Myrik scouts new lands and sets up his HQ

Myrik

Hello fellow assassins from Texas,

That's right, Myrik has officially relocated to South East Texas (Houston).   During my move i have managed to put on 10 lbs, not sure how much of that is muscle vs fat but I don't like it.  So this month's goals are as follows:

Goal I: 

Setting up HQ.  I need to get my new home squared away.  Goal is a place for everything and everything in its place.  Now that is easier said than done but if I shoot for the moon...

Goal II:

Scout the land.  Get out of the house and explore, not just the places I know from the last time I lived here, but really explore.  Get to know my neighborhood, find hiking and biking paths.  

Goal III: 

Get back down to 200 lbs.  This should be easy now that I can cook again and have all my stuff.  

Goal IV:

Power up my Body weight workout.  Not quite sure I am ready for level 4 yet, but I will be doing double the prescribed reps in each set.  

• Like 4

Congrats on moving! Getting everything squared away and figuring out a new location is a nice feeling after the chaos of a move. One of my friends moved to TX and lost a bunch of weight just from the heat - hydrate lots!

Looks like you've got a good range of goals for this challenge. What bodyweight routine are you using, if I may? 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

6 hours ago, Manarelle said:

What bodyweight routine are you using, if I may? 

I'm currently doing NFA Bodyweight level 3.  Some parts are easy so i have started modifying them until the the rest catch up so I can move on to the next level.

Okay so i'm going to try something new this challenge.  A post every work out day.  So that will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  This post will include My work out, with reps and sets, as well as anything achieved in Goals I and II.

Monday(because i decided to do this today)13JUN: 

Workout:

Step Up - 10 Reps per side x 4 sets

Bodyweight Pushup - 10 reps x 4 sets

Band Pull Apart - 16 reps x 4 sets (I actually broke my band)

My Monday workouts are meeting my goal of double reps for the workouts.

HQ:  

Ordered some furniture to allow us to better organize the HQ.  Still trying to figure out where everything goes but we are getting there.

Wednesday 15JUN:

Work out:

One Leg Romanian Deadlift - 10 reps per side x 4 sets

Inch Worm - 5 reps x 4 sets

Assisted Chin Up - 8 reps x 4 sets

HQ:

We haven't done a whole lot around the house.  Went looking at couches and couldn't find any we both loved.  

• Like 1

Friday 17JUN:

Work out:

Jumping squats - 12\12\12

push-ups - 10\10\10 (workout calls for knee pushups)

Wall Slides - 15/10/15

Leg lower downs - 15\15\10

Workout called for bar hangs, don't have easy access to a tall bar so i did inverted rows both palms and and out

IN: 10/5/10

OUT: 3/10/4

HQ:

Bought a weedwacker and ordered a lawn mower.  

• Like 2

Monday 20JUN: 

Workout:

Step Up - 20 Reps per side x 4 sets I actually quadrupled the prescribed amount. Go me!!!

Body weight Push up - 10 reps x 4 sets 

Band Pull Apart - 20 reps x 4 sets

My Monday workouts are meeting my goal of double reps for the workouts.

HQ:  

cleaned up my office in anticipation of getting my new desk and furniture next week

• Like 1

Wednesday 22JUN:

Work out:

One Leg Romanian Deadlift - 10 reps per side x 4 sets

Inch Worm - 5 reps x 4 sets

Chin Up - 5 reps x 2 sets

Assisted Chin Up - 5 reps x 2 sets

HQ:

Been working the last few days so no house work has been done. 

• Like 1

Friday 24JUN:

Work out:

Jumping squats - 12\12\12

push-ups - 10\10\10 (workout calls for knee pushups)

Wall Slides - 10/15/10

Leg lower downs - 10\10\10

Bar Hang: 30 seconds x2 with 30 seconds between hangs.

EXTRA Credit: Hollow hold 25 seconds  Arch up 35 seconds.  To sore to do my tonight.

HQ:

Mowed front lawn, didn't break anything or hurt myself.  

• Like 1

Monday 27JUN: 

Workout:

BERSERXES THE SQUAT KING has been defeated: 

15 body weight push ups (called for knee push ups)

15 Jump Squats

45 second bar hang

10 assisted chin ups

onwards to NFA Body Weight Workout level 4

Jump Rope Singles - 3 sets of 30 seconds

Body weight Squat - 10/10/10
Dive bomber Push up - 5/5/5
Doorway Body weight Row (changed from ring rows due to lack of rings) - 10/10/10

Hanging Leg Raise - 10/10

~ No Power In The 'Verse Can Stop Us ~

25 second Hollow hold and 35 seconds arch up

HQ:  

Got hot water heater fix.

• Like 2

Wednesday 29JUN: 

Workout:

Assisted One Leg Squat - 10/10/10/10
Assisted Straight Arm Support - 30/30/30/30 Seconds
Wall Slides - 16/16/16/16

60 second Hollow hold and 60 seconds arch up

HQ:  

Installed new door bell.  Set up my new desk, and set up Shelving for living room.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I've been eyeing this in BW4 with suspicion. For some reason I can skip rope okay, but not jump. Just needs more practice, maybe?

This was actually pretty hard for me.  Also the assisted pistol squats are killer.  Still feeling it today, and I have to do Lateral Jumping Squats.

Friday 01JUL: 

Workout:

Jump Rope Singles - 48/59/40

Lateral Jumping Squat - 10/10/10/10

Bodyweight Pushup - 5(bicep)/5(Diamond)/5/5

Chin Up - 4/4/4/4

Hanging Scapular Retraction - 

Lateral Jumping Squat - 40 total, didn't think this would be as hard as they where to knock out 10.  Might be due to the Assisted Pistols on Wednesday.

HQ:  

Nothing really around the house

Scouting:

Took the family to Moody Gardens Rain forest pyramid. 

• Like 1

Monday 04JUL: 

Workout:

Jump Rope Singles (simulated indoors due to head index over 105)- 3 sets of 30 seconds

Body weight Squat - 10(5(each leg) assisted shrimp and 5 normal)/10(5(each leg) Assisted pistol and 5 normal)/10 normal
Dive bomber Push up - 5/5/5
Doorway Body weight Row (changed from ring rows due to lack of rings) - 10/10/10

Hanging Leg Raise - 10/10

10 squats that count for challenge 5 assisted Shrimp and 5 assisted pistol

HQ:  

NA

Scouting:

NA

Family time playing with water balloons and new wacky sprinkler for 4th of July fun before work out.  Going to see Fireworks at the boardwalk in Kemah tonight.  Might post some pictures from the show tonight.  Before and after pictures  4 months apart will be posted with next challenge.

• Like 1

Wednesday 06JUL: 

So last night I had some killer DOMS in my inner quads(gracilis) from Assisted shrimp Squats and exhausted from a 12 hour watch to get a good workout in.  I will be doing it tonight, and pushing Fridays workout to Saturday.   This will still allow me to keep my every other day work out with a 2 day beak normally on the weekend. 

Thursday 07JUL: 

Workout:

Assisted One Leg Squat - 10/10/10/10 ( running into the issue of my feet wanting to roll up onto my toes.  Looks like i need to work on my Ankle Dorsiflexion)
Assisted Straight Arm Support - 30/45/37/35 Seconds 
Wall Slides - 12/12/12/12

Bar Hang - 30+ second hang  30/23/15; the issue i had with this was my left hand started to hurt and want to give out on me.  I guess ill be looking for exercises to strengthen that as well.

HQ:  

NA

Scouting:

NA

Saturday 09JUL: 

Workout:

Jump Rope Singles - 90/50/40

Lateral Jumping Squat - 10/10/10/10

Body weight Push-up - 5(bicep)/5(Diamond)/5 pseudo planche/10   Bonus 10 Spider-man (5 each side)

Assisted Chin Up - 8 (unassisted)/10/8/5(unassisted)

Hanging Scapular Retraction - 10/10

HQ:  

Bought required items to mount my Flag pole and replace some damaged electrical outlets.  

Scouting:

Looked into parks in the area that have bike paths.  Now to wait for a cooler day to ride. 108 Head index is rough.

• Like 2