16 hours ago, Evicious said:

@DJtrippyT OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just squee-ed so hard I almost cried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

And it's now your avatar!  haha.  Well played.

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Happy Friday!

• Like 1

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

Howz things??

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

hahahaha i LOVE the bear avatar. My work here is DONE

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

So Very Current: Self-Care    Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

On 6/24/2016 at 9:31 AM, Oramac said:

And it's now your avatar!  haha.  Well played.

2 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

hahahaha i LOVE the bear avatar. My work here is DONE

Right? :D I am WUNDER BAR!!! :P

On 6/26/2016 at 7:15 AM, Rinna said:

Howz things??

Thingsiz hectic, with the pace at work kicking my ass last Friday. I took a lot of down time over the weekend; the most adulting I did was on Sunday, when I interspersed gaming with cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry. I also let my diet go wild - but I did keep track with MFP, so that's an improvement. Definitely back on track today, though. I even ran home over lunch to get my gym bag, because I knew that if I waited until after work I'd just go home and stay there.

fce309ce1f29215efd8e29eebe0b02b8.jpg

• Like 6

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

13 minutes ago, Evicious said:

Right? :D I am WUNDER BAR!!! :P

Thingsiz hectic, with the pace at work kicking my ass last Friday. I took a lot of down time over the weekend; the most adulting I did was on Sunday, when I interspersed gaming with cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry. I also let my diet go wild - but I did keep track with MFP, so that's an improvement. Definitely back on track today, though. I even ran home over lunch to get my gym bag, because I knew that if I waited until after work I'd just go home and stay there.

fce309ce1f29215efd8e29eebe0b02b8.jpg

I feel ya.  Tweaked my neck last week, and took some time off as well.  Couldn't completly stop adulting due to pre-teen son. (Can you say anarchy?  He requires mucho adulting) Diet also wild, but only a little. Forgot to track one day, went over the next quite a bit.  But it was due to yummy coconut cashews.  So, almost healthy.  I'm back at it today also.  Even tho I don wanna.....

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

I was also in the wild diet club last week due to the hormone monster, a last minute party invite and a general lack of will power. Good job getting back on track!

• Like 1

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

I think tracking can be a really useful tool in itself; even if you do go a bit over the top. At least you have the data to identify what's fine and where you can improve.

• Like 2

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Homemaking - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

18 hours ago, Rinna said:

I feel ya.  Tweaked my neck last week, and took some time off as well.  Couldn't completly stop adulting due to pre-teen son. (Can you say anarchy?  He requires mucho adulting) Diet also wild, but only a little. Forgot to track one day, went over the next quite a bit.  But it was due to yummy coconut cashews.  So, almost healthy.  I'm back at it today also.  Even tho I don wanna.....

Ouch, and yikes! Hope your neck is feeling better; but good on ya for keeping up with the kid. One of the many reasons I have pets and not children - I can go to jail for locking the kids in a kennel. :P Coconut cashews sound AMAZING, btw!

14 hours ago, honeybadger said:

I was also in the wild diet club last week due to the hormone monster, a last minute party invite and a general lack of will power. Good job getting back on track!

Hormones are such a bitch. Men will never know the struggle. But it sounds like you're back on track, too, so we'll keep pushing forward together! :)

52 minutes ago, Jarric said:

I think tracking can be a really useful tool in itself; even if you do go a bit over the top. At least you have the data to identify what's fine and where you can improve.

Yep! I have my MFP daily total goal set at 1,200 kcal but I seem to be averaging around 1,500 kcal (which I'm fine with, because I'm also working out so I know I need the extra calories). Tracking is also how I've become such a fan of batch cooking and meal prepping: the days I don't do it, my diet goes all over the place! When I prep, breakfast and lunch are almost always on track; and because they're on track, dinner usually ends up being on point as well.

So, I must confess: in spite of my best efforts, I did not make it to the gym after work yesterday. Well, I suppose I can't honestly call it my "best effort" - theoretically, that would have resulted in my actually going to the gym and then slaughtering my workout... But I was all out of motivation by the time I clocked out. My husband did have an amazing dinner ready by the time I got home (Caribbean-jerked chicken breast and seasoned veggies!!!) and we were asleep about 21:00. I almost didn't get up to go to the gym this morning, but I had to admit that all I was gonna do was lie there and think about how I was supposed to be at the gym anyway. 

I was two exercises into my workout when my running partner texted and asked if I wanted to go for a run. As Tuesdays are supposed to be one of my running days I decided to suck it up and hit the pavement with her, and I'm really glad I did. Even though Ron Swanson would have some choice words for me...

tumblr_mfzpuxNZgD1ql86bho1_500.gif

... and I do agree with him... I'm still happy about today. It was awkward, but I got to do my two of my favorite exercises - deadlifts and running - and I can still get points for both Monday and Tuesday workouts. Now, it's time for me to settle in and get ready for another long day at work. Thank the gods for coffee...

Memo to self: Update your Week 2 stats post!

• Like 5

Keep up the momentum!

44 minutes ago, Evicious said:

Ouch, and yikes! Hope your neck is feeling better; but good on ya for keeping up with the kid. One of the many reasons I have pets and not children - I can go to jail for locking the kids in a kennel. :P Coconut cashews sound AMAZING, btw!

Hormones are such a bitch. Men will never know the struggle. But it sounds like you're back on track, too, so we'll keep pushing forward together! :)

Yep! I have my MFP daily total goal set at 1,200 kcal but I seem to be averaging around 1,500 kcal (which I'm fine with, because I'm also working out so I know I need the extra calories). Tracking is also how I've become such a fan of batch cooking and meal prepping: the days I don't do it, my diet goes all over the place! When I prep, breakfast and lunch are almost always on track; and because they're on track, dinner usually ends up being on point as well.

So, I must confess: in spite of my best efforts, I did not make it to the gym after work yesterday. Well, I suppose I can't honestly call it my "best effort" - theoretically, that would have resulted in my actually going to the gym and then slaughtering my workout... But I was all out of motivation by the time I clocked out. My husband did have an amazing dinner ready by the time I got home (Caribbean-jerked chicken breast and seasoned veggies!!!) and we were asleep about 21:00. I almost didn't get up to go to the gym this morning, but I had to admit that all I was gonna do was lie there and think about how I was supposed to be at the gym anyway. 

I was two exercises into my workout when my running partner texted and asked if I wanted to go for a run. As Tuesdays are supposed to be one of my running days I decided to suck it up and hit the pavement with her, and I'm really glad I did. Even though Ron Swanson would have some choice words for me...

tumblr_mfzpuxNZgD1ql86bho1_500.gif

... and I do agree with him... I'm still happy about today. It was awkward, but I got to do my two of my favorite exercises - deadlifts and running - and I can still get points for both Monday and Tuesday workouts. Now, it's time for me to settle in and get ready for another long day at work. Thank the gods for coffee...

Memo to self: Update your Week 2 stats post!

You you have a recipe for that chicken?  It sounds amazing!

Hormones..... The bane of my existence.  It gets worse.  Wait until you're in your 40's and hit pre menopause.  Talk about whack-a-doodle! (Unless you are in your 40's already, then you feel me)

I am a champion half-asser. Maybe I should work on that.....

Ranger on, friends!

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

24 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Hormones..... The bane of my existence.  It gets worse.  Wait until you're in your 40's and hit pre menopause.  Talk about whack-a-doodle! (Unless you are in your 40's already, then you feel me)

I totally feel you. I was not expecting things to get worse. Wow how many different ways pre menopause can mess with you!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Evicious said:

My husband did have an amazing dinner ready by the time I got home (Caribbean-jerked chicken breast and seasoned veggies!!!)

Seconding @Rinna's request - recipe please!

20 hours ago, Rinna said:

I got to do my two of my favorite exercises - deadlifts and running

Sounds like a good day :) 

• Like 2

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Homemaking - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

On 6/28/2016 at 8:09 AM, Rinna said:

You you have a recipe for that chicken?  It sounds amazing!

On 6/28/2016 at 8:37 AM, honeybadger said:

I totally feel you. I was not expecting things to get worse. Wow how many different ways pre menopause can mess with you!

On 6/29/2016 at 4:46 AM, Jarric said:

Seconding @Rinna's request - recipe please!

1. Can I just state, for the record, how much I absolutely hate being female? Or at least, how much I hate being a female human - do cats go through menopause? If not, then I want to be a cat. If they do, then my original statement stands.
  2. I don't actually have a recipe, since it was my husband who cooked it... but I have a sneaking suspicion it had something to do with the bottle of Caribbean jerk sauce on the counter, and the way he basted the chicken every 15 minutes or so while it was baking. :P

Alright, the frenetic pace at work has once again subsided, so I am definitely feeling more settled now and looking forward again to fulfilling my challenge goals.

Team Dowager's Doom - I will put in more effort on the Mini Challenge now!

My husband came with me to the gym this morning, and promptly strained a trapezius doing skull crushers. :jaded: Fortunately (and probably also unfortunately), he's extremely stubborn and has decided not to use that as an excuse to continue his most recent couch potato streak. I'm assuming this decision is stemming from a recent job suggestion/offer he received to join the Hot Shot crew in our area. He really would do well in a career like that (although I admit, I may die of worry-related stress during the "on" season), and his initial research on the offer put immense emphasis on the physical fitness level required to perform, so that's his motivation now.

My motivation is to look sexy in my pirate costume for Halloween. :P One of us is going to change the world for the better, and I'm betting my knock-off corset that I'm not Neo.

Anyhoo, I was pleased that my running partner also showed up this morning. She did excellent, despite the fact that a lot of the work we did was free weight (something she's not 100% comfortable with - yet ;)). I was very proud of her. Also, she has freakishly strong biceps! Given that today was CT, that didn't help her much... but still! The girl can curl weights I won't even look at! We've made plans to run this Saturday, and hopefully the weather will cooperate enough that we can go hiking on Sunday. I haven't been hiking in... what? 2... 3... weeks? I've missed it tremendously.

Now that work has settled down again, I think my last week of this challenge is gonna rock. ^_^

• Like 6

Keep up the momentum!

How are things going??

• Like 2

On 6/30/2016 at 0:31 PM, doctorake said:

Pirate you say!

Yaaarrrrggghhh! :pirate: Yep! I bought one of those cheapo costumes off the internet for Halloween about 4 years back, and I fell in love with the whole persona! This year I want to put together a quality "pirate wench" identity, so I can flounce around all the local festivals and such. Plus, my husband has a kickass swashbuckler thing going on, so it will be extra fun playing the prettier part of a salty partnership. :P I've found the corset and boots I want: what I really need to find is a good hat!

21 hours ago, honeybadger said:

How are things going??

Oh, y'know, I did a backflip into the bad decisions pool over the weekend. :applause: But today is a new day, and I'm back on track - again. It's been a pattern this challenge of doing really well throughout the work week, and then completely letting go over the weekends. I'm already pondering how to do better next challenge. I think I may simply allow for lazy weekends, and focus on putting all my effort on Mon-Fri. For one thing, I know I tend to use the excuse "I'll catch up over the weekend" when I skip a workout or forget to log things; I think I would do better if I moved the weekly deadline to Friday. Secondly, my willpower is thoroughly drained by the time Saturday rolls around - hell, the tank is empty by Friday night most weeks. Last challenge I had no specific plans for any activity on any day of the week, and it seemed I naturally kept to a work week schedule. I think I may have overplanned on this one just a bit. :P

The one thing I really, REALLY want to get a handle on before I end this challenge is posting my calories here on NF on the same day I eat them. That has somehow been the hardest part this go-around, and I know why that is:

Because deep down inside me is a tiny little hunger monster (I'm pretty sure she looks like this)...

Spoiler

...who knows that if I actually post my calories in a public location, I will feel obligated to abstain from further nomming. Because I can always snack after tallying calories breakfast thru dinner, and then either not add it to my daily count or - if I do - just shrug and ignore it. But if the numbers are posted online, well... that's another thing entirely. People might notice if I update a number: they might see that I intially made decent choices, but then... what happened?!?! Y'know?

So that will be my big focus for this last week. If anyone wants to call me out on it, please feel free to do so: I genuinely want to nail this thing down.

• Like 6

Keep up the momentum!

Hey thanks for all the support on my thread.

Looks like you are doing a pretty good job continuing to kill it! Sending good motivational vibes your way for week 4 ~ ~

• Like 1

2020 Battle Log

2017 - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 || 2018 - 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

2019 - 19 | 20 | 21 | 21.5 | 22 2020 - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Archived Mission Log

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

You've really pumped up your activity around the forums lately, Ev.  It has not gone unnoticed.  So I eel like I owe you a meme or two at this point in the challenge!  ;)

57475648.jpg

a89124eeeab9939c26bc22f2b71ead74e628e06a

And this one needn't be solely about this or any other last night, but...

g6Udng.gif

:)

• Like 6

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

39 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

You've really pumped up your activity around the forums lately, Ev.  It has not gone unnoticed.  So I eel like I owe you a meme or two at this point in the challenge!  ;)

This man speaks the truth!  He is also far more fluent in meme that I, so I'll let his memes speak for themselves. :P 

• Like 3

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

5 hours ago, sozzielou said:

It's the final week of the challenge, decide to finish strong! You can do this!!

Gah! You have no idea how much I needed to read something like this! Reeeeally struggling to keep moving; thank you for helping me stay accountable. :D

42 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Just trying to do my Rangerly duty! And thank you for the memes :) I like memes. They make the internet a more expressive place. ;)

2 minutes ago, Oramac said:

This man speaks the truth!  He is also far more fluent in meme that I, so I'll let his memes speak for themselves. :P 

LOL Well, they hath spoken and they are awesome, so thank you! :D

• Like 3

Keep up the momentum!

So, I've been prepping for the next challenge...

How Many Pounds Will This Beer Set Me Back?

BEER

ABV%

Kcal

# of drinks = to 1Lb

# of drinks per day = 1Lb extra/week

Bud Light

4.2%

Budweiser Select

4.3%

Coors

4.91%

Coors Light

4.15%

Michelob Beer

5.0%

Michelob Ultra

4.1%

Pabst Blue Ribbon

4.65%

Corona Extra Beer

4.6%

Corona Light

4.5%

• Like 4

Keep up the momentum!

So I can drink 5 Mich Ultra's a day and only gain 1 pound a week?  That doesn't seem so bad, really.  I'd be curious to see how craft beers like Sam Adams or Schlafly measure up on the chart.  

Course, if losing weight is the goal, beer is a known culprit of badness.  

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

18 hours ago, Oramac said:

So I can drink 5 Mich Ultra's a day and only gain 1 pound a week?  That doesn't seem so bad, really.  I'd be curious to see how craft beers like Sam Adams or Schlafly measure up on the chart.  

Course, if losing weight is the goal, beer is a known culprit of badness.  

That's what the math says! :D Although yes, the overall goal for me is to lose weight... so yeah, beer is bad. And I have totally sucked at avoiding it since last weekend.

This week is turning out to be a rough one.

• Like 2

Keep up the momentum!