EternalJourno's Internal Journey

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast: Omelet muffins with hot picante sauce. 1 cup of Piñon coffee black.

Lunch: Chicken breast with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sweet potatoes.

Snacks: One handful of nuts and a handful of blackberries.

Dinner: Leftover Szechuan beef stir fry.

Water: About 3 liters.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

Steve's Basic Warm Up.

The Body Rock

Bodyweight Workout 2A.

— 20 bodyweight squats (3 sets).

— 10 regular pushups (2 sets). The first set was good, but I struggled on the second set and had to adjust at No. 8 (I lifted my butt up into a sort of downward dog to stretch my back), but I finished them. On the last set I did 5 regular pushups and stopped. I did one more. Then another. Then I finished with 2 knee pushups, and that's all I could muster. 

— 20 dumbbell rows at 20 pounds (3 sets).

— Farmer's Walk for 60 seconds with 20 pound dumbells (x3) — Totally remembered to do them this time!

The Cool

Staci's Basic Cool Down.

A Long Walk

Walked Booklet .83 of a mile for about 16 minutes.

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Previous Challenges: 1 — 23456 — 78910111213 — 14 — 1516 — 17181920 — 2122 — 23 — 24 — 25 

Friday, June 24, 2016

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: Leftover Szechuan beef stir fry. Forgot to prep more omelet muffins. 

Out to Lunch: Chicken breast with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sweet potatoes.

Dinner Time: Chicken breast with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sweet potatoes (deja vu!).

Fruit Snacks: A lot of blueberries and dark-chocolate-covered cranberries during my late work shift.

The Waters: About 3 liters.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

N/A

The Body Rock

N/A

The Cool

N/A

A Long Walk

Walked Booklet twice. Once at like 5:30 in the morning. We did .83 of a mile in 15:56. Then we walked after work around 9:30 p.m. We did .74 of a mile in 13 minutes. I actually did a little bit of running! Booklet definitely seems to like it better when I'm at a jogging pace.

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Previous Challenges: 1 — 23456 — 78910111213 — 14 — 1516 — 17181920 — 2122 — 23 — 24 — 25 

@Leimanu, Zumba was a perfect fit for me. When I go out drinking with friends, I always end up on the dance floor, whether it's hip hop, salsa or country music, lol.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: A few berries and nuts. In retrospect, I should have eaten a real breakfast. 

Out to Lunch: I think I may have skipped lunch. Again, in retrospect, I should have eaten something.

Hold My Liquor: I lost count of how many cups of beer and liquor I had, but I know it was too much. Then I ingested something that I shouldn't have. I felt terrible and ended up throwing up ALOT. Once more, in retrospect, I should have eaten more and drank less.

Dinner Time: Some sort of pork steak/filet. Then some barbecue chicken drumsticks and pork spareribs that I cooked in my offset smoker. Sooooo delicious! 

Fruit Snacks: Throughout the day I had some carrots, grapes and chips. In retrospect, I should have eaten more.

Drink More Water (Jazz): After I rallied from my pukefest, I drank a lot of water for the rest of the night. Not sure how much though.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

N/A

The Body Rock

N/A

The Cool

N/A

A Long Walk

— Walked Booklet and jogged a lil' bit in the morning. We went around the block for the first time and did 1.33 miles in about 22 minutes. 

— Out in the forest, I walked Booklet again, this time off leash, and she did really well.

— Later, my friends convinced me to hop on a mountain bike and I did two short laps around the campsite.

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: Had two barbecue chicken drumsticks and grilled some veggies (zucchini, yellow squash and red bell peppers). Also ate quite a few chips, nuts, grapes and carrots.

Out to Lunch: I can't remember what I had for lunch, if anything.

Hold My Liquor: N/A

Dinner Time: I can't remember what I had for dinner either. Did I really skip lunch AND dinner?

Fruit Snacks: I think I had two or three chocolate chip cookies.

Drink More Water: Who knows.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

Steve's Basic Warm Up.

The Body Rock

Bodyweight Workout 2B

— 20 bodyweight lunges (x3).

— 5 inch worms (x3).

— 15 wall slides (x3).

— 20-second side planks on both sides (x3). I'm almost there! My form is getting better and I'm able to hold them longer. Widowmaker, here I come!

The Cool

Staci's Basic Cool Down

A Long Walk

Walked Booklet in the evening. Did 1.33 miles in about 23 minutes.

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Monday, June 27, 2016

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: 3 omelet muffins with Tapatio hot sauce. 1 cup Piñon coffee black.

Out to Lunch: I caved in to a grease temptation and got Long John Silvers. I had the platter with two fish filets, three chicken pieces, French fries, green beans and hush puppies. And I ate it ALL. I felt terrible afterward. Like, I felt genuinely sick like I was going to throw up, but I didn't.

Dinner Time: I skipped dinner.

Fruit Snacks: I had some nuts and berries in the evening. The berries helped give me energy to walk Booklet.

Drink More Water: I definitely had more than 3 liters.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

N/A

The Body Rock

N/A

A Long Walk

Walked Booklet in the evening. Did 2.49 miles in 39:16! Woot! I was planning to turn back sooner, but I felt good and Booklet looked good, so we kept going. I did some light jogging at some points and even got into a couple sprints, which Booklet seemed to love. She was flying!

The Cool

Staci's Basic Cool Down.

• Like 1

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: 3 omelet muffins with Tapatio hot sauce. 1 cup Piñon coffee black.

Out to Lunch: Chicken breast with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots

Hold My Liquor: Two glasses of Ommegant Game of Thrones beer (while re-watching the season finale).

Dinner Time: T-bone steak with asparagus. Then later (after walking Booklet) I had a lil' bit of posole at a friend's house.

Fruit Snacks: Lots of blueberries, a few nuts and 5 cookies.

Drink More Water: More than 3 liters.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

Steve's Basic Warm Up

The Body Rock

I conquered the Bodyweight Level 2 Boss The Widowmaker.

— 15 lunges on right leg.

— 15 lunges on left leg.

— 10 knee push-ups.

— 32 seconds of side planks on each side.

However, I got distracted and lost my momentum, so I didn't continue my workout. I should have done my entire Level 2 workout, but I got a sort of stomach cramp early during my squats, so that threw me off. Then I was looking at the Bodyweight Level 3 stuff and realized I need some new toys for the house, so I ordered some resistance bands and a pull-up bar. It should hopefully arrive in time for my Thursday workout.

A Long Walk

Walked Booklet in a new neighborhood in the evening. Did 2.32 miles in 39:39.

The Cool

N/A — I really need to stop skipping this. My body pays for it the next day.

• Like 2

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

On 6/28/2016 at 11:16 AM, EternalJourno said:

Out to Lunch: I caved in to a grease temptation and got Long John Silvers. I had the platter with two fish filets, three chicken pieces, French fries, green beans and hush puppies. And I ate it ALL. I felt terrible afterward. Like, I felt genuinely sick like I was going to throw up, but I didn't.

Hey Journo! I'm glad I found you, I love reading your stuff.

I quoted this because this is one thing I love about eating healthy and then when I jump off my diet I feel what the food I used to eat does to my body.  It makes it easier to stay away in the long run.

Other than that, reading what you've been up to, your doing awesome! 

Also you got me curious on what Ommegant Game of Thrones beer  is....  I may have to look for this next time I buy beer. 

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

On 6/29/2016 at 2:17 PM, Jessebel said:

That sounds like an AWESOME day. In terms of goals and otherwise.

That's funny because I actually felt like I had a bad day, lol. Mainly because of those 5 cookies and for not finishing my workout. But it's nice to get some perspective from others to realize that I'm still doing OK for the most part.

50 minutes ago, Butternut said:

Also you got me curious on what Ommegant Game of Thrones beer  is

Thanks for following, Butternut! And I present to you... Ommegang Game of Thrones beer. I live in a small town so there's no place to get it locally. But my friend got it from a Total Wine in a bigger city.

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Food & Liquor:

Out to Lunch: Chicken breast with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sweet potatoes.

Dinner Time: Two chef salads from Albertson's (after Zumba).

Fruit Snacks: 3 cookies in the afternoon. Then plenty of blueberries with dinner.

Drink More Water: Definitely at least 3 liters.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

N/A

A Long Walk

Walked Booklet in the evening. Did 2.32 miles in 44:21.

The Cool

Staci's Basic Cool Down.

The Body Rock

ZUMBA! It was definitely tougher after just walking 2 miles, lol, but it was a lot of fun.

The Cool

Staci's Basic Cool Down — again. I really didn't want to be sore the next day, lol.

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: No breakfast. Had a doctor's appointment to get blood drawn, so they told me to fast for the morning.

Out to Lunch: After a successful doctor's visit (I've lost 12 pounds, according to their scales, in the month since my last visit!), I had green chile enchiladas topped with two eggs over easy with beans, hash browns, and chips and salsa.

Fruit Snacks: Plenty of blueberries.

Dinner Time: Grilled lamb loin chops with asparagus

Hold My Liquor: 1 beer during board game night.

Drink More Water: About 3 liters.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

Steve's Basic Warm Up

The Body Rock

Tried my newly assigned Bodyweight Workout 3A.

— 14 total step ups, 7 per leg (x2 sets). 20 total step ups, 10 per leg (for third set).

— 5 bodyweight pushups (x3 sets). I'm doing less pushups than before, but I'm taking my time and concentrating more on form.

— 8 band pull aparts (x2 sets). 10 band pull aparts (for third set).

— 40 seconds of side planks on my knees for both sides for the first set. I struggled to do 20 seconds each side on the second set.

A Long Walk

Walked Booklet and Max, my roommate's dog, in the evening. Really though, they walked me. I forgot to start my RunKeeper app right away, but based on previous walks of the same distance, I'm estimating we did about 1.33 miles in about 20-25 minutes.

The Cool

Staci's Basic Cool Down.

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

11 hours ago, EternalJourno said:

Thanks for following, Butternut! And I present to you... Ommegang Game of Thrones beer. I live in a small town so there's no place to get it locally. But my friend got it from a Total Wine in a bigger city.

Mmmmm wheat and hoppy ale.... Sounds like a good mix. I'm looking for this next time I'm out.  

Also so I love the journal  structure you have, simple and gets to the point. 

i may steal this structure....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Butternut said:

i may steal this structure....

Steal away! It's great because I can just copy and paste everything from the day before (even the links get copied). And then it allows me to focus on more substance in my challenge posts rather than going through the daily minutia there.

2 hours ago, Butternut said:

Mmmmm wheat and hoppy ale.... Sounds like a good mix. I'm looking for this next time I'm out.

We tried the "Take The Black Stout" and the "Iron Throne." The stout was really good. I swore I tasted a kind of grape/wine flavor to it. My buddy confirmed the same. I don't remember exactly how the "Iron Throne" tasted, but I definitely enjoyed it. A lil' more on the hoppy side, but not too hoppy. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

On July 2, 2016 at 0:37 AM, EternalJourno said:

We tried the "Take The Black Stout" and the "Iron Throne." The stout was really good. I swore I tasted a kind of grape/wine flavor to it. My buddy confirmed the same. I don't remember exactly how the "Iron Throne" tasted, but I definitely enjoyed it. A lil' more on the hoppy side, but not too hoppy. 

Really? Stout with a wine taste? I'm intrigued. I ended up poking around on that site and it seems like an awesome brewery. I have a few big liquor stores near me that am going to look for that name at least. 

I used to hate IPA but a couple of years ago I found that one that got me hooked. I like them because you only need 1 or 2. Same with stouts, but it's hard to drink a stout in 90 degree weather. 

• Like 1

EDITOR'S NOTE: I'm on vacation currently, so I'm going to recall everything to the best of my ability, and the results here may not be pretty, lol.

Friday, July 1, 2016

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: Omelet muffins with Tapatio hot sauce. 1 cup of Piñon coffee black.

Out to Lunch: I don't even remember. I may have grilled something? 

Fruit Snacks: I likely had some berries, but I don't remember.

Dinner Time: Chicken breast with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sweet potatoes.

Hold My Liquor: N/A

Drink More Water: Maybe 3 liters. Don't remember.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

N/A

The Body Rock

N/A

A Long Walk

N/A (I guess I didn't even walk Booklet)

The Cool

N/A

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: I had a big salad for breakfast/lunch in Albuquerque with a friend. I also had a marranito (a Mexican sweet bread shaped like a pig). 1 cup Piñon coffee black.

Out to Lunch: I don't think I had lunch, but I had some green chile beef jerky on the road.

Fruit Snacks: N/A

Dinner Time: My brother made us ground beef tacos with rice and beans. I had 2 tacos.

Drink More Water: Didn't keep track.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

N/A

The Body Rock

N/A

A Long Walk

Walked Booklet for 2.52 miles in 43:11 in the morning before we hit the road. Then my niece wanted to walk Booklet in the evening, but she got tired so we only did about 6 minutes. 

The Cool

I can't remember if I did a cool down after the morning walk.

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: Eggs with bacon, beans and a tortilla (again courtesy of my brother). 

Out to Lunch: N/A

Fruit Snacks: I had some leftover beef jerky, a few nuts and maybe a few potato chips. Oh, and I had one dark chocolate Klondike ice cream after dinner (I tried to resist but I just couldn't).

Dinner Time: Chicken drumsticks, corn on the cob and a baked potato (my brother cooked). 

Drink More Water: Didn't keep track, but my brother has a cooled water dispenser in his house. It's really awesome. I may consider getting one myself.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

Steve's Basic Warm Up

The Body Rock

Bodyweight Workout 2B (Went back to my level 2 workout since I don't have any of my equipment with me).

— 20 bodyweight lunges (x3).

— 5 inch worms (x3).

— 20 wall slides (x3).

— 20-second side planks on both sides (x3).

The Cool

Staci's Basic Cool Down.

A Long Walk

Walked Booklet for 1.89 miles in 36:37 around my brother's neighborhood in the morning. 

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Monday, July 4, 2016 — Happy Independence Day!

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: Family went to IHOP. I had the spinach and mushroom omelet with extra tomatoes and a side of bacon, plus half a short stack of pancakes with syrup. 

Out to Lunch: Two sandwiches and some string cheese. 

Fruit Snacks: Dipping Dots at the zoo.

Dinner Time: Pork chop with a baked potato, green onions, mac and cheese, and a tortilla. 

Drink More Water: Didn't keep track.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

N/A

The Body Rock

N/A

A Long Walk

We went to the zoo and walked a lot, of course. I was going to use my RunKeeper to see how far we went, but my phone had little battery life. Then I walked Booklet in the evening and did 1.9 miles in 37:09. 

The Cool

Staci's Basic Cool Down.

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 — Let the debauchery commence

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: Breakfast burrito with steak, egg, potato and cheese.

Out to Lunch: See dinner.

Fruit Snacks: Blueberries, raspberries, potato chips.

Dinner Time: I'm in Denver with friends and we decided to grill. It turned into a sort of an all-afternoon-long thing, so we had a lot of food. Chicken drumsticks and thighs, some sort of fish filets, lots of asparagus and corn on the cob. 

Hold My Liquor: Soooo many beers, I seriously lost track. But surprisingly I didn't get messed up drunk. 

Drink More Water: Not enough, for sure.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

Steve's Basic Warm Up

The Body Rock

Bodyweight Workout 2A.

— 20 bodyweight squats (3 sets).

— 6-7 bodyweight pushups (3 sets). Again, I'm really focusing on form.

— 20 dumbbell rows at ?? pounds (3 sets). I had no weights, so I used my suitcase with all my clothes in it. Not sure how heavy it was, but I could really feel it in my arm and back — in a good way. I think it was because of the awkward size and maybe even weight of the suitcase.

— Farmer's Walk for 60 seconds with my suitcase for each hand (3 sets). So in total I did 6 minutes. 

A Long Walk

N/A

The Cool

I think I forgot to do the cool down.

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Wednesday, July 6, through Saturday, July 9, 2016

The past week was challenging, but there were some definite wins and losses here and there. Rather than try to remember day by day, here's a quick overall recap. I ate out quite a lot, but I was much more mindful of what I ordered. I definitely made some not so good choices, but they were deliberate and guilt free choices. I told myself that I could indulge for one week because I would for sure get back on track the following week. Not having my meals prepped was really tricky. As for working out, I stuck to my regular routine and didn't skip any days! Then I had an awesome day of hiking with Booklet. We did 4 miles in 2 hours. It felt so good. I slacked on taking Booklet for walks and it definitely showed. She was a bit more rebellious with me and much more nervous around other people and dogs. I'm hoping some good exercise will help her release some of that stress and energy. By the end of my vacation, I didn't gain or lose any weight. I held steady at 219 pounds, which I'm considering a win.

• Like 1

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Sunday, July 10, 2016 — First Day Back Home

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: A big omelet with sausage, bacon, chorizo, tomatoes, onions, peppers, smothered in red and green chile with hash browns and a large pancake at Railway Cafe. This was sort of a "celebratory" breakfast for doing so well on vacation and on my most recent challenge.

Out to Lunch: Skipped lunch.

Fruit Snacks: Dark chocolate covered blueberries.

Dinner Time: Kung pao chicken and sweet fire chicken breast with mixed veggies from Panda Express. I went grocery shopping and started my meal prep late, so I needed something quick to eat. 

Drink More Water: Definitely less than 3 liters.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

Steve's Basic Warm Up

The Body Rock

Bodyweight Workout 3B (my first time trying this routine).

— 9 one leg Romanian deadlifts per leg, or 18 total (x2). 10 one leg Romanian deadlifts per leg, or 20 total (x2). Did a bit more than suggested, but I felt good and wanted to see where my limit is.

— 5 inch worms (x4). I feel like my form is getting a bit better on these. I may try to add more reps.

— 5 assisted chin ups (x4). Even though I'm using my legs, these are tough! But I love feeling my muscles working.

— One handed farmer's walk for 60 seconds on each hand (x2). I'm considering buying more free weights to turn things up a notch.

The Cool

Staci's Basic Cool Down.

A Long Walk

N/A

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Monday, July 11, 2016

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: Omelet muffins with Tapatio hot sauce. NO COFFEE.

Out to Lunch: Chicken breast with broccoli, cauliflower and sweet potatoes.

Fruit Snacks: Blueberries.

Dinner Time: Sirloin steak with a salad.

Drink More Water: Didn't really keep track. Trying to get back to drinking more water though. Slacked on my vacation.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

N/A

The Body Rock

N/A

A Long Walk

Played Pokémon Go with a friend twice in the day. First we walked from noonish to about 2 p.m. I didn't use my RunKeeper but I'm guessing we did about 2 miles. Then we walked again in the evening and this time I did use my app. We did 2.58 miles in 47:37. I LOVE this game. I'm totally gonna use it to inspire myself to walk even more.

The Cool

No cool down, but in retrospect, I definitely should have stretched after walking so much. My body felt it the next day.

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Food & Liquor:

Breakfast Enthusiast: Omelet muffins with Tapatio hot sauce. NO COFFEE AGAIN.

Out to Lunch: Chicken breast with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sweet potatoes.

Fruit Snacks: Blueberries and some dark chocolate covered blueberries.

Dinner Time: Sirloin steak with a salad (again). The salad was leftover from yesterday, but the steak I grilled and tasted so much better than stove-top cooked.

Drink More Water: I think I'm getting closer to 3 liters.

The New Workout Plan:
The Warm Up

Steve's Basic Warm Up

The Body Rock

Bodyweight Workout 3C

— 10 jumping squats (x3).

— 10 knee pushups (x3).

— 10 wall slides (x3).

— 10 leg lower downs (x3). These are my new nemesis! Holy crap are they hard for me right now.

— Assisted bar hang for 30 seconds (x2). I can't do a full on bar hang, so I have to use my legs, but I'm still putting a lot of weight on my arms. I definitely need improvement in my grip strength.

The Cool

Staci's Basic Cool Down.

A Long Walk

I had a lull at work so I played Pokémon Go around noon. I did 2.23 miles in 50:17. It was really nice because I feel like I'm overcoming a stigma I have about walking. Usually I feel weird in new places, or I feel like I can't go randomly walking because I don't have workout clothes on. But I dress very casual to work most days, so there's no reason why I can't go on a random walk in the middle of the day as long as it doesn't interfere with work. Then I walked Booklet while playing Pokémon Go in my neighborhood in the evening. According to RunKeeper, we did 2.52 miles in 1:05:49. That's right, we went on our first hourlong walk. However, I think my GPS was on the fritz so it missed part of our walk. So really I think we did close to 3 miles, but I'm not sure how close.

The Cool

Staci's Basic Cool Down again after our evening walk.

Current Challenge  
Battle Log