• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1 hour ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Wouldn't that be awesome?! But I know how busy your life is and that this is wayyyyyy away for you, plus you've got that awesome Muddy Princess coming up, so I'll be with you in spirit a lot as is :love_heart: Just thought I'd ask anyhow :)

Oh thank you so much! If it were any closer I would take you up on your offer in a heart beat! Unfortunately it is two days' drive away, and yes, the Muddy Princess, and finances, etc. is just a bit too much. Thank you so much for the offer though. You don't realise how much it means to me! :love_heart:

1 hour ago, lucky fire dragon said:

And I don't feel guilty anymore in the time I don't work but do other things instead :) That is probably the biggest yay for me of all right now.

This was one of the things I worked through this last week.

• Like 2

However I mustn't drop it completely as that is no good, so let's scheme for a gentle restart until I feel up for whole program again, hmmmmm, any ideas?

My two cents... I really enjoyed my Druidy challenge.  I had forgotten that leveling up my life wasn't just about getting physically stronger.  This last challenge reminded me to spend some time leveling up my mental health too. 

Since you love pole work and look so beautiful when you do it I'd vote for keeping habit going.  Maybe pick one dietary goal like a weekly water goal or food prep?  Just something to keep those good habits going while you enjoy (and focus) on those other aspects of your life that seem to be taking off. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Oh thank you so much! If it were any closer I would take you up on your offer in a heart beat! Unfortunately it is two days' drive away, and yes, the Muddy Princess, and finances, etc. is just a bit too much. Thank you so much for the offer though. You don't realise how much it means to me! :love_heart:

This was one of the things I worked through this last week.

That's what I guessed, but I thought it was worth a shot :) Would have meant a lot to me too, you know! It's so weird coming that much closer to you and yet still out of reach :( We'll manage it one day for sure though!!

Let's go for lots more guilt-free happy free time, shall we :)

1 hour ago, Lightning said:

My two cents... I really enjoyed my Druidy challenge.  I had forgotten that leveling up my life wasn't just about getting physically stronger.  This last challenge reminded me to spend some time leveling up my mental health too. 

Since you love pole work and look so beautiful when you do it I'd vote for keeping habit going.  Maybe pick one dietary goal like a weekly water goal or food prep?  Just something to keep those good habits going while you enjoy (and focus) on those other aspects of your life that seem to be taking off. 

Good point! I do feel doing very well with mental health right now, because of all the time I gave that this last challenge (maybe should have placed that one with the druids really ;) ) so that is going great. It's the fitness that got left in the dust and needs to get back up. Gained a little weight and waist volume too, and even though that is totally okay, I don't want that trend to continue. So fitness it really shall be, with a gentle start and possibly no strict program, but lots of motivation :)

Thank you for the kind words and all good ideas :cheerful: I'd normally juice up the pole training again, yes, but for half the challenge I'll be in South Africa without pole access - and no street signs don't work at all for me ;) - so I am aiming to rather pick that up properly again in September when we are back....

The water is a good idea and I was also wondering, maybe I will pick a step goal or simply to burn x amount of calories / day to ensure enough activity but not being fixed on which?? Since I got my fitbit in May I can see how huge the difference is between my desk work days (and some pathetic lazy weekend days) and active days. I sometimes burn less then 1600 kcal / day whereas on a really good active day it would be 2100 kcal. Actually it says at my height and weight, if I want to shed some kg, I should be burning slightly over 2100 kcal every single day :o On the app I set the goal to 2000 now and have managed 2/7 days in the last two weeks... with the other days getting closer though.

So ideas so far:

- water goal

- x amount of steps per day or per week

- x amount of kcal burned per day

- tracking food??? Such a hassle, I don't wanna really, but maybe it would be good?

- 7 min app training while on holiday?

- keep up morning meditation and journaling

- 10 a day stuff, like 10 push ups, 10 sit ups, 10 dips etc ?

- hula hooping

hmm, will go for a walk with youngest now and see what inspiration hits :) Thanks for all the suggestions!!

• Like 3

Back from walk and none the wiser :D

Just that it was gorgeous and she loved every minute. We poked at tiny mushrooms, cleared slow muck rivers, studied tree bark and strange insects,... had a blast :)

Walked my 10 000 steps even already, yay!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

We'll manage it one day for sure though!!

Hubby won't be able to go away again soon, and to be honest, I'm a bit scared driving woman alone with two little boys, because I have to drive through two very dangerous areas. But if you are ever able to plan something for KwaZulu-Natal (Pietermaritzburg) area, then you can always come and stay over! I have a nice cosy room for you and hubby and we can make a plan with the kids if they don't mind mattresses? And if you want to camp, I have the whole garden available!

That walk sounds awesome, and so relaxing! Glad you enjoyed it.

• Like 1

I am already scared just driving on the left :P not to talk about having to watch out for people trying to sell stuff at crossings or trying to take my car instead...  Africa is not for sissies is it, and I still am one very much :D

We might actually come closer to you one day, nearly would have this year but then with my fil not being well we didn't want to be too far away for long. So another time :) we won't give up on it!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

not to talk about having to watch out for people trying to sell stuff at crossings or trying to take my car instead...

Aircon is your friend! Drive with the windows up, and aircon on. But its winter, so you might not need the aircon. I really hope you enjoy your holiday, you are going to a spectacularly beautiful part of our country! You definitely have to stay close around fil with the health-threat he already had. :love_heart:

• Like 1

Yes, air-con will be our friend and we'll be super fine. Hubby is anyway going to do the driving, he just thinks I should learn to drive on left side, too and I don't want to :P

Yes, we'll treasure every single moment!! Only two weeks to go :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Well not true: I did calm my mind, big yay on that! I stopped beating myself up about not exercising the way I used to and I took a lot of tension around the whole thing. So that was a big step. Aaaand I am slowly starting to get back on the wagon, but this time approaching it a little more gently ;)

Let's see how long I can keep it up. I might just be a big kid after all :D

Thumbs up to this excellent reframing. :) And I love your thoughts on changes at work.

I like your thoughts above for new goals. I'm really taking Steve's advice to heart. Pick the smallest possible change and commit to it. Everything else is gravy!

• Like 2