• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stepping_out

[] moves and shakes

Another week, another whinge! Feeling tired this week. I guess it might make sense actually, we're building up to the competition. Just one heavy squat and bench session each to go, then just openers and a taper. Maybe it's just built up fatigue. I will say, I don't like it much!

Heavy deadlifts today. Didn't get to what my coach wanted, but still a PB so personally, I'm quite pleased. Kind of have a number in mind now for the comp that I'd like to get, but it'll be a stretch. Not very good at grinding out deadlifts, think my lower back is quite weak (especially compared to my legs) and it's all a bit scary. Any tips much appreciated! Also may have had a sneaky little bench PB, it's creeping up slowly. Coach says we'll focus on it next, I'm excited about that!

Finally got back to romwod today, I need to remember how much I enjoy it. Didn't have my yoga blocks which is part of what's been stopping me, so used two large packs of toilet roll. Ha!

In other news, my partner is still alive and well, going strong on that goal!

Post-deadlift munchies. For some reason, I can't really stomach eggs and chicken together, but no problem having them separately! Alllll the protein :D

cLv8syGm.jpg

• Like 4

On 03/07/2016 at 0:25 AM, SevenofSeven said:

In all my years I don't think I have ever eaten eggs and chicken together. It just seems a very weird combination.

I know, right? Yet somehow it keeps offering itself up as an option. :apple:

Last heavy squat session today and I may have gotten in a sneaky little 5kg PB :chuncky:  Felt better than the last one in May, think there may be a little bit more there.

Got a romwod in yesterday, it really does make such a difference. Also found my yoga blocks so no more excuses!!! Food is on point, looooooving the new fridge with loads of space for salads and things. Got a meat delivery from @SpecialSundae's Scottish butcher on the way!!! Although tonight, we're going out for steak. Nom nom nom nom nom.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, evabo said:

I know, right? Yet somehow it keeps offering itself up as an option. :apple:

The only time I've intentionally had them together was an omelette that had chicken breast in it. And let's be honest if you make an omelette with chicken breast, avocado, bacon, and cheese you are winning. You should try it! 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

The only time I've intentionally had them together was an omelette that had chicken breast in it. And let's be honest if you make an omelette with chicken breast, avocado, bacon, and cheese you are winning. You should try it! 

Because of bacon. Everything with bacon is a win!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Everything in that except the chicken sounds amazing! I might try it. Definitely the bacon ;-)

• Like 1

Quick recap!! Not a super successful challenge, but I kinda sorta stuck with things or at least managed to get back to them reasonably quickly, so I'm happy enough!

1. Move! We're moving all our stuff to the new place this weekend. White goods come in next week. Do something that'll get us moved out every day. Once we're there: Do something that'll get us moved in every day. Wasn't able to do stuff every day, but we did manage to move, I drove a huge van and then a small van and didn't even hit anyone! Much success. Boxes, boxes everywhere, so this will be continued in my next challenge.

2. Eat! All the veggies. Bringing this one back because it seems to be the only diet-related challenge I'll actually stick with. Veggies with lunch and dinner 6 days out of 7. Bonus points for breakfast. i don't have my weekly deliveries at the moment because we're moving house, but will set that up again once we get a fridge over there. Got the fridge sorted and veggie delivery set up since last week. First delivery has almost completely been devoured, with the next one scheduled for Friday, so I'm adding more stuff to that. Loooooooving the huge fridge where I don't have to worry about fitting everything in!

3. Train!!! This challenge is going to take me almost all the way up to the taper for my July comp, I want to focus on doing all sessions including accessories. 3x per week. It's okay to do accessory stuff separately if I run out of time at the gym. Okay, so maybe I didn't do ALL the accessories, but I did do quite a few. In part, this is because I've been mega busy with work and just couldn't spend enough time at the gym. I didn't miss any (!!!) of the main lifts, though. Did openers for the competition today, now I'm just resting until it's game time on Saturday. Very pleased with how this goal went.

4. Stretch! I've been doing romwod semi-regularly and really enjoy it, plus I seem to be helping my recovery. Do this 5 days per week. Did not do this 5x per week, there was a week in there where I didn't do any! But, I'm back at it, twice so far this week, i.e. every day. Will continue this next challenge with a goal of 3x.