Ladylydia Finds Her Stride

ladylydia

Alright, I'll admit it, this whole past week was a bust. Between my office manager being sick most of the week, making things crazy; and my brother's car being in the shop, making me his ride everywhere. I didn't get to the gym once.  I would manage a few meandering squats or leg lifts occasionally. But otherwise, nothing of great fitness value happened.
This week will be better,
 I walked two miles today to be sure of it.

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Str- 10, Dex-8, Sta-7, Con-11, Wis-68, Cha-43

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Challenge

Battlelog 

Ah, back at the gym today.  I was in a bit of a rush, so I forgot to warm up, it didn't seem to hurt much.  I may want to play a bit with cold starts, at least during the summer.

Tried something a bit different. Instead of doing three sets per weight for one type of dead-lift, i did two sets of both conventional and RDL.  That way they can both grow.

Dead lifts: (2 sets RDLs, 2 sets conventional)

4x5--110 lbs,

4x3-- 120 lbs

4x1-130 lbs, last set 3

OHP:

3x5- 50 lbs

3x3-55 lbs

3x1-65 lbs, last set 5.

3x10 inverted sit ups.

Yoga.

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Current Challenge

Battlelog 

Congrats!

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Whew, long day.

Squats and Bench press.   You know i switched up my normal combinations because both PTs said to, but I am just no liking these combos as well.  They are not very comfortable, my back feels pinched during the second workout and the recovery process feels longer. I think I'm going to switch back for a month and see how i feel.

Squats:

3x5-80 lbs

3x3-90 lbs

3x1-100 lbs

Bench:

3x5-80 lbs

3x3-90 lbs

3x1-100 lbs.

15 hanging knee tucks.

My new house has a counter tops with right angles in the kitchen.  The last time i had a kitchen that did that I practiced tricep dips and leg raises while my food cooked and i got really good at it.  Now I can practice again.

• Like 4

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Current Challenge

Battlelog 

Ok, I moved, have internet and am finally caught up to the point that I can write a wrap up. 

The challenge was started a bit rocky, week three didn't happen at all. But weeks two and four were strong. I didn't do much cardio, but my lifts have been on target for the month. I found a house close to work so my commute has gone from 50 minutes, down to 2 min. It's wonderful.

Despite having to take a week off and neglecting cardio, I feel pretty good about the challenge in general; everything was a major step in the right direction, so i give the challenge a B.

In case you haven't found it yet: the new challenge is over here. 

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Current Challenge

Battlelog