• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SpecialSundae

SpecialSundae tries not to be a whiny little bitch

Just now, Juni0r83 said:

I can relate, but you really shouldn't. And here's why: I used a picture of you just last night to convince a friend of mine that lifting weights the way I do wouldn't make her look manly. Her response: "sign me up!". You're also the bench mark Kerri uses to figure out how strong she is. You inspire people literally on the other side of the planet.

Logically, I know this. I just have issues. 

On the "helping people on the other side of the planet" thing, I have a nice story from this week. @evabo messaged me with a friend of hers who is competing at IPF Worlds in the Masters classes for Australia. She'd found out that her coach wouldn't be able to do the remote support that they'd been planning (it's really hard to do that even if things had gone to plan). I know a bunch other lifters going so put her in touch with a woman I'm pretty close with who is competing on her platform in her session as well as one of the other Aussie Masters lifters who is also a good international coach who is going to make sure that someone on the Aussie team looks after her! 

Despite being on the wrong side of the world, and not even being chosen to go to Worlds, I've managed to help someone who might come home with medals in her age and weight class to feel more confident about going to Texas. :) 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

Logically, I know this. I just have issues. 

Someone much wiser than me once (a few times actually) said: "Learn to tell them to STFU".

Do you know who that was? :P 

• Like 2

Just now, AugustaAdaByron said:

Someone much wiser than me once (a few times actually) said: "Learn to tell them to STFU".

Do you know who that was? :P 

No idea... I would never fucking swear! ;)

By the way, Tasmin, Marc and I enjoyed some of the chocolate today!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

I might include singing but not putting up videos of it. 

Because I have very low self-esteem and therefore value others more than myself. :( 

2 minutes ago, Juni0r83 said:

See how awesome you are?

This!

I was talking to a co-worker about fitness and loosing weight to look better, showed her pics of you and spezzy for evidence. She was impressed!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

No idea... I would never fucking swear! ;)

By the way, Tasmin, Marc and I enjoyed some of the chocolate today!

Yay! :D 

Speaking of examples, I mentioned knowing someone who squat 135kg, benched 75kg, and deadlifted 140kg on a competition to a bunch of guys whose response was "Wow!" this past week.

Since you'd never ever fucking swear, do you happen to know anyone with those numbers?;)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Juni0r83 said:

I can relate, but you really shouldn't. And here's why: I used a picture of you just last night to convince a friend of mine that lifting weights the way I do wouldn't make her look manly. Her response: "sign me up!". You're also the bench mark Kerri uses to figure out how strong she is. You inspire people literally on the other side of the planet.

Too true. You didn't get where you are by luck or accident, and as such are proof to many that it is in fact possible to become really strong. Bad opinions didn't make you, they have no business holding you back. I hope one day you come to realize on a deep emotional level that faaaaar more people admire you than not (who are they, anyway?) and that while what people think can be helpful, it shouldn't be mainlined straight to your soul. You are more than what you do. 

• Like 4

Just now, AugustaAdaByron said:

Yay! :D 

Speaking of examples, I mentioned knowing someone who squat 135kg, benched 75kg, and deadlifted 140kg on a competition to a bunch of guys whose response was "Wow!" this past week.

Since you'd never ever fucking swear, do you happen to know anyone with those numbers?;)

Nope. No one at all!

Meh. I know it's dumb. I know I impress other people, I just don't really impress myself.

By the way, we were talking about a CastIronStrength/OnlineStrengthCoach invasion of Berlin at some point. Apparently, Tasmin shares Jaymul and Marc's love of German beers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Too true. You didn't get where you are by luck or accident, and as such are proof to many that it is in fact possible to become really strong. Bad opinions didn't make you, they have no business holding you back. I hope one day you come to realize on a deep emotional level that faaaaar more people admire you than not (who are they, anyway?) and that while what people think can be helpful, it shouldn't be mainlined straight to your soul. You are more than what you do. 

I think I just need to learn to value myself and that's a lot harder. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

Nope. No one at all!

Meh. I know it's dumb. I know I impress other people, I just don't really impress myself.

By the way, we were talking about a CastIronStrength/OnlineStrengthCoach invasion of Berlin at some point. Apparently, Tasmin shares Jaymul and Marc's love of German beers. 

So that's what I need to do to get you all to visit! I'll only be moving to places with great beer! (Regardless of not being really fond of beer.)

Also, yaaaaay, one more chance to be the weakest one! :P 

1 minute ago, SpecialSundae said:

Well, until then, I'll still be sitting here obnoxiously reminding you of how much other's value you.

• Like 3

A couple of happy things from today. I think lifting with Tasmin is really going to drive me on. :)

My back decided that it didn't want to play today but I still did speedy squats at 110kg and bench up to 67.5kg. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

So that's what I need to do to get you all to visit! I'll only be moving to places with great beer! (Regardless of not being really fond of beer.)

Also, yaaaaay, one more chance to be the weakest one! :P 

I'm not really big on beer, but I love German baking! :D OOH! German sausages! I love currywurst mit pommes. 

2 minutes ago, Juni0r83 said:

Well, until then, I'll still be sitting here obnoxiously reminding you of how much other's value you.

Thank you! :D 

• Like 2

Just now, SpecialSundae said:

If you don't already, that's one thing barbells can't do for you--there's no number of plates that will outweigh insecurities brought on by what people say or don't say. Having healthy self-worth is something that comes from inside and it doesn't hinge completely on what you do, looking only outside gives you turmoil because people will hurt you and let you down at the worst moments. It is hard, but difficult stuff hasn't stopped you before, right?

• Like 2

Just now, Urgan said:

If you don't already, that's one thing barbells can't do for you--there's no number of plates that will outweigh insecurities brought on by what people say or don't say. Having healthy self-worth is something that comes from inside and it doesn't hinge completely on what you do, looking only outside gives you turmoil because people will hurt you and let you down at the worst moments. It is hard, but difficult stuff hasn't stopped you before, right?

Oh, absolutely! I think it will be a life-long battle! 

• Like 2

Just now, SpecialSundae said:

Oh, absolutely! I think it will be a life-long battle! 

And we'll be here backing you up, good days and bad. You will totally find that peace of mind. 

• Like 1

I've been thinking about goals. I resist setting them because I feel so disappointed when I fail to hit them. I really want to keep my serious goals realistic and moderate at the moment, so my goals for year are to hit 140kg squat, 80kg bench (in comp) and 150kg deadlift. 

In an ideal world, I'd rather see 150kg squat, 90kg bench and 180kg deadlift... but that's longer-term! ;) 

• Like 2

Thoughts on goals:

1. Confidence - Try to say something positive about myself every day and mean it!
  2. Push the calories - Start tracking again and open at 17500 a week. 
  3. Keep things moving - Get back to going to yoga once a week.
  4. Sing - Sing in the shower. Sing by the piano. Sing as I walk. Just sing!

I need to keep things simple because I'm feeling low. 

• Like 9

One of the talks yesterday was about being honest and passionate on social media, so I'm trying to do a bit more talking about my mindset rather than just sharing pictures of meals and videos of good lifts:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

Someone said today that eating meat is evil.

First thought in my mind...

That's an excellent thought.