Garjan - Fuel

Week 3 Day 1 (Monday)

Woah half way mark down! Also FYI it's officially shark week, starting with a mild panic attack and an intense wish for vodka at 6AM when i was driving to work. I have since calmed down thanks to some checklist writing, planning, and terrible cafeteria coffee.

Fuel: 2 beers and about 1/3 bar of dark chocolate (at least it's 70+% dark??) after work. I think of all the desserts I could crave that is the least bad. But I bought more fresh cherries to snack on instead.

Fire: another 30 min yoga session. The Yoga camp Day 5 theme ('I'm alive') was perfectly timed for helping walk away from bad start to the day. :)

Fitbit: about 10,900 steps. My wrist watch died for evening walk so 1000 or so steps are estimated. 

• Like 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Week 3 Day 2 (Tuesday)

Stayed at work later than normal. Made a mindful decision to skip yoga - provided that I kept to 1 beer and spent time playing with doggy instead of glued to ipad/computer/tv/etc. 

Fuel: 1 beer. Also 2 squares of dark chocolate bar.

Fire: No yoga. Fitbit only about 7500 steps because I spent most of day at my desk catching up on paperwork or in the electronics free zones. 

• Like 2

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Week 3 Day 3 (Wednesday)

Fuel: 2 beers + 2 squares of dark chocolate bar

Fire: 25 min yoga + 30 ish minute doggy "walk" (really a stop and sniff but it was really nice outside)

Fitbit steps = 10134

• Like 1

End of Week 3 Review:

Thursday:

Fuel: Successfully avoided cupcakes that someone had for their birthday! I did have chocolate when I got home but it was a really bad werewolf day. And I stuck to 2 drinks even though I was off work Friday!

Fire: Skipped yoga and instead curled up in pain with a book. I guess yoga would've helped but I had no motivation to do anything but be a lump. Just over 10K steps. 

Friday:

Fuel: Successfully avoided the sugar (even though I went out in the afternoon with some college friends). Think I had 3-4 drinks but not bad for a night out!

Fire: 1 hour hiking with doggy in the morning. No yoga. Got 18K steps over the day though :D

Saturday:

Fuel: Super over-did it on desserts at my buddy's bridal shower. They were amazingly delicious but definitely made me regret eating so much sugar when I crashed later in the day. Had a few drinks that night but nothing crazy i think.

Fire: I did nothing. Steps to be updated once I sync my fitbit.

Sunday:

Fuel: Family party for independence day. Drank a good amount.Didn't over do it on sweets though.

Fire: Nothing above usual dog walk & bag toss party games. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2016 at 0:45 PM, Evicious said:

I loooooove fresh cherries!!!

1421975909801.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

And yet I abhor cherry pie, go figure. :P It looks like you've been doing great! Keep up the good work, we're almost to the last week!

Haha I'm the same way! I think the only fruit pie i really like is apple or blueberry. Otherwise I don't really want any. I'd rather have the fruit anyway :)

• Like 1

Apple pie is the most reliably good fruit pie, in my opinion. I've also had some excellent blueberry pie - but more often, I've had blueberry sludge pies. I guess my main problem with fruit pies is that the fruit tends to end up either not tasting like itself (overly sweet, or overly spiced) and/or it ends up not having the same texture as fruit (ie, it becomes a gelatinous sludge). I want my berries spilling out of the crust when you cut a slice, not oozing out from under it like a sad, lumpy pudding...

Spoiler

I guess what I really want is a blueberry pie like this one:

ss_R149105.jpg

But fruit pies aside, it's the last week of the challenge! :D

• Like 1

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

1 hour ago, Evicious said:

Apple pie is the most reliably good fruit pie, in my opinion. I've also had some excellent blueberry pie - but more often, I've had blueberry sludge pies. I guess my main problem with fruit pies is that the fruit tends to end up either not tasting like itself (overly sweet, or overly spiced) and/or it ends up not having the same texture as fruit (ie, it becomes a gelatinous sludge). I want my berries spilling out of the crust when you cut a slice, not oozing out from under it like a sad, lumpy pudding...

Reveal hidden contents

I guess what I really want is a blueberry pie like this one:

ss_R149105.jpg

But fruit pies aside, it's the last week of the challenge! :D

Haha I feel you on that. Oooh yeah that looks like it would be a good blueberry pie. But then I'd probably just eat the blueberries out of the crust :P

Yes! Last week of challenge, meaning no pie for me XD. And probably time to cool it from a "long weekend" of not counting the drinks.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Garjan said:

Haha I feel you on that. Oooh yeah that looks like it would be a good blueberry pie. But then I'd probably just eat the blueberries out of the crust :P

Yes! Last week of challenge, meaning no pie for me XD. And probably time to cool it from a "long weekend" of not counting the drinks.

Right there with you, on all of the above. ^_^

make-happen-thumbs-up-42232577.jpg

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

La la la la la.....

Had some computer issues, got distracted, otherwise stopped updating.

Not really going to give a "real" end of challenge report. Just going to say - I bought myself:

• A new pair of trail running shoes. Though I'm probably due for new "traditional" shoes, I'm excited to go hit up some trails. 
  • Three (3) new sportsbras! Red, orange and a black & white zigzaggy pattern that match my favorite running shorts :D

A few things I learned this past challenge:

• Yoga is cool. I like yoga a lot. Maybe not good with every day yoga. But 3 days/week is definitely more than manageable. 
  • Dessert.... I still have an unhealthy relationship with it. If there are cookies in the house, I will eat them all. And then regret it, because they'll make me feel not so good. Still room for improvement. 
  • If I set an alcohol goal for 2 drinks per day I am most likely to focus on that limit...... then go crazy on weekends. Very rarely did I have less than those 2 drinks. Even rarer did I have weekends keeping to that limit. BUT.... I did start to think - do I really want this beer? Is this particular flavor worth it? Baby steps I guess, but I stopped looking at the beers as "I need beer" and more as "eh, I'd rather save my 'ticket' for a beer that's worth it"

In other news I've been pretty absorbed exploring my neighborhood in search of tha pokemanz.