Kucki's first Challenge

Kucki68

On June 9, 2016 at 2:51 AM, Kucki68 said:

Life:

- 5 minutes (at least) on Memrise for Italian each day

Good luck with your challenge! I'm trying to learn Italian too! :)

• Like 1

Eugenides, level 1 thief assassin

STR 3|DEX 4|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 1

Short term goals:

• lose 10 lbs. by 12/31/18
  • get mile pace to 10 min./mile

Ambitious long term goals:

• 100 standard push-ups without a break
  • Hand-stand push up

“He whines, he complains, he ducks out of the most obvious responsibility. He is vain, petty and maddening, but he doesn't ever quit.” 

Went to the gym twice and had physio with more exercises, but did not run once.

Tried one new recipe: Quinoa burgers (okay not a veggie recipe, but new to me)

Did Memrise during the week, but fully on purpose took this weekend off everything. I needed it.

I read a couple of things, but nothing from the stacks.

Sometimes I wonder, if I should actually do challenges. Once I am signed up for a challenge or race, it looks like the only thing I do not want to do. Wonder if that is me wanting to avoid giving it an honest try and failing. Hmm, more navel gazing than I usually do.  I have also been thinking about what I can do when hubby gets frustrated with not finding things etc. Not sure yet, but I will start with doing my bit to keep the place tidy, so we have a place for things and can find them.

7 hours ago, Kucki68 said:

Sometimes I wonder, if I should actually do challenges. Once I am signed up for a challenge or race, it looks like the only thing I do not want to do. Wonder if that is me wanting to avoid giving it an honest try and failing. Hmm, more navel gazing than I usually do.

I recognize that kind of perfectionism in myself, too. But I keep telling myself even if I only get 25% on a challenge than I'm still 25% ahead of where I started. Usually I surprise myself in the end.

Glad to follow your challenge and sounds like you're making good strides.

• Like 1

MY 500 YEAR DIARY  HIKING THE ALLEGHENY NATIONAL FOREST QUEST: 8 TRAILS DOWN, 57 TO GO 

Yay for weekend breaks.

Re: husband getting frustrated. Is it your fault that he can't find things, because you moved stuff or are the only messy person? Want to check you're not taking on a problem of his own making without giving him a chance to help himself. I have has issues with overcompensating in relationships, so I may be extra paranoid on others behalf.

I'm usually similar in rebelling against anything I have decided to commit to. Hoping I can keep this fun and the Big Crazy Goal will stop it feeling like a chore.

"Those who shun the whimsy of things will experience rigor mortis before death."

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

Hey Kucki, welcome to NF! The challenges aren't for everyone, but I'm guessing you're here because they appeal to you and you want to succeed. It takes most people a couple of challenges to start building the habits, so my advice is to stay with it. Maybe setting different types of goals could work better for you. Read lots of other threads for ideas, and interact with people for inspiration and motivation. I think you're doing pretty well, and I'm glad you're here.

BTW, quinoa burgers sound awesome!

Level 11 Sea Dragon

| Current Challenge: |

| Nov '16 | Sept/Oct '16 | Aug/Sep '16 | July/Aug '16 | June/July '16 | May '16 |

| Apr '16 | Mar '16 | Feb '16 | Jan '16 | Nov/Dec '15 |

14 hours ago, Rebel_Timelord said:

But I keep telling myself even if I only get 25% on a challenge than I'm still 25% ahead of where I started. Usually I surprise myself in the end.

And for me it is also a way of trying different things. I want to go in a kajak some time this summer. Have looked it up already at home and at the vacation spot. Hopefully I can find a dry day to try it.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, M_J said:

Re: husband getting frustrated. Is it your fault that he can't find things, because you moved stuff or are the only messy person? Want to check you're not taking on a problem of his own making without giving him a chance to help himself. I have has issues with overcompensating in relationships, so I may be extra paranoid on others behalf.

Most of the time it is not my fault that he cannot find his stuff and I am no messier than he is. However I think that if I can get my stuff more in order (which is a goal for me anyway wherever his stuff disappears to) there are less hiding places. He has also made some changes to help with it himself, like checking his keys, wallet etc in the evening to have everything ready to go in the morning. So now it is more the less used things he is looking for. You have given me food for thought with your last remark. I do not think I am taking over the problem, however I am sure there is a balance there between taking it over and helping to look. The worst is when I find "it" in a place where he already looked. That is frustrating for him, because it feels like I do not trust him by double checking and for me because I do not want to have to double check, but want to find whatever it is and get on with the day.

I've been thinking about how to make these challenges more effective for myself also. But don't forget that it's your first! So who knows. Maybe you just need some practice setting realistic goals. That's what I'm telling myself. Keep on keepin' on!

• Like 1

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

Enjoy your vacation!

Love your attitude about these challenges! Trying new things and determining if they work or not is always better than remaining stagnant. :D

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - Gail Devers

Current challenge: New Game

Previous challenges: 2017 Challenges: Strategy 2Strategy 1 | 1-3 1-2 | 1-1 | Reset
2016 Challenges: 432 | 1 | .5