Fonzico shifts gears for the summer (pun intended)

Fonzico

AHA disc golf! I was wondering what you were doing to rack up those steps. Well done, sir. 

WHAT that sounds amazing. I keep meaning to make homemade ranch from homemade mayo but...too many steps [emoji14]

It's practically cheating. So much walking!

Yep, the sour cream version is when you need it quick like, and don't have mayo on hand.

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Goal the first: Bike Commute!

3.5/4 : I got a ride home on Friday when I wasn't feeling well, so I slipped a little behind this week. Sister dearest wants to go for a super long ride on the weekend though, so I'll make it up!

Goal the Second: Be Bendy and Strong!

2 kettlebell workouts. This is technically on track, but I need to squeeze two extra workouts in over the course of the challenge to meet my goal, so that means three this week.

Goal the Third: Walk a Bunch!

80,588 steps/70,000

Winner! So much walking this weekend at the tournament, more than made up for the weekdays that I didn't reach 10,000.

Goal the Fourth: Eat so Good

12/16 Erm. Okay. So this is where I really need to improve to see some progress.

I got off to a rough start on Monday, did okay through the week, then muddled my way through the weekend.

I actually did okay with food prep, but ate additional stuff that put me over my carb and calorie goals.

What I need to do is truly commit to this goal. I am getting an A on this in week two, and I'd like you all to hold me accountable to that.

Bonus Goal: check ins and updates complete and exceeded! A+

• Like 5

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

195aa0d951ab578c49b2c2405f283ed4.jpg

Delicious, delicious food prep :)

Tomorrow I'm planning to make some sort of breakfasty type meat creation (meatloaf or sausage patties or something).

Dinner tonight was great - basa in foil in the grill, with butter and limes, with carrots and coleslaw. No leftovers though, sadly.

• Like 5

Level 20

Week Two Day One:

Metrics: Perfect! +3pts

Bike commute: Yep yep

Workout: None scheduled

Steps:

Bonus: updates and check ins complete!

To borrow from the good sir Tank: yesterday was a good day. Very much a shake off the weekend and get ready to take on the week kind of day.

I got off work a couple hours early, so I had lots of time to grocery shop, including hitting up the butcher's. Made a great meal plan for the week, got lots of meat and veggies, and even tidied up the fridge and kitchen when I got home.

Kettlebells tonight!

• Like 6

Level 20

Yay for all the food prep and planning!

• Like 1

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

4ff8bd40f2df0c3a56969b872f7a3757.jpg

Tester breakfast sausage patty, to find out if I wasted 2lbs of good pork or not (why the hell wouldn't I use 1 lb on a new recipe of uncertain status?! These are the things we ask ourselves after the meat is already mixed...)

Fortunately, they are delicious! The recipe called for what I considered to be an obscene amount of sage, so I cut it in half, which was a good call. Should have done the same with the salt, as that's the only thing wrong with it; too salty. But pop an egg on top of that baby, maybe a little cheese, and it'll balance out.

Recipe, with my modifications, in case anyone's interested:

2lbs lean ground pork

1 TBSP ground sage

1 TBSP minced garlic (I used dried, but fresh would be great!)

1 tsp dried thyme (pulverized with the garlic in a mortar a bit first)

1 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp celery salt

1/2 tsp corse salt (my suggestions for salt, not what I actually used)

2 eggs, beaten

(Recipe also called for fennel, which would probably be delicious, I just didn't have any)

Gently but thoroughly mix together all ingredients.

Form into small, thin patties. I froze mine between sheets of parchment on a pan, and tomorrow they'll be moved to a freezer bag for storage.

My batch, most incredibly annoyingly, made 19. Gah!

• Like 3

Level 20

Eek! So, good news!

So for those who don't know, I currently work at my local community college, doing admissions and registration. Last week I applied for a job as an advising associate (kind of like a junior advisor) because while I really enjoy what I do, and adore my coworkers and my boss, advising is what I could really see myself doing career wise.

This position is just half time and is a contract for a little under a year, so I would keep half my hours in my current position if I got it, which is actually a great situation to trial it and make sure it really is what I want to do before I give up my awesome job.

Anyways. I got an interview! Whoooooopa! It's going down on Monday.

• Like 4

Level 20

Good luck, that sounds like a lot of fun.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Good luck, that sounds like a lot of fun.

That recipe looks good! Good luck with the interview on Monday. I pray it goes well.

Thanks, guys! I found out that I have to do a 10 minute presentation pretending to recruit high school students... which I am super nervous about, but my husband assures me this will showcase my strengths so I am attempting to remain calm.

• Like 4

Level 20

1 minute ago, Fonzico said:

Thanks, guys! I found out that I have to do a 10 minute presentation pretending to recruit high school students... which I am super nervous about, but my husband assures me this will showcase my strengths so I am attempting to remain calm.

Protip, when your husband says something positive about you, respond with, "You're right."

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Week Two Day Two:

Metrics: +2 pts, carbs were a little high (like 15g over) nothing outrageous, but still. Damn cherries! I've got to be so careful with everything else on days I choose to eat potatoes! At least it was a workout day though.

Workout: Yes, awesome kettlebell workout. We basically did tabata sets the entire time. Exhausting but it went by really quickly.

Bike commute: 1/2! It was pouring rain, thundering and lightening when i got off work, so I bailed and got a ride home.

Steps: nearly 9000. Not bad.

Today, I bike commuted both ways, win win! I forgot my fitbit when I went to work, so I'll have to operate on an estimate today.

• Like 4

Level 20

Protip, when your husband says something positive about you, respond with, "You're right."

I'm attempting to implement your very wise advice. The other night, be hugged me, but quickly released, saying "ugh, you're hot." And i was like "you're right" as I sauntered away.

The dinner looks KILLER. O_O Congrats on the interview! 

rwDm6.gif

Good luck even though you don't need it!

Glad you got home safely in the thunderstorm. We're getting some of that over here too.

Thanks! I feel a bit better now that I've started working on the presentation.

• Like 6

Level 20

Week Two Day Three:

Metrics: A-ok

Workout: none scheduled

Bike commute: Yep!

Steps: forgot my fitbit. Guessing in the 7000 range.

Week Two Day Four:

Metrics: OMG so much food. I was genuinely hungry, so I'm not going to beat myself up too badly. And even with eating an extra 500 calories, my carbs were just barely over, so honestly, that's a minor win. Only +1 point though.

Workout: insanely killer KB workout! Probably explained my need to eat ALL the protein afterwards.

Bike commute: 1/2 hubs picked me up again. It WAS thunder storming when I got off work, but it was supposed to be ending right away, so I told him I was fine. He came anyways. And it did stop right away. Oh well. So much biking this weekend to make up.

Steps:

• Like 4

Level 20

1 hour ago, Fonzico said:

I'm attempting to implement your very wise advice. The other night, be hugged me, but quickly released, saying "ugh, you're hot." And i was like "you're right" as I sauntered away.

tumblr_mz5esgjAYn1r0ckzto1_400.gif

• Like 2

YOU ARE AMAZING AND YOU ARE GOING TO KICK ALL THE ASS

Plus: drool

Sent on dragon wing

• Like 1

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

53 minutes ago, darkfoxx said:

YOU ARE AMAZING AND YOU ARE GOING TO KICK ALL THE ASS

Plus: drool

Sent on dragon wing

Thanks, doll - I miss your face! Maybe someday soon you will have an (internet) life again :P You and your real life!

So guys, This kettlebell work was seriously bonkers. It was called the 12 days of summer, which is just a seasonally appropriate rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas. So in essence, it works just like the christmas song wherein you start with one of one thing. The next round is two of something, then you repeat the one thing. Then 3,2,1. Then 4, 3, 2,1. Etc Etc so on and so forth. The workout thusly went like this:

1 Turkish Get up (Per side)

2 Windmills (Per side)

3 Overhead Squats (Per side)

4 Squat Thrusters

5 Lunge Thrus (Per side)

6 Bent Over Rows

7 Push ups

8 Push Presses

9 Double Squats

10 Double Swings

11 Jump Squats

12 Burpees. 

So by the end, you do the whole thing from bottom to top, starting with the burpees. I didn't make it that far. Even with meshing two rounds into one earlier on in the process. Honestly, I didn't feel on top of my game - the sciatic nerve in my right leg was not happy about life (Fortunately foam rolling afterwards seems to have helped, as it's fine today), and I tweaked my wrist a little part way through the workout. But even with all that, it was still a total wipeout workout! 

I was still wiped out this morning, and couldn't drag myself out of bed in time to bike to work. Blerg, I really do have a lot to make up this weekend. 

• Like 5

Level 20

That sounds bananas but amazing! I'm hoping for a return to some sort of stable schedule too, soon - my lack of working out blows!

Sent on dragon wing

• Like 1

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Oh my, I'm afraid that Kb workout would have killed me! 

• Like 1

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

That sounds bananas but amazing! I'm hoping for a return to some sort of stable schedule too, soon - my lack of working out blows!

Sent on dragon wing

It'll feel SO good once you get back to it!

Oh my, I'm afraid that Kb workout would have killed me! 

Nonsense. Utter nonsense. You're basically the BaddestAMF I know. Try it sometime - you have an hour to do as much as you can. [emoji14]

• Like 2

Level 20

Week Two Day Five:

Metrics: +2pts carbs were slightly over again, but overall this was much more reasonable.

Workout: none scheduled. I might have cried if there was, I was so beat up from the day before!

Steps: +12,000! Finally making up some ground.

Bike commute: did not happen. This is the first time I've missed it due to laziness/sleepiness whatever. But I now have 20km to make up to get back on track.

So I'm going to be hella busy this weekend... we've got some work for our home business that needs done, I have to finish my presentation for my interview (I have a rough draft nearly competed, but haven't even started on my PowerPoint. And that whole getting caught up on biking. And the step challenge with Hiroro. Plus I kind of want to go find a new outfit for the interview.

Yikes. We'll see how this goes.

But the one thing there are no excuses for is FOOD. I am going to eat like a freaking goddess this weekend! We're not going away for once, and I am finally making some progress fatloss-wise and I am not taking a step back for weekend nonsense!

• Like 2

Level 20

42 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

It'll feel SO good once you get back to it!

Nonsense. Utter nonsense. You're basically the BaddestAMF I know. Try it sometime - you have an hour to do as much as you can. emoji14.png

Thanks. I'm good at doing the slow grind stuff, the fast do as much as you can stuff, not so much:) I think for that, I would really need a class, where others are doing it too, to keep pushing myself

Thanks. I'm good at doing the slow grind stuff, the fast do as much as you can stuff, not so much[emoji4] I think for that, I would really need a class, where others are doing it too, to keep pushing myself

I do hear what you're saying - I couldn't push myself the same way alone at home either. Our instructor just has this really calm, collected way of telling you what to do, that you feel like you MUST keep up, because you simply weren't provided with another option.

• Like 1

Level 20