done, with time & effort. 

I I think you should carry on with the singing this month as well as you seemed to enjoy that last month. 

The conference sounds good. Hope your notes are helpful :) 

I might include singing but not putting up videos of it. 

7 hours ago, Juni0r83 said:

So how is it you can provide all the support in the world for everyone else, but you can't seem to listen when we all try to tell you how much you inspire those around you?

Because I have very low self-esteem and therefore value others more than myself. :( 

Because I have very low self-esteem and therefore value others more than myself. :( 

I can relate, but you really shouldn't. And here's why: I used a picture of you just last night to convince a friend of mine that lifting weights the way I do wouldn't make her look manly. Her response: "sign me up!". You're also the bench mark Kerri uses to figure out how strong she is. You inspire people literally on the other side of the planet.

• Like 7