• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

On 21.6.2016 at 2:45 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

Glad you made it through Ramp Up week and starting Pole today! I see the cat has safely escaped all the paperwork. Good for you.

Ramp Up week just got an extension ... week 3 and 4 will have to be genormous if that's anything to go by :D

Paperwork mostly done, but now our landlord for the workspace wants to kick us out by the end of the year or sign up anew for new conditions and we must see if we can afford the new terms.... would love to stay though. Cross fingers for us, please

On 21.6.2016 at 4:38 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Ramp up week, I like it. Have fun poling!

ugh, didn't pole and should have. Yesterday at class was utter fail as I only slipped in the brief heat wave we're having here. I'm glad for summer to be here, but poling was not pretty at 32 Celcius temp. Will have to train at home in cool basement again ;) Once the blue and black bruises ease up a bit... :P

On 22.6.2016 at 2:39 AM, annyshay said:

Wooooo, ramp up into more Pole awesomeness!  I hope your email ninja duties have decreased too. ;)

They actually rose up to more as I offered those meditation classes now and within 1 week over 20 people signed up WOW am very happy with that! Have organized them all now though, bills done, webinar set up, all information out, various other things finally done as well. Insurance hopefully happy with the mountains of papers filled in and tax papers nearly dealt with... now I am off to final choir rehearsal before our concert tomorrow which will be HEAVENLY :) 

.... anyone else feel like the days need more hours?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

started with sun salutations in the mornings again though and did hula hoop most days.

That's something, right?

I was just thinking that I should get back to doing those if I'm going to let other things slide. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

anyone else feel like the days need more hours?

I'm with you... but I will hopefully take those extra hours to sleep... or not. I hear you on all that you have managed, meditation subscriptions, admin, tax, insurance... man it never stops! At least the extra meditation gives you some meditative time too? Glad you got some sun salutations and hula hoop in as well. Ouch for those black and blue spots because of slipping on the pole. Hope it gets better soon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

started with sun salutations in the mornings again though and did hula hoop most days.

That's something, right?

Sure, that's an awesome thing :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

but now our landlord for the workspace wants to kick us out by the end of the year or sign up anew for new conditions and we must see if we can afford the new terms....

Ouch.

• Like 1

Thank you all :cheerful: and good news: I BROKE THE SPELL, whooooohoooooo

it had been piling up longer and longer with no exercise compared to former regular and the innate barrier to get started even became real high.... last Thursday I only slipped during pole class and I think it was not only the heat to blame but also my lack of training, not a pretty admission either and instead of motivating me to get my ass in gear, I slouched even more, ugh

Today, today, I broke through :triumphant:

Played for 15 minutes on the hoop and then finally tackled the pole again. Cool basements be praised :)

Now I gotta dash cook and shop etc, but yay I'm so happy I made this!

Not caring about having done no IS for the last two weeks now, counting the wins and aim to pole again rather tomorrow. And Thursday... and Friday... well, we'll see about that :lol:

• Like 2

On 24.6.2016 at 7:32 PM, annyshay said:

I was just thinking that I should get back to doing those if I'm going to let other things slide. :)

soooo helpful!! And such a nice transition into more strenuous things, too

On 24.6.2016 at 10:16 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

I'm with you... but I will hopefully take those extra hours to sleep... or not. I hear you on all that you have managed, meditation subscriptions, admin, tax, insurance... man it never stops! At least the extra meditation gives you some meditative time too? Glad you got some sun salutations and hula hoop in as well. Ouch for those black and blue spots because of slipping on the pole. Hope it gets better soon.

Oh, and with sick kids you have even less sleep now! But they will surely be better again soon :)

Yes, I do get meditative time while guiding the group and it's huge fun! Had moved it one week later because I ran late with advertising it, but it got booked full within less than a week, yayyyy, and today we did Day 2 and so far all my people love it. And me too ^_^ Absolute win.

Bruises come with poling, I'm used to it and just wanted to whine a bit ;) Legs are much better now.... because lazy me hadn't trained haha, but with practice the bruises will improve as well. Astounding what all the body gets used to!

On 25.6.2016 at 7:14 AM, Kunmaar said:

Sure, that's an awesome thing :)

Hey there Hoop Buddy :) :cheerful: Look what I tried out today: http://hooplovers.tv/5-hoop-moves-for-total-beginners/

Some off body hoop play and after some initial clumsiness and hoop nearly breaking my lamp (ooops) I managed to let it hoop around my hands next to my body and alternated it with the infinity weaving she shows right at the start. The other things in between somehow I can't do yet, but those two were fun!

On 25.6.2016 at 4:21 PM, zenLara said:

Ouch.

Yes, ouch, but it looks like it will actually kick us into an improvement. We might hire on the whole place together with our office neighbors with whom we get along very well since 8 years now and the new rental admin is determined to neaten the whole house up which is something we were wishing for since years and it had gotten worse instead of better. Now someone new is in charge and is actually getting stuff done, so with that all in place we really want to stay on. Renting the whole space together with the neighbors will give each of us a second office and we could do with that very well. Maybe it's simply time to take the leap.

Oh btw, my youngest and her music :rolleyes:: now she was devastated all of a sudden for stopping recorder lessons and also begged us with tears streaming to please, please, please not sell her drums

I spoke to her teachers and the recorder teacher says even without practicing she is good enough to make progress in her lessons and if I give her one more year with the alto recorder she will be steady enough on it to easily pick it up as a grown up again and will be able to play basically anything from children's songs to folk to pop music, whatever as she can nearly play from sheet as is. She thinks that one year will make a big difference still but then there is not much more to teach her unless she does develop some real ambition after all (or that's what it sounded like to me, maybe I misunderstood, but she was happy for T to stop after that year).

So now we'll keep the drums but pause those lessons for a year and let her focus on the recorder mainly for now. She can keep practicing on the drums any time, but won't have to. And in a year's time we'll look at a few other drums teachers for her to see where the chemistry feels best and then decide if and where to get lessons again or not. Right now she even asked to stay with the same teacher, where she seemed unhappy before, but changed her mind during the last weeks... ah, it just never gets boring :D Well she's going to do her year with the recorder now and then we'll see about the drums.

I was thinking of you so often in between all those decision and wondered if you'd lynch me or encourage me, but never managed to sit down and actually write to you... this feels good though and I'm sure is a good compromise.

Oh and a funny part still: I told T that if she really wants to continue on the recorder, I want her to play more on it at home, because I also like hearing some of it. She drew herself up with utmost outrage "Mom!! That is so selfish of you, how can you expect me to practice just so that YOU get to hear some music! I can't believe you are that selfish" I had to really bite my lip to not start laughing out loud at her indignation. They really take it for granted though, that we pay for every whim and don't want anything in return, hey? 

It's the same every time I "force" them to help along with the household. They feel like the poorest slaves having to offload that dishwasher or fold up that laundry :P

On 25.6.2016 at 5:44 PM, SymphonicDan said:

Ooh, late to the party but... following :)

never too late, glad to have you

party actually just starting anyway :shame:

23 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Week 3 and we are getting back into normal school work. Sooooo.... read aloud for today done! Astrix The Gaul, and a Bible story earlier this morning. :loyal:

Yay you!!! Way to go :)

My boy has to present a book at class in two weeks time so we didn't read any English but started reading the one he wants to present rather. It's "Holes - the secrets of Camp Green Lake" and seems sinister yet funny enough for 13 year old boy's taste. It's nearly 300 pages (he looked like fainting at that :P ) and we have already managed 55, yay

Bring on more Bible stories and Astrix, Astrix is the best, we'll bring on Stanley Yelnats at Camp Green Lake :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Oh btw, my youngest and her music :rolleyes:: now she was devastated all of a sudden for stopping recorder lessons and also begged us with tears streaming to please, please, please not sell her drums

she's so cute.

and wondered if you'd lynch me

I'd never go that far. A few spanks would suffice :P

Well she's going to do her year with the recorder now and then we'll see about the drums.

We'll see, then. This seems a very interesting case of leaving and taking up again :D

"Mom!! That is so selfish of you, how can you expect me to practice just so that YOU get to hear some music! I can't believe you are that selfish"

This is interesting :) Usually they act the opposite, and they want their parents to listen to everything they've learnt. It's the first time I hear an answer like this :D More usually parents complain about how fed up they are from this or this other song. I remember once this student that was an absolute fan of Harry Potter and I wrote her down Hedwig's theme. One day her father came and told me "yeah, thank you for that" with a bittersweet smile :D.

• Like 2

Hey there Hoop Buddy :) :cheerful: Look what I tried out today: http://hooplovers.tv/5-hoop-moves-for-total-beginners/

Some off body hoop play and after some initial clumsiness and hoop nearly breaking my lamp (ooops) I managed to let it hoop around my hands next to my body and alternated it with the infinity weaving she shows right at the start. The other things in between somehow I can't do yet, but those two were fun

Cool! I can barely do the regular hoop though :D

• Like 1

LOL Kids! A couple of weeks ago Youngest went with me and Oldest to riding lessons and all of a sudden he was missing his riding lessons and he'll do ANYTHING to ride again. Luckily the teacher knows that we told him to choose, because finances dictate one selective each only. So she turned around and asked whether he won't miss his dancing, and of course he said but he can't stop dancing, it's his life! So she told him he can come for a ride during the holidays. But man... they either want everything, or they want nothing, or anything their way!

The meds are helping a lot. Youngest should be able to sleep soundly tonight, if I can just get him to keep his slippers on (like socks), but he loves being barefoot.

Glad your bruises are healing and that you are getting around to pole and hoola again. :love_heart:

• Like 1

On 6/28/2016 at 10:35 AM, zenLara said:

This is interesting :) Usually they act the opposite, and they want their parents to listen to everything they've learnt. It's the first time I hear an answer like this :D More usually parents complain about how fed up they are from this or this other song. I remember once this student that was an absolute fan of Harry Potter and I wrote her down Hedwig's theme. One day her father came and told me "yeah, thank you for that" with a bittersweet smile :D.

I was totally shy about my flute practicing, but my mom always loved to listen too. Tiny perfectionist me didn't want her to hear how many mistakes I made!!!

Do you have Hedwig's theme for flute? I would totally learn that...

Glad you're back on the pole, LFD! Keep it up!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, annyshay said:

I'm sure I have a copy somewhere. Let me take a look.

• Like 1

I'm glad your kid is getting to the stage with music that soon they're basically self-sufficient and will always be able to learn to play whatever they want. Although when I realized I was at that stage I bought myself "Islamey" (once the hardest thing ever written for piano) and Rachmaninov's second piano concerto and it took me quite a while before I realized that you need superhuman dexterity to play either of them and it would probably never happen :P

I guess you've been busy - how are things going?

• Like 2

On 28.6.2016 at 5:35 PM, zenLara said:

she's so cute.

I'd never go that far. A few spanks would suffice :P

We'll see, then. This seems a very interesting case of leaving and taking up again :D

It keeps being interesting :D now she says her drums teacher isn't actually that bad after all (she had felt uncomfortable with him) and can't she stay after all? Hubby stuck to the year pause where I might have caved because she obviously suddenly practices now :P But we'll see for how long...

Anyway I'm very glad she is having fun with her instruments and with the plan we now have - one more year recorder and then relooking at the drums lessons.

Oh, she has the wanting to show off, too, but more with her hip hop dancing or when she drew something or so. With the music not so much and even with the hip hop she got super nervous when it came to an actual show yesterday at a local festival. She can be quite the serious little girl, I'd be happy for her to lighten up a little more.

Oh, wow, you are the BEST teacher ever! Some parents are just *** so ignore him and just the more yay for the girl to have other adults in her life!! This is the stuff that gives them a second home in music, so that will do her good in so many ways.

On 28.6.2016 at 5:49 PM, Kunmaar said:

Cool! I can barely do the regular hoop though :D

Oh, that is the cool part, you don't have to! You can hold onto it with your hands :) Got myself some bruises though, because I used the lighter smaller hoop of my girl and it's so hard, ouch... not ideal yet. But I can't really go out and buy a third hoop now, just for those things... 

How are you doing on the waist hooping?

On 28.6.2016 at 6:21 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

LOL Kids! A couple of weeks ago Youngest went with me and Oldest to riding lessons and all of a sudden he was missing his riding lessons and he'll do ANYTHING to ride again. Luckily the teacher knows that we told him to choose, because finances dictate one selective each only. So she turned around and asked whether he won't miss his dancing, and of course he said but he can't stop dancing, it's his life! So she told him he can come for a ride during the holidays. But man... they either want everything, or they want nothing, or anything their way!

The meds are helping a lot. Youngest should be able to sleep soundly tonight, if I can just get him to keep his slippers on (like socks), but he loves being barefoot.

Glad your bruises are healing and that you are getting around to pole and hoola again. :love_heart:

YES, that is totally it! Clever teacher helping him see it so quickly :)

Oh, I catch myself at the all of nothing regularly *sigh* I slack and then want to get back up and my mind spits out big plans for EVERYTHING and I am so excited and I want to 

do-all-the-things.jpeg

and then I struggle picking out what's best and doable and last time that happened (a big part of this last challenge actually) I didn't do ANYTHING at all in the end. Ugh

Well not true: I did calm my mind, big yay on that! I stopped beating myself up about not exercising the way I used to and I took a lot of tension around the whole thing. So that was a big step. Aaaand I am slowly starting to get back on the wagon, but this time approaching it a little more gently ;)

Let's see how long I can keep it up. I might just be a big kid after all :D

No pole bruises though as not much pole was done :P See, I'm looking at the bright side :lol:

• Like 3

On 1.7.2016 at 1:12 AM, annyshay said:

I was totally shy about my flute practicing, but my mom always loved to listen too. Tiny perfectionist me didn't want her to hear how many mistakes I made!!!

Glad you're back on the pole, LFD! Keep it up!!

I think that goes for both my girls, too. And it was the same for me as a kid with playing the harp. Parents always loved to hear it, but not me necessarily....

Well, I did get back, but not that much and have decided to give in to low motivation and give it a summer break. Travelling to beautiful South Africa soon and will pick it up properly again once I am back. Am planning on light exercise till then, but hopefully steadier again :)

On 1.7.2016 at 9:27 AM, zenLara said:

I'm sure I have a copy somewhere. Let me take a look.

Can I have too??? Pretty please? For eldest.... :love_heart:

On 3.7.2016 at 0:16 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Yay for breaking the spell! How has this week been?

ummm, not my brightest in terms of training :unsure: but I had a great work week - does that count? Lots of golden treasure was hunted for :D

On 5.7.2016 at 1:31 AM, SymphonicDan said:

I'm glad your kid is getting to the stage with music that soon they're basically self-sufficient and will always be able to learn to play whatever they want. Although when I realized I was at that stage I bought myself "Islamey" (once the hardest thing ever written for piano) and Rachmaninov's second piano concerto and it took me quite a while before I realized that you need superhuman dexterity to play either of them and it would probably never happen :P

I guess you've been busy - how are things going?

Lol, Dan, that is so you and you know, I wouldn't be surprised if at some stage you were to play it after all :D Who knows? If you channel the alien within you strong enough? Wouldn't that be fun :)

Ah well, I was very busy, yes and then I was not working out at all much and didn't have anything to post here and ... don't have any valid reason to not have come here :(

Now that I am I'm wondering why I stayed away for so long...

Anyhow, I had super creative work time with lots of fun, spent much time with hubby and kids, so big yay on that too. But I missed you all, despite the hiding, and am glad to finally get in touch again :love_heart:

10 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Let's see how long I can keep it up. I might just be a big kid after all :D

Nothing wrong with that! Life is there to be enjoyed. When are you coming to South Africa?

I missed you very much! But realised your silence was probably due to work. Sending you hugs and glad you had such an awesome time with hubby and the kids.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Nothing wrong with that! Life is there to be enjoyed. When are you coming to South Africa?

I missed you very much! But realised your silence was probably due to work. Sending you hugs and glad you had such an awesome time with hubby and the kids.

I missed you too!!!

We're flying on August 2nd and stay until Sept 6th, isn't that simply so AWESOME, squeeeeeeeeeeee

Wish I could come see you!

We'll be staying in George (at Garden Route) mostly with some time at Keurboomsstrand (near Plettenberg Bay) and a few days at Graaf-Reinet. No group coming with us for hubby to guide around, just us, visiting family and having a good time. What a treat! I can't wait, we all can't.

If there is any way you could come for a few days to Keurboomsstrand, I'm sure we could find you some space to stay with us! Not in George, no room there, but Keurbooms we could. Wouldn't that be awesome?! But I know how busy your life is and that this is wayyyyyy away for you, plus you've got that awesome Muddy Princess coming up, so I'll be with you in spirit a lot as is :love_heart: Just thought I'd ask anyhow :)

I am trying to get as much work done as possible before our trip and set up some courses to offer once I am back to help keep our finances up and so far it is all looking real good. Am still getting used to having less of a work load with quitting so much of my former translation, organisational and other office work for my teacher. It's weird to not feel responsible for things I used to handle and to really drop it all, but I am getting there and then it is actually delicious :) And it gives me creative mind space again. I find myself having energy and ideas again for my own courses, retreats and sessions, yay

And I don't feel guilty anymore in the time I don't work but do other things instead :) That is probably the biggest yay for me of all right now.

• Like 3

Oh boy, time to wrap this up and I'm not sure how much there is to report at all.... but let's see, maybe it's better than I thought :)

Challenge Summary

1. Golden body - FAIL

• what better way to get golden than using GMB (Gold Medal Bodies) programs :D so of course I will stick to Integral Strength with all the given workouts, if I manage I will finish the program within the challenge, yay - None done at all :o Will definitely restart at a later point but lost all motivation at the moment, so I dropped it
  • keep up pole training 3x/week - trained 5/15 times in total
  • get that core fire burning by hula hooping 5 min daily - some days done, most days not
  • make it all sparkle by drinking 2 liters of water daily and no alcohol on 6 days / week - didn't even track... ooops

2. Golden Wisdom - B

in the brilliant story of Jim Button the evil dragon that is defeated but not killed falls into a year long magical sleep and awakens as a golden dragon of wisdom... maybe my less glorious traits could sleep like that too :D and more wisdom awaken with them getting out of the way...

• write diary dialogue with my own Larger Presence daily, time to tap into the wisdom within even if it sounds like nothing special at that moment and might not be valuable to anyone else, it makes me feel happy, open, relaxed and gives me perspective DONE :triumphant: also started writing down notes for maybe my own book (in the very far future) as well as ideas for things to include in my session and retreat teachings. This did me a world of good and I definitely want to keep it going!
  • meditate early morning, tapping into that Larger Presence and setting constructive focus for each day (will get ultimate accountability on this one as I am offering my clients to join me via webinar in this ^_^ they love stuff like that and I will benefit as well) DONE :triumphant: The trick of forcing me to do it by making it an event for my clients worked perfectly :) They loved it, I loved it, I even started waking up at 5.30 am on weekends because my body adapted to it and the meditation time together is soooooo delicious!! We are in fact continuing for another 2 weeks, yay!
  • keep up room wisdom with T by helping her and/or playing with her after checking her room thoroughly once a week. Well, that went so-so. I didn't help her much, but I did check up more often and she is keeping it neater and we did play lots of games anyway, so ... not sure how to track this
  • read English with A 4x a week - DONE :triumphant: Well, we did not read English, but he had to prepare a book presentation for school and chose "Holes" which he hadn't even read at all yet, so we read 300 pages together in one week, I helped him prepare the presentation in the following week and with the many hours going into this together, I am definitely counting it towards this goal :)
  • keep up checking A and T's homework daily - done, which wasn't too hard as they are approaching the summer holidays, had a lot of special events going on and not as much regular homework to do

3. Golden Moments - A/F :D 

look for happy, fun, inspiring, grateful or otherwise valuable moments and treasure them. Soak them up, include in write up here or daily diary... squeeze them ^_^

1 point for each moment captured, let's see how many I can get over the challenge...

A: I actively looked for happy moments and spent much time in appreciation of the wonderful people and blessings in my life

F: I didn't write down a single one of them and deserted you guys here completely

Life Quest: Golden Treasures - B

I'll be part of the Monkey Tamers United and tackle some work stuff that I still promised for my former partner and teacher plus some creative work for us that will hopefully open up new sources of income to balance what fell away when I stopped working for said teacher. It's a tricky balance here for me, I want to find my own footing, yet not be competition to her or step on her toes and I am still floating about on all of it. Therefor I am not surprised at having less client sessions at the moment - they always sense how clear I am - and know the journaling and meditation will bring me back into my creative, happy space. The walks I've done recently already got me closer to some of this, they were really happy things. Also unfulfilled promises weigh heavy on me and slow me down, so it will be good to get the updates I had still promised done and that too will open up a lot of joy.

Monkey Tamers United was great motivation (plus they have the most beautiful spreadsheet EVER :) ) and I managed a LOT of work that would have otherwise been delayed! Not all, but a lot and I am super proud of that. So this is a very happy B

My own footing is slowly getting clearer, clients are happily signing up for things again and our treasure funds are looking good.

Interesting thing: the work that I had promised to do still for my teacher/friend I could not bring myself to do. Things kept coming in between, technology didn't work out, other priorities moved in from both sides... end result I didn't do any of it. And just two days ago I realized that I won't do it any time in the future either. My time as her German voice is simply over. There is a time and space for everything and the time for this is over, as beautiful as it was. Trying to keep it going just to keep my promise, doesn't work for me and I am actually relieved to let it go. Haven't told her yet, but I have a feeling it will work out in a new way and it won't even be bad at all. Also I am realizing how much I had done for her over the last years that went way beyond what I was paid in return. I'm happy about it all as it served our whole German community, but it means I don't need to feel bad either about dropping it now. It's been enough. Good friends working since many years with the same teacher made me see that I have contributed plenty and don't need to feel obliged for any more. They actually told me that maybe it's time to not "be the good girl" any longer and with big deep breaths I am allowing myself to actually do that and drop my old habits of obligation and duty. For the rebellion!!! :)

It feels both scary and exciting at the same time. I feel like breaking out of an egg shell or shedding an old skin.

I guess it was all of those inner things shifting and moving, plus my new found creativity in my work and the fun with it, that left no energy for workouts. However I mustn't drop it completely as that is no good, so let's scheme for a gentle restart until I feel up for whole program again, hmmmmm, any ideas?

• Like 3